SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021 offseason talks thread

9 sept. 2021 à 22 h 20
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,436

SevenLeg, EsoYeezus69, MitchMarner_16 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
9 sept. 2021 à 22 h 40
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,950
Quoting: Devil1122

Kind of not surprised as he went from playing with JT and Nylander to Engvall and Simmonds at times.

That said he didnt play like he did back in 2018-2019 so that was the main reason. If he wants a bigger role and more ice time he should work very hard over the summer and impress Keefe enough to play with AM and MM or be reunited with JT and Nylander. Also Keefe probs didnt want to push him to hard as we still dont know the full extent of his wrist injury. One wrong move and he may not be able to hold a hockey stick again.

That said if hes expecting a bigger role or more ice time on another team hes got another thing coming
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
9 sept. 2021 à 22 h 41
Farewell
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,225

Always wondered what that must be like when a trade request gets denied and it goes public. Basically saying to the team and the entire fanbase "I don't want to be here", but being forced to stick it out anyways with said teammates in front of said fanbase after the fact. Can't be pretty.
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
9 sept. 2021 à 22 h 41
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,096
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
Feels like he's one of those guys that was so underrated that he became overrated.

Lol yeah pretty much
9 sept. 2021 à 22 h 45
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 9 sept. 2021 à 23 h 1
Quoting: ConservativeLightningFan91
Always wondered what that must be like when a trade request gets denied and it goes public. Basically saying to the team and the entire fanbase "I don't want to be here", but being forced to stick it out anyways with said teammates in front of said fanbase after the fact. Can't be pretty.

Wouldn't be to concerned. Happens to most players all the time. Its like their 1 day of fame then people forget about it.
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
9 sept. 2021 à 22 h 49
Quoting: Saskleaf
Sure he does.

He's not better than Makar,Hedman, MacAvoy, Fox, Theodore, Josi, Hamilton, or Pietrangelo, but I think he's better than Weegar, Ellis, Spurgeon and Carlson.

Weegar led all defenseman in 5v5 points last season while being a top 3 defensive defenseman. Spurgeon is elite at both ends of the ice and on the PP. He’s significantly better than Slavin.
9 sept. 2021 à 23 h 9
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 554
Quoting: Db1899
Weegar led all defenseman in 5v5 points last season while being a top 3 defensive defenseman. Spurgeon is elite at both ends of the ice and on the PP. He’s significantly better than Slavin.

jk i know he's good
Db1899 a aimé ceci.
9 sept. 2021 à 23 h 20
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,191

Why do you think Weegar's a top 3 defensive defenseman?

And Slavin is also "elite" at both ends of the ice...
9 sept. 2021 à 23 h 22
Quoting: Saskleaf
Why do you think Weegar's a top 3 defensive defenseman?

And Slavin is also "elite" at both ends of the ice...

Because he’s in the 100th percentile for Even strength defense. Can’t get any better than that!

9 sept. 2021 à 23 h 27
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,191
Because he’s in the 100th percentile for Even strength defense. Can’t get any better than that!

Wow that's a lot better than I thought.

Still, all the guys I named, plus Weegar (still not convinced he's better than Slavin though, I would be interested to see Slavins card) is 9 guys, which leaves Slavin still in the top ten..
10 sept. 2021 à 1 h 2
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 10 sept. 2021 à 1 h 15
Lul a Vancouver fan on this site argued to me that the Pooleman contract is good and that he is better than Justin Holl lul. Going back to the ACGM was a mistake
EsoYeezus69, A_Habs_fan, Saskleaf and 3 others a aimé ceci.
10 sept. 2021 à 1 h 26
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968

Maybe if he was actually good he’d have a bigger role… I would literally rather have Tobias Rieder. They’re exactly the same player, super fast, good on the PK, pathetic shot, but at least Rieder signs for close to league min.
10 sept. 2021 à 1 h 30
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 10 sept. 2021 à 1 h 36
Quoting: Alfie11
Maybe if he was actually good he’d have a bigger role… I would literally rather have Tobias Rieder. They’re exactly the same player, super fast, good on the PK, pathetic shot, but at least Rieder signs for close to league min.

But remember Mikheyev was on a 50 point pace in 2019-2020 but suffered a serious deep skate cut on his wrist from Bratt. Wasn't on purpose or Brats fault but that injury really impacted his shot and it was evident this season as if we look at how he shot before and after the injury we can see he's hesitating/ trying not to aggregate his wrist. Can't blame him as we still don't know how much damage it did to his nerves and tendons. Reider never went through that kind of injury and his game just fell over time. If Mikheyev can return to 2019 form then we should see a much better player then we did the previous year

Still if we count the 5 goals taken away from Mikheyev due to blown calls or tip ins he would have 12 goals and 10 assists which for a 3rd liner making slightly more than 1.5mill ain't bad
10 sept. 2021 à 1 h 31
Quoting: aadoyle
Yeah some of their choices have been weird. I guess Sakic felt the team needed some grit and veteran leadership

Anisimov I like. Good 4c and can replace PEB well. The other 2 mentioned yeah they should have looked elsewhere. I guess they want another veteran Dman and a bruiser Dman to help strengthen their Dcore. And to be fair Vegas ran a clinic on that young Dcore as without Johnsson (E) they seemed to struggle to keep the other teams momentum down leading to many goals.

Gonna wait and see what happens but they most likely gonna win the President Trophy again

Anisimov is not good. He didn’t deserve to be in the lineup on merit for the Sens this year, there’s no shot he earns a spot on the Avs. They may give him one because he’s been around for a while, but he’s not good anymore
10 sept. 2021 à 1 h 34
But remember Mikheyev was on a 50 point pace in 2019-2020 but suffered a serious scare cut from Bratt. Wasn't on purpose but that really impacted his shot and it was evident this season as if we look at how he shot before and after the injury we can see he's hesitating.

That sucks but his shot was never great, and now it’s worse than most Midget players. If he doesn’t spend every waking minute trying to improve that this summer then he deserves to be no higher than a 4th line player. It’s also annoying to see someone complain about role/ice time when they deserve a reduced role and less ice time. Earn it or shut up. That complaint only makes sense for guys legitimately pushed down the lineup by better players. Toronto’s LW depth is probably bottom 3 in the league, so the fact that he’s on the 3rd or 4th line on the Leafs should say something (that something: as it stands, he’s bad).
10 sept. 2021 à 3 h 44
Drover006
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 494
There's way too much mikheyev slander going on tonight everywhere. He's a great PKer who suffered a terrible injury. His shot and goals is now what he's there for and goal is a bonus. However if leafs help him with finishing he could be ever better.

He also requested a trade and not demanded. I assume dubas and Sheldon talked to him to figure out the problem. Dubas and Keefe obviously value him as a player and for dubas a asset.
10 sept. 2021 à 5 h 43
Jinx god
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 13,730
Lul a Vancouver fan on this site argued to me that the Pooleman contract is good and that he is better than Justin Holl lul. Going back to the ACGM was a mistake

My ignore list has tripled in the last month.

These idiots are making Blake Comeau look smart.
10 sept. 2021 à 8 h 50
Démarrer sujet
Brace for the Storm
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,647
Versus:
Chiarot vs Edmundson
Martinez vs Muzzin
Lindgren vs McNabb
Ekblad vs Slavin
Aho vs Couturier
R.Strome vs Monahan
Chabot vs Theodore
Vilardi bs Chytil

My picks:
Edmundson
Muzzin, but slightly
Lindgren, younger and already slightly better
Ekblad, better at offense and only slightly worse at defense
Aho, better play driver IMO
Strome, better 2 way player and more consistent
Chabot, plays more and is just better, Theodore didn't even play 24 minutes a game every night this past season and Chabot regularly went past 26
Vilardi, I feel his ceiling is a little bit higher but Chytil is a good pick too. Both have 2C potential IMO
10 sept. 2021 à 9 h 49
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,932
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward
Versus:
Chiarot vs Edmundson
Martinez vs Muzzin
Lindgren vs McNabb
Ekblad vs Slavin
Aho vs Couturier
R.Strome vs Monahan
Chabot vs Theodore
Vilardi bs Chytil

My picks:
Edmundson
Muzzin, but slightly
Chabot, plays more and is just better, Theodore didn't even play 24 minutes a game every night this past season and Chabot regularly went past 26
Vilardi, I feel his ceiling is a little bit higher but Chytil is a good pick too. Both have 2C potential IMO

Edmunson
Martinez
Lindgren
Slavin
Aho
Monahan
Theodore
Vilardi
10 sept. 2021 à 10 h 18
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,382
Versus:
Chiarot vs Edmundson
Martinez vs Muzzin
Lindgren vs McNabb
Ekblad vs Slavin
Aho vs Couturier
R.Strome vs Monahan
Chabot vs Theodore
Vilardi bs Chytil

My picks:
Edmundson
Muzzin, but slightly

Edmundson
Martinez ( close )
Lindgren
Ekblad ( close )
Aho
Monahan
Idk hard choice, Theodore ???
Vilardi
10 sept. 2021 à 10 h 24
Versus:
Chiarot vs Edmundson
Martinez vs Muzzin
Lindgren vs McNabb
Ekblad vs Slavin
Aho vs Couturier
R.Strome vs Monahan
Chabot vs Theodore
Vilardi bs Chytil

My picks:
Edmundson
Muzzin, but slightly

Edmundson
Muzzin
Lindgren
Ekblad
Couturier
Strome (not close)
Theodore (not close)
Chytil
10 sept. 2021 à 10 h 32
Versus:
Chiarot vs Edmundson
Martinez vs Muzzin
Lindgren vs McNabb
Ekblad vs Slavin
Aho vs Couturier
R.Strome vs Monahan
Chabot vs Theodore
Vilardi bs Chytil

My picks:
Edmundson
Muzzin, but slightly

Agree with all except Monahan vs. Strome. I'm not sure if consistency is something that should be attributed to Strome, especially when comparing to Monahan. One of those guys had 7 straight 20+ goal seasons, starting immediately after he was drafted. The other has never scored 20 goals and consistently sucked until he was put on a line with a top 10 player in the league. And Monahan's younger to boot.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
10 sept. 2021 à 10 h 54

EsoYeezus69, AndrewLadd et Devil a aimé ceci.
10 sept. 2021 à 11 h 0
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,382

So all of Lou's guys have finally officially been signed
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
10 sept. 2021 à 11 h 11
Farewell
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,225

Yep, Parise's an Islander.
https://twitter.com/RussoHockey/status/1433171215334748162

Lamoriello made out like a bandit this summer. Lost Eberle and Leddy, but in doing so freed up the cap space to keep Palmieri, Beauvillier, Sorokin and Cizikas while also getting Panik and Parise. The guy's one of the best GM's in the league. (Behind JBB, of course)
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage