SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Toronto Maple Leafs 2023 2024 Offseason Discussion - Now What?

31 mai 2023 à 0 h 19
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,983
Quoting: Nathaniel
image.png

Weirdly similar deals fwiw

I forget, did Kyle sign these deals:
Marleau
Zaitsev

I’ll stop, I can this is Treliving safe space now
31 mai 2023 à 0 h 24
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,146
Quoting: MatthewsFan
I forget, did Kyle sign these deals:
Marleau
Zaitsev

I’ll stop, I can this is Treliving safe space now

Not trying to justify the Monahan deal (because it was horrible), I just didn't realise the 2 were so similar haha. Also, the Monahan deal wasn't so bad before he got derailed from injuries

I just dont want to dunk on Brad too hard because hockey is a team sport from top to bottom. His mistakes dont fall solely on his shoulders. Obviously Im hoping for the best, but I am bummed we didnt go the Tulsky route. I do find some solace in the fact we still have Pridham kicking about
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
31 mai 2023 à 0 h 32
Ovchinnikov 137
Not trying to justify the Monahan deal (because it was horrible), I just didn't realise the 2 were so similar haha. Also, the Monahan deal wasn't so bad before he got derailed from injuries

I just dont want to dunk on Brad too hard because hockey is a team sport from top to bottom. His mistakes dont fall solely on his shoulders. Obviously Im hoping for the best, but I am bummed we didnt go the Tulsky route. I do find some solace in the fact we still have Pridham kicking about

He never had a chance, this was Brad’s job from day 1.

"The Treliving, Tannenbaum friendship is very mighty"
Go to 135:32

The pull is strong here

We didn’t pick the best candidate is where my anger is coming from
NorthernLeafsFan05 a aimé ceci.
31 mai 2023 à 0 h 55
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,187

Tree and Pridham will combine 2 aspects that should work really well together

I really like the setup. Tree will walk into a solid management group and will be like man CGY didn't have guys like these

As basically all he's got to do is extensions,some signings, consider trades, and figure out if he wants to keep Keefe or not
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
31 mai 2023 à 1 h 34
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: aadoyle
Tree and Pridham will combine 2 aspects that should work really well together

I really like the setup. Tree will walk into a solid management group and will be like man CGY didn't have guys like these

As basically all he's got to do is extensions,some signings, consider trades, and figure out if he wants to keep Keefe or not

I’m actually curious, what makes you think Pridham stays? Or even Ryan Hardy, Darryl Metcalf and Hayley Wickenheiser were all close to Dubas and relatively short on front-office experience when promoted into their roles as part of an unorthodox front-office setup that had so many AGMs in different roles.
Treviling is likely to opt for a more traditional structure — and to bring in several of his own people.

There’s no guarantee the Treviling will see the value and share the vision of 3-tier development system like Dubas did.

I’ll be curious to see over time how much this changes
FWBwHufWAAI18oD?format=jpg&name=large
31 mai 2023 à 1 h 59
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 31 mai 2023 à 3 h 39
Quoting: MatthewsFan
I’m actually curious, what makes you think Pridham stays? Or even Ryan Hardy, Darryl Metcalf and Hayley Wickenheiser were all close to Dubas and relatively short on front-office experience when promoted into their roles as part of an unorthodox front-office setup that had so many AGMs in different roles.
Treviling is likely to opt for a more traditional structure — and to bring in several of his own people.

There’s no guarantee the Treviling will see the value and share the vision of 3-tier development system like Dubas did.

I’ll be curious to see over time how much this changes
FWBwHufWAAI18oD?format=jpg&name=large

The big reason Shanahan hired Pridham and he's been here through 3Gms (Noni's, Lou,Dubas) I got a feeling Shanny gonna ensure he stays. To me Tree and Pridham gonna be like Waddell and Tulsky and once Tree sees Pridhams magic numbers we good

Tree might honestly like how things are being run and not touch a thing except maybe the HC or at some point with maybe one assistant. As we have seen other GMs do that with the exception of a few of the old schools who want their own recenly fired guys (Rutherford). If he wants new people or to replace people got to run it through Shanahan and with things are now I don't think Shanny interested in hiring anyone whose not needed rn or firing to make room for said individuals. Besides I don't see Charron and Snow leaving CGY rn especially with Conroy as GM and those were the main tree guys he hired but hey if he brought in David Johnson for analytics would not be against it had some cool data hockey sites. Or heck maybe he hired Gio once he retires as a special assistant to an assistant. And also lot of those hires he made in CGY could have been influenced by their president Maloney and CGY Sports and Entertainment who knows.
31 mai 2023 à 11 h 1
Just Keep Swimming
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,693
Anyway, it seems as though Shanahan is really pulling strings. I'd like to see him more often being the face of the franchise if that is how it's working out - In a similar vein to Masai and Webster
31 mai 2023 à 11 h 22
Saskoiler for now
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,253
Quoting: Random2152
Anyway, it seems as though Shanahan is really pulling strings. I'd like to see him more often being the face of the franchise if that is how it's working out - In a similar vein to Masai and Webster

I’m not at all convinced that’s true. Dubas was clearly in charge as far as I’m concerned if you look at his moves (bringing in Soo guys, etc).

And even if it is true, then that would mean we can’t just take all the bad things “Dubas did” and dump on Shanny for them without giving him credit for the good things too. If Shanny was really pulling the strings, then why is Dubas getting all the credit and Shanny getting dumped on?

Not trying to take it out on you specifically here but I’m just a bit annoyed at this narrative.
NorthernLeafsFan05 a aimé ceci.
31 mai 2023 à 11 h 31
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: Saskleaf
I’m not at all convinced that’s true. Dubas was clearly in charge as far as I’m concerned if you look at his moves (bringing in Soo guys, etc).

And even if it is true, then that would mean we can’t just take all the bad things “Dubas did” and dump on Shanny for them without giving him credit for the good things too. If Shanny was really pulling the strings, then why is Dubas getting all the credit and Shanny getting dumped on?

Not trying to take it out on you specifically here but I’m just a bit annoyed at this narrative.

I think you misunderstand me.
I'm talking in the future. There was a very clear power struggle, and it seems that Shanny won out. As he is the most powerful voice in the leafs right now, I'd like to see him being the face of them
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
31 mai 2023 à 11 h 36
Ovchinnikov 137

I will try my best to reserve my judgement on Brad till I see what he can do but for the love of god if all that changes next year is Dubas out, Keefe still in is a massive L
31 mai 2023 à 11 h 37
Saskoiler for now
I think you misunderstand me.
I'm talking in the future. There was a very clear power struggle, and it seems that Shanny won out. As he is the most powerful voice in the leafs right now, I'd like to see him being the face of them

Fair enough, yes it seems I was misunderstanding you.

I mean, sure I guess. I don’t think he’s the one that will be actually making the moves but he has some influence to some degree. So sure, we can make him more the face of the franchise.
31 mai 2023 à 11 h 38
Just Keep Swimming
Fair enough, yes it seems I was misunderstanding you.

I mean, sure I guess. I don’t think he’s the one that will be actually making the moves but he has some influence to some degree. So sure, we can make him more the face of the franchise.

I think Tre is more the worker to Shanahans architect. As such Shanny should be the one on a more receiving end of any criticism of the team direction
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
31 mai 2023 à 11 h 39
Saskoiler for now
I think Tre is more the worker to Shanahans architect. As such Shanny should be the one on a more receiving end of any criticism of the team direction

Fair enough, especially if the rumour about Shanny calling the core 4 and saying none of them are leaving is true.
Random2152 a aimé ceci.
31 mai 2023 à 11 h 42
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever

31 mai 2023 à 11 h 47
Ovchinnikov 137

FML
oneX a aimé ceci.
31 mai 2023 à 12 h 28
Hakuna Matata
Fair enough, especially if the rumour about Shanny calling the core 4 and saying none of them are leaving is true.

I feel that was just to make it harder to pry them away. Like if reports came out he called and said one of yalls being moved teams would know oh hey he wants to move these guys lets lowball

Now its like oh wait he doesnt want to move them lets send an offer they almost cant refuse. Basically pry them away from the team

As in the end if someone calls and offers a Horvat like PKG for Nylander take it and run
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
31 mai 2023 à 12 h 34
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever

Over / Under 1 media chirp at tomorrows press conference.

I'm taking the over
31 mai 2023 à 12 h 58
hey look a squirrel
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,780
Man I think the Leafs are screwed with Treliving.

Hello darkness my old friend...
MatthewsFan et oneX a aimé ceci.
31 mai 2023 à 13 h 9
Hakuna Matata

My first order of business steal Lindholm and Hanafin from CGY

BLASPHAMY
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
31 mai 2023 à 13 h 15
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Couple things of note:

- Brad Treliving was not fired as many people tend to think. He and the ownership group mutually parted ways, with him supposedly leaving because he could not work with Sutter any longer
- Tkachuk had nothing but praise for Treliving
- Treliving is a very respected individual in the hockey world and is praised for his work ethic, compassion, and bluntness

This article from Luke Fox is a good read. This part in particular stood out:

"We can tell you that even before signing up his multi-year pact with the Maple Leafs, a contract that should extend Shanahan’s own current deal, Treliving reached out to Auston Matthews’ camp to open the lines of communication with the franchise’s brightest star. Treliving and Matthews’ agent, Judd Moldaver, have a good working relationship, just as Moldaver and Dubas did."
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
31 mai 2023 à 13 h 27
Hakuna Matata
Couple things of note:

- Brad Treliving was not fired as many people tend to think. He and the ownership group mutually parted ways, with him supposedly leaving because he could not work with Sutter any longer
- Tkachuk had nothing but praise for Treliving
- Treliving is a very respected individual in the hockey world and is praised for his work ethic, compassion, and bluntness

This article from Luke Fox is a good read. This part in particular stood out:

"We can tell you that even before signing up his multi-year pact with the Maple Leafs, a contract that should extend Shanahan’s own current deal, Treliving reached out to Auston Matthews’ camp to open the lines of communication with the franchise’s brightest star. Treliving and Matthews’ agent, Judd Moldaver, have a good working relationship, just as Moldaver and Dubas did."

Lets be real he signs Matthews to a 12-15 mill x 6-8 year extension and trades Nylander for a similar Package to Horvat people will be chanting his name on the streets

I think hes got a nice offseason ahead of him and besides the extensions first order of Buisness

Bring Schenn and Acciari back and sign Bertuzzi
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
31 mai 2023 à 13 h 33
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever

Its official. I want to collect some of my thoughts here. When Dubas was first fired, I was obviously upset. This is a guy that dragged us out of some pretty bad times and set us up for some pretty nice success. Obviously he had his shortcomings, but so do all other GMs. After he was let go and Treliving's name came up, I was honestly in disbelief. Personally, I wanted someone like Tulsky or Darche who have track records of some success and find a ton of value in the guys they prioritize. I wanted someone that was definitively a better GM than Kyle to justifying the firing. My issue with Treliving was that he is very similar to Kyle in many regards, and hiring him feels like a lateral move.

Now that the dust has settled, I am fine with a lateral move. The more I look into Treliving, the more I like him. He is a very safe option for GM and I think he can piece together a pretty good team. I think he and Kyle are much more similar than people give him credit for, and I'm excited to see what he cooks up. Welcome to Toronto Brad, best of luck in your new role.

And as always, Go Leafs
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
31 mai 2023 à 13 h 36
Saskoiler for now
Quoting: Trickster
Man I think the Leafs are screwed with Treliving.

Hello darkness my old friend...

I’m genuinely curious why so many leafs fans treat Kyle Dubas as this God tier GM and also hate on Treliving. To me Treliving is not much of a downgrade (if at all), and it might be nice to have a new guy to manage the team. Because while I really do like Dubas a lot and I thought he was a good GM, it wasn’t working with him. Something had to give. And Treliving was the best option out there that had experience.
oneX a aimé ceci.
31 mai 2023 à 13 h 39
hey look a squirrel
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,780
I’m genuinely curious why so many leafs fans treat Kyle Dubas as this God tier GM and also hate on Treliving. To me Treliving is not much of a downgrade (if at all), and it might be nice to have a new guy to manage the team. Because while I really do like Dubas a lot and I thought he was a good GM, it wasn’t working with him. Something had to give. And Treliving was the best option out there that had experience.

We should have tried to steal Nill.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
31 mai 2023 à 13 h 39
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever

Its official. I want to collect some of my thoughts here. When Dubas was first fired, I was obviously upset. This is a guy that dragged us out of some pretty bad times and set us up for some pretty nice success. Obviously he had his shortcomings, but so do all other GMs. After he was let go and Treliving's name came up, I was honestly in disbelief. Personally, I wanted someone like Tulsky or Darche who have track records of some success and find a ton of value in the guys they prioritize. I wanted someone that was definitively a better GM than Kyle to justifying the firing. My issue with Treliving was that he is very similar to Kyle in many regards, and hiring him feels like a lateral move.

Now that the dust has settled, I am fine with a lateral move. The more I look into Treliving, the more I like him. He is a very safe option for GM and I think he can piece together a pretty good team. I think he and Kyle are much more similar than people give him credit for, and I'm excited to see what he cooks up. Welcome to Toronto Brad, best of luck in your new role.

And as always, Go Leafs

In short, I didn't want to see the Leafs take a gamble ahead of such a crucial offseason, but they did. All we can do know is hope that it doesn't blow up in our face
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage