SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Toronto Maple Leafs 2023 2024 Offseason Discussion - Now What?

31 mai 2023 à 13 h 41
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,985
FxdGgTwaQAU7OVO?format=jpg&name=large

FxdGgT0aQAIxj2W?format=jpg&name=large

The Flames are the most cap-tied team going into the 2023–24 season, with $82.25 million already tied up for next season. That leaves them with just $386,667 to fill the spots left by Lucic, Lewis, Ritchie, Stone, and other depth players.

Flames have 11 players with movement-limiting clauses in their contract (no-trade, modified no-trade, and no-movement). Flames have tied up nearly 20% of the cap for the next eight years in these two players.

Buying out contracts or moving prospects and picks to shed salary is a real possibility for new GM Conroy.

Treliving’s legacy and our new GM 🤦‍♂️
Trickster a aimé ceci.
31 mai 2023 à 13 h 42
Saskoiler for now
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,255
Quoting: Trickster
We should have tried to steal Nill.

Sure that would have been nice but who’s to say he even wanted to come here?
31 mai 2023 à 13 h 44
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: Saskleaf
Sure that would have been nice but who’s to say he even wanted to come here?

You can’t even tell me there was an interview process, this was Treliving’s job the moment they released Dubas
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
31 mai 2023 à 13 h 47
Saskoiler for now
Quoting: MatthewsFan
You can’t even tell me there was an interview process, this was Treliving’s job the moment they released Dubas

Not gonna disagree with that lol, but I’m still not sure why people are so down on this.
31 mai 2023 à 13 h 49
Ovchinnikov 137
Not gonna disagree with that lol, but I’m still not sure why people are so down on this.

If fans can look at his resume with optimism and confidence, all the power to you. I don’t fukcin get it tho
Trickster a aimé ceci.
31 mai 2023 à 13 h 55
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,189

The Flames are the most cap-tied team going into the 2023–24 season, with $82.25 million already tied up for next season. That leaves them with just $386,667 to fill the spots left by Lucic, Lewis, Ritchie, Stone, and other depth players.

Flames have 11 players with movement-limiting clauses in their contract (no-trade, modified no-trade, and no-movement). Flames have tied up nearly 20% of the cap for the next eight years in these two players.

Buying out contracts or moving prospects and picks to shed salary is a real possibility for new GM Conroy.

The Flames situation isn't that bad. Trade Vladar, call up Wolf and Dueher. The Flames are a good team, they just needed a head coach that could rally the team
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
31 mai 2023 à 14 h 2
Saskoiler for now
If fans can look at his resume with optimism and confidence, all the power to you. I don’t fukcin get it tho

Agree to disagree but I just don’t get why Dubas is so good but Treliving isn’t because I think they are very similar in terms of how good they are. But like I said, agree to disagree. We’ll see what happens in the coming weeks.
31 mai 2023 à 14 h 2
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: Nathaniel
The Flames situation isn't that bad. Trade Vladar, call up Wolf and Dueher. The Flames are a good team, they just needed a head coach that could rally the team

And if they so called new coach isn’t able to rally the team and maybe just maybe Huberdeau, Kadri, Markstrom, Coleman are on the wrong side of 30, you could still tell yourself that?

Agree to disagree, all good
Trickster a aimé ceci.
31 mai 2023 à 14 h 3
Ovchinnikov 137
Agree to disagree but I just don’t get why Dubas is so good but Treliving isn’t because I think they are very similar in terms of how good they are. But like I said, agree to disagree. We’ll see what happens in the coming weeks.

I’ll bite, how are they similar?
31 mai 2023 à 14 h 3
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
And if they so called new coach isn’t able to rally the team and maybe just maybe Huberdeau, Kadri, Markstrom, Coleman are on the wrong side of 30, you could still tell yourself that?

Agree to disagree, all good

image0.jpg

Don't love how old the core is, but for the mean time, this isn't a half bad team
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
31 mai 2023 à 14 h 5
Saskoiler for now
I’ll bite, how are they similar?

Playoff success for one lol (technically Tre has a slight edge there).

But to me they just seem like they have a similar ratio of good moves to bad moves. Like I’ve said I think Dubas is probably slightly better but not by much.
31 mai 2023 à 14 h 6
Birddog
Rejoint: mai 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 241
Quoting: Random2152
I suppose there wouldn't be any precedent if you never bothered to actually look for it. Look at cap hit %'s. Hell guys used to get 17% of the cap.
And Florida has 4 guys making 45% this year - so I swear to god this "They paid their stars too much" narrative has to die. Anyone who thinks this is outright r3tarded

Nylander got more than Pasternak and Ehlers.

Matthews more than Eichel with a term that led him straight to UFA.

Marner forced him to trade a first round pick and he still caved.

So glad Dubas is gone. Trading firsts like candy, handing out inflated contracts, 5 years of not winning in the playoffs — handed a core that he did not add 1 significant piece to in 5 years. Those contract were bad — relative to what the rest of the league was handing out at the time — and Dubas was bad.
31 mai 2023 à 14 h 7
Ovchinnikov 137
image0.jpg

Don't love how old the core is, but for the mean time, this isn't a half bad team

All good, I could not disagree more.

I should probably take a break from here. I’m going to be way to negative for this thread
31 mai 2023 à 14 h 7
Birddog

I don’t think you need to fill holes left by Lucic and Ritchie. They really aren’t holes. smile
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
31 mai 2023 à 14 h 8
Ovchinnikov 137
Playoff success for one lol (technically Tre has a slight edge there).

But to me they just seem like they have a similar ratio of good moves to bad moves. Like I’ve said I think Dubas is probably slightly better but not by much.

I’ll just leave it at this, he missed the playoffs 4 times in 8 years and never made it by the 2nd round either
Saskleaf et Trickster a aimé ceci.
31 mai 2023 à 14 h 13
Saskoiler for now
I’ll just leave it at this, he missed the playoffs 4 times in 8 years and never made it by the 2nd round either

Yes I was mostly kidding about the playoff success part (hence the lol). But I’m fine to agree to disagree. It’s hard to know what to expect. But personally I’m optimistic.
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
31 mai 2023 à 14 h 16
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,682

FML

This really sucks. I can't believe another season of Keefe is real.
Saskleaf, Trickster et MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
31 mai 2023 à 14 h 23
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: oneX

Keefe outlasting Dubas and potentially one of the core 4 being moved is something I didn’t think possible.

And at this point you have to give him some sort of extension, you can’t have another lame duck coach like we just did with Dubas. It’s so f’d

And it would be a terrible look to hire his potential replacement as the assistant coach too. So either fire him or resign him
Saskleaf et Trickster a aimé ceci.
31 mai 2023 à 14 h 52
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
All good, I could not disagree more.

I should probably take a break from here. I’m going to be way to negative for this thread

We need the pessimism, keeps us in check 😂
Saskleaf et MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
31 mai 2023 à 14 h 59
Ovchinnikov 137
We need the pessimism, keeps us in check 😂

I don’t want me negativity to be a
DebbieDowner.webp
NorthernLeafsFan05 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
31 mai 2023 à 15 h 21
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,256
Modifié 31 mai 2023 à 15 h 27
Quoting: oneX

The thing rn is nobody out there is better or moves the needle much

Look at the options rn

Gallant, Hynes, Boudreau, Laviolette, Greene, Sutter, Eakins, Julien, and a bunch of guys who have 0 HC NHL experience. The only good qualified guy did a stupid and now barred from the NHL till Bettman gives his approval

Unless someone like Cooper, Brind’Amour or Sullivan all of a sudden becomes available there really isnt an option
oneX a aimé ceci.
31 mai 2023 à 15 h 25
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,256
image0.jpg

I got a feeling with Kylington coming back CGY may try to either move on from Zadorov (similar trade to Kulikov) or they will trade Hanafin. This frees up extra space

Or as I suggested if Hanafin and Lindholm dont agree to extensions u perform a blockbuster with the 2 of them. And there are 2 teams who I could see doing it (Toronto and Carolina)
31 mai 2023 à 16 h 44
Just Keep Swimming
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,726
Quoting: Newtown
Nylander got more than Pasternak and Ehlers.

Matthews more than Eichel with a term that led him straight to UFA.

Marner forced him to trade a first round pick and he still caved.

So glad Dubas is gone. Trading firsts like candy, handing out inflated contracts, 5 years of not winning in the playoffs — handed a core that he did not add 1 significant piece to in 5 years. Those contract were bad — relative to what the rest of the league was handing out at the time — and Dubas was bad.

Wow, guys who weren't performing at the same level as our guys were before their contract, for as long as our guys were got cheaper deals?

Obviously this is the GMs fault
31 mai 2023 à 17 h 28
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,682
Quoting: aadoyle
The thing rn is nobody out there is better or moves the needle much

Look at the options rn

Gallant, Hynes, Boudreau, Laviolette, Greene, Sutter, Eakins, Julien, and a bunch of guys who have 0 HC NHL experience. The only good qualified guy did a stupid and now barred from the NHL till Bettman gives his approval

Unless someone like Cooper, Brind’Amour or Sullivan all of a sudden becomes available there really isnt an option

See, this is why it is more maddening because last year Cassidy was available and I would have wanted him to be the coach 💯.

I think some of you would want him as well so it's doubley frustrating what's going on.
Trickster et MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
31 mai 2023 à 17 h 53
Birddog
Quoting: Random2152
Wow, guys who weren't performing at the same level as our guys were before their contract, for as long as our guys were got cheaper deals?

Obviously this is the GMs fault

You should probably check your facts. Pasternak had 70 points in 75 games the year before he signed. Ehlers had 60 points in 82 games the year before he signed. Nylander had 61 points in 82 games the year before he signed. All 3 were drafted in 2014 in the first round. Nylander had the highest cap hit.

Wow, it was the GM’s fault.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage