Forums/NHL

2023-2024 NHL Discussion Thread #6: The Quest for Lord Stanley's Cup

9 juin à 15 h 20
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,364
Quoting: NorthernLeafsFan05
REST IN PEACE CAPFRIENDLY

This is honestly a super sad day. Capfriendly has been the only place that I've discussed hockey on for years. Losing this website will be a tremendous loss, the social features and accurate cap data are unmatched by any other website. Congrats to the sites owners I guess, get your bag. Really going to miss the service.

This f***ing sucks

Check when my account was created. I've been around since Capgeek died and Capfriendly saved my hockey fandom. Super dark day for me.
NorthernLeafsFan05, capsfan2121, Db1899 and 6 others a aimé ceci.
9 juin à 15 h 21
Follow devknowspuck
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 10,211
We had a good run boys. It’s been a fun talking to you all
KSIxSKULLS, Saskleaf, Rolfadinho and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
9 juin à 15 h 24
Follow devknowspuck
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 10,211
this is worse than forsberg trade. what the hell are we doing
KSIxSKULLS et Rolfadinho a aimé ceci.
9 juin à 15 h 26
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,638
And I thought NHL teams all already had their own futuristic versions of CapFriendly.
KSIxSKULLS, capsfan2121, Db1899 and 10 others a aimé ceci.
9 juin à 15 h 32
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,465
**** the Capitals may they never win another cup
capsfan2121, EsoYeezus69, NorthernLeafsFan05 and 8 others a aimé ceci.
9 juin à 15 h 34
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,371
Did the Caps really need to do this?? Like really? How advantageous is this going to be for you?
Rolfadinho a aimé ceci.
9 juin à 15 h 36
Rejoint: juin 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 216
Should we create a Discord or Telegram chat or something?
oilersguy a aimé ceci.
9 juin à 15 h 36
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,257
Quoting: SevenLeg
And I thought NHL teams all already had their own futuristic versions of CapFriendly.

Pathetic that the Capitals can't just use this publicly available data to make their own website. Why do that when you can just f*** over thousands of hockey fans and take one of the most informative websites in the process?

This website has transcended cap data and has become a genuine social hub for like minded hockey fans. There are zero websites that bring together the hockey community like capfriendly. Buying it and shutting it down was a gigantic scumbag move from the Caps.
WJC_Enthusiast, SevenLeg, Saskleaf and 3 others a aimé ceci.
9 juin à 15 h 37
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,465
I'm also surprised the other NHL teams allowed that to happen

In all honesty NHL should step in, void it then they themselves buy it and combine CapFriendly with Edge
9 juin à 15 h 39
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Congrats to PuckPedia for becoming the go to website for all things hockey transactions. Hope they are smart and capitalize on the sudden void left by CapFriendly. Fingers crossed they add social features 🤞

Oh, and one more time: F*** THE CAPITALS
EsoYeezus69, mv21227, WJC_Enthusiast and 5 others a aimé ceci.
9 juin à 15 h 40
Hop on the Slaftrain
Please tell me there’s another social media where I can follow Caniac2000 I need to stay informed about who’s the best defensive player in the game and the best prospect in the game.
NorthernLeafsFan05, EsoYeezus69, zk97 and 7 others a aimé ceci.
9 juin à 15 h 43
Apparently the deal between the Caps and CF will only close in July so we still have a bit of time to enjoy CF
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
9 juin à 15 h 44
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Modifié 10 juin à 23 h 6
Quoting: WJC_Enthusiast
Apparently the deal between the Caps and CF will only close in July so we still have a bit of time to enjoy CF
9 juin à 15 h 45
its been a pleasure
Mentions "j'aime": 8,626
It's been a pleasure
Saskleaf, Tintin et Rolfadinho a aimé ceci.
9 juin à 15 h 45
JimmyPaek
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,295
Is the forum going away as well as ACGM? I could live with just the forum, otherwise I’m going to have to remember what my HFBoards username was. Also, screw the Craps! We always knew they sucked!
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
9 juin à 15 h 45
its been a pleasure
Mentions "j'aime": 8,626
Quoting: edeangel84
Is the forum going away as well as ACGM? I could live with just the forum, otherwise I’m going to have to remember what my HFBoards username was. Also, screw the Craps! We always knew they sucked!

whole site is going away
9 juin à 15 h 45
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Quoting: edeangel84

The whole site is shutting down. Everything will be gone
KSIxSKULLS et Rolfadinho a aimé ceci.
9 juin à 15 h 45
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 10,415
Quoting: SevenLeg
Please tell me there’s another social media where I can follow Caniac2000 I need to stay informed about who’s the best defensive player in the game and the best prospect in the game.

And how Kotkaniemi is an elite 3C and is more than worth his contract, and how Slavin is the best dman in the NHL, and how Andersen is a top 5 goalie because of his stats in 16 games this season, and how Nikishin would already be a top 10 dman in the league
SevenLeg, KSIxSKULLS, Tintin and 2 others a aimé ceci.
9 juin à 15 h 49
Jinx god
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 13,779
I know haven’t been the most active user for the past years (getting older, not having the same time on my hands), but I, like a lot of you have been on this website for quite a while now, and it absolutely sucks that everything just suddenly ends.

We’ve created so many memories from this, I know I have. From the countless arguments against delusional fans to the many memes done in the singing/trade threads (my favourite part) to the many AGM’s/mock drafts created, and to the endless conversations on here, time here will stay as memories for years to come.

CF was the heart of many people’s lives during COVID and helped the hockey community grow closer and closer, without this I wouldn’t of known all you awesome people.

It’s funny, a couple days ago I talked with my dad and we ended up on the subject of father time. It’s undefeated, nothing great lasts forever, you just have to appreciate it when it’s there.

One last time I’d like to thank CF and everyone on it (minus some delusional losers), for a great 5 year experience that I’ll never forget.

Ps: f-ck the caps
zk97, Saskleaf, capsfan2121 and 5 others a aimé ceci.
9 juin à 15 h 50
I'm in the process of creating a Discord server, anyone interested in joining?
oilersguy a aimé ceci.
9 juin à 15 h 54
CELEBRINI IS A SHARK
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,929
Quoting: WJC_Enthusiast
I'm in the process of creating a Discord server, anyone interested in joining?

It would be better to create a thread on the forums (probably under the NHL to get more views idk?) and spread it sooner rather than later - attach a join link
9 juin à 15 h 55
Hop on the Slaftrain
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
I know haven’t been the most active user for the past years (getting older, not having the same time on my hands), but I, like a lot of you have been on this website for quite a while now, and it absolutely sucks that everything just suddenly ends.

We’ve created so many memories from this, I know I have. From the countless arguments against delusional fans to the many memes done in the singing/trade threads (my favourite part) to the many AGM’s/mock drafts created, and to the endless conversations on here, time here will stay as memories for years to come.

CF was the heart of many people’s lives during COVID and helped the hockey community grow closer and closer, without this I wouldn’t of known all you awesome people.

It’s funny, a couple days ago I talked with my dad and we ended up on the subject of father time. It’s undefeated, nothing great lasts forever, you just have to appreciate it when it’s there.

One last time I’d like to thank CF and everyone on it (minus some delusional losers), for a great 5 year experience that I’ll never forget.

Ps: f-ck the caps

cover10.jpg
zk97, LeafsFanForSomeReason, capsfan2121 and 6 others a aimé ceci.
9 juin à 15 h 58
Quoting: yikes
It would be better to create a thread on the forums (probably under the NHL to get more views idk?) and spread it sooner rather than later - attach a join link

Gimme 2-3 minutes to figure this out
9 juin à 16 h 0
Here is a link: https://discord.gg/UE2aB6sj
oilersguy a aimé ceci.
9 juin à 16 h 8
Goodbye everyone
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,308
Oh come on Caps why’d you have to do that!!! I love this site, it’s probably the best website in existence. It’s fantastic for information and the ACGM and forums are wonderful. I’ve had a lot of great interactions on here and I’ll miss all you guys 😢

I wonder what happens moving forward. Are we just going to get a new site that is basically the same as cap friendly for the public? Also what happens to salaryswish, I assume it won’t be sold along the capfriendly. Does it just shut down?

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage