SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021/22 NHL Season Discussion thread #3

2 nov. 2021 à 11 h 46
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6,514
Quoting: MitchMarner_16
Im not saying he can't dress up as it! That's not what im saying at all! theres no human right that says "thou is entitled to life without being offended"

Im just simply saying given the atrocities they've committed in afghanistan (which are not to be joked about), i personally wouldn't want to affiliate myself with such a group, whether its a joke or not!

Perhaps offensive was the wrong word to use on my part. Maybe more so im thinking it wasnt the most mature thing in the world to affiliate yourself with such an evil group. But like you said, halloween is a night to impersonate evil beings, most of which are made up, and not a real threat to real people's lives. That's all! I just dont think its the most appropriate costume given the current circumstances, but to each their own! Thats his opinion, hes an adult he made the choice, and I wouldnt have come to the same conclusion.

I wouldn't have worn it but I just don't like when things like this are taken beyond, not the best decision, like it doesn't make Chicago look bad like the tweet said and Chicago probably won't care much about it either. I definitely think it's a bit of a far out there costume.
MitchMarner_16, AndrewLadd, yikes and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
2 nov. 2021 à 11 h 48
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,077
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
I wouldn't have worn it but I just don't like when things like this are taken beyond, not the best decision, like it doesn't make Chicago look bad like the tweet said and Chicago probably won't care much about it either. I definitely think it's a bit of a far out there costume.

Definitely agree, dont think it makes chicago look bad
A_Habs_fan et yikes a aimé ceci.
2 nov. 2021 à 11 h 49
SHL NJD GM
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,440
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN

Oh yeah, Chicago definitely doesn't care and he doesn't either. It is a questionable costume to wear
capsfan2121 et BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
2 nov. 2021 à 12 h 2
Jinx god
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 13,730
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Dallas still has 3 wins though and a .438 point%

For now…
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
2 nov. 2021 à 12 h 6
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,506
Romanov is likely a healthy scratch tonight. Caufield was sent down yesterday.

This means only 3 players drafted during Bergevin's 9-year tenure will be on the roster - Evans, Pezzetta and Lehkonen. The only team with less is Seattle with 0.
A_Habs_fan, MatthewsFan, yikes and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
2 nov. 2021 à 12 h 8
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,934
Quoting: SevenLeg

This means only 3 players drafted during Bergevin's 9-year tenure will be on the roster - Evans, Pezzetta and Lehkonen. The only team with less is Seattle with 0.

Really? That is amazing for all the wrong reasons.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
2 nov. 2021 à 12 h 9
SHL NJD GM

So Gally's out then
2 nov. 2021 à 12 h 9
Hop on the Slaftrain
Quoting: Rangsey

Vegas is a 4-year-old franchise and has the same amount - Leschyshyn, Hague and Krebs.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
2 nov. 2021 à 12 h 10
Hop on the Slaftrain
So Gally's out then

Likely, but he was drafted before Bergevin was GM anyways.
A_Habs_fan et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
2 nov. 2021 à 12 h 13
SHL NJD GM
Quoting: Rangsey

Well yeah, but this shows how MB can build a roster without the draft too technically
Saskleaf et KSIxSKULLS a aimé ceci.
2 nov. 2021 à 12 h 13
Mangiapane Goat
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 186
Quoting: GarthBrooks

Blackhawks just digging themselves deeper at this point

Lmao love the fit
2 nov. 2021 à 12 h 15
SHL NJD GM

2 nov. 2021 à 12 h 20
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,983

Leafs have 8 (Holl would be 9 but undrafted FA signing) Curious who has the most? Any other fan bases know there’s?
2 nov. 2021 à 12 h 23
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968

Just goes to show how far the other way these rich dudes are willing to look as long as Bettman keeps lining their pockets. I’m glad it supposedly stops at mishandling sexual assault (although I’ll believe it when I see it) but I also feel like this could’ve happened ages ago. Like, he hasn’t been getting booed every time he shows his weasel face for years because anybody outside the circle of owners likes him
2 nov. 2021 à 12 h 24
SHL NJD GM
Quoting: Alfie11
Just goes to show how far the other way these rich dudes are willing to look as long as Bettman keeps lining their pockets. I’m glad it supposedly stops at mishandling sexual assault (although I’ll believe it when I see it) but I also feel like this could’ve happened ages ago. Like, he hasn’t been getting booed every time he shows his weasel face for years because anybody outside the circle of owners likes him

Well, tbf, every Commissioner gets booed, there's no way they please everyone
2 nov. 2021 à 12 h 25
Hop on the Slaftrain
Quoting: MatthewsFan
Leafs have 8 (Holl would be 9 but undrafted FA signing) Curious who has the most? Any other fan bases know there’s?

Holl is a Chicago pick
A_Habs_fan, MatthewsFan et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
2 nov. 2021 à 12 h 26
SHL NJD GM

Please tell me Price isn't leaving after the minimum days because he feels he needs to save the team, take as much time as you need Carey
capfriendlyaccount, capsfan2121, yikes and 2 others a aimé ceci.
2 nov. 2021 à 12 h 29
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,983
Holl is a Chicago pick

ah, he was, total forgot, thx
capsfan2121 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
2 nov. 2021 à 12 h 33
SHL NJD GM

You guys have probably already seen this but this is hilarious, how'd their skates get tied up
capfriendlyaccount, capsfan2121, EsoYeezus69 and 2 others a aimé ceci.
2 nov. 2021 à 12 h 36
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968
Well, tbf, every Commissioner gets booed, there's no way they please everyone

They can’t please everyone, but Bettman literally only pleases the owners lol. It would be nice to have a commissioner that looks for ways to expand the league’s long-term growth. Putting doomed-to-fail franchises in subpar locations is not really an effective strategy imo. The barrier to entry to hockey is already massive (expensive, requires ice/ice time, requires pre-existing ability to skate, etc.), I’d like to see more grassroots investment at that level, simply trying to get more kids playing, rather than bending over backwards trying to get Arizona’s attendance to hit 5 figures while covering up their inadequate/pathetic management.
2 nov. 2021 à 12 h 42
CELEBRINI IS A SHARK
Mentions "j'aime": 12,856

They can’t please everyone, but Bettman literally only pleases the owners lol. It would be nice to have a commissioner that looks for ways to expand the league’s long-term growth. Putting doomed-to-fail franchises in subpar locations is not really an effective strategy imo. The barrier to entry to hockey is already massive (expensive, requires ice/ice time, requires pre-existing ability to skate, etc.), I’d like to see more grassroots investment at that level, simply trying to get more kids playing, rather than bending over backwards trying to get Arizona’s attendance to hit 5 figures while covering up their inadequate/pathetic management.

I’m not saying Bettmen is a gem or anything (he isn’t) but I have written a paper about him a year or so ago (only reason i mention this is I did have a ton of research and it was like 30 page paper or something so I’m not talking out my ass). While I believe he isn’t the best owner in the 4 major sports, it’s obviously Silver. Bettman hasn’t done too bad. He has grown the game, and drastically impacted the NHL and it’s success. Without Bettman I doubt we’d be in as good of a position as we are today (in terms of where the NHL is not off ice things etc etc like what’s going on with Beach). Before Covid we were basically preparing to have 100m cap pretty soon. We thought what we’d hit 85-88m then go up past 90 by this year or the next.

I’m not saying he shouldn’t be fired (plus I agree there should be a leadership change and Bettman could be the guy it falls on) - but I don’t think it’s fair to also think he’s not done the NHL well (not saying any of you said that).
2 nov. 2021 à 12 h 42
Démarrer sujet

Buffalo has 7 with 2 on IR. Dahlin, Bryson, Girgesons, Ollofson, Cozens, Asplund, and Murray. I bet Ottowa has the most.
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
2 nov. 2021 à 12 h 45
Démarrer sujet

Anahiem has 12 on they roster
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
2 nov. 2021 à 12 h 46
Jinx god
Mentions "j'aime": 13,730

Why are they scratching Gurianov to play Comeau and Kero?

Tank SZN PT2 @justaBoss
BuFfaLOFaN et justaBoss a aimé ceci.
2 nov. 2021 à 12 h 47
SHL NJD GM
Quoting: EsoYeezus69

Why are they scratching Gurianov to play Comeau and Kero?

Tank SZN PT2 justaBoss

Lol, scratching Gurianov is so stupid
EsoYeezus69, yikes, capfriendlyaccount and 1 other person a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage