SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2023 NHL Offseason Discussion Thread #3 - Free Agent Frenzy

One of the more popular debates online recently has been Malkin vs Kane. Who do you guys think had the better career? I'm going with Geno
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

8 juill. 2023 à 14 h 3
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,159
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Chris Johnston ( On Threads hence why no embed ) says:

NEWS: Expect the long-discussed Tony DeAngelo trade to be processed tomorrow, with the Canes acquiring him at 50% retained salary in exchange for a prospect.
DeAngelo was dealt to Philadelphia Flyers last July 8. NHL rules didn't permit Carolina to reacquire him with salary retention inside a year.

My guess for prospect is its gonna be Ryan Suzuki

I feel Kids time in Carolina's up

But man thats gonna be a weird Dcore and poor Chatfield lul
8 juill. 2023 à 15 h 3
Ex Nucks fan
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 17,624
Quoting: aadoyle
My guess for prospect is its gonna be Ryan Suzuki

I feel Kids time in Carolina's up

But man thats gonna be a weird Dcore and poor Chatfield lul

Massimo Rizzo
Saskleaf, BigBallsBriere, zk97 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2023 à 15 h 4
Saskoiler for now
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,248
Quoting: Juiceman
Massimo Rizzo

No way that’s a real name lol
8 juill. 2023 à 15 h 5
Ex Nucks fan
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 17,624
Quoting: Saskleaf
No way that’s a real name lol

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/286939/massimo-rizzo
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2023 à 15 h 14
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Juiceman
Massimo Rizzo

Of course its the guy with Riz lul
Saskleaf et Juiceman a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2023 à 17 h 12
Hakuna Matata
Looking at Columbus's moves would anyone be surprised if they took a swing at Nylander

They got the assets, the cap space, and can comfortably extend him
8 juill. 2023 à 17 h 23
Respect Mike Grier
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,607
Looking at Columbus's moves would anyone be surprised if they took a swing at Nylander

CBJ could take a swing at literally anyone tbh. I think Elias Lindholm should be their guy too target. Also Kuznetsov because I think Kuzy's value is quite low given the returns we've seen with similar situations (age/contract/production), and WSH seems to be ready to move on. Would take pressure off Fantilli to play in the top 6, and almost instantly make CBJ a playoff team imo while still sitting pretty well with their prospect pool.
8 juill. 2023 à 17 h 26
do not Devil my ass
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,275

well steve dangle believe they can get jiricek+ for him so that'd be great thing to explore for the leafs
8 juill. 2023 à 17 h 28
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: ARMCHAIRGMOFTHEYEAR
CBJ could take a swing at literally anyone tbh. I think Elias Lindholm should be their guy too target. Also Kuznetsov because I think Kuzy's value is quite low given the returns we've seen with similar situations (age/contract/production), and WSH seems to be ready to move on. Would take pressure off Fantilli to play in the top 6, and almost instantly make CBJ a playoff team imo while still sitting pretty well with their prospect pool.

The issue with Lindholm I dont think hes moved till the TDL . Meanwhile u could argue Fantilli wont have super high pressure as CBJ is full of C's rn. Jenner, Roslavic, Sillinger, etc. Having him start at 3c is something a lot of NHL teams do look at Matthews people forget he was our 3c for 2 years
8 juill. 2023 à 17 h 33
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Tintin
well steve dangle believe they can get jiricek+ for him so that'd be great thing to explore for the leafs

Yea no well maybe it all depends on CBJ's motives for win now

If they think they can win now by doing the move maybe it happens

Now to me I dont see it, I think the trade would involve other guys like Peeke, Sillinger, etc especially if its a deal that snags Nylander for 8 years

As rn CBJ is loaded with C prospects so they may make a package around them rather than a RD prospect they need in 2 years
8 juill. 2023 à 19 h 52
Respect Mike Grier
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,607

haha Briere is a legend.
8 juill. 2023 à 20 h 20
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 497
Some rumor places I dunno credibility (but not the fake news ones) thinking DeBrincat to Detroit is done as the rumor is the deal between Ottawa and Detroit is agreed on but the contract in Detroit for DeBrincat is not, but the active progress. They also point to DeBrincat being removed from the senators website as backing their claim but anyway idk. Will find out if they’re valid or not shortly.

And another site thinks Tarasenko to Buffalo on a one year is being discussed. I think that’s an amazing idea. That team has little playoff experience, but at the same time is kinda stacked. I think they def should have added playoff experience last deadline, or this offseason, but it has to expire next off season cause their defense needs cap surgery that offseason.
8 juill. 2023 à 20 h 24
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,113
Quoting: Tintin

I doubt Nylander + would get Jiricek
8 juill. 2023 à 20 h 26

They already have Gaudreau, Johnston, Laine, and Marchenko as the top 6 wings. I don’t think they’d trade for and overpay Nylander as good as he is.
8 juill. 2023 à 21 h 17
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 8 juill. 2023 à 21 h 24
Quoting: Db1899
They already have Gaudreau, Johnston, Laine, and Marchenko as the top 6 wings. I don’t think they’d trade for and overpay Nylander as good as he is.

Lets be honest they would probs want to push Marchenko to the third line and upgrade. Look at the D they didnt need Severson but went out and got him. They got the assets and are making win now trades.

And I doubt CBJ has an issue overpaying as look at the deals they have been throwing out for guys u could also argue they didnt need (Severson). Willy will be the first guy next to Gaudreau under market value and be locked up on that team as with lower taxes he will be more inclined to sign for 9mill than in Canada.

CBJ top 9 is then

Gaudreau-Jenner-Nylander
Johnston-Roslavic-Laine
Texier-Fantilli-Marchenko

Aint bad
A_Habs_fan et BigBallsBriere a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2023 à 22 h 25
Lets be honest they would probs want to push Marchenko to the third line and upgrade. Look at the D they didnt need Severson but went out and got him. They got the assets and are making win now trades.

And I doubt CBJ has an issue overpaying as look at the deals they have been throwing out for guys u could also argue they didnt need (Severson). Willy will be the first guy next to Gaudreau under market value and be locked up on that team as with lower taxes he will be more inclined to sign for 9mill than in Canada.

CBJ top 9 is then

Gaudreau-Jenner-Nylander
Johnston-Roslavic-Laine

Aint bad

Columbus desperately needed a guy like severson. Two way D who pushes play in the right direction. CBJ biggest problem.

Marchenko is a top 6 or bust kind of player - based on his production last season he’s already due a big raise and he should be even better this season. He looks like a 40+ goal stud.

Marchenko and Johnston are going to cost at least 10 mill to sign next offseason and they can’t afford them if they trade for and sign Nylander.
8 juill. 2023 à 22 h 57
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 8 juill. 2023 à 23 h 19
Quoting: Db1899
Columbus desperately needed a guy like severson. Two way D who pushes play in the right direction. CBJ biggest problem.

Marchenko is a top 6 or bust kind of player - based on his production last season he’s already due a big raise and he should be even better this season. He looks like a 40+ goal stud.

Marchenko and Johnston are going to cost at least 10 mill to sign next offseason and they can’t afford them if they trade for and sign Nylander.

CBJ didnt desperatly need a RD

They had Peeke, Boqvist, Bean, Jiricek, Bjork, and Gudbranson

They did it to be in win now mode as look at the moves that team's making rn

Provarov
Severson

And I doubt Johnston gonna get 5mill considering if we look at production his comparable rn is Necas before this season. Marchenko will probs get the mid range deal in the 4-5mill range but also I doubt hes a guy who will struggle on the third line lul as he will have Fantilli

But in the end based on the above moves I would not be shocked if CBJ GM targets Willy as mentioned before top 9 of

Gaudreau-Jenner-Nylander
Johnston-Roslavic-Laine

Is solid. And come next season depending on the cap jump they got slightly more than 24mill so they can afford everyone especially once Gudbranson gets bought out
8 juill. 2023 à 23 h 12
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,140
CBJ didnt desperatly need a RD

They had Peeke, Boqvist, Geekie, Bjork, and Gudbranson

They did it to be in win now mode as look at the moves that team's making rn

Provarov
Severson

And I doubt Johnston gonna get 5mill considering if we look at production his comparable rn is Necas before this season. Marchenko will probs get the mid range deal in the 4-5mill range but also I doubt hes a guy who will struggle on the third line lul as he will have Fantilli

But in the end based on the above moves I would not be shocked if CBJ GM targets Willy as mentioned before top 9 of

Gaudreau-Jenner-Nylander
Johnston-Roslavic-Laine

Is solid and they are in win now mode it seems with the 2 Dman moves. And come next season depending on the cap jump they got 24mill so they can afford everyone especially once Gudbranson gets bought out

I think you mean Jiricek, not Geekie
8 juill. 2023 à 23 h 19
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: NorthernLeafsFan05
I think you mean Jiricek, not Geekie

I mixed up Geekie with Bean lul

But yea included him to

In the end I checked CBJ can add Nylander at 9.25-9.5m and still field a very dangerous team come next season
9 juill. 2023 à 0 h 41
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,140
The Dillingham drama amongst Leafs nation / the hockey world right now is so baffling. You can appreciate the kind of player Dillingham is while also feeling bad for Hirvonen. As someone who would occasionally watch the Sting, it's clear what kind of player Dillingham is. He was brought in to show the team that he's got what it takes to make it. The hit was perfectly fine, but obviously the outcome sucks. That's hockey though. Really hope Hirvonen is alright, he is one of my favourite prospects, but that was a clean, textbook hit and the exact kind of element the Leafs prospect pool is missing.

I would be pretty content if Dillingham suited up in a Marlies uniform next season.

If that hit on Hirvonen wasn't the first impression Dillingham had on Leafs nation, he would be sought after by the fandom. That's what the sport is. This is not a black and white issue, two things can be true at once
Saskleaf et BigBallsBriere a aimé ceci.
9 juill. 2023 à 0 h 57
Hakuna Matata
The Dillingham drama amongst Leafs nation / the hockey world right now is so baffling. You can appreciate the kind of player Dillingham is while also feeling bad for Hirvonen. As someone who would occasionally watch the Sting, it's clear what kind of player Dillingham is. He was brought in to show the team that he's got what it takes to make it. The hit was perfectly fine, but obviously the outcome sucks. That's hockey though. Really hope Hirvonen is alright, he is one of my favourite prospects, but that was a clean, textbook hit and the exact kind of element the Leafs prospect pool is missing.

I would be pretty content if Dillingham suited up in a Marlies uniform next season.

If that hit on Hirvonen wasn't the first impression Dillingham had on Leafs nation, he would be sought after by the fandom. That's what the sport is. This is not a black and white issue, two things can be true at once

Big hits happen in hockey but some people dont like it. Now is a scrimmage best for that no but this kids trying to get an AHL or ELC and has played this big power style all his juniors.

Haley didnt fault either guy and the outcome sucks but it seems he was right back up talking to people afterwards even with the outcome

Dont mind this guy being a Marlie at all
9 juill. 2023 à 5 h 32
SHL NJD GM
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,443

It feels like every year, there’s some undrafted random dude who blows up a good prospect and injures him, I’m not sure why teams want hitting in dev camps frankly, this happens every year and teams don’t seem to care about changing it, you want to see their hitting ability, make a hitting clinic, development camp is about developing the players skill and helping them grow.
9 juill. 2023 à 8 h 13
Lifelong Leafs Fan
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 221
It feels like every year, there’s some undrafted random dude who blows up a good prospect and injures him, I’m not sure why teams want hitting in dev camps frankly, this happens every year and teams don’t seem to care about changing it, you want to see their hitting ability, make a hitting clinic, development camp is about developing the players skill and helping them grow.

I see what you mean, but I think separating hitting from the scrimmage is a bad idea because hitting is part of the game and isolating it would make it more difficult to accurately determine how prospects perform in game situations. Adversity is part of the game and necessary on some level too.
9 juill. 2023 à 8 h 34
SHL NJD GM
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,443
Quoting: LeafsForLife
I see what you mean, but I think separating hitting from the scrimmage is a bad idea because hitting is part of the game and isolating it would make it more difficult to accurately determine how prospects perform in game situations. Adversity is part of the game and necessary on some level too.

I’m not even sure Dev camps need scrimmages, this isn’t a training camp, I’d argue the whole point of development camps is to see the player’s base, their speed, hands, shot, how much they lift, press, etc. Frank Corrado and Marc Methot had a conversation about that on Twitter and they both said they’d take out scrimmages from dev camps
9 juill. 2023 à 10 h 27
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 497
I’m not even sure Dev camps need scrimmages, this isn’t a training camp, I’d argue the whole point of development camps is to see the player’s base, their speed, hands, shot, how much they lift, press, etc. Frank Corrado and Marc Methot had a conversation about that on Twitter and they both said they’d take out scrimmages from dev camps

I feel the players could riot if the scrimmages were taken away.

For most that is unquestionably the best part of the on-ice camp.

Drills suck. Days of drills suck even more.

I’d also suggest the observations from a game situation are much different than drills. Many drills have dictated outcomes. Scrimmages show instincts or decision making.
BigBallsBriere a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage