SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(STL/MIN/TOR) - O'Reilly, Acciari for Pillar for Abramov, Gaudette, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

18 févr. 2023 à 11 h 35
Rejoint: juill. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 175
This is not what a Bruins fan wanted to see at 11:03 PM
Leafsfan98 et BCAPP a aimé ceci.
18 févr. 2023 à 11 h 37
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,198
Quoting: Boltsbeathabs
Who offered Tavares 13.5 I call B***s*** on that. And the KHL team offered Kaprizov a $10,000,000 contract to and the Easter bunny exists.

San Jose supposedly offered Tavares 13 Million (just looked it up and it was 13, and I think this Isles might have offered 12.5 mill) dollars by 7 years

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/john-tavares-sharks-face-off-no-regrets-free-agency-unfolded/

"They were even willing to go as high as $91-million to sign No. 91, which is $2-million more per season on a seven-year deal than he ended up getting from the Toronto Maple Leafs."

Isles offer:
https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/sharks/report-sharks-are-john-tavares-top-choice-if-he-leaves-islanders
"Should Tavares decide to officially become a free agent, “[it's] believed” his top choices, in order, are San Jose and his hometown Toronto Maple Leafs, according to Arthur Staple of The Athletic. Tavares will inform the Islanders whether or not he intends to re-sign, on an eight-year deal worth up to $100 million, on Friday."
18 févr. 2023 à 11 h 44
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 834
All this for Josh Pillar?
palhal, BCAPP, draft_em_sign_em_trade_em and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
18 févr. 2023 à 11 h 54
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 23,608
One reason, maybe the main reason the Leafs can't get over the hump, is they continue to trade picks and prospects for short term TDL gain. Teams need their young and cheap ELCs to make the cap work. Leafs don't have one player on their roster that was on ELC.
Massive overpay for ROR and ACCI. Both third line wingers on the Blues. ACCI and his 9 points in 50 playoff games is going to help? (that much)
I really don't know why MLS executives and owners have let Dubas (and all their recent GMs) have so much control.
The only good thing that may come out of it, is maybe the price has been upped when Matthews and Nylander are traded at 2024 TDL. Then the Leafs and their new GM can get some of young assets back for a reboot.
18 févr. 2023 à 12 h 0
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,364
Quoting: ARMCHAIRGMOFTHEYEAR
Great trade for the Blues, I'd say. They were able to sell two UFA's for fair/good returns and now theyre set up with 3 first rounders in a solid draft. and could add depending on how big the market is for Barbashev. (I would he gets a 2nd + 3rd in return but who knows)

Also a solid trade for the leafs, they have great players they needed a solid player that was built for Playoff hockey. I've think ROR is a perfect fit and Accari makes their depth a lot better. Sometimes you have to pay a steep price but they have a good enough prospect pool that they can afford to pay a little.

The thing that's most wild to me is that the Blues aren't even out of the playoff picture yet. We will see how they rebound. They seemed to pick it up after Tarasenko was traded.
18 févr. 2023 à 12 h 1
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: BoredWildFan
It’s Guerin’s gift to Dubas because everyone knows Knies is going to opt out of Toronto and sign with Minnesota.

My opinion is Knies is going to be a college graduate UFA, and sign as UFA with the Kings....where Matthews will be playing in 2024 when he's a UFA. Knies and Matthews are friends
18 févr. 2023 à 12 h 4
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 3,721
Quoting: palhal
One reason, maybe the main reason the Leafs can't get over the hump, is they continue to trade picks and prospects for short term TDL gain. Teams need their young and cheap ELCs to make the cap work. Leafs don't have one player on their roster that was on ELC.
Massive overpay for ROR and ACCI. Both third line wingers on the Blues. ACCI and his 9 points in 50 playoff games is going to help? (that much)
I really don't know why MLS executives and owners have let Dubas (and all their recent GMs) have so much control.
The only good thing that may come out of it, is maybe the price has been upped when Matthews and Nylander are traded at 2024 TDL. Then the Leafs and their new GM can get some of young assets back for a reboot.

Did you just call O'Reilly a winger?

Also the last cup wingers all made rental trades.

Colorado for Manson (second and a good but not great prospect)
Tampa Savard for a first plus

Tampa has been trading every pick/prospect under sun the last while and kept it going.

I too am not a big fan of rentals, but the Leafs lack of success has simply been failure. It isn't for some specific reason like this
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
18 févr. 2023 à 12 h 5
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: Messier99
That's when we start thinking of trading Matthews and Nylander - July 2 is the target date if they don't extend for reasonable price.
We can start getting some of the pick/prospects back.

No the more likely scenario is at TDL 2024 when Matthews and Nylander cap hits won't be nearly as harsh to new teams they are traded too. The new GM will try to recoup some futures that Dubas has foolishly traded away.....for years.
18 févr. 2023 à 12 h 7
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: BCAPP
Did you just call O'Reilly a winger?

Also the last cup wingers all made rental trades.

Colorado for Manson (second and a good but not great prospect)
Tampa Savard for a first plus

Tampa has been trading every pick/prospect under sun the last while and kept it going.

I too am not a big fan of rentals, but the Leafs lack of success has simply been failure. It isn't for some specific reason like this

I meant to write 3rd line wingers. Thanks for reading
18 févr. 2023 à 12 h 12
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,329
Quoting: Boltsbeathabs
I seem to recall an Ontario boy running back to Tampa Bay taking less than was offered by the leafs. But yeah no one (in their prime seems to take a hometown discount to be in Toronto. See Tavares

stamkos didn't have the passion™
18 févr. 2023 à 12 h 13
Leafs Sufferer
Mentions "j'aime": 3,515
No the more likely scenario is at TDL 2024 when Matthews and Nylander cap hits won't be nearly as harsh to new teams they are traded too. The new GM will try to recoup some futures that Dubas has foolishly traded away.....for years.

Only leaf fans can rejoice about acquiring ROR and in the same sentence talk about trading Matthews and Nylander.
BCAPP et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
18 févr. 2023 à 12 h 15
Lifelong Leafs Fan
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 257
Quoting: AndrewLadd
I’m sorry but their center core is not better than Eriksson Ek-Hartman-Gaudreau

Lol
18 févr. 2023 à 12 h 34
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 275
I am super sad to see O'Reilly go as he became a fan favorite and ended our curse. But hockey is a business and I know that, and I LOVE that the Blues know their fate and are playing this deadline smartly. This is a great return they win this deal.
18 févr. 2023 à 12 h 41
Western Champs
Rejoint: sept. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 263
Quoting: delete
stl wins easily.but what i dont understand is,why the wild would retain half,helping the leafs for only a 4th.minnesota is the loser here,retaining on orielly,with ryan hartman as there number 1 center.a middling team that never has a real chance.they needed orielly.

Why would St-Louis help a division rival (Minnesota) and Toronto probably offered the best trading package
18 févr. 2023 à 12 h 46
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,417
Modifié 18 févr. 2023 à 13 h 19
At least the Leafs held firmly onto their 5th, 6th and 7th Rd picks.

I predict Datsyuk in the 5th Rd, Zetterberg in the 6th Rd and T. Holmstrom in the 7th Rd quality.
Joe_La_Garnotte a aimé ceci.
18 févr. 2023 à 12 h 52
Rejoint: févr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 149
Good trade, 2023 first is tough but we'll see how it goes
18 févr. 2023 à 13 h 20
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,417
Quoting: justinhollfan3
Good trade, 2023 first is tough but we'll see how it goes

Welcome to capfriendly. I hope you came prepared.
18 févr. 2023 à 13 h 23
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,466

Just showing people who say well Toronto cant afford a ROR extension

This was a scenario where Leafs signed Meier to 8.5mill while keeping their big 4
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
18 févr. 2023 à 13 h 37
average joe
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 102
Quoting: Leafsfan98
Between 750K (steal)-2.5 mill (Bergy contract but with a little more term like by 1 or 2 years)

The league minimum is $775,000 for next season. So I guess you want him to play in the minors the whole year. smile
18 févr. 2023 à 14 h 6
Leafs Sufferer
Mentions "j'aime": 3,515
Quoting: aadoyle

Just showing people who say well Toronto cant afford a ROR extension

This was a scenario where Leafs signed Meier to 8.5mill while keeping their big 4

That team is over the cap with a 20 man roster and a 4th line that would get eaten alive.
18 févr. 2023 à 14 h 10
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,466
Quoting: Ritzy
That team is over the cap with a 20 man roster and a 4th line that would get eaten alive.

U factor in Muzzin on LTIR which doesnt really factor in to the capspace. Puckepedia is best for cap. So if Muzzin was on LTIR Leafs coult exceed and be fine but could only hold a 20 man team

But in general ROR wouldnt be making 8.5mill anyways 5-6mill would be the amount which is doable
18 févr. 2023 à 14 h 21
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 129
I see your point but I don't know about "ultimate". The quite bad over that period Vancouver Canucks have had 6 picks in the first 4 round over the last 3 years (https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr00008756.html) and while that is one more than the Leafs, the Leafs have two 1sts to their one.

But yeah the Leafs have moved a looooot of draft capital. They haven't moved the majority of their prospects though. Yet...

Well to your point, if we extended it back. The leafs haven't used a 1st rd pick since 2020 so kinda adds fuel to the fire. But at the end of the day, it's funny which ever team just disregards their future to win now and still get thrashed in the postseason. I know most team in win now mode do that but there are degrees in which some turn wreckless. This could be one if they can't right the ship and they lose Matthews.
18 févr. 2023 à 15 h 53
Quoting: Hollands_missing_brain
Well to your point, if we extended it back. The leafs haven't used a 1st rd pick since 2020 so kinda adds fuel to the fire. But at the end of the day, it's funny which ever team just disregards their future to win now and still get thrashed in the postseason. I know most team in win now mode do that but there are degrees in which some turn wreckless. This could be one if they can't right the ship and they lose Matthews.

Predictions are impossible but Matthews is competitive. My guess is he's more likely to stay if the team shows it's trying to win than being more cautious.

I have dislikes many of our deadline moves (Foligno the most, but also Plekanec) but this one I think is a reasonable gamble. Maybe it's because I see him as resignable.
18 févr. 2023 à 16 h 9
I meant to write 3rd line wingers. Thanks for reading

O'Reilly was not a winger on st Louis. He has been out almost a month and he's still second on the team in faceoffs won this year.
18 févr. 2023 à 16 h 44
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 129
Predictions are impossible but Matthews is competitive. My guess is he's more likely to stay if the team shows it's trying to win than being more cautious.

I have dislikes many of our deadline moves (Foligno the most, but also Plekanec) but this one I think is a reasonable gamble. Maybe it's because I see him as resignable.

I actually agree with everything you are saying, but as a rival wings fan, I only wish the opposite of everything you said
BCAPP a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage