SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-22 NHL Discussion Thread #16

27 févr. 2022 à 19 h 25
v5 Minnesota GM
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 4,684
Quoting: SevenLeg
It's probably because he drafted Mailloux, but apparently the only guy who didn't want him is the newly appointed AGM.

Who is that?
Lecavalier?
27 févr. 2022 à 19 h 26
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,496
Quoting: DucharmetheDOMinator
Who is that?
Lecavalier?

No the other guy from legal affairs. Gonna have to look up his name.

Edit : John Sedgwick
DucharmetheDOMinator a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2022 à 19 h 31
v5 Minnesota GM
No the other guy from legal affairs. Gonna have to look up his name.

Edit : John Sedgwick

You have a link for me?
27 févr. 2022 à 19 h 41
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,273
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
66tq8z.jpg

If you read my comments further down the thread (instead of just the first one), I said he's a guy you need to win cups because he's a very good depth piece. It's not a good contract to have when you're looking to rebuild. Completely different mindset based on hindsight.
27 févr. 2022 à 20 h 5
Hop on the Slaftrain
You have a link for me?

here
DucharmetheDOMinator a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2022 à 20 h 8
v5 Minnesota GM

Thanks!
Mailloux probably out 👀 .
Now Even more of a need for 1 of nemec or jiricek,
27 févr. 2022 à 20 h 8
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,974
Had this idea since Montreal having interest in Samsonov came out a week or so ago.

With Washington needing an experienced backup to help one of the youngsters and having interest in Lehkonen could we see a trade where

Allen + Lehkonen go to Montreal and Samsonov + pick or something go the other way. Dont think Washington is moving Vanacek as they did pay a 2nd to get him back from Seattle.
27 févr. 2022 à 20 h 10
v5 Minnesota GM
Quoting: aadoyle
Had this idea for a while

With Washington needing an experienced backup to help one of the youngsters and having interest in Lehkonen could we see a trade where

Allen + Lehkonen go to Montreal and Samsonov + pick or something go the other way. Dont think Washington is moving Vanacek as they did pay a 2nd to get him back from Seattle.

To me,
Allen + 3rd = Samsonov
Lehkonen is not leaving unless overpay. Which means equivalent of 1st + 3rd.
Lehky = Iorio + 2nd + 4th.

All in all

Allen + Lehkonen + 3rd for Samsonov + Iorio + 2nd
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2022 à 20 h 19
Démarrer sujet
cautious optimism
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,753
Man, this game is getting super duper chippy. Lots of big checks back and forth. Fun.
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2022 à 20 h 22
Démarrer sujet
cautious optimism
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2022 à 20 h 33
Démarrer sujet
cautious optimism
a32.jpg

THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME THE REFS F*CKED US IN A PENS GAME
A_Habs_fan et capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2022 à 20 h 45
Démarrer sujet
cautious optimism
Bobcat’s Post Game Notes, Game 53

Jackets lose, 3-2 against the Pittsburgh Penguins.

-I was complaining earlier about Chinakhov being scratched, but really I’m beginning to turn a corner on Danforth. I still don’t like him (I think his upside is AHL top 6er) but I understand that he fits that 4th line that Lars is trying to make (I would have made it more speed oriented myself).

-My dad described the pairing of Gavin Bayreuther and Gabriel Carlsson as “a dumpster fire waiting to spread”. All in all, they didn’t look too bad.

-Ollie scores his 17th goal on the year and 100th career NHL goal! 100 more than I’ll ever get.

-We looked like we were going to hold out and win, but then we had to mess it up and let Angry Geno become score and tie the game up.

-THAT GOAL. Sidney Crosby BLATANTLY drives through Elvis to make him drop the puck and give him one of the easiest goals he’s ever scored. THEY CALLED IT “GOALTENDER-INSTIGATED CONTACT”. BULL. F*CKING. SH*T. I know Rosie was right there on his *ss but Crosby was gonna go that direction and run into Elvis anyway, so don’t even come for me with that excuse.

-And then after that Voracek gets sent off for unsportsmanlike conduct, and I’ll assume that that was BS too since Bob didn’t specify what exactly Jake did.

UGH.
27 févr. 2022 à 20 h 59
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,449
With some non-Russian teams leaving the KHL (Jokerit, Dinamo Riga), is it possible that we see a newly created Pan-European league made of teams of all around the continent?

Would love that, but I don't think there's enough money circulating between these teams.

In order for no-Russian teams in KHL to work, they mostly had to have been owned by a Russian Oligarchs. This happened with Jokerit too, as a majority of the team and it's arena was sold to oligarchs.

Some reports said that Jokerit had a net loss of $15-20 million per season. No one but extremely rich men could've sustained such losses on a yearly basis.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Jokerit now as it's still owned by Russians, but no-one in Finland has desire to play for anywhere near KHL anymore, and both the head coach and players have already started to move elsewhere.

This might have been the end of the whole organisation, which sucks because I've been their fan since I was a kid. Leaving Liiga in the first place was the worst mistake they could've done.
capsfan2121, DucharmetheDOMinator, SevenLeg and 2 others a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2022 à 21 h 11
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,097

zk97 et capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2022 à 21 h 16
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: justaBoss
Would love that, but I don't think there's enough money circulating between these teams.

In order for no-Russian teams in KHL to work, they mostly had to have been owned by a Russian Oligarchs. This happened with Jokerit too, as a majority of the team and it's arena was sold to oligarchs.

Some reports said that Jokerit had a net loss of $15-20 million per season. No one but extremely rich men could've sustained such losses on a yearly basis.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Jokerit now as it's still owned by Russians, but no-one in Finland has desire to play for anywhere near KHL anymore, and both the head coach and players have already started to move elsewhere.

This might have been the end of the whole organisation, which sucks because I've been their fan since I was a kid. Leaving Liiga in the first place was the worst mistake they could've done.

Imagine if the KHL, SHL and Liiga combined into a super league that rivaled the NHL

Unrealistic but would be pretty cool not gonna lie.

Then you could have NHL vs. KSLHL during the summer or something for bragging rights.
27 févr. 2022 à 21 h 18
v5 Minnesota GM
Imagine if the KHL, SHL and Liiga combined into a super league that rivaled the NHL

Unrealistic but would be pretty cool not gonna lie.

Then you could have NHL vs. KSLHL during the summer or something for bragging rights.

That would be sick.
Unlikely to the hilt though.
aadoyle a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2022 à 21 h 19
Hakuna Matata
That would be sick.
Unlikely to the hilt though.

I have seen the NHL challange non NHL teams during the preseason

Flyers were the last team to do it

Spoiler they lost lul
DucharmetheDOMinator, capsfan2121, zk97 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2022 à 21 h 27
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,194
Quoting: A_Habs_fan

Makes total sense, they represent Russia as a country and Russia has been well… Russia

It seems harsh to punish 18-20 years old that have nothing to do with the war on one hand, but at the same time Russias actions have been inexcusable. Moving the WJC and it of Russia is absolutely the right thing to do, however.
27 févr. 2022 à 21 h 30
v5 Minnesota GM
I have seen the NHL challange non NHL teams during the preseason

Flyers were the last team to do it

Spoiler they lost lul

I watched to before you edited it 👅
That can be done, but not over the course of the year.
27 févr. 2022 à 21 h 31
v5 Minnesota GM
Quoting: Saskleaf
It seems harsh to punish 18-20 years old that have nothing to do with the war on one hand, but at the same time Russias actions have been inexcusable. Moving the WJC and it of Russia is absolutely the right thing to do, however.

They're repping Russia, so it makes sense. That's why nhl players aren't banned.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2022 à 21 h 31
Hop on the Slaftrain

I understand if the measures apply against anything representing Russia at the international level, whether it's the WJC, the Olympics, the Eurovision or anything. As long as it doesn't affect Russian citizens/expats not representing their country I'm okay with it.
Saskleaf et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2022 à 21 h 35
v5 Minnesota GM

No more watching bedard vs. Michkov waaa
Saskleaf et zk97 a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2022 à 21 h 35
Hakuna Matata
I watched to before you edited it 👅
That can be done, but not over the course of the year.

Do it after the playoffs. So in the summer or something (August maybe)

Basically every year 3 random NHL teams take on a random KHL team, SHL team and Liiga team

Could be fun as imagine SKA vs. Tampa or Rogle vs. Edmonton, heck even Poleaxe vs. Colorado.
DucharmetheDOMinator et zk97 a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2022 à 21 h 36
v5 Minnesota GM
Do it after the playoffs. So in the summer or something (August maybe)

Basically every year 3 random NHL teams take on a random KHL team, SHL team and Liiga team

Could be fun as imagine SKA vs. Tampa or Rogle vs. Edmonton, heck even Poleaxe vs. Colorado.

Gary won't allow it, I bet.
zk97 a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2022 à 21 h 37
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,386

I understand if the measures apply against anything representing Russia at the international level, whether it's the WJC, the Olympics, the Eurovision or anything. As long as it doesn't affect Russian citizens/expats not representing their country I'm okay with it.

Yep, exactly what SevenLeg said, while the players don’t outright shouldn’t be punished, you also have to take in account that they’re representing Russia in those events and do you want “Russia” as a participant right now?
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage