SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-2022 NHL Offseason Discussion Thread #12 - On The Links

9 sept. 2022 à 18 h 16
retired
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,761
Quoting: Zuki9797
yeah if hes still on the market then theres a chance. but you also have to consider that MTL needs a starter stopgap now that price is gone for a while and montembeault is nothing more than a backup. so if VGK is kicking tires then its probably gotta be brossoit/hill and something for allen half retained

if a trade is done i think the habs do well. not dom bragging about it well but well enough that it's worth it to the habs to roll with what left of their goaltending.
zk97 a aimé ceci.
9 sept. 2022 à 18 h 34
v5 Minnesota GM
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 4,684
Quoting: DirtyDangle
if a trade is done i think the habs do well. not dom bragging about it well but well enough that it's worth it to the habs to roll with what left of their goaltending.

Excuse me.
9 sept. 2022 à 18 h 35
v5 Minnesota GM
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 4,684
Quoting: DucharmetheDOMinator
Excuse me.

I'm used as a meme here or what?
DirtyDangle a aimé ceci.
9 sept. 2022 à 18 h 35
retired
Excuse me.

i wouldnt expect 1st's
A_Habs_fan, Saskleaf et Devil a aimé ceci.
9 sept. 2022 à 18 h 38
retired
I'm used as a meme here or what?

lil bit but i actually enjoy your posts.
9 sept. 2022 à 18 h 58
do not Devil my ass
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,259
nvm
9 sept. 2022 à 19 h 11
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,449
Quoting: DirtyDangle
id imagine vegas is at least kicking tires. allen makes a lot of sense if the habs will part with him.

Didn't they just acquire Adin Hill?
DirtyDangle, Saskleaf, yikes and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
9 sept. 2022 à 19 h 13
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,386
Quoting: justaBoss

Vegas has no need for more goalies, they have Hill and Thompson ( plus Broissoit and Lehner on LTIR you’d assume )
Saskleaf et yikes a aimé ceci.
9 sept. 2022 à 19 h 15
retired
Quoting: justaBoss

i completely forgot about that.
capsfan2121, justaBoss, Saskleaf and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
9 sept. 2022 à 19 h 35
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,966
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Vegas has no need for more goalies, they have Hill and Thompson ( plus Broissoit and Lehner on LTIR you’d assume )

Yep

Now a team needing a goalie rn is Philly
9 sept. 2022 à 19 h 39
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: aadoyle
So new PTO's

De-Haan: Carolina

ZAR: Toronto

DeKeyser: Vancouver

Scott Harrington: San Jose

Beaulieu: Anaheim Ducks
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
9 sept. 2022 à 19 h 50
Go leafs go
Mentions "j'aime": 9,193
A bottom 6 thats boring but also annoying

Just imagine having to deal with a 4th line of

ZAR-Kampf-Kubel

Would be lucky to come out not battered and bruised or heck take a penalty out of frustration for them shutting you down lul

As for the third line Ive been pondering

Engvall-Jarnkrok-Nylander

As with it you got 3 guys who bring something different to the table. Issue then comes with who plays with JT

But either way I like the bottom 6. Last season Mikheyev figured things out and was the guy to score when needed. Got a feeling this year that guy's gonna be Engvall but who knows maybe Gaudette rebounds into 2019-2020 form

That’s a pretty great 3rd line honestly. I don’t see how that would be the 4th line though, because even though you keep saying you want a Swedish 3rd line of Engvall-Jarkrok-Nylander, but I can’t for the life of me understand why. Who plays on the second line if this happens? Robertson and Gaudette? Because that’s a terrible idea in my opinion. Do they trade Muzzin and go with Robertson and Kerfoot as the wingers? That’s not a terrible idea but I highly doubt anyone is going to want Muzz right now and I think he’s going to stay.

Here's my big bold prediction

Top 6 LW help is gonna come from within

As to which prospect its gonna be thats where the fun comes in as I think its gonna be someone other than Knies or Robertson as to which guy no idea rn

But it just seems like one of those someone's coming out of no where kinds of seasons

I hope you are right, but they shouldn’t bet on this happening just in case it doesn’t.
9 sept. 2022 à 19 h 56
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Saskleaf
That’s a pretty great 3rd line honestly. I don’t see how that would be the 4th line though, because even though you keep saying you want a Swedish 3rd line of Engvall-Jarkrok-Nylander, but I can’t for the life of me understand why. Who plays on the second line if this happens? Robertson and Gaudette? Because that’s a terrible idea in my opinion. Do they trade Muzzin and go with Robertson and Kerfoot as the wingers? That’s not a terrible idea but I highly doubt anyone is going to want Muzz right now and I think he’s going to stay.

I hope you are right, but they shouldn’t bet on this happening just in case it doesn’t.

This is just be spit balling but

Bunting-Matthews-Marner
Robertson-Tavares-Milano (If both Kerfoot and Holl moved)
ZAR-Kampf-Kubel
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
9 sept. 2022 à 19 h 57
Go leafs go
This is just be spit balling but

Bunting-Matthews-Marner
Robertson-Tavares-Milano (If both Kerfoot and Holl moved)
ZAR-Kampf-Kubel

I don’t hate it, but I feel like that second line would be on the weaker side unless one of Robertson/Milano breaks out.
9 sept. 2022 à 19 h 59
Hakuna Matata
I don’t hate it, but I feel like that second line would be on the weaker side unless one of Robertson/Milano breaks out.

I mean Milano already technically broke out but people say it was thanks to Zegras which is a 50/50 statement. If he can prove it wasnt and produce like he did last year then he would put those talks to bed and bring up new ones lul
zk97 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
9 sept. 2022 à 20 h 31
Go leafs go
I mean Milano already technically broke out but people say it was thanks to Zegras which is a 50/50 statement. If he can prove it wasnt and produce like he did last year then he would put those talks to bed and bring up new ones lul

Ya I guess. He’s not at Nylander level though.
9 sept. 2022 à 20 h 52
Hakuna Matata
Ya I guess. He’s not at Nylander level though.

Not many guys are. But in general Mikheyev was able to get to top 6 dont see why Milano cant
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
9 sept. 2022 à 21 h 19
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,828

Ah, and another year is right around the corner.
A_Habs_fan, zk97, Saskleaf and 2 others a aimé ceci.
9 sept. 2022 à 21 h 22
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,386
Quoting: yikes

I need to visit that restaurant now, #1 in my books
zk97 a aimé ceci.
9 sept. 2022 à 21 h 25
retired

if the leafs go all in and murray doesnt get injured/suck they have a decent shot. i just don't trust dubas to go all in and go for the right players.
9 sept. 2022 à 21 h 59
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 9 sept. 2022 à 22 h 19

Other fanbases complain Leafs get to much attention

Proceed to do this

Me:

FMAVRGCWYAMAjMz?format=jpg&name=large

Also why is a restaurant in BC using 2 other teams rather than the Canucks..... Like support the local team not 2 teams on the other side of Canada lul
10 sept. 2022 à 1 h 2
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968
100% it is a very boring bottom 6, but honestly that is kind of what you want in a bottom 6. If they can score a few goals and let in less goals then they score, then they will be doing their job.

The biggest hole is top 6 on the left. If they keep Kerfoot, fine, but all signs are pointing towards him being traded. If he is traded, he needs to be replaced. Robertson might fill that role, but I don’t think it’s smart to rely on him. Ideally you trade Kerfoot for a cheaper forward who can play on the second line.

The whole point is they can’t lol. None of these guys have ever sniffed 20 goals. The Blues had 3 20+ goal guys in their bottom six last year. And 6 in their top 6, which is 1 more than Toronto projects to have next year as well. And they were only a second round team with that depth. Teams aren’t successful in the playoffs without solid depth scoring. Just look at Tampa Bay, who has famously had a dominant 3rd line every cup run (and usually a fairly impactful 4th liner like Joseph or Colton). Or Colorado, who got key goals from guys like Compher and Lehkonen. Or Washington, who had DSP catch fire when they won the cup and Eller contributing 7 goals on that run as well. With depth like Toronto’s, you’re banking on an inexplicable hot streak, preferably from at least 2 or 3 guys, at the perfect time of year. It’s just so unlikely to happen.
10 sept. 2022 à 3 h 59
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 10 sept. 2022 à 4 h 5
Quoting: MatthewsFan

Facts!

I love the addition of Zach Aston-Reese but secondary scoring has plagued this team against CLB, MTL, and TBL.

That needs to get addressed. I’m confident that the bottom six will defend and not get scored on but it is going to be a mighty struggle for them to create offence

Fully expect the new additions point total records to be broken as it just almost always seems to happen

Kampf was probs the funniest example

Wouldn't be surprised if Jarnkrok hits 20 goals
10 sept. 2022 à 9 h 22
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 952
Fully expect the new additions point total records to be broken as it just almost always seems to happen

Kampf was probs the funniest example

Wouldn't be surprised if Jarnkrok hits 20 goals

Does Kampf have to hyphenate his last name to fit in that line? It will look like there are 5 guys playing on that line; and based on playing styles it will probably feel that way to the other team.
10 sept. 2022 à 12 h 22
Go leafs go
Not many guys are. But in general Mikheyev was able to get to top 6 dont see why Milano cant

Mikheyev didn’t really play in the top 6 though…

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage