SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Leafs 2023 2024 Season Discussion Part 3 - Winter Blues

15 janv. à 19 h 25
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,056
Quoting: aadoyle
Even then look at that rangers team. That game 7 was embarrassing by NYR. They acted like Toronto in so many game 7's

Gallant's system is a 1 year wonder than crash down to reality

BC the 3rd and 4rth lines decided that the 1rst line can do all the work and then some come playoff time... Look at that Rangers scoring depth in the playoffs
15 janv. à 19 h 30
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,103
Quoting: Leafsfan98
BC the 3rd and 4rth lines decided that the 1rst line can do all the work and then some come playoff time... Look at that Rangers scoring depth in the playoffs

In general we can make excuses doesnt change the outcome

Gallant's system is one year wonder thats it we have seen it twice no need for a third
15 janv. à 20 h 5
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 15 janv. à 22 h 32
Honestly I think the trade we see happen this TDL

Seeler + Walker

But this relies on PHI deciding to get rid of the UFA's and not being in a playoff spot
15 janv. à 21 h 37
Démarrer sujet
Just Keep Swimming
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,676
Quoting: Trickster
Omg I'd love him too.
Real price thoughts?

Probably a 1st, mins choice of top prospect, and then some
16 janv. à 15 h 3
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,928
I don't see the value of trading any futures for any player this season. Walker, Seeler, Tanev (name your favourite) isn't gong to change the Leafs futures. Just like in previous years trading away all those picks for what....one playoff round win?
16 janv. à 15 h 40
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 16 janv. à 15 h 56
Quoting: palhal
I don't see the value of trading any futures for any player this season. Walker, Seeler, Tanev (name your favourite) isn't gong to change the Leafs futures. Just like in previous years trading away all those picks for what....one playoff round win?

In general if the leafs trade for any of these guys then extend them is it really an issue

Like Gio u paid for him then he extended with us and we got two more years out of him

Brad knows this to which is why he wont trade for anyone who does not have term or who he thinks he cannot extend

Tanev for instance I see extending, Same with Seeler and or Walker

Its not like Dubas who went in and got ROR and Acciari without a plan for extension. Now Brad did try and came close with ROR but he didnt want to be the 3c which is understandable

But yea I see Brad targeting either guys with term or guys he knows he can extend

He made an attempt with Zadorov + Tanev just was a matter of retention that killed it. Cause while getting those two would not have been cheap got a feeling both would have been extended by now

If Brad goes and spends for Seeler + Walker gets them extended then thats fine

As those two would help fix some issues with this Dcore

Rielly-Brodie
McCabe-Walker
Seeler-Liligren
16 janv. à 15 h 45
Hakuna Matata
Would honestly take a crack and claiming Zohorna, has size, looked nice here in his short stint, and wont cost us any assets
16 janv. à 18 h 15
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,928
In general if the leafs trade for any of these guys then extend them is it really an issue

Like Gio u paid for him then he extended with us and we got two more years out of him

Brad knows this to which is why he wont trade for anyone who does not have term or who he thinks he cannot extend

Tanev for instance I see extending, Same with Seeler and or Walker

Its not like Dubas who went in and got ROR and Acciari without a plan for extension. Now Brad did try and came close with ROR but he didnt want to be the 3c which is understandable

But yea I see Brad targeting either guys with term or guys he knows he can extend

He made an attempt with Zadorov + Tanev just was a matter of retention that killed it. Cause while getting those two would not have been cheap got a feeling both would have been extended by now

If Brad goes and spends for Seeler + Walker gets them extended then thats fine

As those two would help fix some issues with this Dcore

Rielly-Brodie
McCabe-Walker
Seeler-Liligren

I kinda disagree. To give up assets, in a "hope" of extending to me seems unwise. Those guys aren't getting eight years, so the all teams are really. on equal footing. So the Leafs would still have to give top dollar and term to extend them or sign them as UFA. I just prefer to go the UFA route.
Trickster, Juice et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
16 janv. à 19 h 42
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 16 janv. à 19 h 58
Quoting: palhal
I kinda disagree. To give up assets, in a "hope" of extending to me seems unwise. Those guys aren't getting eight years, so the all teams are really. on equal footing. So the Leafs would still have to give top dollar and term to extend them or sign them as UFA. I just prefer to go the UFA route.

But there really would not be on hope

As mentioned numerous times on TSN, SN and other insiders Brad wont spend assets a 1st or other significant assets unless he is sure he can get the guy extended and or the person has term with Minten and Cowen seemingly being the untouchables

Its not hope so much as Brad knows he can get this done

Why else was he targeting Zadorov and Tanev. He knew if he got either or both he could extend em

Cause lets be real if your hope is FA then yea its not gonna end well as expect overpayments or potentially a lot of miss outs. Spend the assets go get your guy, extend him done rather than try and overpay to get him via FA.
16 janv. à 20 h 33
Rejoint: avr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,512
But there really would not be on hope

As mentioned numerous times on TSN, SN and other insiders Brad wont spend assets a 1st or other significant assets unless he is sure he can get the guy extended and or the person has term with Minten and Cowen seemingly being the untouchables

Its not hope so much as Brad knows he can get this done

Why else was he targeting Zadorov and Tanev. He knew if he got either or both he could extend em

Cause lets be real if your hope is FA then yea its not gonna end well as expect overpayments or potentially a lot of miss outs. Spend the assets go get your guy, extend him done rather than try and overpay to get him via FA.

I don't think the "hope" of getting them in free agency is any more far fetched than the "hope" of trading for them at the TDL and then extending them before July 1st. Sure...it gives you the upper hand to have exclusive negotiations with them...but is that worth giving up the assets? Especially if you have to add to the package for retention? Because the argument is now whether or not we need to bother adding for the TDL with a lot of people leaning towards "no".....so now is the risk of competing with all the other teams on July 1st worth giving up futures for?

I think if it's a guy like who you've been pushing....Adam Larsson....someone with at least another year....or a guy that Brad gets permission to negotiate an extension for prior to trading...it could be worth considering....I think there's some added value in bringing a D-man in early and get him acclimated with the team/system so it's not all new next year....but Brad needs to hold on to 1st rounders and top propspect and I don't think we can land a tanev or wheeler without...but we'll see.
palhal a aimé ceci.
16 janv. à 21 h 46
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 16 janv. à 21 h 52
Quoting: Juice
I don't think the "hope" of getting them in free agency is any more far fetched than the "hope" of trading for them at the TDL and then extending them before July 1st. Sure...it gives you the upper hand to have exclusive negotiations with them...but is that worth giving up the assets? Especially if you have to add to the package for retention? Because the argument is now whether or not we need to bother adding for the TDL with a lot of people leaning towards "no".....so now is the risk of competing with all the other teams on July 1st worth giving up futures for?

I think if it's a guy like who you've been pushing....Adam Larsson....someone with at least another year....or a guy that Brad gets permission to negotiate an extension for prior to trading...it could be worth considering....I think there's some added value in bringing a D-man in early and get him acclimated with the team/system so it's not all new next year....but Brad needs to hold on to 1st rounders and top propspect and I don't think we can land a tanev or wheeler without...but we'll see.

To me when Brad targeted Zadorov and Tanev and tried to do a blockbuster it was pretty evident what he was eyeing and it makes sense. He was familiar with both and probs knew hey I may give up ABC for them but both these guys or at least one will extend and stay. The main issue was retention it seemed rip CGY lul the return they could have got would have smacked the Zadorov return from Van out of the park

But yea with Tanev still available thats the guy I see Brad targeting as of now but its a matter of okay let me think how I can get this done and or can I also get someone else within the deal. Which makes sense for him as Brad usually spends 1sts for guys with term (I know Monahan but thats for another reason)

Now maybe Brad jumps the gun and gets Chycrun from a divisional rival lets see
oneX a aimé ceci.
16 janv. à 22 h 4
Hakuna Matata
Skinner got to thank the post and bar lul
16 janv. à 22 h 25
Hakuna Matata
Nvm lul
16 janv. à 22 h 38
Hakuna Matata
Thats why u hug the post as it seems these impossible angle goals be more common now lul
16 janv. à 22 h 47
Rejoint: avr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,512
To me when Brad targeted Zadorov and Tanev and tried to do a blockbuster it was pretty evident what he was eyeing and it makes sense. He was familiar with both and probs knew hey I may give up ABC for them but both these guys or at least one will extend and stay. The main issue was retention it seemed rip CGY lul the return they could have got would have smacked the Zadorov return from Van out of the park

But yea with Tanev still available thats the guy I see Brad targeting as of now but its a matter of okay let me think how I can get this done and or can I also get someone else within the deal. Which makes sense for him as Brad usually spends 1sts for guys with term (I know Monahan but thats for another reason)

Now maybe Brad jumps the gun and gets Chycrun from a divisional rival lets see

For me, I think he was calling to get the price on D help and, when the ask was a 1st +, he tried adding Zadorov to it to justify the cost.

Probably same with wheeler. Philly asks for a first and Brad tries to get seeler added.

So I saw that more as a willingness to give up a first + but only if he could check of two boxes instead of only one
16 janv. à 22 h 52
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Juice
For me, I think he was calling to get the price on D help and, when the ask was a 1st +, he tried adding Zadorov to it to justify the cost.

Probably same with wheeler. Philly asks for a first and Brad tries to get seeler added.

So I saw that more as a willingness to give up a first + but only if he could check of two boxes instead of only one

Apparently what broke the deal was retention. When CGY was going through its skid Brad apparently was eyeing both and it makes sense as when u want to add 2 big Dman to this team who fit 2 areas of need it made sense. As the saying why have one when you can have two

Sucks it didnt happen, but I understand CGY position as if they retained on those two then it they would have one spot left for Hanafin and Lindholm and those two are whats gonna get CGY its most value. But at the same time they had a good shot of getting a pretty sweet return

As for Walker and PHI I got a feeling PHI is waiting to see where they are at by the TDL. I dont think its gonna cost a 1st for him considering Ghost who had 40 points and 10 goals went for a 3rd. Seeler probs same price we paid for Schenn (3rd). Probs 2 3rds + Timmins would get it done. Would be surprised if Walker pushed 1st territory.

But yea I got a feeling Brad's waiting to see whose gonna be available by the TDL. Not just whose now but everyone. As lets say he traded for Walker now and then Chycrun became available 2 weeks later

As if you got a chance at Chycrun or lets say Weegar or Marino, etc become available then those guys be right up the ball park of what u want (guys with term)

To me hes being patient to see 1. how the team does and 2. whose gonna be available rather than just jump on the first guy as u dont want to look desperate
16 janv. à 23 h 7
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 16 janv. à 23 h 20
We need to have a talk about Brodie lul

I think its time to lower him down

As his defense has not been the best for a while now and far to often hes out of position or just get beat to easily.
16 janv. à 23 h 28
Rip
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,155
The refs are not good tonight
16 janv. à 23 h 29
Hakuna Matata
Another multi goal lead blown and then the opposing team takes the lead in the third

This team man they JUST DONT LEARN

Keefe gone when?
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
16 janv. à 23 h 31
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,102
Script writers need to change it up, this isn't funny anymore.

Also, dont expect any changes. This season is just another wasted year of the Matthews era (which can be partly attributed to growing pains with new managerial philosophies)

Id expect more or less of the same next season.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
16 janv. à 23 h 31
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,299
Domi is so f*cking frustrating
16 janv. à 23 h 33
Hakuna Matata
Nylander Nylander Nylander u got your money where did u go?
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
16 janv. à 23 h 33
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: NorthernLeafsFan05
Script writers need to change it up, this isn't funny anymore.

Also, dont expect any changes. This season is just another wasted year of the Matthews era (which can be partly attributed to growing pains with new managerial philosophies)

Id expect more or less of the same next season.

Firing Keefe would be a good start

As seriously hes cooked
16 janv. à 23 h 37
Hakuna Matata
Leafs just mimicking perfectly what they did against DET
16 janv. à 23 h 37
Démarrer sujet
Just Keep Swimming
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,676
We should trade for Petey in the summer. That'll solve it
NorthernLeafsFan05 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage