SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Leafs 2023 2024 Season Discussion Part 3 - Winter Blues

6 janv. à 19 h 16
Rip
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,022
Quoting: Leafsfan98
No, Nylander isn't in the top 2 on his team... How is he one of the best players in the league?

And his rate of having a point... Especially from his current play, is unsustainable

It's fans like you that don't deserve nice things
6 janv. à 19 h 20
Rip
Kuzmenko is a lesser Nylander clone, that's the exact meaning of replaceable...

And a team who lacks scoring would rather keep Nylander... Toronto isn't one of those teams

Kuzmenko is a passenger. He doesn't drive play. He got cushy usage in his first year and has been nothing this season. You are ridiculous on this one. Like I mentioned the grass is greener, anyone who's scored 30 goals once is as good or good enough. Nylander is an elite top 10 winger. He makes everyone he plays with better. And this year he's been rather good defensively and insane offensively. You're just out to lunch
6 janv. à 19 h 21
Rip
Quoting: CameronSquires
After his ELC, what do you think the contract will be for Knies?

Do you think it'll be a short bridge? Or a longer contract?

Way too much hockey needs to be played before we talk about that.
CameronSquires a aimé ceci.
6 janv. à 19 h 22
McMann Season
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 941
Quoting: RipNasty
Way too much hockey needs to be played before we talk about that.

I'm aware, I'm just saying as a hypothetical right now.
6 janv. à 19 h 25
Rip

It's so hard to judge. He's an effective player and definitely has loads of potential but he isn't at all blowing the doors off offensively yet. Still figuring out what he is best suited for. So if the points don't come I bet it'll be a short term deal if he does alright for a season or two 40-50 point range, maybe you try to get some extra term and a bigger hit. But right now, I have no idea.
6 janv. à 19 h 25
McMann Season
Beautiful hit there by Benoit
6 janv. à 19 h 35
McMann Season
Wow Jones with a beauty save
6 janv. à 19 h 35
Rejoint: avr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,512

Hypothetically? Probably in the range we didn’t want to give Bunting or Hyman: $5m maybe for 3ish years.

If he gets 30+ tucks probably more
6 janv. à 20 h 5
Leafs going to Leafs
Mentions "j'aime": 2,948
It's fans like you that don't deserve nice things

It's fans like you that don't realize what needs to happen to win
6 janv. à 20 h 12
Leafs going to Leafs
Mentions "j'aime": 2,948
Kuzmenko is a passenger. He doesn't drive play. He got cushy usage in his first year and has been nothing this season. You are ridiculous on this one. Like I mentioned the grass is greener, anyone who's scored 30 goals once is as good or good enough. Nylander is an elite top 10 winger. He makes everyone he plays with better. And this year he's been rather good defensively and insane offensively. You're just out to lunch

You are describing Nylander to a certain extent...

Nylander isn't better than: Marner, Kuch, Pasta, Tkachuk, Robertson, Kaprizov, Svech, Barzal, Panarin, Ovi, Rantanen, K Connor, Bratt off the top of my head... That puts him 12-15 range at best
6 janv. à 20 h 24
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,962
Quoting: Juice
Hypothetically? Probably in the range we didn’t want to give Bunting or Hyman: $5m maybe for 3ish years.

If he gets 30+ tucks probably more

Im guessing Arvidsson contract 4.25m x 6 years

As Brad seems to love 6 year deals after the ELC
6 janv. à 20 h 48
McMann Season
Wow what a shift by Domi. You can tell he wants to stay here with that kind of effort. Love to see it.
6 janv. à 20 h 50
Hakuna Matata
Last year the Cali trip resulted in this team changing for the better in terms of play after going 0-1-2

This year its the same as they have been playing a solid defensive game these past 3 games down there even against non contenders
6 janv. à 21 h 8
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,193
He is...

Not as good, but way cheaper and roughly the same age and have the exact same impact defensively...

Ok as you said yourself not as good. So not a direct replacement. But if your suggesting he could replace Nylander spot in the lineup, maybe but I’m not 100% convinced.

Normally I would agree but betting against Willy is a recipe for disaster.

Based on what exactly? Just because of underlying numbers? Because I’m not convinced.

Again, don’t get me wrong. I love Willy. I hope we can get to him come back on a deal under 10 mil. But he’s not worth over 11 mil no matter what way you slice it.
aadoyle a aimé ceci.
6 janv. à 21 h 14
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,982
bend-over-knees-bent-gif.gif?fit=154%2C201&ssl=1

Assume the position “Brad”
6 janv. à 21 h 17
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 6 janv. à 21 h 53
I really hope Sportsnet and or Friedman just hearing things and that Nylander deal aint true

11.5m x 8 years is way to much for Nylander. Term supposed to keep the money down lul not make it go up

Cause yea that man should not be making more than Pastranak not even close.

But at the same time I understand the situation Brad's in as he dont want another Gaudreau/Tkachuck situation

If Willy keeps giving us 100+ points guess the deals fine.
Saskleaf et palhal a aimé ceci.
6 janv. à 21 h 29
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 6 janv. à 21 h 38
Adding to the above man if this deals true Leafs will be paying 4 guys

46.65m...Add Rielly's 7.5m and we go to 54.15m which is 61.7% of the cap's going to 5 players....

And we were already having issues with 3 guys earning double digits lul and eating almost 48% lul

Then u got the kicker Marner's due and if Willy gets 11.5m whats Marner gonna command 12.5m
6 janv. à 21 h 45
Hakuna Matata
Probs the best Cali roadtrip I have seen from TOR in a while

3gp

9gf

2ga

Jones: 0.974sv and a 1gaa

And some of the best defense I have seen from them besides a tiny stretch in tonight's game and that one play in ANA

Still surprised Hildeby didnt get one of these two games as with how the team played he would have been fine.

Guess his debut is SJS on TUE
6 janv. à 21 h 49
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,264
So like… is there anything Treliving does better than Dubas?
6 janv. à 21 h 51
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 6 janv. à 21 h 56
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason

He got one of the big 4 to sign an 8 year deal, made the team more physical and cooperative with eachother through his new additions.

Jones, Benoit, Domi, Bertuzzi all have been pretty good

All Dubas leftovers be problems or meh: Samsonov, Kampf, Brodie

Lets be real Dubas would have probs gave Willy 12.5m or would have moved him or Marner for EK last offseason

We all knew Dubas wanted EK and yea we would have still ended up with 4 double digits just one = an old Dman lul

Hope the questions answered
6 janv. à 21 h 57
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,982

I think what scares me more than him shelling out for Nylander (cause at least he is good)

Is Treliving is god awful in FA, I have no faith in him building a positive roster
LeafsFanForSomeReason a aimé ceci.
6 janv. à 21 h 59
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,693
Quoting: aadoyle
I really hope Sportsnet and or Friedman just hearing things and that Nylander deal aint true

11.5m x 8 years is way to much for Nylander. Term supposed to keep the money down lul not make it go up

Cause yea that man should not be making more than Pastranak not even close.

But at the same time I understand the situation Brad's in as he dont want another Gaudreau/Tkachuck situation

Just to add, I really don't think any reporter truly knows what the contract offer by the Leafs was. It's just these reporters filling air time, for which they get paid. Either way, anyone can guess what Nylander's next contract will be and be fairly close

Agree with aadoyle. To me 11.5m is too much. But certainly 8 years seems too much as any other team can offer 7 years.
And really, should any team HAVE to pay the most to sign a UFA. If it's just about money for the player, maybe that player isn't for you.

On another subject. Leafs have allowed just two goals in the past three games. Maybe we should selling Jones and one or two of our Dmen because they will never have better trade value. (Just kidding fellas)
6 janv. à 22 h 2
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: palhal
Just to add, I really don't think any reporter truly knows what the contract offer by the Leafs was. It's just these reporters filling air time, for which they get paid. Either way, anyone can guess what Nylander's next contract will be and be fairly close

Agree with aadoyle. To me 11.5m is too much. But certainly 8 years seems too much as any other team can offer 7 years.
And really, should any team HAVE to pay the most to sign a UFA. If it's just about money for the player, maybe that player isn't for you.

On another subject. Leafs have allowed just two goals in the past three games. Maybe we should selling Jones and one or two of our Dmen because they will never have better trade value. (Just kidding fellas)

The only way I will say **** it to 11.5m is if Willy takes Toronto to the SCF, Wins the cup, and gets that trophy in the end. Then its **** it who cares lul.

The other way is if he ends the season with Kucherov numbers 50 goals and 128 points. And for at least 2-3 more seasons after stays at around 100 points.

Its gonna be a tough pill to swallow but who knows maybe this really is Willy, or not idk

But yea at least the caps going up and then after next season JT's 11m comes off the books

Did the math they still can do some stuff but they need to tread the waters carefully
6 janv. à 22 h 3
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,264
Quoting: MatthewsFan
I think what scares me more than him shelling out for Nylander (cause at least he is good)

Is Treliving is god awful in FA, I have no faith in him building a positive roster

Yep. Has gotten negative value out of most of his UFA signings. When he couldn’t spend the money he had this past offseason efficiently I don’t have high hopes that he’ll do better with a tight cap
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
6 janv. à 22 h 7
Hakuna Matata
Yep. Has gotten negative value out of most of his UFA signings. When he couldn’t spend the money he had this past offseason efficiently I don’t have high hopes that he’ll do better with a tight cap

Which has been negative?

Bertuzzi has been good considering hes not 100%, Domi has been good, Benoit, Gregor, Lagesson, Jones have been good

Kampf's in the middle of good and bad as when he has an explosive week will give us 3 goals in 4 games lul. Also good defensively and important PKer

Only guys who were problems ended up on LTIR lul

So yea where's the negatives

Is this Siegal? Thought Domi scared em off
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage