SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Leafs 2023 2024 Season Discussion Part 6 - Nearly Playoffs

8 avr. à 17 h 20
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,009
Quoting: oneX
For all the people who think Keefe is not an issue or don't have problems with him as the coach, Reaves being out during the final minutes of a game just points out why he isn't the coach that will elevate/inspire this team to win in the playoffs.

Let's be real, Game 7 of the SCF, Reaves isn't on the ice...

I think Keefe was testing his 4rth line to see what he can live with them being out for... Not necessarily out for the final minute, but if they get line matched with the 2nd line for a shift, can they handle it...

You saw who he put after right; Kampf-Matthews-Nylander
oneX a aimé ceci.
8 avr. à 17 h 35
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,636
Quoting: Leafsfan98
Let's be real, Game 7 of the SCF, Reaves isn't on the ice...

I think Keefe was testing his 4rth line to see what he can live with them being out for... Not necessarily out for the final minute, but if they get line matched with the 2nd line for a shift, can they handle it...

You saw who he put after right; Kampf-Matthews-Nylander

I mean this with the most respect possible...but WTF is a coach doing that THIS late in the season?

It's one thing to try things early in the season to try to find things that work, it's completely different with 10-ish games left. All I'm saying is...things should already be figured out and it's supposed to be about locking down on good habits so that when the playoffs begin, it's second nature and it's not something players are still iffy about.

It's maddening...
Trickster a aimé ceci.
8 avr. à 17 h 40
Leafs going to Leafs
I mean this with the most respect possible...but WTF is a coach doing that THIS late in the season?

It's one thing to try things early in the season to try to find things that work, it's completely different with 10-ish games left. All I'm saying is...things should already be figured out and it's supposed to be about locking down on good habits so that when the playoffs begin, it's second nature and it's not something players are still iffy about.

It's maddening...

It's bc Keefe knew the Leafs were going to make the playoffs at 99% confidence vs when they were in WC1 spot to begin it... Then add all the injuries, he's never really had a near full team to tinker with

And considering how many options he has currently for the 4rth line and the way he was playing his guys at the Florida/Tampa game, he's either:

1. Looking to see whether he has 3 or 4 lines he can roll, essentially seeing if he needs to run 11/7 or:

2. Holding his cards to himself because he knows any visible decision he makes will be overanalyzed, kind of like what Florida did last year and MTL did in '21
oneX a aimé ceci.
8 avr. à 18 h 26
hey look a squirrel
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,757
Modifié 9 avr. à 0 h 6
For all the people who think Keefe is not an issue or don't have problems with him as the coach, Reaves being out during the final minutes of a game just points out why he isn't the coach that will elevate/inspire this team to win in the playoffs.

As for using Reaves in the playoffs? Absolutely will need to have him in some games to keep the rats of other teams in check but definitely not a every game player for sure.

Goaltending is tricky because Woll is the guy of the future but he definitely hasn't earned the game 1 start. There's also Matt Murray and how he's had his surgery so...maybe he is a real option after whatever conditioning stint he goes through with the Marlies.

I guess the goalie stuff will depend on how Samsonov looks in game 1.

I am done with Keefe.

I'll admit I was wrong on Reaves, he was already more valuable than I thought he'd be.

Goaltending, Murray I am not sure I can get behind simply because 0 games played this season.

I'd support Woll before Murray, Samsonov has the net as it stands to me with a short leash.
oneX a aimé ceci.
8 avr. à 19 h 43
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,047
Modifié 8 avr. à 20 h 59
Leafs looked sleepy that period

Neither Rielly or Lybushkin moved Bunting from the crease allowing for an easy screen for that Rakell goal

Man Pitts 2nd line is scary now

Need a better 2nd period otherwise its gonna get ugly lul
8 avr. à 19 h 57
It's bc Keefe knew the Leafs were going to make the playoffs at 99% confidence vs when they were in WC1 spot to begin it... Then add all the injuries, he's never really had a near full team to tinker with

And considering how many options he has currently for the 4rth line and the way he was playing his guys at the Florida/Tampa game, he's either:

1. Looking to see whether he has 3 or 4 lines he can roll, essentially seeing if he needs to run 11/7 or:

2. Holding his cards to himself because he knows any visible decision he makes will be overanalyzed, kind of like what Florida did last year and MTL did in '21

Man...you are talking like Leafs are the only team that has dealt with injuries. Injuries happen but still doesn't mean you shy away from experimenting early in the season but have a solid plan that every player should be locked in on once the season is down to 30 games left.

How long has Keefe been the coach? Every season it seems to be the same song and dance. It's almost like he and the team is on auto pilot early on and then come March they realize "oh **** we need to have a solid plan of how we are going play in the playoffs".

Such a loser mentality..
8 avr. à 20 h 34
Hakuna Matata
Well our PK is getting reps at least.....
8 avr. à 20 h 38
Hakuna Matata
McMann wtf are you doing lul

Were trying to stay out of the box

Also what happened to playoff officiating lul

This just be jerk off Pitt give us 1 PP lul
8 avr. à 20 h 39
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: aadoyle
McMann wtf are you doing lul

Were trying to stay out of the box

Also what happened to playoff officiating lul

This just be jerk off Pitt give us 1 PP lul

NVM love u hockey gods lul

Good hand eye by Bobby to hit puck and not Crosby
8 avr. à 20 h 43
Hakuna Matata
We just gonna blow the whistle every time something happens with Crosby....

Like seriously never seen anyone else get that treatment lul
8 avr. à 21 h 5
average joe
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 100
Man...you are talking like Leafs are the only team that has dealt with injuries. Injuries happen but still doesn't mean you shy away from experimenting early in the season but have a solid plan that every player should be locked in on once the season is down to 30 games left.

How long has Keefe been the coach? Every season it seems to be the same song and dance. It's almost like he and the team is on auto pilot early on and then come March they realize "oh **** we need to have a solid plan of how we are going play in the playoffs".

Such a loser mentality..

I've seen man-games lost to injury.
How about $-games lost to injury. or point-games lost to injury based on salary $/game OR points/game prior to the injury.
oneX a aimé ceci.
8 avr. à 21 h 17
Lifelong Leafs Fan
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 215
I think it’s funny how this Leafs season thread has more comments than the NHL-wide one, approximately 900 more posts here too
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
8 avr. à 21 h 19
Hakuna Matata
Not counting the remainder of tonights game Leafs have 5 games left

Matthews needs 5 more to get 70 (will probs play 4 of the remaining 5 games)

Lets see but tying Ovie's 07-08 total is no small feat congrats to him
8 avr. à 21 h 26
Quoting: Messier99
I've seen man-games lost to injury.
How about $-games lost to injury. or point-games lost to injury based on salary $/game OR points/game prior to the injury.

That wasn't the point I was trying to make but...yeah.

I'm just ready for a coach who knows what they are doing instead of whatever Keefe has done/is trying to do here now. Perhaps a coaching change is what these players need to take the locked in approach to zeroing in on details.
8 avr. à 21 h 30
Hakuna Matata
Man you could just tell a tying goal was coming as Leafs just could not handle the changing momentum

Pitt just kept winning board battles and were just buzzing

Its a problem that just seems to rear its ugly head to often
8 avr. à 21 h 45
Hakuna Matata
What a nice set up by Matthews and Marner for that McCabe goal

And Bertuzzi with big brain not to jump on seeing the puck coming towards bench
8 avr. à 21 h 49
Lifelong Leafs Fan
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 215
Quoting: aadoyle
Not counting the remainder of tonights game Leafs have 5 games left

Matthews needs 5 more to get 70 (will probs play 4 of the remaining 5 games)

Lets see but tying Ovie's 07-08 total is no small feat congrats to him

I think Matthews only sits the last game if he has 70 already. No way he sits the last game while at 69, 68, or even 67 if Keefe wants to keep his job
8 avr. à 21 h 49
Hakuna Matata
Kind of funny McCabe is leading our Dman in goals now

What a steal at 2m for another season to

And he's playing his offside. Next year get him someone for the right side and oh boy
8 avr. à 21 h 50
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: LeafsForLife
I think Matthews only sits the last game if he has 70 already. No way he sits the last game while at 69, 68, or even 67 if Keefe wants to keep his job

I think he's sitting no matter what

Cant risk him getting hurt before playoffs

And thats what they usually do rest the big guys before playoffs
8 avr. à 22 h 26
Leafs going to Leafs

Such a loser mentality..

Nah, but they've gone though a stretch with Micheal Riafali-Maxim Lajoie was a thing... Toronto's lost so many guys, Keefe can't experiment... Rielly, Marner, Eddy, Libby, Gio, Lilly, McCabe, Jarny, Knies have all been injured at some point and with both goalies dealing with stuff... It's the kiss of death to try and expirement...
9 avr. à 8 h 56
Rip
Mentions "j'aime": 3,098
He's just got to give them a chance to win

Letting in bad goals isn't great at giving us a chance to win. Woll should be the starter
9 avr. à 8 h 58
Rip

As for using Reaves in the playoffs? Absolutely will need to have him in some games to keep the rats of other teams in check but definitely not a every game player for sure.

Goaltending is tricky because Woll is the guy of the future but he definitely hasn't earned the game 1 start. There's also Matt Murray and how he's had his surgery so...maybe he is a real option after whatever conditioning stint he goes through with the Marlies.

I guess the goalie stuff will depend on how Samsonov looks in game 1.

Keefe will make the wrong decision on the goaltending and not deviate until it's too late. It's his style.
9 avr. à 9 h 13
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: RipNasty
Letting in bad goals isn't great at giving us a chance to win. Woll should be the starter

Woll's confidence is too shaky rn.... And Sammy's on a heater
aadoyle a aimé ceci.
9 avr. à 10 h 53
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,215
So do we think Papi will score 70? He’s got to score 5 goals in 4 games, I’m going to say yes but it’s obviously not a guarantee and I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t get 70 either.

Also what would be funnier: 67 or 69 goals lol (I think 67 but let’s be honest both would be hilarious)
9 avr. à 11 h 4
Rip
Woll's confidence is too shaky rn.... And Sammy's on a heater

No it's not, that's just made up nonsense from TO media

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage