SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Toronto Maple Leafs 2023 2024 Offseason Discussion - Now What?

31 mai 2023 à 17 h 54
Just Keep Swimming
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,679
Quoting: Newtown
You should probably check your facts. Pasternak had 70 points in 75 games the year before he signed. Ehlers had 60 points in 82 games the year before he signed. Nylander had 61 points in 82 games the year before he signed. All 3 were drafted in 2014 in the first round. Nylander had the highest cap hit.

Wow, it was the GM’s fault.

I already addressed this point if you had actually read my comment.

Tell me, what was Pasternaks stat line the year before that? And the one before that?

Now compare to Nylander. We were better, longer. That's brings a higher contract
31 mai 2023 à 19 h 12
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,121
https://twitter.com/LeafsLunch1050/status/1663994933303205888?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

This is Shanahan's guy. When he rebuilt the management group ground up he hired him and hes been through Nonis, Lou, and Dubas. Shanny trusts him and I think he and Tree will be amazing together. And Dregs basically confirmed what I suspected. Pridham likes it here and despite the new GM should have little to worry about.

Like if Tree wants Pridham gone lets be real were looking at the shortest GM tenure in NHL history
31 mai 2023 à 19 h 38
Saskoiler for now
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,243
Quoting: aadoyle
https://twitter.com/LeafsLunch1050/status/1663994933303205888?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

This is Shanahan's guy. When he rebuilt the management group ground up he hired him and hes been through Nonis, Lou, and Dubas. Shanny trusts him and I think he and Tree will be amazing together. And Dregs basically confirmed what I suspected. Pridham likes it here and despite the new GM should have little to worry about.

Like if Tree wants Pridham gone lets be real were looking at the shortest GM tenure in NHL history

The leafs are not pivoting on Tre if he gets rid of Pridham lol. That said I think Pridham will stay but whether he stays or goes will not affect Trelivings job security, that’s just delusional. He just got hired.
31 mai 2023 à 19 h 44
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,113

Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
31 mai 2023 à 19 h 53
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 31 mai 2023 à 20 h 17
Quoting: Saskleaf
The leafs are not pivoting on Tre if he gets rid of Pridham lol. That said I think Pridham will stay but whether he stays or goes will not affect Trelivings job security, that’s just delusional. He just got hired.

Oh trust me they will consider it

Based on every report u hear on the guy MLSE and Shanny love Pridham. And people will go then why wasnt he made GM. He seems to love his current role and had little interest in the GM spot. But when he does we may see another Lou vs. Dubas situation

I got a feeling Shanny would just promote Pridham like he did Lou and allow Tree to get his own guy in their somewhere. But I dont see them having issues with one another
31 mai 2023 à 20 h 6
Saskoiler for now
Oh trust me they will

Based on every report u hear on the guy MLSE and Shanny love Pridham. And people will go then why wasnt he made GM. He seems to love his current role and had little interest in the GM spot. But when he does we may see another Lou vs. Dubas situation

I got a feeling Shanny would just promote Pridham like he did Lou and allow Tree to get his own guy in their somewhere. But I dont see them having issues with one another

I’m sure they like him, but I’m just as sure they aren’t getting rid of a guy they just hired just to keep him around as assistant GM. Or else they would have just hired him instead lol, if they liked him that much.

But like I said he probably stays as assistant GM.
1 juin 2023 à 1 h 0
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever

I want to leave this video here because I find Treliving's honesty to be a breath of fresh air, but it also illustrates just how much the narrative of the Tkachuk deal has changed. A lot of Leafs fans point to that as being a weakness of Treliving, but in all honesty, it's more of a strength. Tre was handcuffed by the players and backed into a corner, but he came out of it with quite a bit of success. I fully trust this man to extend Matthews, he is a true class act.

I can get some of the flack he takes for Gaudreau (and that issue is a little more pressing to the Leafs), but again, Gaudreau handcuffed Treliving. If you think Brad woke up one morning and thought "You know what, I want to let Johnny walk and I also want to trade Tkachuk", then you're delusional. The revisionist history surrounding the whole Tkachuk deal is baffling. That being said, I don't want to put myself onto some morale highground because I too was kind of hesitant when I heard Treliving's name get brought up and I did point to the Tkachuk / Gaudreau situations, but after taking a bit to look at his tenure and look at the decisions he made with the proper context, I started to like him quite abit. Most of my earlier resentment about the situation had less to do with Treliving and more to do with the fact that we canned Dubas and didn't look to poach a successful teams brainpower. I think most of us forget that there is more that goes into being a GM than how previous teams performed.

Obviously I would've liked to stick with the familiar guy going into our most crucial offseason in about a decade, but we have decided to take the gamble. I believe in Treliving and I'm excited to see what lies ahead. The summer of Brad is upon us
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
1 juin 2023 à 1 h 5
Hakuna Matata
Been talking to a lot of people on the site and surprisingly non leaf fans are saying they would be shocked If Willy doesn't get a Horvat like Pkg and this got me thinking k what team could do this and there's one big one

Carolina they got a lot of assets Leafs could be eyeing
1 juin 2023 à 1 h 8
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Nathaniel

I want to leave this video here because I find Treliving's honesty to be a breath of fresh air, but it also illustrates just how much the narrative of the Tkachuk deal has changed. A lot of Leafs fans point to that as being a weakness of Treliving, but in all honesty, it's more of a strength. Tre was handcuffed by the players and backed into a corner, but he came out of it with quite a bit of success. I fully trust this man to extend Matthews, he is a true class act.

I can get some of the flack he takes for Gaudreau (and that issue is a little more pressing to the Leafs), but again, Gaudreau handcuffed Treliving. If you think Brad woke up one morning and thought "You know what, I want to let Johnny walk and I also want to trade Tkachuk", then you're delusional. The revisionist history surrounding the whole Tkachuk deal is baffling. That being said, I don't want to put myself onto some morale highground because I too was kind of hesitant when I heard Treliving's name get brought up and I did point to the Tkachuk / Gaudreau situations, but after taking a bit to look at his tenure and look at the decisions he made with the proper context, I started to like him quite abit. Most of my earlier resentment about the situation had less to do with Treliving and more to do with the fact that we canned Dubas and didn't look to poach a successful teams brainpower. I think most of us forget that there is more that goes into being a GM than how previous teams performed.

Obviously I would've liked to stick with the familiar guy going into our most crucial offseason in about a decade, but we have decided to take the gamble. I believe in Treliving and I'm excited to see what lies ahead. The summer of Brad is upon us

In general the saying goes u learn from your mistakes. He messed up with Gaudreau in CGY I don't see him doing it with Matthew's. He's gonna walk in and get him on a 5-8year extensionashe knows he can't let the same **** happen again

Willy's a tossup rn. He might stay or get flipped. Based on how people value him he could get something similar to Horvat maybe more who knows as he's on a good deal and does not look to be slowing down
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
1 juin 2023 à 11 h 0
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever

Congrats to Kyle, he is extremely deserving of this role. Very excited to see what he has up his sleeve, wouldn't mind seeing Crosby hoist the cup again either.

Also congrats to pens fans who get a fantastic POHO after having to endure Hextall
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
1 juin 2023 à 11 h 1
Saskoiler for now

Good luck in Pittsburg Kyle!
1 juin 2023 à 11 h 1
Saskoiler for now

Congrats to Kyle, he is extremely deserving of this role. Very excited to see what he has up his sleeve, wouldn't mind seeing Crosby hoist the cup again either.

Also congrats to pens fans who get a fantastic POHO after having to endure Hextall

Beat me to it lol
1 juin 2023 à 11 h 9
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever

Passion levels 📈📈📈
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
1 juin 2023 à 11 h 9
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: Saskleaf
Beat me to it lol

So this is pretty much confirming that what actually happened was a power struggle right?
Pres is the new GM in the league
1 juin 2023 à 11 h 12
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Quoting: Random2152
So this is pretty much confirming that what actually happened was a power struggle right?
Pres is the new GM in the league

Or it confirms that Kyle wanted to be President? He was offered a bigger opportunity, of course he took it. MLSE made Shanny their guy for better or for worse. I doubt the reason for Kyle leaving was "But I want to be president! I quit!"
1 juin 2023 à 11 h 13
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,983
I hope Kyle brings Pridham as GM
1 juin 2023 à 11 h 14
Just Keep Swimming
Or it confirms that Kyle wanted to be President? He was offered a bigger opportunity, of course he took it. MLSE made Shanny their guy for better or for worse. I doubt the reason for Kyle leaving was "But I want to be president! I quit!"

That isn't what a power struggle means lol
LeafsFanForSomeReason a aimé ceci.
1 juin 2023 à 11 h 26
Saskoiler for now
Quoting: MatthewsFan
I hope Kyle brings Pridham as GM

It’d be nice to keep him around and based on Brads comments him and Pridham have a good relationships. But that would be interesting
1 juin 2023 à 11 h 53
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever

Dont want to jump to conclusions, but Brad said a lot of the right things here. Inspires a lot of confidence
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
1 juin 2023 à 12 h 11
Hakuna Matata

Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
1 juin 2023 à 12 h 43
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
No mention of any appreciation of his time with the Leafs so far in Dubas' presser. Obviously it's not a requirement, but it is a little disheartening that no mention has been made. Also a slight allusion to Dubas talking to Pittsburgh immediately after getting canned despite his comment about it being Toronto or nothing.

Feels like a bit of a gut punch, but I don't necessarily blame him.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
1 juin 2023 à 12 h 53
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 1 juin 2023 à 15 h 13
No mention of any appreciation of his time with the Leafs so far in Dubas' presser. Obviously it's not a requirement, but it is a little disheartening that no mention has been made. Also a slight allusion to Dubas talking to Pittsburgh immediately after getting canned despite his comment about it being Toronto or nothing.

Feels like a bit of a gut punch, but I don't necessarily blame him.

Well to be fair he did say GM of another team

Never said anything about President

And honestly for people who gonna go if he wanted President why didnt he go to MLSE with a proposal that would have had a chain promotion

Shanny President
Dubas Vice President
Pridham GM

ETC, ETC, ETC.

No he went more money and autonomy as GM. Just ask for the vice President role and then promote Pridham. Either way to late for that now have fun and dont push the old boyz to hard

Anyways expecting Tulsky to be Pitt GM as its Dubas 1 meets Dubas 2
1 juin 2023 à 13 h 14
Ovchinnikov 137

I ****in hate this so much
1 juin 2023 à 16 h 46
Hakuna Matata

Going back on it man there is a subtle indirect message of hey u want one of these guys pay up

Lets see who takes the bait
1 juin 2023 à 17 h 29
Ovchinnikov 137

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage