SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Toronto Maple Leafs 2023 2024 Offseason Discussion - Now What?

12 juin 2023 à 12 h 51
hey look a squirrel
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,788
Quoting: MatthewsFan
I’m question to that is, what is Hart going to cost next year when you also have Matthews, Nylander, Liljegren needed deals too? Is Hart that much better than Samsonov 🤷‍♂️ you’d be willing to pay an extra 1 maybe 2 million (6-7) on his next deal. At this point if TOR is not planning on going with Samsonov trade him and go after Saros. You’ve at least got him locked up for the next two years at a manageable cap hit (5AAV) and you can say with some certainty he is a top 5 goalie in the NHL.

Otherwise go with the devil you know 🤷‍♂️

Saros
You just said the magic name for @onex

awesome face
MatthewsFan et oneX a aimé ceci.
12 juin 2023 à 12 h 52
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,985
Quoting: Nathaniel

Something like Robertson ++ for Hart and Allison wouldn't be half bad

Those pluses would have to be high. Now a deal straight up Robertson for Allison (who has also battled injuries) and can’t stay healthy might make sense. Plus PHI has a glut of RW but fukc I would hate to give up on Nicky Bobby before we get to see what he really is

NorthernLeafsFan05 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
12 juin 2023 à 13 h 5
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,182

Just fire the guy and bring in Mitch Love. It's that easy
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
12 juin 2023 à 13 h 18
Just Keep Swimming
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,714

Just fire the guy and bring in Mitch Love. It's that easy

Is MLSE okay with paying another coach to not coach?
Remember we have no CEO and Rogers is directly meddling as a result. Remember the Masai fiasco?

We need assistants. If you want a guy like Love, bring him in as an assistant and make your decsion when contracts are up
NorthernLeafsFan05 et aadoyle a aimé ceci.
12 juin 2023 à 13 h 21
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Quoting: Random2152
Remember we have no CEO and Rogers is directly meddling as a result. Remember the Masai fiasco?

We need assistants. If you want a guy like Love, bring him in as an assistant and make your decsion when contracts are up

That works too
12 juin 2023 à 13 h 34
Ovchinnikov 137
If Treliving’s first moves are a Keefe extension and trading pick 28 + Robertson for Laughton I’m going to punch a wall
12 juin 2023 à 13 h 45
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,680
I’m question to that is, what is Hart going to cost next year when you also have Matthews, Nylander, Liljegren needed deals too? Is Hart that much better than Samsonov 🤷‍♂️ you’d be willing to pay an extra 1 maybe 2 million (6-7) on his next deal. At this point if TOR is not planning on going with Samsonov trade him and go after Saros. You’ve at least got him locked up for the next two years at a manageable cap hit (5AAV) and you can say with some certainty he is a top 5 goalie in the NHL.

Otherwise go with the devil you know 🤷‍♂️

I've been a fan of Saros since he first entered the league and would absolutely love it if the Leafs got him. I just don't know what a deal for him would look like.
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
12 juin 2023 à 13 h 46
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: oneX
I've been a fan of Saros since he first entered the league and would absolutely love it if the Leafs got him. I just don't know what a deal for him would look like.

A lot lol
oneX a aimé ceci.
12 juin 2023 à 13 h 48
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,243
Modifié 12 juin 2023 à 13 h 56

Exactly as rn the issue is lets say u fire Keefe and bring in Love but oh wait Love's struggles at the NHL level and the Leafs have an awful record under him u gonna fire him and have 2 coaches under contract who u got to pay. Love needs to get some experience first and not be thrown into the fire immediately as not everyone can adapt fast enough. Do what we did with Carbery bring him in as an assistant and eventually with us or another team Love will be a HC.

Really wish a someone like Sullivan or Bednar was available would really make the decision easier lul.

Keefe was gambled upon cause Dubas knew him since the SOO days and while he has lead Toronto to multiple 100+ point seasons playoffs seem to be the issue but maybe with Dubas gone we see him take his coaching to the next level as hes got no more protection now.

Would not be surprised though if we see Love hired as the PP coach and let him cook for a year or two like Carbery
12 juin 2023 à 13 h 59
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 12 juin 2023 à 14 h 10
Why is everyone talking about goalie trades....

We have 0 need for a goalie

Samsonov is 26 and Woll's 24

Sammy looked good this season and was not playing 100% in the playoffs

Then u had Woll who looked really good in the playoffs for a first timer

Spending assets on a lateral move just aint worth as I got a feeling Woll's gonna be the guy as hes shown massive growth these past 2 years

Cause rn Toronto needs one thing for playoffs. Scoring help

Cap should be spent on forwards who can help with that via trade or FA
12 juin 2023 à 14 h 5
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 12 juin 2023 à 22 h 1
If Treliving’s first moves are a Keefe extension and trading pick 28 + Robertson for Laughton I’m going to punch a wall

Apparently a late 1st + was rejected by Philly from other teams. They want a higher 1st so were good

Got a feeling they want to try and get a top 20 pick for him lul

If it was a 2nd + mid B prospect sure but 1st + and prospect no no no

3mill is not at the cap hit u pay that unless the guy is playing like a 6mill player

Now if Noah Cates was also included now we talking

But then again all of this was in the Dubas era. Knowing Tree the guy he would want is Konecney
12 juin 2023 à 14 h 57
hey look a squirrel
Quoting: aadoyle
Why is everyone talking about goalie trades....

We have 0 need for a goalie

Samsonov is 26 and Woll's 24

Sammy looked good this season and was not playing 100% in the playoffs

Then u had Woll who looked really good in the playoffs for a first timer

Spending assets on a lateral move just aint worth as I got a feeling Woll's gonna be the guy as hes shown massive growth these past 2 years

Cause rn Toronto needs one thing for playoffs. Scoring help

Cap should be spent on forwards who can help with that via trade or FA

How are you okay with 5 million cap on Samsonov??
NorthernLeafsFan05 et oneX a aimé ceci.
12 juin 2023 à 15 h 23
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 12 juin 2023 à 19 h 19
Quoting: Trickster
How are you okay with 5 million cap on Samsonov??

If we look at Samsonov's situation his prime comparable rn is Villie Husso 4.75mill x 3 years.

He has little grounds to ask for 5mill as if we look at the comparable all had better numbers for multiple years before they signed those big deals. Unless of course hes going very long term

This was his first good year similar to Husso when he signed that deal.

4.5mill x 3 years will probs be what he signs for

In general im more comfortable giving Samsonov 3.8-4.5mill then spending a bunch on Hart or Saros and having it backfire

As what if we spend 2 1sts + on Saros or Hart and either is giving us a 0.898sv then what

Goalies are unpredictable and spending a bunch on one can either help a team or backfire hard

Better to spend assets on forwards as what do we need in playoffs scoring help. (Garland, Konecney, Mangiapane, etc.)

Sammy did his job and got us to the second round something Freddie and Campbell couldnt do but in round 2 we got little scoring.

And for more proof of goalie unpredictability look at the playoffs

Adin Hill who was VGK #3 at times and Bobrosky who sucked for the majority of the reg season are in the finals nuff said.
12 juin 2023 à 17 h 49
Ovchinnikov 137
Overdrive

Listen to Lebrun talk and trying to picture Topi Niemelä on a Leafs playoff roster is incredible difficult. I like him but he shouldn’t be untouchable if someone asks (for the right return)
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
12 juin 2023 à 18 h 14
hey look a squirrel
Quoting: aadoyle
If we look at Samsonov's situation his prime comparable rn is Villie Husso 4.75mill x 3 years.

He has little grounds to ask for 5mill as if we look at the comparable all had better numbers for multiple years before they signed those big deals. Unless of course hes going very long term

This was his first good year similar to Husso when he signed that deal.

4.5mill x 3 years will probs be what he signs for

Heck u could argue something like Georgiev as that man had his struggles to

In general im more comfortable giving Samsonov 3.8-4.5mill then spending a bunch on Hart or Saros and having it backfire

As what if we spend 2 1sts + on Saros or Hart and either is giving us a 0.898sv then what

Goalies are unpredictable and spending a bunch on one can either help a team or backfire hard

Better to spend assets on forwards as what do we need in playoffs scoring help. (Garland, Konecney, Mangiapane, etc.)

Sammy did his job and got us to the second round something Freddie and Campbell couldnt do but in round 2 we got little scoring.

And for more proof of goalie unpredictability look at the playoffs

Adin Hill who was VGK #3 at times and Bobrosky who sucked for the majority of the reg season are in the finals nuff said.

Samsonov screams tandem goalie to me and for that reason I like using Vanecek as comparable and I love the Georgiev comparable too.

3.4 million is perfect.
NorthernLeafsFan05 et oneX a aimé ceci.
12 juin 2023 à 19 h 14
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 12 juin 2023 à 19 h 51
Quoting: Trickster
Samsonov screams tandem goalie to me and for that reason I like using Vanecek as comparable and I love the Georgiev comparable too.

3.4 million is perfect.

mmm no if we look at Husso when he had his good season he signed 4.75mill x 3 years he had a 0.919sv and a 2.56gaa in 40 games. Samsonov with the Leafs had a 2.33gaa and a 0.919sv in 42 games

For your comparisons Vanacek had a 0.908 SV and a 2.67gaa in 42 games and Georgiev had a 0.898sv and a 2.92gaa in 33 games. Sammy's numbers were much better and in a tougher market.

U offer him 3.4mill its on a 1 year deal.

He already took his discount by signing with us on that 1.8mill x 1 year deal when other teams were offering way more. Guys getting paid this summer and based on Husso 4.5mill x 3 years is more than fair.

And being a tandem isnt an issue. Look at Boston the tandem system is how you ensure less injuries while having 2 goalies ready for playoffs if need be. Heck look at Vegas they literally are gonna win a cup with Brossoit/Hill tandem
12 juin 2023 à 19 h 19
Hakuna Matata
Overdrive

Listen to Lebrun talk and trying to picture Topi Niemelä on a Leafs playoff roster is incredible difficult. I like him but he shouldn’t be untouchable if someone asks (for the right return)

If Philly called and said a 1st + Niemela for Konecney will buy the plane ticket
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
13 juin 2023 à 11 h 56
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever

Hire Mitch Love for Marlies HC for the season, promote him to Leafs HC next season when Keefe's contract expires (seeing as though Keefe is almost for sure coming back)
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
13 juin 2023 à 12 h 53
Ovchinnikov 137

Hire Mitch Love for Marlies HC for the season, promote him to Leafs HC next season when Keefe's contract expires (seeing as though Keefe is almost for sure coming back)

Kinda hoping they give the Marlies job to Eric Wellwood.

And IF Keefe is the coach next year no chance he is not given an extension. No way they will go into next season with a lame duck coach. Probably 2-3 years
NorthernLeafsFan05 a aimé ceci.
13 juin 2023 à 14 h 7
Saskoiler for now
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,254
I don’t know about you guys but if Nylander or Marner is traded Carolina makes a lot of sense with all the cap space they have. I made a ACGM about Nylander to Carolina here
13 juin 2023 à 16 h 12
Just Keep Swimming
Kinda hoping they give the Marlies job to Eric Wellwood.

And IF Keefe is the coach next year no chance he is not given an extension. No way they will go into next season with a lame duck coach. Probably 2-3 years

They just went into the year with a lame duck GM.
Ofc theyll go into a season with a coach.
Lame duck coach is a silly idea anyway. It doesn't affect anything lmao. It's just a marketing term by coaches to secure the bag
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
13 juin 2023 à 16 h 18
Ovchinnikov 137
Lame duck coach is a silly idea anyway. It doesn't affect anything lmao. It's just a marketing term by coaches to secure the bag

And how did that work out. I look forward to when we are commenting on Keefe’s extension or that he has been fired.
13 juin 2023 à 16 h 26
Hakuna Matata

To me u give Keefe a 1 year extension and wait and see

As rn options suck out there for HC replacements especially with Laviolette gona. Would hire Love as the PP coach though or give a top AHL coach a shot as NHL assistant like Carbery and see what he can do

Cause who knows maybe someone good will pop up in 2024-2025
13 juin 2023 à 16 h 51
Just Keep Swimming
And how did that work out. I look forward to when we are commenting on Keefe’s extension or that he has been fired.

I thought we wanted him fired?
And lame Duck GMs are different from coaches.
A lame duck coach is a marketing term. A lame duck GM however can have real consequences
13 juin 2023 à 17 h 6
Ovchinnikov 137
I thought we wanted him fired?
And lame Duck GMs are different from coaches.
A lame duck coach is a marketing term. A lame duck GM however can have real consequences

Call it whatever you want, Sheldon Keefe will either have an extension in place before the start of next season or he will not be coaching the Leafs.

There is no other option

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage