SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2022-23 NHL Season Discussion Thread #3: The Toronto Maple LTI's

30 oct. 2022 à 22 h 57
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 554
Quoting: aadoyle
The ironic thing is the depth showed up tonight. Marner on the other hand be making some lazy ass passes that lead to 2 of the 3 goals. The third man Kallgren let an easy one in.

Dont know why in practice it was done but not in the game but Matthews and Marner need to be split up

Problem is when u have so much cap tied up in 4 guys they need to be able to play together cause everyone else are bargain buys
30 oct. 2022 à 23 h 0
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,880
Quoting: GarthBrooks
Problem is when u have so much cap tied up in 4 guys they need to be able to play together cause everyone else are bargain buys

The thing was though the depth were the guys being good tonight. Marner though lead to 2 goals

Nylander made a good third line with Malgin and Robertson I honestly see that as a sticking point.

But keefe does not need to keep playing the duo together. Other teams split up their stars when things go stale yet Keefe doesnt want to

One game just one put Jarnkrok with Matthews and Marner with Tavares and see what happens. As Matthews has done well with guys like that
30 oct. 2022 à 23 h 4
The thing was though the depth were the guys being good tonight. Marner though lead to 2 goals

Nylander made a good third line with Malgin and Robertson I honestly see that as a sticking point.

But keefe does not need to keep playing the duo together. Other teams split up their stars when things go stale yet Keefe doesnt want to

One game just one put Jarnkrok with Matthews and Marner with Tavares and see what happens. As Matthews has done well with guys like that

Yea i dont get matthews right now hes getting pocket picked in the boards and in centre ice. He used to be the pocket picker now hes the pocket picked. Is it that teams have a book on him? He was never the fastest or had the best hands but he has the best shot in the league. Can that be game planned easier than Mcdavid's speed or hockey iq?
30 oct. 2022 à 23 h 5
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968
Zadorov for Nylander, make it happen
Sklikly a aimé ceci.
30 oct. 2022 à 23 h 5
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Alfie11
Zadorov for Nylander, make it happen

Its probs gonna be a 1st and maybe one prospect for Chycrun or its gonna be someone from SJS
30 oct. 2022 à 23 h 7
Hakuna Matata
Yea i dont get matthews right now hes getting pocket picked in the boards and in centre ice. He used to be the pocket picker now hes the pocket picked. Is it that teams have a book on him? He was never the fastest or had the best hands but he has the best shot in the league. Can that be game planned easier than Mcdavid's speed or hockey iq?

I think the magic of Matthews and Marner is gone and its time to split them up before they drag eachother down

Try someone else with Matthews

Jarnkrok, Kerfoot, Robertson, and allow Marner to go play with Tavares
30 oct. 2022 à 23 h 12
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,091
Quoting: MatthewsFan
I wish this was just a coaching issue

What do you think the issues are
30 oct. 2022 à 23 h 17
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Db1899

Either one of the big 4 decides im gonna be braindead, Matthews or the leafs best guy not looking interested, Keefe deciding not to play guys even when they are doing good, and we need Dman help. Thats about it rn. Like Robertson is playing 4th line mins despite the fact he lead to the Malgin goal.

As to me I think Holl needs a break and Sandin needs to go to third pairing

To me you stabilize that blue line and split up Matthews and Marner and get Matthews going things should smooth out.
30 oct. 2022 à 23 h 27
Either one of the big 4 decides im gonna be braindead, Matthews or the leafs best guy not looking interested, Keefe deciding not to play guys even when they are doing good, and we need Dman help. Thats about it rn. Like Robertson is playing 4th line mins despite the fact he lead to the Malgin goal.

As to me I think Holl needs a break and Sandin needs to go to third pairing

To me you stabilize that blue line and split up Matthews and Marner and get Matthews going things should smooth out.

Also Kallgren it was all fun and games last season but he was sub 900 last season and he's looking shaky again. Bring back hutch or coarse mcelhinney out of retirement
30 oct. 2022 à 23 h 28
KFTW
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 23,808
The leafs will never go anywhere till they make a trade where it’s like :

Marner/Nylander for top 4RD + young forward and come out of this deal saving like 5 mill that they can use on another player. So they lose 1 great player and end up with 3 good pieces.
30 oct. 2022 à 23 h 31
Hakuna Matata
Also Kallgren it was all fun and games last season but he was sub 900 last season and he's looking shaky again. Bring back hutch or coarse mcelhinney out of retirement

Kallgren wasnt the issue

Other than the Kulikov goal none of the others were his fault he kept them in and then Marner decides to gift Anaheim with 2 goals and momentum
30 oct. 2022 à 23 h 33
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: csick
The leafs will never go anywhere till they make a trade where it’s like :

Marner/Nylander for top 4RD + young forward and come out of this deal saving like 5 mill that they can use on another player. So they lose 1 great player and end up with 3 good pieces.

I would move Willy as at least Marner has other uses besides scoring (best pker we got)

Like when he PKs u can see it

5 on 5 the issue is Keefe shoves him with Matthews to much. Split them up whats wrong with Matthews on one line and Marner on another

Its like what Edmonton was doing with McDavid and Draisaitl over and over

Then again Muzzin's on LTIR so 5mill potentially available to use
30 oct. 2022 à 23 h 41
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,982
Quoting: Db1899

This

And possibly the worst collection of bottom 6 FWDs they’ve collected. There is literally no one good at driving play, creating offence (Malgin can).

Just an a very very poor roster construction
GarthBrooks et justaBoss a aimé ceci.
30 oct. 2022 à 23 h 50
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968
I would trade Lindholm and Andersson for Matthews tbh 👀
csick a aimé ceci.
31 oct. 2022 à 0 h 13
31 oct. 2022 à 0 h 29
Hakuna Matata

And remember when defense was an issue

Now its Offense
31 oct. 2022 à 1 h 31
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
I think that Nylander is probably the odd man out if a major trade is made. I'm not convinced that's the answer, but Marner and Tavares are not viable trade chips at their AAV/s. Dubas is in a real tough spot, just to get back to last year's level of play is gonna be a big challenge, and he really can't make a coaching change and keep his own job, right? My guess is, they stand firm and re-evaluate their situation at Thanksgiving time. I just can't see a blockbuster trade mid-season. That'd be a very difficult trade to win.
31 oct. 2022 à 2 h 8
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 31 oct. 2022 à 2 h 19
Quoting: Brian2016
I think that Nylander is probably the odd man out if a major trade is made. I'm not convinced that's the answer, but Marner and Tavares are not viable trade chips at their AAV/s. Dubas is in a real tough spot, just to get back to last year's level of play is gonna be a big challenge, and he really can't make a coaching change and keep his own job, right? My guess is, they stand firm and re-evaluate their situation at Thanksgiving time. I just can't see a blockbuster trade mid-season. That'd be a very difficult trade to win.

Marner is pretty viable to a team considering the caps going up and hes one of the best playmakers they would just take some deals to make the salary work. But its very select teams that can go get him
31 oct. 2022 à 3 h 54
Kansler
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 228
Marner is pretty viable to a team considering the caps going up and hes one of the best playmakers they would just take some deals to make the salary work. But its very select teams that can go get him

So basically it would start with an high-end defending RD and the one ready to play asset + picks/prospects and cap space?
How about Pulock+ Wahlstrom +(add necessary sweeteners)
31 oct. 2022 à 4 h 3
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: HelmutCool
So basically it would start with an high-end defending RD and the one ready to play asset + picks/prospects and cap space?
How about Pulock+ Wahlstrom +(add necessary sweeteners)

If Islanders do that I don't see why not but I would be shocked if they trade pulock
31 oct. 2022 à 4 h 7
Kansler
If Islanders do that I don't see why not but I would be shocked if they trade pulock

It certainly wouldnt be a Lou thing to do, but they seem to be one of the few teams not gutted in depth even if they would trade him.
31 oct. 2022 à 7 h 53
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 933
Quoting: HelmutCool
It certainly wouldnt be a Lou thing to do, but they seem to be one of the few teams not gutted in depth even if they would trade him.

I bet the Wild shop Dumba between now and TDL. They also have good prospects to include and a need at forward for another playmaker
31 oct. 2022 à 8 h 44
cautious optimism
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,753
Bobcat's Post-Game Notes, Game 9

Jackets lose, 4-0 against the Boston Bruins.

-After that agonizingly bad performance against the Coyotes, i sincerely hope we come out stronger this time around.

-Forecheck, Backcheck, Time for David Jiricek! Our top defensive prospect makes his NHL debut tonight! Give ‘em hell, Davey!

-First period seemed to be a snoozefest throughout. Matt Grzelcyk scored his first of the season 8 minutes in on a high glove-side wrister.

-We give up another shorty. UGH. Charlie Coyle capitalizes on a perfect screen from… Patrik Laine, and beats the King glove side.

-Jake DeBrusk scores his third goal on a massive breakaway. I swear, we’re playing like we don’t care.

-David Pastrnak made it 4-0, and I shut off the radio broadcast because the game was over from there.

-This game was a lot different from the Arizona game. In the Arizona game, we outshot them, won a majority of the faceoffs, even had a 4-on-3, and still lost big. Tonight, we got properly dominated by a world-beater Bruins squad. Even if we came out guns blazing, we still would have lost. The only similarity is that in both games, it looked like we didn’t give a sh*t until the game was out of reach.

-On the subject of not giving a sh*t, at what point do we question Brad Larsen’s job stability? I had my reserves about it after Arizona, but after tonight, I’m convinced our lack of success (and effort) is a coaching issue. I would love someone like Claude Julien or Joe Sacco to be the head coach, but I feel like it’s too early to kick Lars to the curb.

I know, this one’s a lot shorter than the last few, but bro, I am straight up not having a good time.
31 oct. 2022 à 8 h 45
cautious optimism
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,753
Quoting: Devil
FgWEpC8X0AIF8HJ?format=jpg&name=medium

Can't wait for Bobcat205 postgame notes

Quoting: A_Habs_fan
My condolences to Bobcat205

Well, here you go.

Bobcat’s Post Game Notes, Game 10

Jackets lose, 7-1 against the New Jersey Devils.

-A matinee matchup with a division rival before we go out to Europe. Hopefully this bad stretch of hockey is just saving our energy for a back-to-back against the reigning, defending Stanley Cup champions in a foreign land. I don't know what to believe.

-First period has been a snoozefest for the first 15 minutes of time off the clock. We certainly haven’t been making Elvis’s life easy, but he’s held very firm so far.

-Fabian Zetterlund takes a one-timer that blows by Elvis for his first goal of the year. If there’s anyone to blame here, it’s Redbeard for duffing the puck in the neutral zone, and his subsequent lack of effort on defense.

-Out of every team that I expected to boo Johnny Hockey every time he touches the puck, I did not expect the Devils to be one of them. Still mad about not getting him, huh?

-The Prudential Center is so dead that the posts are louder than I’ve ever heard them before.

-…David Jiricek puts in the bare minimum effort to stop Nico Hischier, and Nico scores.

-SEVENTEEN SECONDS LATER, Ryan Graves takes a harmless slap shot that blows by him, and all I can do is laugh to numb the pain. I’m losing it, doc.

-A beautiful pass from Cole Sillinger to Yegor Chinakhov puts us back to within two. Normally I’d be yelling about Jäegermeister mixed with an energy drink right now, but with what the score looks like right now, it would be very off-color.

-Mathieu Olivier starts a scrum to at least try to show SOME life, but nothing comes of it.

-Laine gives up the puck, Tomas Tatar all alone, but Gavi comes back from behind and diffuses the situation like a pro. This is why I love him.

-Nyquist has his head so far up his *ss it’s coming out the top again. What is this defensive effort? This is why I want him gone at the deadline, if not earlier.

-John Marino trips up Boone Jenner and gets sent to the Box. Here’s where we give up a shorty.

-…We did even worse. We had two minutes where we had more men than the other team, and didn’t register a SINGLE shot on goal.

-Nathan Bastian slashes Elvis, and the ENTIRE team descends upon him to kick his *ss (and rightfully so). By the end, Bastian gets sent off for slashing, and… Elvis gets a roughing call? What? 4-on-4 time, but I don’t see why.

-John Marino takes away the puck from someone, Elvis gets a piece of the resulting shot, and it bounces in. If I wake up tomorrow and see in the news that Elvis murdered half the team, I would not be surprised in the slightest.

-It’s rather obvious that Elvis’s hand is hurting. We gotta get him out of there.

-Boone gets sent off for… something? and we give up a power play goal. 5-1 now. Time to shut her down.

-..not fun. Not fun at all.
BuFfaLOFaN, Tintin et Devil a aimé ceci.
31 oct. 2022 à 9 h 21
Kansler
Quoting: Bobcat205
Well, here you go.

-A matinee matchup with a division rival before we go out to Europe. Hopefully this bad stretch of hockey is just saving our energy for a back-to-back against the reigning, defending Stanley Cup champions in a foreign land. I don't know what to believe.

-First period has been a snoozefest for the first 15 minutes of time off the clock. We certainly haven’t been making Elvis’s life easy, but he’s held very firm so far.

-Fabian Zetterlund takes a one-timer that blows by Elvis for his first goal of the year. If there’s anyone to blame here, it’s Redbeard for duffing the puck in the neutral zone, and his subsequent lack of effort on defense.

-Out of every team that I expected to boo Johnny Hockey every time he touches the puck, I did not expect the Devils to be one of them. Still mad about not getting him, huh?

-The Prudential Center is so dead that the posts are louder than I’ve ever heard them before.

-…David Jiricek puts in the bare minimum effort to stop Nico Hischier, and Nico scores.

-SEVENTEEN SECONDS LATER, Ryan Graves takes a harmless slap shot that blows by him, and all I can do is laugh to numb the pain. I’m losing it, doc.

-A beautiful pass from Cole Sillinger to Yegor Chinakhov puts us back to within two. Normally I’d be yelling about Jäegermeister mixed with an energy drink right now, but with what the score looks like right now, it would be very off-color.

-Mathieu Olivier starts a scrum to at least try to show SOME life, but nothing comes of it.

-Laine gives up the puck, Tomas Tatar all alone, but Gavi comes back from behind and diffuses the situation like a pro. This is why I love him.

-Nyquist has his head so far up his *ss it’s coming out the top again. What is this defensive effort? This is why I want him gone at the deadline, if not earlier.

-John Marino trips up Boone Jenner and gets sent to the Box. Here’s where we give up a shorty.

-…We did even worse. We had two minutes where we had more men than the other team, and didn’t register a SINGLE shot on goal.

-Nathan Bastian slashes Elvis, and the ENTIRE team descends upon him to kick his *ss (and rightfully so). By the end, Bastian gets sent off for slashing, and… Elvis gets a roughing call? What? 4-on-4 time, but I don’t see why.

-John Marino takes away the puck from someone, Elvis gets a piece of the resulting shot, and it bounces in. If I wake up tomorrow and see in the news that Elvis murdered half the team, I would not be surprised in the slightest.

-It’s rather obvious that Elvis’s hand is hurting. We gotta get him out of there.

-Boone gets sent off for… something? and we give up a power play goal. 5-1 now. Time to shut her down.

Quoting: Bobcat205
Well, here you go.

Watched that game as well Bobcat. It was a total s***show. No effort, no idea, lots of mistakes.
capsfan2121, Bobcat205 et BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage