SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2022-23 NHL Season Discussion Thread #13: Happy trade deadline day!

9 mars 2023 à 2 h 18
do not Devil my ass
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,265
Top prospect: Luke Hughes
Most improved: Schmid
Most skillful: Luke Hughes
Most physically mature: Bahl
Smartest: Nemec
Best skater: Luke Hughes
Best defensively: Nemec
Most feisty: Stillman
Most underrated: Gritsyuk
Most overrated: Stillman
Hardest shot: Holtz
Best playmaker: Luke Hughes
Best stickhandler: Casey
Most NHL-ready (outside NHL): Walsh
Most projectable: Luke Hughes
-----
Best NHL player this season: Jack Hughes
Most improved NHL player: Tatar
Most skillful NHL player: Jack Hughes
Smartest NHL player: Bratt
Best NHL skater: Jack Hughes
Best defensive NHL player: Siegenthaler
Most feisty NHL player: Wood
Most underrated NHL player: Severson
Most overrated NHL player: McLeod
Hardest NHL shot: Hamilton
Best NHL playmaker: Bratt
Best NHL stickhandler: Jack Hughes
----
Best AHL player: Clarke
Highest ceiling AHL prospect: Nemec
Best ECHL player: Ibragimov
Highest ceiling ECHL prospect: Ibragimov
Best CHL prospect: Filmon
Highest ceiling CHL prospect: Filmon
Best USA prospect: Luke Hughes
Highest ceiling USA prospect: Luke Hughes
Best anywhere-else-in-the-world prospect/player: Gritsyuk
Highest ceiling anywhere-else-in-the-world prospect/player: Orlov
zk97 et MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
9 mars 2023 à 6 h 27
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,405
Quoting: kdawg32086
If they're gonna expand, it should be Houston and one of Quebec City/Kansas City/Portland. After failing in Atlanta twice, why would they go back? I also don't understand why the Florida Panthers and Arizona Coyotes haven't been relocated.

It’s simple, Phoenix is the 5th largest city in the US *In theory* it’s an amazing market for fan growth, you also have to consider that it’s not easy to get 32 teams in a stable location, in recent memory, teams like Ottawa, Buffalo, NYI, Florida, Arizona have all struggled with attendance, there are simply markets where if the team isn’t winning, seats don’t really fill up
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
9 mars 2023 à 8 h 41
Tintin over 1122
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 10,168

Db1899 et Tintin a aimé ceci.
9 mars 2023 à 9 h 43
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,299
Elliotte Friedman's 32 thoughts:

17. Funny little tidbit about the three-way trade that sent Nick Bonino to Pittsburgh: he had to waive his no-trade to Montreal so the Canadiens could facilitate the extra retention.

You're telling me you have a 5 team no trade clause and Montreals on it? Well **** you and I hope Pittsburgh misses
Sharkie69 et zk97 a aimé ceci.
9 mars 2023 à 10 h 24
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Elliotte Friedman's 32 thoughts:

17. Funny little tidbit about the three-way trade that sent Nick Bonino to Pittsburgh: he had to waive his no-trade to Montreal so the Canadiens could facilitate the extra retention.

You're telling me you have a 5 team no trade clause and Montreals on it? Well **** you and I hope Pittsburgh misses

I mean, Montreal's a polaziring market, i wouldn't blame players for not wanting all the attention that comes with being a Habs
capsfan2121, Saskleaf et zk97 a aimé ceci.
9 mars 2023 à 10 h 29
Tintin over 1122
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
I mean, Montreal's a polaziring market, i wouldn't blame players for not wanting all the attention that comes with being a Habs

im very surprised sammy wanted to go to the leafs with how he is. he has been handling himself well.
9 mars 2023 à 11 h 3
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,197

could've also been due to montreal finishing last the previous season. i would imagine that next year a lot of players are going to list columbus, arizona and anaheim as no go locations.
zk97 a aimé ceci.
9 mars 2023 à 11 h 8
Tintin over 1122
Quoting: mondo
could've also been due to montreal finishing last the previous season. i would imagine that next year a lot of players are going to list columbus, arizona and anaheim as no go locations.

columbus just needs a few pieces and then they will be good
9 mars 2023 à 11 h 14
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,197
Quoting: capsfan2121

they need merzlikins to stop regressing and not have like 10 injuries
capsfan2121 et zk97 a aimé ceci.
9 mars 2023 à 11 h 15
Tintin over 1122
they need merzlikins to stop regressing and not have like 10 injuries

i except tarasov to get number 1 spot next year
Hurricanes_WPG a aimé ceci.
9 mars 2023 à 11 h 30
Go Habs Go
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,091

The pressure is intimidating to a lot of players, but the best players don't get intimidated. You have to have that confidence in yourself and be willing to work even when you aren't playing well.
If you are avoiding Montreal for that reason, we are most likely better off.
9 mars 2023 à 12 h 12
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,105
Isles might be the only team in the league where half of their regular players are significantly worse than the AHL guys they’ve called up. If clutterbuck gets a spot back in the lineup when he’s healthy the isles will start to lose games.

The top teams in the league usually make the right decisions when it comes to veterans , they don’t cling on to old has beens who were good 5 years ago

capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
9 mars 2023 à 12 h 14
Tintin over 1122
Quoting: Db1899
Isles might be the only team in the league where half of their regular players are significantly worse than the AHL guys they’ve called up. If clutterbuck gets a spot back in the lineup when he’s healthy the isles will start to lose games.

The top teams in the league usually make the right decisions when it comes to veterans , they don’t cling on to old has beens who were good 5 years ago

That fourth line has been past it’s expired date 4 years ago
Db1899 et zk97 a aimé ceci.
9 mars 2023 à 13 h 35
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,527

They need Bedard...and a few pieces lol.
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
9 mars 2023 à 13 h 38
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,983

How often can you update the trade list?

Like lets say its a guy who signed his NTC (creates it) then gets traded like 3-4-5 years later. There is a good chance some teams off the list might be bad now, or teams on the list at the team are good now, can you update the list every year?

Edit:

Or is once the NTC trade list created, that's it, no changes?
9 mars 2023 à 13 h 58
Habs fan somehow
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 80
That fourth line has been past it’s expired date 4 years ago

I mean, look at who's at the helm of this organization.
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
9 mars 2023 à 14 h 2
Quoting: MatthewsFan

Like lets say its a guy who signed his NTC (creates it) then gets traded like 3-4-5 years later. There is a good chance some teams off the list might be bad now, or teams on the list at the team are good now, can you update the list every year?

Edit:

I think you have to submit your list every year around July 1st ( so when the next year of the contract kicks in )
capsfan2121, KSIxSKULLS, MatthewsFan and 3 others a aimé ceci.
9 mars 2023 à 14 h 4
Quoting: gm_jeanguy
I mean, look at who's at the helm of this organization.

This is true - however it’s on the coach to make the right decisions and keep the best players in the lineup.
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
9 mars 2023 à 14 h 7
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,299
I think you have to submit your list every year around July 1st ( so when the next year of the contract kicks in )

It would make sense he had Montreal off the list in this case because we finished last, last year and were terrible all year. I'd have to assume he wouldn't put Montreal on his list this year, but that's just speculation.
9 mars 2023 à 14 h 9
Ovchinnikov 137

cool thx
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
9 mars 2023 à 14 h 56
It’s interesting how tall players who are usually in good position (and have a good stick) are hated by fans if they aren’t physical
9 mars 2023 à 15 h 0
It’s interesting how tall players who are usually in good position (and have a good stick) are hated by fans if they aren’t physical

Player A: physical, always goes for hits instead of the puck. only capable at dumping the puck out of the defensive
zone.

Player B: not physical, wins puck battles without going for the hit, can skate the puck out of the zone with possession.

Player A is seen as a player you need to win, player B is often called invisible
zk97 a aimé ceci.
9 mars 2023 à 15 h 8
Ovchinnikov 137
Player A: physical, always goes for hits instead of the puck. only capable at dumping the puck out of the defensive
zone.

Player B: not physical, wins puck battles without going for the hit, can skate the puck out of the zone with possession.

Player A is seen as a player you need to win, player B is often called invisible

giphy.webp
Db1899 et zk97 a aimé ceci.
9 mars 2023 à 15 h 17
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,087

To be fair if u got size but arent utilizing it some could argue its a waste of potential.

As in the case of a guy like Engvall if he played with some grit he would be even better then he is now, everyone would want him, and in the summer Marchment money would be easy.

The one clip that hurts him is last playoffs when he refused to fight hagel and paul and hagel laughed at him.
9 mars 2023 à 15 h 20
Go Habs Go
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,091
Quoting: MatthewsFan

Edit:

I believe the only relevant CBA restriction, is that you can't have such clauses active outside of regular UFA eligible years.
Meaning you can't have them until you hit free agency or they can kick in partway through a contract that extends beyond the end of your RFA qualification.

The clauses themselves are not included in a contract or restricted to certain standards and are negotiated separately.
I'd imagine that would include the timelines for submission and ability to alter those lists.
A team might require the list to be submitted prior to the draft for example, or not require it at all until they request it (48 hours notice for example).
A player might want to submit it in the off season and not have to worry about it, or they might simply want you to ask for it only if you are listening to offers.
The general idea is that the player wants to be included in the decision and the team doesn't want to be handcuffed, so the clause itself only "needs" to be invoked when there's an impasse between player and team.
If you are working with the player, you can present them with options and/or request that they waive. If you aren't working with the player, you are stuck with the options they gave you.

(This is to my understanding of course. A lot of technicalities with the inner workings of the NHL aren't publically available. The only update in aware of is the MOU which fixed the issue of teams being able to trade for a player and choose whether to honor their clause. Now the clauses remain regardless of player movement, and can be waived for a single transaction only.)
Hurricanes_WPG a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage