SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2023-2024 NHL Discussion Thread #6: The Quest for Lord Stanley's Cup

2 juin à 23 h 2
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,479
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
That’s where I think you’re wrong, Pavelski was excess weight and will likely retire (god bless him, shame he never got his cup). With him gone they’re in a spot where they can resign both and still be cap compliant (bye bye Suter).

Idk if they can keep Duchene unless he takes a big discount

DAL has 17m and this is with the Suter buyout

Harley, Lundkvist, Steel need extensions

Then they need a backup goalie, extend Tanev (probs 4.5m) and sign some other guys
2 juin à 23 h 2
Goodbye everyone
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,308
Canadas team is in the Stanley cup finals! Lol
gary_ a aimé ceci.
2 juin à 23 h 3
SHL NJD GM
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,586
Florida in 6
Rolfadinho a aimé ceci.
2 juin à 23 h 4
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Saskleaf
Canadas team is in the Stanley cup finals! Lol

Did the Canadian National Hockey team join the NHL

Would love their jerseys here lul
Rolfadinho et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
2 juin à 23 h 7
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: aadoyle
Man I dont think I have seen a more one sided potential final since VGK vs. FLA predictions

Bennett and Tkachuck gonna feast

FLA in 6

Bob becomes the second double digit player to hoist a cup and proves all his doubters wrong

Still one of the biggest turnarounds in NHL history and I still am wondering wtf happened

Man went from hot dog-water questions on how to buyout and or did we **** up to hey we got something here
Rolfadinho et CantStopWontStop a aimé ceci.
2 juin à 23 h 14
Jinx god
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 13,786
Idk if they can keep Duchene unless he takes a big discount

DAL has 17m and this is with the Suter buyout

Harley, Lundkvist, Steel need extensions

Then they need a backup goalie, extend Tanev (probs 4.5m) and sign some other guys

Duchene shouldn’t get more than ROR got, he just got bought out and he hasn’t proven himself more than O’Reilly had last year, Harley will get Klinger numbers (4.5), Lundkvist should be used a chip to dump either Faksa or Dadonov. Tanev will be around the 4 range, Steel won’t be more than a million, and Wedge will come back around that too.

It can work.
2 juin à 23 h 17
Hakuna Matata
Duchene shouldn’t get more than ROR got, he just got bought out and he hasn’t proven himself more than O’Reilly had last year, Harley will get Klinger numbers (4.5), Lundkvist should be used a chip to dump either Faksa or Dadonov. Tanev will be around the 4 range, Steel won’t be more than a million, and Wedge will come back around that too.

It can work.

I mean before ROR signed 4.5m x 4 years he had between STL and TOR he had 30 points total with 16 of those points being goals

Duchene had 25 goals and 65 points so I argue man might be in the 5.5m range
2 juin à 23 h 23
Jinx god
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 13,786
I mean before ROR signed 4.5m x 4 years he had between STL and TOR he had 30 points total with 16 of those points being goals

Duchene had 25 goals and 65 points so I argue man might be in the 5.5m range

Ror had a 0.61 average with the majority being in the playoffs, had great defensive play and leadership too.

Duchene on the other hand had a 0.72 average while being lackluster in the playoffs.

If he wants to price himself out, be my guest. They’ll find a replacement.
3 juin à 0 h 42
Hakuna Matata
Ror had a 0.61 average with the majority being in the playoffs, had great defensive play and leadership too.

Duchene on the other hand had a 0.72 average while being lackluster in the playoffs.

If he wants to price himself out, be my guest. They’ll find a replacement.

Honestly Chandler Stephenson feels like a nice target for em
3 juin à 2 h 41
ALL HAIL KING LOUI
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 121
Interesting fact: This will be Corey Perry's 4th Cup Final appearance at age 35 or older. (Dallas in 2020 at 35, Montreal in 2021 at 36, Tampa in 2022 at 37, and now Edmonton in 2024 at 39).
NorthernLeafsFan05 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
3 juin à 3 h 0
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: editor9999
Interesting fact: This will be Corey Perry's 4th Cup Final appearance at age 35 or older. (Dallas in 2020 at 35, Montreal in 2021 at 36, Tampa in 2022 at 37, and now Edmonton in 2024 at 39).

Yea dont bring that up with him

As 3 years in a row he got there and lost with 3 different teams
3 juin à 7 h 45
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,210
The weird thing is when DAL faced VGK they upped the physicality and matched them toe to toe

They do the same against the AVS but then in EDM its alright boyz were just gonna forget what we did R1 and 2 and are just skating like deer in the headlights

Yes there are 20 hits but they should look at what FLA does in terms of pinning opponents thats the strat these days

Man I feel for Van as they were the only team to give EDM an actual headache and if only Demko was healthy. May have been VAN vs. FLA already lul

Nothing against Silvos but not having Demko was arguably the it factor there.

Dallas was exhausted against the Oilers, the NHL playoff schedule did them no favours...
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
3 juin à 12 h 33
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,257
Curious where everyone's allegiance lies in this year's SCF matchup. Personally, I will be cheering on the best player in the world (Zach Hyman)
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
3 juin à 12 h 48
Rejoint: juin 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 225
I want some straight forward opinions for you guys.

So just as a starter, I'm a Rangers fan, you are all allowed to laugh at me for a minute.

But the most important question I have is the following:

When I look at Utah's team, I feel like they're lacking a center capable of getting around a point per game.

If Zibanejad waived his NMC and the NYR retained 1M of his 8,5M AAV until 2030, could a package of Mika Zibanejad, NYR's 2024 1st round pick (29-30 overall) and one of Drew Fortescue(2023 3rd rounder) or Bryce McConnell-Barker (2022 3rd rounder) be enough to acquire Utah's 6th overall pick from this season?

This season with Boston College, Fortescue recorded 4 goals and 4 assists in 40 games and made the US national team at the WJC, where he recorded 1 goal and 3 assists for 4 points in 7 games.

This season with the SOO Greyhounds, Bryce McConnell-Barker recorded 22 goals, and 29 assists for 51 points in 52 games.
3 juin à 13 h 14
Rejoint: août 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 142
Quoting: WJC_Enthusiast

So just as a starter, I'm a Rangers fan, you are all allowed to laugh at me for a minute.

When I look at Utah's team, I feel like they're lacking a center capable of getting around a point per game.

If Zibanejad waived his NMC and the NYR retained 1M of his 8,5M AAV until 2030, could a package of Mika Zibanejad, NYR's 2024 1st round pick (29-30 overall) and one of Drew Fortescue(2023 3rd rounder) or Bryce McConnell-Barker (2022 3rd rounder) be enough to acquire Utah's 6th overall pick from this season?

This season with Boston College, Fortescue recorded 4 goals and 4 assists in 40 games and made the US national team at the WJC, where he recorded 1 goal and 3 assists for 4 points in 7 games.

This season with the SOO Greyhounds, Bryce McConnell-Barker recorded 22 goals, and 29 assists for 51 points in 52 games.

Would be extremely short sighted for Utah. You have a shot at a cornerstone piece with the 6th pick. Zibanejad is a depreciating asset at this point. Consensus seems to be there is a drop off in prospects after pick 20. Utah's big prospects are still young and by the time they are ready to be significant players in the NHL, Zibanejad, whoever they get with a late first, and whatever other prospect they get won't have the same value as a 22is year old former 6th overall pick
3 juin à 13 h 37
Goodbye everyone
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,308
Quoting: NorthernLeafsFan05
Curious where everyone's allegiance lies in this year's SCF matchup. Personally, I will be cheering on the best player in the world (Zach Hyman)

Oilers all the way. I wish I would have become an oilers fan instead of a leafs fan lol but too late to change that now
NorthernLeafsFan05 a aimé ceci.
3 juin à 13 h 43
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: NorthernLeafsFan05

Lets cross off another team who dont have a cup off the list

From 11 to 10 we go
Rolfadinho a aimé ceci.
3 juin à 14 h 32
Hakuna Matata
Its kind of funny how if you look at the current NHL 2 teams make stupid sense for Marner but its also crazy for different reasons

VGK and OTT

OTT is looking to make a splash and has nice pieces but they a divisional rival

Meanwhile VGK just wants all the big toys and if we look at their history a Marner trade aint that far fetched its just a matter of HOW THE **** lul
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
3 juin à 14 h 42
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,062

Quoting: Turbo
Would be extremely short sighted for Utah. You have a shot at a cornerstone piece with the 6th pick. Zibanejad is a depreciating asset at this point. Consensus seems to be there is a drop off in prospects after pick 20. Utah's big prospects are still young and by the time they are ready to be significant players in the NHL, Zibanejad, whoever they get with a late first, and whatever other prospect they get won't have the same value as a 22is year old former 6th overall pick

Utah has Cooley who could be that guy and they have Hayton/McBain who they are still trying to figure out if they are top of the lineup NHL centers not to mention Conor Geekie in their prospect pool.

I'm sure if they wanted to shop the 6th overal pick to get a 1C they could do "better" than Zibanejad (meaning in AAV and remaining prime years): Josh Norris for example.

Compared to the free agent options: Elias Lindholm, Steven Stamkos, possibly Sam Reinhart, Sean Monahan, Chandler Stephenson the gap just doesn't seem worth it to miss out on a high end prospect for a team like Utah.
3 juin à 14 h 43
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: HockeyScotty
Utah has Cooley who could be that guy and they have Hayton/McBain who they are still trying to figure out if they are top of the lineup NHL centers not to mention Conor Geekie in their prospect pool.

I'm sure if they wanted to shop the 6th overal pick to get a 1C they could do "better" than Zibanejad (meaning in AAV and remaining prime years): Josh Norris for example.

Compared to the free agent options: Elias Lindholm, Steven Stamkos, possibly Sam Reinhart, Sean Monahan, Chandler Stephenson the gap just doesn't seem worth it to miss out on a high end prospect for a team like Utah.

I think considering who UTAH/Formally ARI has drafted I think Hayton is gonna get moved this summer
3 juin à 14 h 48
Its kind of funny how if you look at the current NHL 2 teams make stupid sense for Marner but its also crazy for different reasons

VGK and OTT

OTT is looking to make a splash and has nice pieces but they a divisional rival

Meanwhile VGK just wants all the big toys and if we look at their history a Marner trade aint that far fetched its just a matter of HOW THE **** lul

Wondering about Utah wanting to make a big splash too; plenty of cap room also.
3 juin à 14 h 51
I think considering who UTAH/Formally ARI has drafted I think Hayton is gonna get moved this summer

Yeah I can see that happening, Tourigny seems to really like McBain.

Hayton + Maccelli + picks to Toronto for Marner?
3 juin à 15 h 2
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: HockeyScotty
Yeah I can see that happening, Tourigny seems to really like McBain.

Hayton + Maccelli + picks to Toronto for Marner?

Its to big of a gamble trade for TOR

I like Maccelli but draft picks and Hayton are where the ? start to fly as moving a 90-100 point RW for that is a bit to risky IMO

TOR could probs get Hayton for a 3rd at this point considering his struggles and ARI has a lot of young C knocking at the door to

If Marner went to Utah most likely Keller would be the guy coming back
3 juin à 17 h 56
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 516

I think one thing that exists is that no matter what, Utah will have to move some picks, and probably some valuable ones.

They’ve simply got too many picks and existing high end talent, and there’s only so many developmental roster slots and roster slots in general.

This creates a problem for a nyr zibanijad trade as there would probably be insane competition for a high end deal with Utah, they can offer so much, but also have to, so it’s kinda a good deal to be in, and it’s not that z is a bad choice, it’s just there would be lotsa choices. They’d all have to randomly fall in love and I’d say it’s a very long shot. I don’t see why it couldn’t happen, but it def wouldn’t be the first guess I’d make.
3 juin à 18 h 28
Rejoint: juin 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 225
Quoting: Turbo

Thx for the response, although I will argue their future star player is Logan Cooley

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage