SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-2022 NHL Offseason Discussion Thread #11 - Will Lamoriello ever announce Kadri's signing?

20 août 2022 à 21 h 27
Démarrer sujet
Farewell
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,225
Quoting: Saskleaf
Hi guys. Hope you are all doing well. Funny how whenever I’m gone all the exciting stuff happens: first the Tkachuk trade and now this. Kind of annoying lol.

Just wanted to say I’ll probably be on here less from now on. I just feel like I waste way too much time on here. I just feel like there are more productive or useful things that I should be doing, or I should be reading my bible instead of going on here. So I’ll be on here a lot less from now on. Also when school starts up I feel like I need to concentrate more on that too.

So to be clear, this is not goodbye like it will be for PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188 (which by the way, we’ll miss you dude. You’ve always been one of the most levelheaded people on here and it has been great chatting with you). I’ll still be around. I just will be posting a lot less. I still think this is a great community for discussing hockey, and whenever I want to discuss something hockey related I’ll come back.

Awwww...Thanks dude, appreciate it. You're not so bad yourself, BTW, especially for a Leafs fan 😜

Godspeed
Saskleaf et zk97 a aimé ceci.
20 août 2022 à 21 h 33
Démarrer sujet
Farewell
Quoting: Devil
Fae_7IsXoAEECXq?format=jpg&name=medium

PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188

LOL, yes I saw this, but then he did an interview with NHL.com in which he clarified what he meant:

"The Tampa Bay Lightning’s incredible 2021 Stanley Cup run gave Ross Colton his first Stanley Cup in just his first try, however it wasn’t the rookie’s first time at a Stanley Cup Final. The New Jersey native grew up a huge fan of the New Jersey Devils, and in speaking with NJ.com’s Ryan Novozinsky, discussed his fandom, which included attending every home game of the Devils’ 2012 run to the Stanley Cup Finals. When approached with the idea of playing for his hometown team one day, Colton said “[t]hat would obviously be so cool.”

As much as the prospect of a New Jersey native and Devils fan playing for the team would be, Colton did pump the brakes on the narrative a bit when speaking to NHL.com’s Adam Kimelman, saying he would like to spend his entire career with Tampa Bay, but acknowledged the business-end of the sport, with players needing to be paid and teams having to conform to the salary cap." -ProHockeyRumors.com
Devil a aimé ceci.
20 août 2022 à 21 h 34
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,192
Quoting: PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188
Awwww...Thanks dude, appreciate it. You're not so bad yourself, BTW, especially for a Leafs fan 😜

Godspeed

Leafs fans are usually pretty annoying lol.
20 août 2022 à 21 h 38
Démarrer sujet
Farewell

Mainly in the ACGM's though, the ones here in the season discussion threads (you, aadoyle, LeafsFanForSomeReason, MatthewsFan, MitchMarner16) are good.
zk97, Saskleaf et Tintin a aimé ceci.
20 août 2022 à 23 h 3
Go leafs go
Mainly in the ACGM's though, the ones here in the season discussion threads (you, aadoyle, LeafsFanForSomeReason, MatthewsFan, MitchMarner16) are good.

Ya, I agree.

Speaking of @MitchMarner_16 , haven’t seen him around in ages.
zk97, Juiceman et MitchMarner_16 a aimé ceci.
20 août 2022 à 23 h 7
Ex Nucks fan
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 17,624

The problem is there are a lot of them and they all are the exact same (except for a select few like you)
Saskleaf et DirtyDangle a aimé ceci.
20 août 2022 à 23 h 29
Go leafs go
Quoting: Juiceman
The problem is there are a lot of them and they all are the exact same (except for a select few like you)

Ya. Like the majority of ACGM and twitter leafs fans are insane.
Juiceman et zk97 a aimé ceci.
20 août 2022 à 23 h 35
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,436
LOL, yes I saw this, but then he did an interview with NHL.com in which he clarified what he meant:

"The Tampa Bay Lightning’s incredible 2021 Stanley Cup run gave Ross Colton his first Stanley Cup in just his first try, however it wasn’t the rookie’s first time at a Stanley Cup Final. The New Jersey native grew up a huge fan of the New Jersey Devils, and in speaking with NJ.com’s Ryan Novozinsky, discussed his fandom, which included attending every home game of the Devils’ 2012 run to the Stanley Cup Finals. When approached with the idea of playing for his hometown team one day, Colton said “[t]hat would obviously be so cool.”

As much as the prospect of a New Jersey native and Devils fan playing for the team would be, Colton did pump the brakes on the narrative a bit when speaking to NHL.com’s Adam Kimelman, saying he would like to spend his entire career with Tampa Bay, but acknowledged the business-end of the sport, with players needing to be paid and teams having to conform to the salary cap." -ProHockeyRumors.com

Hypotheically, if Ross Colton priced himself out next summer, what would a Colton to NJ trade look like?
csick a aimé ceci.
20 août 2022 à 23 h 37
KFTW
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 23,957
Hypotheically, if Ross Colton priced himself out next summer, what would a Colton to NJ trade look like?

Zetterlund or Gritsyuk maybe . Or Walsh? And possible 2nd rounders ? Idk
Devil a aimé ceci.
20 août 2022 à 23 h 41
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,954

Depends on if its a sign and trade or just a trade as honestly what Calgary and Florida did might have opened the door for more NBA style trades in the NHL where the team who currently owns the player signs the RFA then trades him to his new team to get more out of it. That way the 8th year can finally be used properly
csick et Devil a aimé ceci.
21 août 2022 à 1 h 10
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,436
Quoting: csick

I was thinking something along the lines of Nolan Foote+

Former Bolt joins his brother in Tampa. ELC Adds to their weak bottom 6.
21 août 2022 à 1 h 18
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968
Quoting: aadoyle
Depends on if its a sign and trade or just a trade as honestly what Calgary and Florida did might have opened the door for more NBA style trades in the NHL where the team who currently owns the player signs the RFA then trades him to his new team to get more out of it. That way the 8th year can finally be used properly

the only way ross colton gets 8 years is if tampa gives it to him to keep his aav at like 3.5, the nhl as a whole needs to stop giving 3rd liners 8 years lmao
21 août 2022 à 2 h 8
Démarrer sujet
Farewell

I would think one of Walsh/Foote would have to be included. Probably something like Walsh/Foote+2nd?
Devil et csick a aimé ceci.
21 août 2022 à 2 h 32
v5 Minnesota GM
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 4,684
Hi guys. Hope you are all doing well. Funny how whenever I’m gone all the exciting stuff happens: first the Tkachuk trade and now this. Kind of annoying lol.

Just wanted to say I’ll probably be on here less from now on. I just feel like I waste way too much time on here. I just feel like there are more productive or useful things that I should be doing, or I should be reading my bible instead of going on here. So I’ll be on here a lot less from now on. Also when school starts up I feel like I need to concentrate more on that too.

So to be clear, this is not goodbye like it will be for PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188 (which by the way, we’ll miss you dude. You’ve always been one of the most levelheaded people on here and it has been great chatting with you). I’ll still be around. I just will be posting a lot less. I still think this is a great community for discussing hockey, and whenever I want to discuss something hockey related I’ll come back.

One of the only ones who has yet to call me biased or crazy
A leafs fan no less
😢😭
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
21 août 2022 à 10 h 58
Go leafs go
Quoting: DucharmetheDOMinator
One of the only ones who has yet to call me biased or crazy
A leafs fan no less
😢😭

Haha I mean most of the time I think your takes are very reasonable.

When they aren’t reasonable I just ignore them (unless they are about the leads haha).
DucharmetheDOMinator a aimé ceci.
21 août 2022 à 12 h 25
do not Devil my ass
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,256
I would think one of Walsh/Foote would have to be included. Probably something like Walsh/Foote+2nd?

I was thinking something along the lines of Nolan Foote+

Former Bolt joins his brother in Tampa. ELC Adds to their weak bottom 6.

Preferably a D prospect over a forward as it is getting rather crowded on the back end with Mukhammadulin, Okhotiuk, Bahl and Walsh all looking to make the NHL full time in the near future.
Wouldn’t really want to add much of anything on top of the prospect going back to Tampa.

Quoting: csick

If the ask includes any of Zetterlund or Gritsyuk, the Devils should steer far clear. You don’t trade those kinda guys for a middle-sixer you are not in a rush to bring in.
21 août 2022 à 12 h 35
v5 Minnesota GM
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 4,684
Quoting: Tintin
Preferably a D prospect over a forward as it is getting rather crowded on the back end with Mukhammadulin, Okhotiuk, Bahl and Walsh all looking to make the NHL full time in the near future.
Wouldn’t really want to add much of anything on top of the prospect going back to Tampa.

If the ask includes any of Zetterlund or Gritsyuk, the Devils should steer far clear. You don’t trade those kinda guys for a middle-sixer you are not in a rush to bring in.

He's a bottom 6er
21 août 2022 à 12 h 53
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 952
Is Philip Tomasino the biggest forward sleeper going into this season?

There is just about zero buzz about him. Even in so called sleeper articles.

Nashville is a solid team. With their top line of Forsberg-Johansen-Duchene and the HERD line of Jeannot-Trenin-Sissons that leaves Niederreiter-Granlund with an open wing spot.

While it's easy to think Tolvanen slots in there I really think Tomasino is the better option.

Anyone have any insight?
yikes et zk97 a aimé ceci.
21 août 2022 à 12 h 58
Démarrer sujet
Farewell
Modifié 21 août 2022 à 13 h 3
Quoting: HockeyScotty

Nashville is a solid team. With their top line of Forsberg-Johansen-Duchene and the HERD line of Jeannot-Trenin-Sissons that leaves Niederreiter-Granlund with an open wing spot.

While it's easy to think Tolvanen slots in there I really think Tomasino is the better option.

Anyone have any insight?

I'd actually take Tolvanen over Tomasino. Higher ceiling in my mind.

Biggest forward sleepers in my mind (that I see going way later in fantasy mock drafts than they should be) are Bratt, Nichushkin, Jarvis, Colton, Podkolzin, and if you're counting rookies, Kuzmenko and Beniers.
BigBallsBriere a aimé ceci.
21 août 2022 à 13 h 10
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,096

Anyone have any insight?

Forsberg and Duchene are pretty much guaranteed to regress , I wouldn’t be surprised if a nino-granlund-tomasino line gets equal ice time.
zk97 a aimé ceci.
21 août 2022 à 13 h 26
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,828

Anyone have any insight?

Sleeper prospect from the same team;

Luke Evangelista - I’d honestly consider him over both those guys. Not an NHL player yet but is a massive sleeper prospect you don’t see mentioned often.
21 août 2022 à 15 h 28
Lou didn’t want to move Beauvillier for a 3rd and he also didn’t want to give up a 1st to get rid of Josh Bailey . Should’ve sold at the deadline Lou!

csick et zk97 a aimé ceci.
21 août 2022 à 15 h 59
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,686
Haha

Hey I just read your "resignation" post. Good luck with new endeavours and spending your time wisely. I'll miss your thoughtful insights. Stay in touch.

Hal (aka PalHal)
Saskleaf et zk97 a aimé ceci.
21 août 2022 à 16 h 1
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,954
Quoting: Db1899
Lou didn’t want to move Beauvillier for a 3rd and he also didn’t want to give up a 1st to get rid of Josh Bailey . Should’ve sold at the deadline Lou!

Lou plays it to safe sometimes and from Toronto to NYI the opportunities he passed up on really came back to haunt them
csick a aimé ceci.
21 août 2022 à 17 h 13
Quoting: aadoyle
Lou plays it to safe sometimes and from Toronto to NYI the opportunities he passed up on really came back to haunt them

Lou is just extremely stubborn - Varlamov , Mayfield, and Bailey should have been traded before the deadline. Clutterbuck should have been replaced with a player on a league minimum contract. Bury Martin and Johnston in the AHL. He didn’t even make an offer for Fiala who was the perfect fit for the isles - a 1st , two 2nds and Dufour could have gotten that done.

Isles lineup could have been

Fiala-Barzal-Wahlstrom
Lee-Nelson-Beauvillier
Pageau-Raty-Palmieri
Parise-Cizikas-UFA

Pelech-Pulock
Mike Reilly-Dobson
Salo- UFA

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option