SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2022-23 NHL Season Discussion Thread #3: The Toronto Maple LTI's

31 oct. 2022 à 10 h 24
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,084
22-23 RAPM just dropped....Lane Lambert has had a pretty good impact on the isles two most important forwards.

<a href=Screen-Shot-2022-10-31-at-10-23-04-AM">
BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
31 oct. 2022 à 10 h 56
not bad

Screen-Shot-2022-10-31-at-10-55-05-AM">
BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
31 oct. 2022 à 11 h 5
Ex Nucks fan
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 17,624
Quoting: Db1899
22-23 RAPM just dropped....Lane Lambert has had a pretty good impact on the isles two most important forwards.

Screen-Shot-2022-10-31-at-10-23-04-AM">

Can’t wait to see all the red from Vancouver players. Pretty sure Pettersson will be the only with decent stats
31 oct. 2022 à 11 h 7
Quoting: Juiceman
Can’t wait to see all the red from Vancouver players. Pretty sure Pettersson will be the only with decent stats

<a href=Screen-Shot-2022-10-31-at-11-06-45-AM">
31 oct. 2022 à 11 h 8
Ex Nucks fan
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 17,624
Screen-Shot-2022-10-31-at-11-06-45-AM">

Surprised the offense and defense bars aren’t the other way around for JT
Db1899 a aimé ceci.
31 oct. 2022 à 11 h 8
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,442
yikes, MatthewsFan, A_Habs_fan and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
31 oct. 2022 à 11 h 10
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,816
Floating some thoughts about the Toronto Maple Leafs

I agree with Dangle (and most majority) that the Leafs need a change. And if it’s coaching then the Leafs will fail. This ain’t all on Keefe. (BABCOCK WAS RIGHT?)

The band needs to be broken up or given some new blood and new lines. I personally think the Kawhi type deal needs to happen but let’s look at a lesser trade.

There aren’t many teams in the league right now looking for a shake up. Arizona wants futures, not a shakeup (what Toronto needs), can’t really deal with any Atlantic team, and a lot of the west is kinda set in stone. Except for the Sharks. Not just discussing them because they’re my team. Grier seems up for anything to improve the future of the team. So here’s a “smaller” trade that’s still noticeable and impactful. Not quite Kawhi sized.

Reimer (50%) (arguably the Sharks best player behind EK65)
Barabanov makes his return (arguably the other Sharks best player right now behind Karlsson)

For

Knies
SDA
Matt Murray
Kerfoot

Add some change to Leafs end IMO

I see it as; Knies + Murray for Barabanov (seems weak for the Sharks) but Knies is highly touted skater. As to why I said the Leafs need to some change. Reimer (50%) for SDA and Kerfoot, seems weak for the Sharks again but again why I said the Leafs should add some change. The Sharks downgrade the NHL but improve their AHL/ Prospect pool while the Leafs heavily improve their NHL squad.

Barabanov never shows quit and neither does Reimer. The Leafs need guys who never quit speak through their play. These two do that. Kerfoot just doesn’t fit with the Leafs despite him playing well, and Murray was a bad move day one.

You could look at it like; Kerfoot + SDA for Barabanov and Knies + Murray for Reimer and it doesn’t really change my thought that the Leafs need to add some change. But I think if the Leafs want to make any notable trades there aren’t many teams they can look to that aren’t the Sharks. San Jose is the only team that seems up for anything right now. The only issue is they don’t have a TOP4Right Handed RD. Unless we wanna talk EK65 lmao but that’s never going to happen (too much money involved). Unless we’re talking Marner for EK65 50% 😉😉😉 lol.

But seriously I do think the Leafs are going to have to call Grier at some point and see if there’s anything that can be worked out. The Leafs need cap movement and roster shake up. The Sharks can accommodate both. I see Arizona and Chicago as other suitors but I don’t think Chychrun or Toews are the plays. Kane88 works but again that’s a lot of money being moved around.
31 oct. 2022 à 11 h 13
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: SevenLeg

That’s pretty awesome by Pidutti.
SevenLeg a aimé ceci.
31 oct. 2022 à 11 h 15
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6,514
not bad

Screen-Shot-2022-10-31-at-10-55-05-AM">

What do the Sabres look like? Thinking Olofsson(who isn't effective at 5v5 apparently) also Dahls and Power would be a fun look. Surprised Wright is so positive offensively, is that just because of his usage?
Db1899 a aimé ceci.
31 oct. 2022 à 11 h 20
Tintin over 1122
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 10,165
@yikes

can you describe barbs. how does he play and what does he do best
31 oct. 2022 à 11 h 24
Hop on the Slaftrain
Quoting: yikes
That’s pretty awesome by Pidutti.

He put the equivalent of 250 full work days in this. Unbelievable.
MatthewsFan, A_Habs_fan et yikes a aimé ceci.
31 oct. 2022 à 11 h 29
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
What do the Sabres look like? Thinking Olofsson(who isn't effective at 5v5 apparently) also Dahls and Power would be a fun look. Surprised Wright is so positive offensively, is that just because of his usage?

EH tries to isolate teammates, zone starts etc so it just means wright has been slightly above average at driving play offensively in a small sample size.
<a href=Screen-Shot-2022-10-31-at-11-26-58-AM">
BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
31 oct. 2022 à 11 h 30
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,982

Thanks for posting they was a good read
SevenLeg a aimé ceci.
31 oct. 2022 à 11 h 35
Mentions "j'aime": 553

I agree with Dangle (and most majority) that the Leafs need a change. And if it’s coaching then the Leafs will fail. This ain’t all on Keefe. (BABCOCK WAS RIGHT?)

The band needs to be broken up or given some new blood and new lines. I personally think the Kawhi type deal needs to happen but let’s look at a lesser trade.

There aren’t many teams in the league right now looking for a shake up. Arizona wants futures, not a shakeup (what Toronto needs), can’t really deal with any Atlantic team, and a lot of the west is kinda set in stone. Except for the Sharks. Not just discussing them because they’re my team. Grier seems up for anything to improve the future of the team. So here’s a “smaller” trade that’s still noticeable and impactful. Not quite Kawhi sized.

Barabanov makes his return (arguably the other Sharks best player right now behind Karlsson)

For

Knies
SDA
Matt Murray
Kerfoot

I see it as; Knies + Murray for Barabanov (seems weak for the Sharks) but Knies is highly touted skater. As to why I said the Leafs need to some change. Reimer (50%) for SDA and Kerfoot, seems weak for the Sharks again but again why I said the Leafs should add some change. The Sharks downgrade the NHL but improve their AHL/ Prospect pool while the Leafs heavily improve their NHL squad.

Barabanov never shows quit and neither does Reimer. The Leafs need guys who never quit speak through their play. These two do that. Kerfoot just doesn’t fit with the Leafs despite him playing well, and Murray was a bad move day one.

You could look at it like; Kerfoot + SDA for Barabanov and Knies + Murray for Reimer and it doesn’t really change my thought that the Leafs need to add some change. But I think if the Leafs want to make any notable trades there aren’t many teams they can look to that aren’t the Sharks. San Jose is the only team that seems up for anything right now. The only issue is they don’t have a TOP4Right Handed RD. Unless we wanna talk EK65 lmao but that’s never going to happen (too much money involved). Unless we’re talking Marner for EK65 50% 😉😉😉 lol.

But seriously I do think the Leafs are going to have to call Grier at some point and see if there’s anything that can be worked out. The Leafs need cap movement and roster shake up. The Sharks can accommodate both. I see Arizona and Chicago as other suitors but I don’t think Chychrun or Toews are the plays. Kane88 works but again that’s a lot of money being moved around.

Barabanov didn’t work here he was a fringe guy on this team
31 oct. 2022 à 11 h 38
EklundCelebriniSmith
Modifié 31 oct. 2022 à 11 h 45
Quoting: capsfan2121
yikes

can you describe barbs. how does he play and what does he do best

Like a lot of Russian skaters he just has a knack for finding and keeping the puck. He’s consistently an impactful skater on the ice in both ends. More offence than defence but he plays smart / safe in his own end. He just out works and out plays; doesn’t quit easily on a play or puck battle and often just creates opportunities because he comes away with the puck even after you knocked it away from him 3 times consecutively and he still is fighting for it. He’s never going to score 40 or put up 60 assists but he’s paid 2.5m and you’d easily be happy with him at 3-4mil. He’s just an energizing player to have on your line. He’s what I dream Coe or Ozzy could become.

Quinn says that Barabanov, along with Sturm, have been #SJSharks most consistent forwards this year.

So naturally, Couture was happy to play with AB: "You could see the excitement in Logan's face when he and I were talking this morning [about playing with Alex]."
- Sheng Peng

And it’s true (Couture got 2 goals that night)
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
31 oct. 2022 à 11 h 38
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,293

Very interesting, quantifying HOF is very hard and he seems to have done a decent job
SevenLeg a aimé ceci.
31 oct. 2022 à 11 h 45
EklundCelebriniSmith
Modifié 31 oct. 2022 à 11 h 51
Quoting: GarthBrooks
Barabanov didn’t work here he was a fringe guy on this team

Yeah but I would ask why didn’t he work in Toronto?
Didn’t he play a majority in the bottom 6? I can’t recall.
Edit: yes it was bottom 6 time

I mean he’s only ever played top 6 with some 3rd line in SJS and his production and on ice play speak for themselves. He wouldn’t be returning to the Leafs as a hypothetical top6 forward (which he was a prospect basically with the Leafs). He’d be returning with 50 points in 99 nhl games (1 point in 13 with the Leafs). If he reduce that to 49 in 86 that’s nearly a 0.60 for a 2.5m winger.

I understand your rational completely but the Leafs have moved on from multiple players that seem to be what the Leafs need but “didn’t work” when they were with us.

It’s just odd y’know. Like Bunting is working out; but the Leafs could really use Hyman, Barabanov, Moore and whatever instead of Engvall and Holl.

Edit: looked it up.

Barabanovs most common line mates in Toronto were:

Boyd, Engvall, Simmonds, Spezza, Brooks and Nylander Kerfoot a few times. So I’d argue Barabanov wasn’t used correctly in Toronto.
31 oct. 2022 à 11 h 51
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,448

Dayum that's some great stuff right here
SevenLeg a aimé ceci.
31 oct. 2022 à 11 h 55
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: justaBoss
Dayum that's some great stuff right here

So NOV14 is when it’ll be publicly available?

Would be intrigued to see guys like Karlsson, Thornton, Marleau, Heatley, Spezza, Weber, Fleury, Subban, Stammer, Makar, McDavid. Some for fun like Heatley Subban Fleury but genuinely curious if Makar has qualified to be utilized in the system or what McDavid looks like.
31 oct. 2022 à 11 h 57
Hop on the Slaftrain
So NOV14 is when it’ll be publicly available?

Would be intrigued to see guys like Karlsson, Thornton, Marleau, Heatley, Spezza, Weber, Fleury, Subban, Stammer, Makar, McDavid. Some for fun like Heatley Subban Fleury but genuinely curious if Makar has qualified to be utilized in the system or what McDavid looks like.

Some are already posted on the twitter page

yikes et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
31 oct. 2022 à 12 h 3
Mentions "j'aime": 553
Edit: yes it was bottom 6 time

I mean he’s only ever played top 6 with some 3rd line in SJS and his production and on ice play speak for themselves. He wouldn’t be returning to the Leafs as a hypothetical top6 forward (which he was a prospect basically with the Leafs). He’d be returning with 50 points in 99 nhl games (1 point in 13 with the Leafs). If he reduce that to 49 in 86 that’s nearly a 0.60 for a 2.5m winger.

I understand your rational completely but the Leafs have moved on from multiple players that seem to be what the Leafs need but “didn’t work” when they were with us.

It’s just odd y’know. Like Bunting is working out; but the Leafs could really use Hyman, Barabanov, Moore and whatever instead of Engvall and Holl.

Boyd, Engvall, Simmonds, Spezza, Brooks and Nylander Kerfoot a few times. So I’d argue Barabanov wasn’t used correctly in Toronto.

Iunno can’t explain Keefe’s rational with deployment. Plus doesn’t really look like Bunting’s working out anymore haha. I personally don’t want another smallish forward. I’d trade for Ferraro but you guys just signed him
31 oct. 2022 à 12 h 4
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Quoting: Bobcat205
Well, here you go.

Bobcat’s Post Game Notes, Game 10

Jackets lose, 7-1 against the New Jersey Devils.

-A matinee matchup with a division rival before we go out to Europe. Hopefully this bad stretch of hockey is just saving our energy for a back-to-back against the reigning, defending Stanley Cup champions in a foreign land. I don't know what to believe.

-First period has been a snoozefest for the first 15 minutes of time off the clock. We certainly haven’t been making Elvis’s life easy, but he’s held very firm so far.

-Fabian Zetterlund takes a one-timer that blows by Elvis for his first goal of the year. If there’s anyone to blame here, it’s Redbeard for duffing the puck in the neutral zone, and his subsequent lack of effort on defense.

-Out of every team that I expected to boo Johnny Hockey every time he touches the puck, I did not expect the Devils to be one of them. Still mad about not getting him, huh?

-The Prudential Center is so dead that the posts are louder than I’ve ever heard them before.

-…David Jiricek puts in the bare minimum effort to stop Nico Hischier, and Nico scores.

-SEVENTEEN SECONDS LATER, Ryan Graves takes a harmless slap shot that blows by him, and all I can do is laugh to numb the pain. I’m losing it, doc.

-A beautiful pass from Cole Sillinger to Yegor Chinakhov puts us back to within two. Normally I’d be yelling about Jäegermeister mixed with an energy drink right now, but with what the score looks like right now, it would be very off-color.

-Mathieu Olivier starts a scrum to at least try to show SOME life, but nothing comes of it.

-Laine gives up the puck, Tomas Tatar all alone, but Gavi comes back from behind and diffuses the situation like a pro. This is why I love him.

-Nyquist has his head so far up his *ss it’s coming out the top again. What is this defensive effort? This is why I want him gone at the deadline, if not earlier.

-John Marino trips up Boone Jenner and gets sent to the Box. Here’s where we give up a shorty.

-…We did even worse. We had two minutes where we had more men than the other team, and didn’t register a SINGLE shot on goal.

-Nathan Bastian slashes Elvis, and the ENTIRE team descends upon him to kick his *ss (and rightfully so). By the end, Bastian gets sent off for slashing, and… Elvis gets a roughing call? What? 4-on-4 time, but I don’t see why.

-John Marino takes away the puck from someone, Elvis gets a piece of the resulting shot, and it bounces in. If I wake up tomorrow and see in the news that Elvis murdered half the team, I would not be surprised in the slightest.

-It’s rather obvious that Elvis’s hand is hurting. We gotta get him out of there.

-Boone gets sent off for… something? and we give up a power play goal. 5-1 now. Time to shut her down.

-..not fun. Not fun at all.

Not sure why Devils fans were booing Gaudreau yesterday. He was never close to signing here. And Bratt is better right now at a $4.5M discount.
31 oct. 2022 à 12 h 12
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,982

There
aren’t many teams in the league right now looking for a shake up. Arizona wants futures, not a shakeup (what Toronto needs), can’t really deal with any Atlantic team, and a lot of the west is kinda set in stone. Except for the Sharks. Not just discussing them because they’re my team. Grier seems up for anything to improve the future of the team. So here’s a “smaller” trade that’s still noticeable and impactful. Not quite Kawhi sized.

For

Knies
SDA
Matt Murray
Kerfoot

IMO this is not a move that makes any real sense, as a Leaf fan I'd rather just trade a depth piece to get Magnus Hellberg from OTT once Talbot is healthy which looks soon cause no chance Hellberg clears waivers. I do agree they need a backup, Kallgren is not an NHL goalie.

The Leafs SHOULD have made their big 'core changing move" after the MTL series. It has been evident for a while they lack a killer instinct, it's the same issues year after year:
-playing down to their opponent
-not starting on time
-trying to outscore their problems
-committing to injury prone players
-lack of depth after the core 4

And the one guy you could trade, Nylander, is the only guy that actually shows up consistently in the playoffs. There is just too much that should have happened in the offseason that was so predictable:
-Not moving Muzzin (I don't want to hear it, if McDonagh could be traded so can Muzzin, even if it cost using a pick or asset he should have been moved)
-Bringing in another injury prone goalie where now we have to rely on our third stringer (who is not very good) to hold the fort, getting Murray was a mistake.
-I've taken heat for this one too but of all the guys they have let go in FA, bringing back Rielly was a mistake. For all the offence he brings he gives it all back defensively.
-Keeping Engvall/Kerfoot was a mistake (both a excellent defensively but bring nothing on offence and when the core 4 is struggling, you need better depth)

For me I really hope it's only a minor trade right now but Keefe and Dubas are a team, firing the coach is not going to solve this roster construction. Let them sink or swim and let the cards fall. If they fail, you blow it all up. New coach, new GM at the end of the season and pray to Jebus Matthews stays. If not, it's rebuild time.

I mean he’s only ever played top 6 with some 3rd line in SJS and his production and on ice play speak for themselves. He wouldn’t be returning to the Leafs as a hypothetical top6 forward (which was a prospect basically with the Leafs). He’d be returning with 50 points in 99 nhl games (1 point in 13 with the Leafs). If he reduce that to 49 in 86 that’s nearly a 0.60 for a 2.5m winger.

Yes, Keefe never gave Baranbanov a legit look, those mins went to Jumbo Joe and Vanilla Vesey.
Tintin a aimé ceci.
31 oct. 2022 à 12 h 14
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6,514
EH tries to isolate teammates, zone starts etc so it just means wright has been slightly above average at driving play offensively in a small sample size.
Screen-Shot-2022-10-31-at-11-26-58-AM">

I'm surprised Olofsson is so low, he has been really good in the last couple games. He wasn't good in the first couple so maybe that's why his numbers aren't great.

Cozens has been the best forward at EV strength. Just so much more dominant than last year, him and Peterka have been great.
31 oct. 2022 à 12 h 15
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: GarthBrooks
Iunno can’t explain Keefe’s rational with deployment. Plus doesn’t really look like Bunting’s working out anymore haha. I personally don’t want another smallish forward. I’d trade for Ferraro but you guys just signed him

Hahaha yeah they probably wouldn’t move Ferraro unless it was a major move (like Nylander (not saying they’re equals)). But the Sharks d core is weak as hell I’d argue Hertl and Ferraro are the untouchables in SJ unless the Sharks got irrefutable offers.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage