Forums/Armchair-GM

Tkachuk type trade every team 8

Créé par: hockeynutter
Équipe: 2024-25 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 4 juin 2024
Publié: 4 juin 2024
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Now this is a trade I can maybe see. It would all depend on the direction that Columbus views Werenski. Currently it sounds like Waddell views Werenski, and Jenner as part of the future with the young core. This such a trade is a no, but if they worry about the health of Werenski then such a trade is possible ...

Both sides have value but at the same time, Marner is essentially a better version of Gaudreau, can Columbus build a contender with players of similar play.
Transactions
TOR
  1. Texier, Alexandre [Droits de RFA]
  2. Werenski, Zachary
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2026 (CBJ)
CBJ
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de NSH
Logo de VAN
Logo de TOR
Logo de OTT
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de CBJ
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
1687 700 000 $67 850 000 $0 $0 $19 850 000 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
925 000 $925 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
13 250 000 $13 250 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 4
11 500 000 $11 500 000 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 8
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 1
2 400 000 $2 400 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
AD, C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
800 000 $800 000 $
C, AG
RFA - 1
1 350 000 $1 350 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
1 350 000 $1 350 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
7 500 000 $7 500 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 6
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
DD
RFA - 1
766 667 $766 667 $
G
RFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus
9 583 333 $9 583 333 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 4
1 350 000 $1 350 000 $
DG
UFA - 3
875 000 $875 000 $
DG
RFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
4 juin à 15 h 1
themostleaf33
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 554
CLB says no
CaseyFlyman, squashmaple, hockeynutter and 2 others a aimé ceci.
4 juin à 15 h 3
Bcarlo25
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 7,465
wow. you've got some big issues here.

First off, Tkachuk had so much more value than Marner. First off, he was an RFA, and not a disgruntled pending UFA that has shown that he isn't willing to take any discounts. Then, there's the little issue that Tkachuk was just the way better player.

Now, let's look at what Calgary got, weighed against what Toronto is getting here.
Pending UFA Huberdeau
Pending UFA Weegar
1st round pick

toronto gets:
4 years of Werenski - way more value than either weegar or huburdeau
Texiere - solid younger player who still is under team control.
first round pick

it's just not even close. i would say divide your expectations by four. Marner should be getting a first and an okay prospect.
4 juin à 15 h 5
Démarrer sujet
Avid Sports Fan
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 307
Quoting: themostleaf33
CLB says no

As said in the description... I would assume they say no too. On paper this could be decent... But that's only is Waddell was worried over Werenski health. Is comments seem to dictate the want to have Werenski and Jenner as veteran and high skilled help to push the young forwards forward toward playoffs. Nothing wrong there and thus a trade for Marner most likely never materializes.
CaseyFlyman a aimé ceci.
4 juin à 15 h 6
Rejoint: sept. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,427
Werenski likely is (and should be) untouchable. He'd be the next captain, and like Jenner, signed specifically to stay in Columbus.

It also doesn't make sense with roster construction at all. We don't have another LD (or any defenseman) of that caliber, while Marner and Gaudreau are redundant in playstyle as you more or less said yourself. Johnson is also redundant in terms of playstyle, and Laine is redundant in terms of highly-paid wingers. Marner is a redundant luxury for Columbus.

If we're building a Marner trade to Columbus, I think it has to involve two of Johnson, Laine, and Gaudreau (in that order of likelihood), otherwise we just say thanks but no thanks, we don't need him.
hockeynutter, Viqsi et SK101 a aimé ceci.
4 juin à 15 h 10
Démarrer sujet
Avid Sports Fan
Quoting: Bcarlo25

First off, Tkachuk had so much more value than Marner. First off, he was an RFA, and not a disgruntled pending UFA that has shown that he isn't willing to take any discounts. Then, there's the little issue that Tkachuk was just the way better player.

Now, let's look at what Calgary got, weighed against what Toronto is getting here.
Pending UFA Huberdeau
Pending UFA Weegar
1st round pick

toronto gets:
first round pick

it's just not even close. i would say divide your expectations by four. Marner should be getting a first and an okay prospect.

Marner every year over the past four years if played 82 games would have surpassed 100 points. Don't believe check it out. That already surpasses Huberdeau. Also such a trade assumes a sign and trade. As a Ufa with not sign and trade, Marner with that type of production easily garnishes 2024 if before draft or 2025 draft, roster player and a high end prospect.

That being said, as the description say I don't see Columbus going this route. But with a sign and trade that makes similar to Tkachuk. When Tkachuk was trades both him and Huberdeau had 115 points. Each. Play you have Weegar already a proven top 4 and a 1st round pick. This deal does not equate on perceived value at the time of the trade where the Leafs are getting less than what Calgary got. It looks worse not that Tkachuk has continued production and Huberdeau showed 115 point was a major outlier. Marner has proven his production is not an outlier.
4 juin à 15 h 20
Bcarlo25
Modifié 4 juin à 15 h 28
Quoting: hockeynutter
Marner every year over the past four years if played 82 games would have surpassed 100 points. Don't believe check it out. That already surpasses Huberdeau. Also such a trade assumes a sign and trade. As a Ufa with not sign and trade, Marner with that type of production easily garnishes 2024 if before draft or 2025 draft, roster player and a high end prospect.

That being said, as the description say I don't see Columbus going this route. But with a sign and trade that makes similar to Tkachuk. When Tkachuk was trades both him and Huberdeau had 115 points. Each. Play you have Weegar already a proven top 4 and a 1st round pick. This deal does not equate on perceived value at the time of the trade where the Leafs are getting less than what Calgary got. It looks worse not that Tkachuk has continued production and Huberdeau showed 115 point was a major outlier. Marner has proven his production is not an outlier.

lol what? what crazy kind of spin zone is that? "oh if he played more he would have had more points!" uhhh cool. Know what Huberdeau had? 115 points in the season prior to being traded. How many 100 point seasons does marner have? oh, zero? no, he had a good day though.

Marner has proven a lot of things. he's proven he stinks in the playoffs. its proven he crumbles under any adversity. he's proven he can be a real tough negotiator. More importantly, he's just a pending UFA. Tkachuk wasn't. a team trading for Marner does not know they have him for more than a season. and of course, Tkachuk is a MUCH better player (and was at the time of the trade).

it's just a really bad comp. Marner should be worth about 25-35% of what Tkachuk was.
4 juin à 15 h 32
Démarrer sujet
Avid Sports Fan
lol what? what crazy kind of spin zone is that? "oh if he played more he would have had more points!" uhhh cool. Know what Huberdeau had? 115 points in the season prior to being traded.

Marner has proven a lot of things. he's proven he stinks in the playoffs. its proven he crumbles under any adversity. he's proven he can be a real tough negotiator. More importantly, he's just a pending UFA. Tkachuk wasn't. a team trading for Marner does not know they have him for more than a season. and of course, Tkachuk is a MUCH better player (and was at the time of the trade).

it's just a really bad comp. Marner should be worth about 25-35% of what Tkachuk was.

Marner this past year was 3 point in 7 games but guess what he had 14 points in 11 games the year prior. In fact, Marner has out produced everyone in the core 4 over all playoffs combined so Suh a statement is a media driven statement where Leafs fans and media all out attack 1 player as the worst to be the scape goat! Also guess what, when Chara played for Ottawa fans and media alike called hima goat and the worst and you cant win with him blah blah blah yet look what happened when he was traded to Boston.
Point is don't trust only what you year and actually look at the stats. Huberdeau was around 82 points or less before hitting 115 and never reached since. His goals.were always harder to come by Marner averages 30 goals and the ppg pace of 100+ points every year. Thus the comparison. Plus this deal less in comparison to the Tkachuk deal based on prior production prior thus I added a fact that Tkachuk is viewed as a better player and RFA and I do t argue the perceived values there and reduced Marner to what is more like 50-75 percent or what Tkachuk got. Thus saying Marner is less than Tkachuk
4 juin à 15 h 34
Bcarlo25
Marner this past year was 3 point in 7 games but guess what he had 14 points in 11 games the year prior. In fact, Marner has out produced everyone in the core 4 over all playoffs combined so Suh a statement is a media driven statement where Leafs fans and media all out attack 1 player as the worst to be the scape goat! Also guess what, when Chara played for Ottawa fans and media alike called hima goat and the worst and you cant win with him blah blah blah yet look what happened when he was traded to Boston.
Point is don't trust only what you year and actually look at the stats. Huberdeau was around 82 points or less before hitting 115 and never reached since. His goals.were always harder to come by Marner averages 30 goals and the ppg pace of 100+ points every year. Thus the comparison. Plus this deal less in comparison to the Tkachuk deal based on prior production prior thus I added a fact that Tkachuk is viewed as a better player and RFA and I do t argue the perceived values there and reduced Marner to what is more like 50-75 percent or what Tkachuk got. Thus saying Marner is less than Tkachuk

buddy you can't just say, "oh points points points." it just isn't everything. anyone with at least one eye and a brain can see that he just isn't as effective in the playoffs.

and ya you say that he shouldn't get as much as tkachuk....and then do a mock where he's getting more than tkachuk.
4 juin à 15 h 39
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,434
Jackets have no interest in marner or in trading werenski. They definitely aren’t adding a first for the opportunity to overpay marner lol. Sorry but marner isn’t waiving so you either re sign him or let him walk to UFA
BoomerTheHero et Pijonty a aimé ceci.
4 juin à 15 h 41
Rejoint: févr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 1,036

Pending UFA Huberdeau
Pending UFA Weegar
1st round pick

toronto gets:
first round pick

marner now is better than tkachuk was at the time of the trade
4 juin à 15 h 43
Bcarlo25
Quoting: Herb_Brooks

if all you look at is points, maybe.

but in reality, no. not even close.
4 juin à 15 h 45
Démarrer sujet
Avid Sports Fan

Thank you, it's nice to have someone post with context. Tkachuk is a way different type of player and thus not fully comparable. Depending on one's view point both are better. Marner is way way more skilled but tkachuk plays a hard nosed and skilled game that translates similar and sometimes better and in playoffs usually better. Either way is proves commenters needs to stop looking at media narratives that bash one player without any context and assume that must be true. Ie Crosby, Ovechkin, Chara, McKinnon, all players I have seen the media bash as non playoff cry babies that don't care to win it all and win in the playoffs. And guess what all have won!
4 juin à 15 h 49
Démarrer sujet
Avid Sports Fan

Such a comment is on context. Because both players play a different style. Reinhart, barkov and Verhague play way more skilled than Tkachuk. Imagine Tkachuk on his own without them. It is a team sport. Personally I would love Tkachuk on my team. He is a superstar like the others including marner. My trades is trying to look at everything contextually on both teams side. Marner has shown much greatness and many players take a while to take awhile postseason wise Crosby, Chara, Ovechkin even guess what Yzerman!
4 juin à 15 h 55
Bcarlo25
Such a comment is on context. Because both players play a different style. Reinhart, barkov and Verhague play way more skilled than Tkachuk. Imagine Tkachuk on his own without them. It is a team sport. Personally I would love Tkachuk on my team. He is a superstar like the others including marner. My trades is trying to look at everything contextually on both teams side. Marner has shown much greatness and many players take a while to take awhile postseason wise Crosby, Chara, Ovechkin even guess what Yzerman!

Crosby took a while? he was dominant in the postseason the second he touched the ice. in his third year he went to the cup final and was arguably the best player on the ice. in his fourth year he won the cup, and was once again dominant.

now lets compare that to marner. 8 years into his career, one playoff round win, and a history of being completely invisible.

but ya he chips in some points after games are decided, so hooray for that i guess. By the time he was Marner's age, Crosby had won like a dozen playoff rounds as his teams best player, being dominant the entire time. Marner has no success and question marks.
4 juin à 15 h 57
MisstheWhalers
Mentions "j'aime": 12,626
Good gawd, this is WAY TOO MUCH for Marner.
4 juin à 16 h 22
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,028
The other part of this is trade protection. Not only does Marner have it and is very unlikely to waive at all, especially for Columbus, but Werenski has a NMC. He kills this trade immediately, although i doubt the Jackets would go as far to even ask him to waive.
4 juin à 16 h 23

offense defense and playoff performance (yes tkachuk was that bad in the playoffs before getting to florida)
4 juin à 16 h 24
Quoting: BoomerTheHero
The other part of this is trade protection. Not only does Marner have it and is very unlikely to waive at all, especially for Columbus, but Werenski has a NMC. He kills this trade immediately, although i doubt the Jackets would go as far to even ask him to waive.

wouldnt be shocked in the slightest if werenski were to waive his nmc
4 juin à 16 h 25
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,028

I would be. I doubt he waives to go anywhere except the Wings. But like i said, i doubt the Jackets FO would even ask him to waive.
Pijonty a aimé ceci.
4 juin à 17 h 15
Bcarlo25
offense defense and playoff performance (yes tkachuk was that bad in the playoffs before getting to florida)

if you don't watch, sure. one guy has a pulse. the other doesn't.
4 juin à 19 h 10
19 lotteries, 0 wins
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 799

werenski just got engaged last week and they host a yearly team christmas party at their ginormous house. I doubt he leaves, unless previously said to go to the Wings
5 juin à 8 h 10
if you don't watch, sure. one guy has a pulse. the other doesn't.

tkachuk was a worse playoff performer in cgy than marner is in toronto, hes also a better defender and pker. florida tkachuk there is no argument he blows marner out of the water.
5 juin à 8 h 58
Bcarlo25
tkachuk was a worse playoff performer in cgy than marner is in toronto, hes also a better defender and pker. florida tkachuk there is no argument he blows marner out of the water.

no. calgary tkachuk was better too. i think you're not quite understanding how much marner has sucked in the playoffs. point to the points all you want, but when the games are tight, he's invisible.
5 juin à 9 h 21
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 55

Pending UFA Huberdeau
Pending UFA Weegar
1st round pick

toronto gets:
first round pick

I agree with everything there except for the last part. Marner is worth FAR more then a first and an ok prospect deoending on the context) Now context does matter. then youre probably close. However if its 16-32 youre way off.
Ill just put some facts here.
Sean Monahan , 50 pt player? Maybe a 3rd line centre. maybe 2nd line centre on some teams. Making 2Mil. Pure rental, Zero term left on his contract. He recieved a 1st and a conditional 3rd (conditions wernt met)

So in this case were talking about Columbus so its the 4th overall pick. In that case youre probably right. However i its bottom half You can expect multiple firsts or A Blue chip prospect and a 1st.
5 juin à 9 h 26
Bcarlo25
Quoting: DJP1117
I agree with everything there except for the last part. Marner is worth FAR more then a first and an ok prospect deoending on the context) Now context does matter. then youre probably close. However if its 16-32 youre way off.
Ill just put some facts here.
Sean Monahan , 50 pt player? Maybe a 3rd line centre. maybe 2nd line centre on some teams. Making 2Mil. Pure rental, Zero term left on his contract. He recieved a 1st and a conditional 3rd (conditions wernt met)

So in this case were talking about Columbus so its the 4th overall pick. In that case youre probably right. However i its bottom half You can expect multiple firsts or A Blue chip prospect and a 1st.

ya....he was making 2M. the entire league could bid on him. there's only a few teams that can absorb a $10.9M contract. Also, Monahan was worth more than $2M. Marner is worth less than $10.9. That's your difference. Monahan should be worth more.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage