SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2023 NHL Offseason Discussion Thread #3 - Free Agent Frenzy

One of the more popular debates online recently has been Malkin vs Kane. Who do you guys think had the better career? I'm going with Geno
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

7 juill. 2023 à 23 h 11
Ex Nucks fan
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 17,624
Quoting: HockeyScotty
I can see the interest from Toronto's perspective but why would the Canes do that? Leaves a big hole at 2RD and would use up all of their cap space

Hmm I wonder what high end RHD may be on the trade market as of current.
NorthernLeafsFan05 a aimé ceci.
7 juill. 2023 à 23 h 12
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,034
Quoting: Juiceman

NSH, CBJ and Buffalo got a surplus of RD rn

Could see someone moved

As I dont think Carrier is gonna be happy sitting in the pressbox
7 juill. 2023 à 23 h 13
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,083

31479.jpg
CantStopWontStop, Tintin et zk97 a aimé ceci.
7 juill. 2023 à 23 h 13
Ex Nucks fan
Quoting: NorthernLeafsFan05
31479.jpg

I mean you're right. Only one with a calder trophy to his name. Also World Championship gold medalist
NorthernLeafsFan05 et zk97 a aimé ceci.
7 juill. 2023 à 23 h 21
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 484
Wait so..

Pesce Karlsson myers garland lots little stuff 3 way?

Does Pitt take half a Karlsson in krug then?
7 juill. 2023 à 23 h 28
Tintin over 1122
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 10,168
Quoting: aadoyle
This could be solved through Carolina then signing Dumba in FA

Slavin-Burns
Orlov-Dumba
Skjei-Chatfield

Cause I dont think the trade would look like a straight up 1 for 1 especially if its a Willy sign and trade.

That’s actually a really good idea
CantStopWontStop a aimé ceci.
7 juill. 2023 à 23 h 32
Ex Nucks fan

Just found this clip. Boeser is widely known for being a slow skater. I watched him all year and that seemed to be the case, however this clip makes me think that he was hardly ever putting in the maximum effort. It would make sense as he publicly stated that his head was not in the game after his dad died. This clip shows him to be skating near his top speed. I did some calculations and found his speed to be just over 32 km/h or just over 20 mph which is basically league average. I don't think he is as bad as people think, he just hasn't been showing that he can skate
7 juill. 2023 à 23 h 44
Ex Nucks fan
Quoting: CantStopWontStop
Wait so..

Pesce Karlsson myers garland lots little stuff 3 way?

Does Pitt take half a Karlsson in krug then?

Rumour has it, the Canucks paid Tyler his 5 mil bonus early. Something might be cooking 👀
CantStopWontStop a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2023 à 0 h 2
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 965
This could be solved through Carolina then signing Dumba in FA

Slavin-Burns
Orlov-Dumba
Skjei-Chatfield

Cause I dont think the trade would look like a straight up 1 for 1 especially if its a Willy sign and trade.

Because they're getting an elite scoring talent in return? And supposedly the TDA trade is going down soon (possibly tomorrow). Canes still in on Karlsson as well. A Pesce trade seems like a foregone conclusion at this point

Does Carolina have a free pass to exceed the cap somehow that I am missing?

Tony DeAngelo (50% retained) + Nylander - Pesce and with a full roster puts them at nearly $2 million over the cap. Then they are going to add Dumba at what AAV ($3-4.5 million)?

Then it means they would have to move someone out to make room for all that salary. Teravainen or Svechnikov?

Then you have to factor what they lose due to the cap compliance into the costs of acquiring a high AAV guy like Nylander while also having Aho, Jarvis, Necas, Skjei, and DeAngelo all free agents also.

So Pesce + Svechnikov/Teravainen in exchange for Nylander + Dumba; are they really a better overall team for doing that?

Then of course they would have to extend Nylander at his reported $10 million asking price next season and possibly lose more depth players.
8 juill. 2023 à 0 h 5

Would they trade Svechnikov for him?
8 juill. 2023 à 0 h 10
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 8 juill. 2023 à 0 h 18

Tony DeAngelo (50% retained) + Nylander - Pesce and with a full roster puts them at nearly $2 million over the cap. Then they are going to add Dumba at what AAV ($3-4.5 million)?

Then it means they would have to move someone out to make room for all that salary. Teravainen or Svechnikov?

Then you have to factor what they lose due to the cap compliance into the costs of acquiring a high AAV guy like Nylander while also having Aho, Jarvis, Necas, Skjei, and DeAngelo all free agents also.

So Pesce + Svechnikov/Teravainen in exchange for Nylander + Dumba; are they really a better overall team for doing that?

Then of course they would have to extend Nylander at his reported $10 million asking price next season and possibly lose more depth players.

DeAngelo will then be the fill in for Pesce it seems as Carolina seems to be wanting to sacrifice some RD defense for scoring

Carolina almost has 5mill in cap rn factoring their 2mill goalies sent down

So adding Nylander and DeAngelo 50% ret is doable

And in the USA Nylander will probs make less due to lower taxes
8 juill. 2023 à 0 h 20
DeAngelo will then be the fill in for Pesce it seems as Carolina seems to be wanting to sacrifice some RD defense for scoring

If thats the case who needs Dumba its doable

it would be really close cap-wise. If they included Martinook ($1,800,000 AAV) + Pesce ($4,025,000) for Nylander ($6,962,366) and ran a 22 man roster it should workout close enough with a lot of movement between AHL/healthy scratches at every chance they could get.
8 juill. 2023 à 0 h 27

Carolina almost has 5mill in cap rn factoring their 2mill goalies sent down

So adding Nylander and DeAngelo 50% ret is doable

And in the USA Nylander will probs make less due to lower taxes

Cap-Friendly's trade machine rejected it even if I added Timmins going to Carolina; but I don't think it is factoring in the Off-Season Cushion (+10%) and Muzzin on LTIR.
https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/741917
aadoyle a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2023 à 0 h 32
Hakuna Matata
Cap-Friendly's trade machine rejected it even if I added Timmins going to Carolina; but I don't think it is factoring in the Off-Season Cushion (+10%) and Muzzin on LTIR.
https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/741917

Ignore the rejection as it doesnt factor LTIR but yea there potential
8 juill. 2023 à 1 h 6
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever

If they get TDA, why would they sign Dumba? Where did Dumba even come into this? I didn't mention him, and I dont think he's been linked to them. Canes could potentially look to move Teuvo to clear cap. It's definitely possible for the Canes to add Nylander
8 juill. 2023 à 1 h 39
Hakuna Matata
If they get TDA, why would they sign Dumba? Where did Dumba even come into this? I didn't mention him, and I dont think he's been linked to them. Canes could potentially look to move Teuvo to clear cap. It's definitely possible for the Canes to add Nylander

I did as I forgot about DeAngelo and was like why not just replace Pesce with Dumba

But then DeAngelo is coming so that complicates that so just dont sign Dumba lul
8 juill. 2023 à 9 h 15
Modifié 8 juill. 2023 à 14 h 37
Today is the first day Tony Deangelo can be traded yeah?

I read it was one year after the last trade: last July 7.

I wonder if we get an eventful weekend.

Edit: appearently it’s tomorrow? First result I googled said July 7 but other said July 8.
zk97 a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2023 à 9 h 55
Rejoint: févr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 870
Florida currently has 9 defenseman rostered in the NHL. 7 of the 9 are lefties and the only 2 right handers are on injured reserve. Ekblad and Montour. Interesting strategy.
8 juill. 2023 à 10 h 21
Tintin over 1122
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 10,168
Quoting: Steven_Stamkos
Florida currently has 9 defenseman rostered in the NHL. 7 of the 9 are lefties and the only 2 right handers are on injured reserve. Ekblad and Montour. Interesting strategy.

Aren’t the Sabres like the same with that

They were last year. Nvm
8 juill. 2023 à 12 h 56
Respect Mike Grier
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,602

Yikes.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2023 à 13 h 13
Random thought:

Matt Duchene is Decaf Nathan MacKinnon.
kdawg32086 a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2023 à 13 h 18
Lifelong Leafs Fan
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 215
Quoting: ARMCHAIRGMOFTHEYEAR

Yikes.

Who is Sundin (#38 blue) in that video? It was weird not only because he shares a name with a Leafs legend, but he was wearing the number of another former Leaf, and fellow Swede Sandin.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2023 à 13 h 22
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Quoting: LeafsForLife
Who is Sundin (#38 blue) in that video? It was weird not only because he shares a name with a Leafs legend, but he was wearing the number of another former Leaf, and fellow Swede Sandin.

Albin Sundin. Undrafted in 2023, still draft eligible for 2024. Looked quite good
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2023 à 13 h 29
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 8 juill. 2023 à 13 h 43
Quoting: ARMCHAIRGMOFTHEYEAR

Yikes.

I dont fault either player for the incident as yes a scrimmage is not the best place to do this but at the same time your a big physical Dman and wanting to earn a ELC or AHL deal and showcase what you can do

As we saw this summer physical Dman got paid and NHL sees these hits at least once or twice a month.

Sucks for the outcome but in hockey your gonna see this its not easily avoidable. Wickenheiser statement sums things best
8 juill. 2023 à 13 h 55
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,402
Chris Johnston ( On Threads hence why no embed ) says:

NEWS: Expect the long-discussed Tony DeAngelo trade to be processed tomorrow, with the Canes acquiring him at 50% retained salary in exchange for a prospect.
DeAngelo was dealt to Philadelphia Flyers last July 8. NHL rules didn't permit Carolina to reacquire him with salary retention inside a year.
zk97 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage