SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Toronto Maple Leafs 2023 2024 Offseason Discussion - Now What?

9 juin 2023 à 23 h 2
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,105
Quoting: Random2152
Its not even like I have some huge belief in Timmins, its just that (Like Sandin) Liljegren is positioned to be wasted on a 3rd pair. Thats just wasted value

Agreed. Funnily enough, I have a saved ACGM team from this morning with the exact same trade you proposed. If Schenn comes back, I don't think Liljegren will be sure fire thing. Moving Lilhegren and signing Graves is what I had in mind
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
9 juin 2023 à 23 h 6
Just Keep Swimming
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,677
Quoting: Nathaniel
Agreed. Funnily enough, I have a saved ACGM team from this morning with the exact same trade you proposed. If Schenn comes back, I don't think Liljegren will be sure fire thing. Moving Lilhegren and signing Graves is what I had in mind

With this UFA Market, I'm not interested in Graves. If you want that type of Dman we'd be better served going after Miller in NY.

Also I just chekced with pick value. Sandin = 28 and assuming Lily is roughly as valuable (I put him as being slightly more at pick 25):

That gives us enough value to trade Lily + 28 for 9th overall with enough change to get 140th overall.

So yeah Lily + 28 for Garland + 11 is a ****ing go
NorthernLeafsFan05 a aimé ceci.
9 juin 2023 à 23 h 12
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
With this UFA Market, I'm not interested in Graves. If you want that type of Dman we'd be better served going after Miller in NY.

Also I just chekced with pick value. Sandin = 28 and assuming Lily is roughly as valuable (I put him as being slightly more at pick 25):

That gives us enough value to trade Lily + 28 for 9th overall with enough change to get 140th overall.

So yeah Lily + 28 for Garland + 11 is a ****ing go

Thats a trade I can definitely see happening. Vancouver's top 4 LD would be set for a while and they shed Garland's contract (which is apparently something they want?) while Toronto gets a useful player AND a great prospect. K'Andre Miller is a guy I was looking at a few weeks ago, but I just can't see the Rangers weakening their LD that much. They can probably bridge Miller for ~4.5 mil. Their only other good LD is Lindgren. I think giving Graves a Brodie contract would be wise, he is an exit machine and is efficient off the rush. Plus he's 6'5, so that's nice too
9 juin 2023 à 23 h 17
Just Keep Swimming
Thats a trade I can definitely see happening. Vancouver's top 4 LD would be set for a while and they shed Garland's contract (which is apparently something they want?) while Toronto gets a useful player AND a great prospect. K'Andre Miller is a guy I was looking at a few weeks ago, but I just can't see the Rangers weakening their LD that much. They can probably bridge Miller for ~4.5 mil. Their only other good LD is Lindgren. I think giving Graves a Brodie contract would be wise, he is an exit machine and is efficient off the rush. Plus he's 6'5, so that's nice too

I agree pulling miller out might be tough too.
Honestly I'm most of the way to being happy with our D - at least in relation to our forward core
9 juin 2023 à 23 h 19
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
I agree pulling miller out might be tough too.
Honestly I'm most of the way to being happy with our D - at least in relation to our forward core

Yeah, compared to our forward group, the defense is not an issue. Desperately need better wingers. Crazy how playing Knies, a winger that can drive play effectively himself, made our lines way better. I'm tired of playing Kerfoots and Jarnkroks. One or two of those guys for the bottom 6 is alright, but when you have 6 support wingers, you're winning nothing
9 juin 2023 à 23 h 22
Just Keep Swimming
Yeah, compared to our forward group, the defense is not an issue. Desperately need better wingers. Crazy how playing Knies, a winger that can drive play effectively himself, made our lines way better. I'm tired of playing Kerfoots and Jarnkroks. One or two of those guys for the bottom 6 is alright, but when you have 6 support wingers, you're winning nothing

Honestly Kerfoot gets a bad rap because he was traded for Naz and shot like 5% this year. I wouldn't mind him being back if the roster space worked out in his favour. As is I think his new name is Calle Yarnkrok
9 juin 2023 à 23 h 27
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Honestly Kerfoot gets a bad rap because he was traded for Naz and shot like 5% this year. I wouldn't mind him being back if the roster space worked out in his favour. As is I think his new name is Calle Yarnkrok

I just dislike how Kerfoot is deployed. In the Leafs system, he played like a decent 4th liner who got top 6 ice time. He contributed nothing of real significance. It just didn't work here, but Dubas and Keefe continually tried to make it work. It's infuriating, but I'm sure he'll succeed elsewhere
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
10 juin 2023 à 0 h 34
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,983
I’m playing catch-up but we are cool with trading Liljegren as long as we bring back Schenn. And are otherwise ok with the Dcore that is in place.

“ The Leafs were second last in goals by defenseman as a team this season, with only Vancouver ranking lower than the Leafs’ 27 goals. Their number two defenseman in ice time, TJ Brodie, played over 23 minutes per night in the playoffs and put nine total shots on net through 11 games. He actively passed up open shots on net and deferred to teammates as much as possible. They were non-existent offensively from the back end save for the often individual brilliance of playoff Morgan Rielly.

Timothy Liljegren has more to give (he actually led all Leafs defensemen in goals during the season).”

Fx4aKdSaAAASYte?format=jpg&name=large

Maple Leafs Hot Stove

“ There is a personnel component to it, but almost certainly a coaching aspect to this as well in terms of an aversion to point shots. Between 2019-20 and 2022-23, the Leafs received 51 points and 241 shots on goal in 184 man games from their defense in the playoffs. This isn’t good in general (1.3 shots per game on average and a .27 points per game), but the numbers are stunning when we remove Rielly – 154 games played, 29 total points, and 166 shots on goal collectively from the 15 other Toronto defensemen who have dressed over the last four playoff runs. The average Leafs defenseman not named Rielly produced one point every 5.4 playoff games over these past four postseasons while barely averaging one shot on goal per game (for context, the average Avalanche defenseman not named Makar managed a point every 2.7 games and 1.6 shots/game).”

Playoffs
Fx5Bz08agAAcfh7?format=jpg&name=large

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b95297aa2be6d23d442183f5e1d80018cc8ad0922583&ep=v1_internal_gifs_gifId&rid=giphy.webp&ct=g
10 juin 2023 à 0 h 46
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: MatthewsFan
I’m playing catch-up but we are cool with trading Liljegren as long as we bring back Schenn. And are otherwise ok with the Dcore that is in place.

ConTim is an ofd. I think the risk is worth it
10 juin 2023 à 0 h 52
Ovchinnikov 137
ConTim is an ofd. I think the risk is worth it

I think we are all in agreement that Mathews is most likely signing a 3 year deal, MAYBE, 5. That’s our window. I’m personally not high on trading Liljegren + for a mystery box draft selection unless he was an absolute stud. Like, could play next year, not 2-3 years down the road.

Give me a Dcore with Liljegren and Timmins 🤷‍♂️

I’m sorry but our Dcore is old and slow, let’s pls keep our young guys.
10 juin 2023 à 0 h 53
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Quoting: MatthewsFan
I think we are all in agreement that Mathews is most likely signing a 3 year deal, MAYBE, 5. That’s our window. I’m personally not high on trading Liljegren + for a mystery box draft selection unless he was an absolute stud. Like, could play next year, not 2-3 years down the road.

Give me a Dcore with Liljegren and Timmins 🤷‍♂️

I’m sorry but our Dcore is old and slow, let’s pls keep our young guys.

I mostly agree, but if moving out Liljegren means bringing in Oliver Moore / Ryan Leonard, I'd strongly consider

Plus, I am a huge believer in Niemela. I think he could make some noise for our RD
10 juin 2023 à 0 h 58
Ovchinnikov 137
I mostly agree, but if moving out Liljegren means bringing in Oliver Moore / Ryan Leonard, I'd strongly consider

Plus, I am a huge believer in Niemela. I think he could make some noise for our RD

All good, I see it differently
10 juin 2023 à 8 h 56
average joe
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 102
Quoting: aadoyle
If hes not settled on 7-8 years then move him

3 years is an absolute no and 5 years is just bending to his will

U can argue 6 years but nothing less

With a M-NTC in the final year - I could live with that.
What choice do you have - as soon as the calendar flips to July Matthews holds all the cards.
10 juin 2023 à 12 h 50
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,107
Quoting: Messier99
With a M-NTC in the final year - I could live with that.
What choice do you have - as soon as the calendar flips to July Matthews holds all the cards.

Um Matthews doesnt have a M-NTC

Its a full NMC

I think with Doan and some other moves its gonna be a 6-8 year deal
10 juin 2023 à 12 h 53
Hakuna Matata

Weird considering hes projected to go 8-12

Maybe we get lucky and he get Lamberted

I know its procedure but hearing his name first pretty funny
NorthernLeafsFan05 a aimé ceci.
10 juin 2023 à 12 h 58
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,299
Ok this is super galaxy brained and unrealistic, but my mind was wandering:

Marner + Lily + Bos 1st (28) for Andersson + Dube + Mangiapane + Cgy 1st (16)

Supposedly it's gonna take assets to dump Garland

Cgy 1st (16) for Conor Garland + Van 1st (11)

Draft whoever you imagine at 11. @Random2152 even Oliver Moore if you like.

Leaves you with a main group of:

xxx - Matthews - Nylander
Knies - Tavares - Garland
Mangiapane - Dube - Jarnkrok

and top 4 of:

Rielly - Brodie
McCabe - Andersson

Depending how everything else shakes out you've still got about 8-12 mil to fill in the rest...

Like I said, pie in the sky, but I kinda like it
10 juin 2023 à 13 h 0
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,299

Weird considering hes projected to go 8-12

Maybe we get lucky and he get Lamberted

I know its procedure but hearing his name first pretty funny

Not the biggest fan. If he falls to 28, sure maybe, but I'll be disappointed if they move up and its to select Barlow.
10 juin 2023 à 13 h 28
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
Not the biggest fan. If he falls to 28, sure maybe, but I'll be disappointed if they move up and its to select Barlow.

Yep, if they moving up to the 8-12 range just draft Axel Sandin Pellikka lul
10 juin 2023 à 13 h 47
Hakuna Matata

Honestly makes me think its Nylander and it kind of makes the most sense

May be tricky but I feel you could get a very similar package to what Horvat got if u play your cards right

Nylander has 6.9mill cap hit and is gonna make 2.5mill in actual dollars once the bonus is paid. There will be teams calling

Could see Carolina, Seattle, Calgary, St. Louis, Columbus all call about him

As in the end a 1st + good prospect + Useful player aint a bad thing

Now the one team I could see offer something crazy for Marner is Seattle but idk I just dont see a way Toronto wins a Marner trade.
10 juin 2023 à 14 h 52
average joe
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 102
Um Matthews doesnt have a M-NTC

Its a full NMC

I think with Doan and some other moves its gonna be a 6-8 year deal

I meant the upcoming contract having a M-NMC.
Whatever term he wants he will get so that's at least 1 concession I would try for.
10 juin 2023 à 15 h 4
Just Keep Swimming
Whatever term he wants he will get so that's at least 1 concession I would try for.

And I want to live on the moon
10 juin 2023 à 16 h 25
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 10 juin 2023 à 21 h 36

If he asks for 1-3 years I doubt Leafs go sure. Unless we plan to pay him less than his current deal that is.

The minimum hes gonna sign is another 5 years but I got a strong feeling they gonna push hard for 8 years.

He can have his NMC Idk but no 1-4 year deal

As if you continue bending to his will and signing all these short deals your setting yourself up for disaster.

We gave him his 5 year and if he wants another idk I would say yeah but how about 8

Like JT, Crosby, Toews, MacKinnon, Barkov, Point, etc you stand firm on a long term deal no more bridges or short deals.
10 juin 2023 à 19 h 5
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason

Barlow would be unreal, I'd be stoked if we traded up and managed to get him at 11
10 juin 2023 à 21 h 2
Just Keep Swimming
Barlow would be unreal, I'd be stoked if we traded up and managed to get him at 11

Nah, Barlow is 1 dimensional and easy to get Under his skin and play him in a way that totally negates his value.

I watched the Knights do it live
LeafsFanForSomeReason a aimé ceci.
10 juin 2023 à 23 h 36
Hakuna Matata

Wouldnt mind a 4th line of Hathaway-Acciari-Lafferty

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option