SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2023-2024 NHL Discussion Thread #6: The Quest for Lord Stanley's Cup

mar. à 19 h 8
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,160
Bill zito masterclass : Nate Schmidt 800k AAV.

Let other teams overpay for OEL and Montour. Would not be surprised if Schmidt outplays them both next season
capsfan2121 et Rolfadinho a aimé ceci.
mar. à 19 h 13
Rejoint: juin 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 228
Quoting: Db1899
Bill zito masterclass : Nate Schmidt 800k AAV.

Let other teams overpay for OEL and Montour. Would not be surprised if Schmidt outplays them both next season

OEL wasn't overpaid IMO, but agreed, Montour was
aadoyle, capsfan2121 et Rolfadinho a aimé ceci.
mar. à 19 h 17
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,160
Quoting: WJC_Enthusiast

Not overpaid on AAV , but on term he was
mar. à 19 h 31
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,480
Quoting: Db1899
Not overpaid on AAV , but on term he was

Having to much term does not = overpay

Its when you get to much money

Like if OEL got 5m x 4 years thats an overpay

3.5M x 4 years is right where you would expect with one arguing maybe 3 x 3 would have been more optimal
capsfan2121 et Rolfadinho a aimé ceci.
mar. à 19 h 34
Hakuna Matata
FLA lucky they won the cup that season as that Dcore got weaker

Besides the top pair the bottom 4 arguably got weaker with OEL and Montour's departures
mar. à 19 h 37
Hakuna Matata

Yea if we look OEL really isnt an overpay

Like 3 x 3 would have been better but one more year at 500k more aint crazy or something to fret over

Look at Gio guy was playing till 40 and won the Vezina at 34

Now Joel Edmundson thats an overpay
mar. à 19 h 50
Quoting: aadoyle
Having to much term does not = overpay

Its when you get to much money

Like if OEL got 5m x 4 years thats an overpay

3.5M x 4 years is right where you would expect with one arguing maybe 3 x 3 would have been more optimal

By the end of OEL's deal, with the cap going up, 3,5M is going to be an adequate salary for a number 5 defensman
mar. à 20 h 20
Hakuna Matata
By the end of OEL's deal, with the cap going up, 3,5M is going to be an adequate salary for a number 5 defensman

Yep and he's not an overly physical guy so if anything may not even see a drop off by much

Look at Burns
WJC_Enthusiast a aimé ceci.
mer. à 0 h 24
Hakuna Matata
Apparently the Hakinpaa deal may have fell through will be interesting to see

As its not been announced or player on team page
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
mer. à 7 h 44
Yep and he's not an overly physical guy so if anything may not even see a drop off by much

Look at Burns

Tho I will say this: Burns was absolutely atrocious against my Rangers in the series of last may.
Hurricanes_WPG a aimé ceci.
Hier à 9 h 29
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,711
Quoting: capsfan2121
we have a Twitter gc of a lot of guys from this thread if you wanna join that

Can you add me to the Twitter group chat?

@AYLAERHANHSEYN1
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
Hier à 10 h 2
I know we're still early in the offseason, but since this site is closing in a few days, here are 8 hot takes for the 2024-25 NHL season:

1-After losing Monahan, Toffoli, Dillon and not really improving the roster, the Jets miss the playoffs
2-After losing Montour, OEL, Stolarz and Lomberg, the Panthers may the playoffs as a Wild Card teaam
3-Elias Lindholm proves everyone wrong about the deal, scores 25 goals and 80 points and is nominated for the Selke
4-Lindy Ruff proves he still has it and leads a very young Sabres team to a 100 points season
5-Alexis Lafrenière becomes a PPG player
6-I don't really believe this one, but this is a hot take so who cares, the Leafs, powered by Berube, a rejuvenated PP, OEL, Tanev and Stolarz, win the President's Trophy
7-Everyone adjusts to them and the Canucks make the playoffs as a Wild Card team
8-The Devils, boosted by the return of Hamilton, a new coach, a new goalie, Dillon, Pesce and Noesen, finish 10 points above their nearest challenger in the Metro
Hier à 10 h 55
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6,515
I know we're still early in the offseason, but since this site is closing in a few days, here are 8 hot takes for the 2024-25 NHL season:

1-After losing Monahan, Toffoli, Dillon and not really improving the roster, the Jets miss the playoffs
2-After losing Montour, OEL, Stolarz and Lomberg, the Panthers may the playoffs as a Wild Card teaam
3-Elias Lindholm proves everyone wrong about the deal, scores 25 goals and 80 points and is nominated for the Selke
4-Lindy Ruff proves he still has it and leads a very young Sabres team to a 100 points season
6-I don't really believe this one, but this is a hot take so who cares, the Leafs, powered by Berube, a rejuvenated PP, OEL, Tanev and Stolarz, win the President's Trophy
7-Everyone adjusts to them and the Canucks make the playoffs as a Wild Card team
8-The Devils, boosted by the return of Hamilton, a new coach, a new goalie, Dillon, Pesce and Noesen, finish 10 points above their nearest challenger in the Metro

i wouldn't mind if 4 happens.
Hier à 11 h 6
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 374
Anton Lundell gets 6 year, $5 million AAV deal from Panthers.
Hier à 12 h 28
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,210

I would love if 6 happens…

And before you say anything, it’s not like they’ve done anything in the playoffs
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
Hier à 13 h 0
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 23,635

Look at Burns

I usually not in favour of giving contracts to players that take them to mid thirties or even later....especially Dmen. So many just hit the wall suddenly. OEL and his easy skating might be an exception. He might be good value for four years. Now Tanev,,,,I'd be concerned if his body can hold up.
Leafsfan98 a aimé ceci.
Hier à 13 h 13
Quoting: palhal
I usually not in favour of giving contracts to players that take them to mid thirties or even later....especially Dmen. So many just hit the wall suddenly. OEL and his easy skating might be an exception. He might be good value for four years. Now Tanev,,,,I'd be concerned if his body can hold up.

Tanev is gonna end up on LTIR by year 5 or 6
Hier à 13 h 16
Hakuna Matata

By the time Tanev starts to fall got a feeling Leafs will have his replacement signed

As they can always move Liligren and next summer go after someone like Ekblad then shift Tanev down

Also JT's money comes off the books
Hier à 13 h 55
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 23,635
By the time Tanev starts to fall got a feeling Leafs will have his replacement signed

As they can always move Liligren and next summer go after someone like Ekblad then shift Tanev down

Also JT's money comes off the books

The real bargain would be if Niemela and/or Webber can competent NHLers next season...Even more cap for a UFA.
Hier à 13 h 55
Hakuna Matata
The real bargain would be if Niemela and/or Webber can competent NHLers next season...Even more cap for a UFA.

Niemela has a long way to go and Webber is basically Benoit

They dont really bring much

Yes they are on ELC's but the impact would not be as high as a good UFA
Hier à 16 h 11
Follow devknowspuck
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 10,219
@BeterChiarelli

I challenge you to a duel of legends at the exact coordinates of 40.3399° N, 127.5101° E

Best of luck to you solider and I will see you there

also thank u for keeping me in check the last three years ❤️
BigBallsBriere, EsoYeezus69, BeterChiarelli and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
Hier à 16 h 23
LIVIN ON A PRAYER
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,504
Quoting: capsfan2121
BeterChiarelli

I challenge you to a duel of legends at the exact coordinates of 40.3399° N, 127.5101° E

Best of luck to you solider and I will see you there

also thank u for keeping me in check the last three years ❤️

Imagine not doing your homework for 3 years and all you get out of it is a lousy beatdown in a North Korean gulag.
capsfan2121, BigBallsBriere, EsoYeezus69 and 5 others a aimé ceci.
Hier à 16 h 29
Follow devknowspuck
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 10,219
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
Imagine not doing your homework for 3 years and all you get out of it is a lousy beatdown in a North Korean gulag.

It was worth it
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
Hier à 17 h 26
Thank you Pavelski
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,525
As one of the final notes I wanna leave to this site before its wiped from existence, a reminder to everyone.

There's only two players in the league history that have been bought out twice:
- Anthony DeAngelo
- Ryan Suter

This information brings me happiness every time I remember it, and I want to share it to you people as well nod
EsoYeezus69 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
Hier à 17 h 30
Respect Mike Grier
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,640
Quoting: justaBoss
As one of the final notes I wanna leave to this site before its wiped from existence, a remainder to everyone.

- Anthony DeAngelo
- Ryan Suter

This information brings me happiness every time I remember it, and I want to share it to you people as well nod

Quoting: justaBoss
As one of the final notes I wanna leave to this site before its wiped from existence, a remainder to everyone.

- Anthony DeAngelo
- Ryan Suter

I'm in love with Justaboss (does that bring you happy thoughts)

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage