Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,070
Quoting: NorthernLeafsFan05
Dont care, Davis Schneider runs the league

Hes been fun but man is that **** bad

Commissioner probs will get involved as I dont think they can do that

But man could u imagine an NHL team did that

Like Boston gets Bertuzzi, Orlov etc last TDL Bergeron gets hurt **** it waive both to tank
30 août 2023 à 1 h 4
Kansler
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 230
Quoting: aadoyle
Hes been fun but man is that **** bad

Commissioner probs will get involved as I dont think they can do that

But man could u imagine an NHL team did that

Like Boston gets Bertuzzi, Orlov etc last TDL Bergeron gets hurt **** it waive both to tank

What did he do?
30 août 2023 à 1 h 6
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: HelmutCool
What did he do?

Oh Schneider didnt do anything was talking about the Angels and what they did

WTF is that **** lul

Imagine an NHL team did that

Bettman would be going ape **** lul
30 août 2023 à 7 h 21
Kansler

WTF is that **** lul

Yeah, meant the Angels. Baseball not big in Finland.
30 août 2023 à 8 h 27
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,403

WTF is that **** lul

Yikes, LA Angels baseball lol, truly a masterclass, waiving 6 good players (5 of which you acquired at the TDL lmao)
30 août 2023 à 14 h 8
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Yikes, LA Angels baseball lol, truly a masterclass, waiving 6 good players (5 of which you acquired at the TDL lmao)

Lul we have seen super tanking in the NHL but imagine a contender buys at the TDL then did this 2 weeks later.

Now sure its very unlikely due to picks being involved and in baseball I dont believe they trade them but still

It would be a moment for the history books thats for sure.
30 août 2023 à 14 h 20
Craig Laughlin Fan
Rejoint: nov. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,746
Quoting: A_Habs_fan

I wouldn't really call Renfroe's year good but regardless of me nitpicking, yeah what an Arte Moreno tanking masterclass, the NHL could only dream of tanking that well
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
30 août 2023 à 21 h 40
Bedard23
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,482
Bill Peters being hired to coach in the WHL is another example of how sports fans and personnel have either complete memory loss
31 août 2023 à 9 h 17
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 484
If mark schiefele is a ranger then I think the rangers have joined Toronto as East teams I prefer.
31 août 2023 à 11 h 56
Kansler
Quoting: CantStopWontStop
If mark schiefele is a ranger then I think the rangers have joined Toronto as East teams I prefer.

How they suppose to make the cap work? Who is gone then?
31 août 2023 à 12 h 28
Quoting: HelmutCool
How they suppose to make the cap work? Who is gone then?

Unsure but there’s a few solid efforts on the armchair-gm side - if you filter by rangers then find the ones with jets trades from very recently.

Looks like Scheifele retained a bit and Heinola for Schneider and Chytil works.
31 août 2023 à 13 h 8
Kansler
Unsure but there’s a few solid efforts on the armchair-gm side - if you filter by rangers then find the ones with jets trades from very recently.

Looks like Scheifele retained a bit and Heinola for Schneider and Chytil works.

Went to see the armchair-section.
After reading a few got depressed and sligthly ill....
Wont be going back.
CantStopWontStop a aimé ceci.
31 août 2023 à 13 h 12
Hakuna Matata

I dont see why NYR would want him when they got 3 good Centers already and need to eventually make room for Kane when hes healthy

They got

Zibanajad 1c
Trocheck 2c
Chytil 3c
and Goodrow or Bonino as 4c

Now a team I could see debate a trade for him is Boston if they want to stay in the hunt but it would require a lot of gymnastics.
31 août 2023 à 14 h 24
Modifié 31 août 2023 à 14 h 38
I dont see why NYR would want him when they got 3 good Centers already and need to eventually make room for Kane when hes healthy

They got

Zibanajad 1c
Trocheck 2c
Chytil 3c
and Goodrow or Bonino as 4c

Now a team I could see debate a trade for him is Boston if they want to stay in the hunt but it would require a lot of gymnastics.

Idk. I’m testing two “sources” that are untested. I had a person mention it, then a separate website mention it, both last night. Not the places I usually expect to get a rumor both have the same rumor on the same day is sus. Neither one benefits from making stuff up from how I perceive them.

Bout to find out if this smoke is a fire or just goofballs waving smoke.

I gotta say I find the concept to be fun. I approve of it for sure. The rangers were fun to watch before. Not as much as some others. This would be great. Obv that’s all just a personal opinion.
31 août 2023 à 15 h 19
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,105
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
Think you're just a lot more bullish on that grouping than me.

Ekholm - Bouchard is legitimately fantastic. Top 5 is maybe a bit much for me at this point after only 21 games where well over 50% of their time was spent with the best player in the world (over 75% if you throw Draisaitl in there as well). Not to take anything away from them, they're great, just want to see more before a declaration of top 5, especially with Ekholm's age.

The rest is just kind of meh for me.

Nurse obviously has great offensive numbers, but so often I watch him play and just think to myself, "I have no idea what you were doing there"

Kulak I like in a bottom pair role.

Not a fan of Desharnais - oftentimes looks like he doesn't belong on NHL ice.

Broberg I also like but is having trouble carving out a role for himself. Not that they've given him a ton of opportunity to do so.

Then you've got Ceci sitting there at 3 and a quarter. Not sure what the plan with him is.

Ekholm-Bouchards numbers without Mcdavid/Draisaitl are just as good - and as good as Draisaitl is, he’s not really the kind of player that elevates his teammates at 5v5.

What makes Ekholm-Bouchard an elite pairing is that both can carry the puck, generate offense, and defend at a high level. It’s a pick your poison with them. At 5v5 they are both #1 caliber D. Ekholm just sucks at special teams. Ekholms game is similar to Mark giordano, I don’t see him regressing any time soon. His game isn’t predicated on speed/high end skill, it’s consistently making the right plays over and over again. Just like Devon Toews - there is nothing flashy about his game, he just does the little things right.

Nurse is overpaid but he’s now getting underrated lol. The season where he had 16 goals was a fluke , but he improved at both ends of the ice since and he’s a solid #2 D at 5v5 who can drive a 2nd pairing.

Desharnais is a guy who doesn’t always look the part but he’s effective either in a bottom pair role or in a 2nd pair role with a high end top 4 D. He’s great at defending the slot and he’s decent at moving the puck/generating offense.

Broberg was 21 last season, in Bouchards age 21 season he played 14 games and was scratched a bunch of times.

Basically Edmonton has what every contender needs. A high end top pairing with a legitimate #1 D, a top pair D who can drive a 2nd pair and the rest of the D core filled out with guys who can do a little bit of everything
31 août 2023 à 19 h 47
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,650
Can't share the tweet but :

This year, Jo Drou raised more money for a foundation (860k) than his actual salary (825k)
CantStopWontStop et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
31 août 2023 à 20 h 52
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,095
Looks like the Sabres are taking a page out of the old Florida Panthers textbook and limiting their ticket sales to stop Leafs fans from taking over the games

Lmao
Saskleaf et BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
1 sept. 2023 à 0 h 22
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,095
How poorly do you all think Letang will do this year after likely losing his spot on PP1 to Karlsson? Is this a Burns / Karlsson situation all over again?
1 sept. 2023 à 8 h 50
Modifié 1 sept. 2023 à 9 h 43
Looks like the Sabres are taking a page out of the old Florida Panthers textbook and limiting their ticket sales to stop Leafs fans from taking over the games

Lmao

Now that they’re good they don’t want your dirty Toronto money. They’re greatful for the last 15 years of it tho. Interesting way to thank the people responsible for your existence. I wonder if a Peluga yacht is named Wendell’s Wagon.
NorthernLeafsFan05 a aimé ceci.
1 sept. 2023 à 8 h 58
Modifié 1 sept. 2023 à 14 h 19
How poorly do you all think Letang will do this year after likely losing his spot on PP1 to Karlsson? Is this a Burns / Karlsson situation all over again?

My thought is that Letang is night and day more defensively responsible than burns.

Letang is closer to pietrangelo while burns is closer to Karlsson.

If anything, if gives them the same ability to overload the ice similar to Edmonton while, like Edmonton, able to play the response well:

Edm is ekholm Bouchard mcd drai bumper/shooter overloaded with nurse Ceci backstopping the next shift.

Pitt is Karlsson ? Crosby Malkin bumper/shooter overloaded with Letang ? Backstopping the next shift. Idk what their pairs will be.

Works for edm. Nuge had over 100 pts. The backstop is effective. Whoever ends up being pitts nuge is gonna have a good time. Life is a whole lot better when you have a world class puck moving d on the ice with you a whole lot. Doobey Doobey doo has to do a lot better than Jeff carter or Lars Eller tho. They really need one more offensive threat bad. Maybe they have it internally idk, do not follow them closely. Barbashev would have been nice.
1 sept. 2023 à 11 h 42
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,105

It’ll affect his point totals, that’s about it. Letang can still eat a ton of minutes at even strength
1 sept. 2023 à 13 h 34
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 1 sept. 2023 à 16 h 42

Why lose his spot if anything Pitt just gonna load up PP unit 1

Once Guentzel comes back

Malkin-Crosby-Guentzel
Letang-Karlsson

Unit 2

Rust-Carter-Smith
POJ-Rakell

Like that unit 1 gonna score a lot of PP goals and probs forget they got a unit 2
DucharmetheDOMinator a aimé ceci.
1 sept. 2023 à 16 h 46
Why lose his spot if anything Pitt just gonna load up PP unit 1

Once Guentzel comes back

Malkin-Crosby-Guentzel
Letang-Karlsson

Unit 2

Rust-Carter-Smith
POJ-Rakell

Like that unit 1 gonna score a lot of PP goals and probs forget they got a unit 2

This is where schiefele needs to be. No offense to Jeff carter but….I’d call the penguins cup contenders if they could have some drastic improvement right at this roster spot specifically.

I doubt they can make that happen tho yeah?

Could the penguins give up something valuable? Idk. They obv don’t have something similar to give back.
1 sept. 2023 à 17 h 26
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 1 sept. 2023 à 17 h 31
This is where schiefele needs to be. No offense to Jeff carter but….I’d call the penguins cup contenders if they could have some drastic improvement right at this roster spot specifically.

I doubt they can make that happen tho yeah?

Could the penguins give up something valuable? Idk. They obv don’t have something similar to give back.

Pitt got no cap room as Guentzel is coming back and he also needs an extension so the fit really isnt there

In general not many competitive teams have the cap space or assets to make it work. Not many players want to be in WPG and so it makes a deal tricky.

Got a feeling we may just see an extension happen
1 sept. 2023 à 19 h 18
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 18,458

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage