SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Leafs 2023 2024 Season Discussion Part 6 - Nearly Playoffs

7 avr. à 14 h 10
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,092
I just realized, let's just say Matthews has a point in every last regular season game and playoff game... He would tie the Maple Leaf record; During Game 7 of the 1rst Round

How I hate coincidences
NorthernLeafsFan05 a aimé ceci.
7 avr. à 17 h 5
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,304
Quoting: Leafsfan98
I just realized, let's just say Matthews has a point in every last regular season game and playoff game... He would tie the Maple Leaf record; During Game 7 of the 1rst Round

How I hate coincidences

What Leafs record?
7 avr. à 17 h 17
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
What Leafs record?

23 from Mitch Marner last year
7 avr. à 18 h 38
Rip
Mentions "j'aime": 3,163
Quoting: aadoyle
Timmins should be no where near the playoff lineup

Once Edmudson comes back liens are set

Liljegren as well. You must love watching the team get hemmed in their own end because it happens all the time when Rielly isn't on the ice. At this point both Gio and Brodie should sit. They are not good enough
7 avr. à 21 h 19
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: RipNasty
Liljegren as well. You must love watching the team get hemmed in their own end because it happens all the time when Rielly isn't on the ice. At this point both Gio and Brodie should sit. They are not good enough

Go run 11/7... We all know it's Keefe's ace up his sleeve and allows for creativity and can out cycle a shutdown line
RipNasty a aimé ceci.
7 avr. à 22 h 3
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,143
Go run 11/7... We all know it's Keefe's ace up his sleeve and allows for creativity and can out cycle a shutdown line

Nah no need to go 11-7 once Jarnkrok's back it causes to much confusion and last thing we need in playoffs is a to many men call

Dewar — Kampf — Jarnkrok is gonna be a nice 4th line

Dcore can just be rotation depending on whose struggling and thriving

Rielly-Lybushkin
Benoit-McCabe
Edmundson-Liligren
7 avr. à 22 h 17
Rip

Maybe
7 avr. à 22 h 18
Rip
Nah no need to go 11-7 once Jarnkrok's back it causes to much confusion and last thing we need in playoffs is a to many men call

Rielly-Lybushkin
Benoit-McCabe
Edmundson-Liligren

That's probably what I would go with for the Blueline as well. Still lacks a shutdown guy but playoff Rielly is incredible so who knows.
7 avr. à 22 h 19
Leafs going to Leafs

Rielly-Lybushkin
Benoit-McCabe
Edmundson-Liligren

Maybe

Keefe stinks 12/6... We all know that bc he makes too little adjustments too late... Using 11/7, it gives Matthews/Marner/Willy more reps with each other without increasing the eefectiveness of a shutdown line...

It also allows Keefe to play mind games with Maurice and we know that works... Look at Vegas in the SCF or any other WPG series in which they lose
7 avr. à 22 h 20
Leafs going to Leafs
That's probably what I would go with for the Blueline as well. Still lacks a shutdown guy but playoff Rielly is incredible so who knows.

If they do go 12/6, that's my ideal pairings too

and Eddy neutralized 97 and 29
7 avr. à 22 h 27
Rip
Keefe stinks 12/6... We all know that bc he makes too little adjustments too late... Using 11/7, it gives Matthews/Marner/Willy more reps with each other without increasing the eefectiveness of a shutdown line...

It also allows Keefe to play mind games with Maurice and we know that works... Look at Vegas in the SCF or any other WPG series in which they lose

Keefe just isn't as good of a coach as his record suggests. He'll get out coached
7 avr. à 22 h 30
Rip
If they do go 12/6, that's my ideal pairings too

and Eddy neutralized 97 and 29

I do imagine Edmundson gets better the deeper you go and the less the refs call anything. I think it was ok Kyper and Bourne last week sometime they had mentioned the Leafs PP collapsed in the 2nd round. It's crazy that more wasn't said about this but the Leafs had 1 PP in the entire 2nd round. And it's like that for everyone. The refs are a joke. So with that said, if you can get away with anything come the 2nd round, Edmundson all of a sudden has a lot more worth. Much like Schenn looked better in the 2nd round than the 1st.
7 avr. à 22 h 35
Rip

Rielly-Lybushkin
Benoit-McCabe
Edmundson-Liligren

I actually think Reaves will play in the playoffs. Maybe not every game, but definitely you want him there for game 1. Not that he's going to "protect" anyone but he's actually been somewhat effective recently. Seems to be skating well and he's best up some pretty tough guys this past month or two. I would say games 1 and 3 for sure. I don't know who comes out but I think Reaves is necessary if we play florida which seems like a certainty at this point.
7 avr. à 22 h 41
Hakuna Matata

I think Edmundson-McCabe would be fine if u really need a shutdown duo

Both are big physical guys who will make teams have trouble getting near the net. It reminds me of Muzzin-Brodie years ago

While its not the best it can be effective for specific situations

Cause what's great about the additions is u can always rotate to where Edmundson can play with McCabe and Liligren with Benoit
7 avr. à 22 h 44
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 7 avr. à 22 h 50
I actually think Reaves will play in the playoffs. Maybe not every game, but definitely you want him there for game 1. Not that he's going to "protect" anyone but he's actually been somewhat effective recently. Seems to be skating well and he's best up some pretty tough guys this past month or two. I would say games 1 and 3 for sure. I don't know who comes out but I think Reaves is necessary if we play florida which seems like a certainty at this point.

Im 50/50 and the main reason is besides fighting and some physicality he does not do much and at times u just have him out especially in a tightly contested 1 goal game

He's been better but when we look at the most ideal lineup him being out for Jarnkrok who can be used on PP/PK and in a close out situation is to be heavily considered.

As if u need toughness or physicality u still have Dewar, Domi, Edmundson, Benoit, and McCabe heck even Knies was no slouch

Now if in game 1 things got out of hand he goes in game 2 to settle things

Cause we saw in the FLA game he did a lot of good but when we were defending a lead man him being out which lead to the 4th goal was just a why
8 avr. à 9 h 30
Rip
I think Edmundson-McCabe would be fine if u really need a shutdown duo

Both are big physical guys who will make teams have trouble getting near the net. It reminds me of Muzzin-Brodie years ago

While its not the best it can be effective for specific situations

Cause what's great about the additions is u can always rotate to where Edmundson can play with McCabe and Liligren with Benoit

McCabe isn't actually all that big. He hits but he's also just not elite defensively. Muzzin when he came was way better than McCabe is. He's been better for sure but the Kucherov's of the league won't be worried going up against him. Edmundson is going to cross check everyone but he'll get beat with speed often. They will get hemmed in all the time and bleed chances against.
8 avr. à 9 h 36
Rip
Im 50/50 and the main reason is besides fighting and some physicality he does not do much and at times u just have him out especially in a tightly contested 1 goal game

He's been better but when we look at the most ideal lineup him being out for Jarnkrok who can be used on PP/PK and in a close out situation is to be heavily considered.

As if u need toughness or physicality u still have Dewar, Domi, Edmundson, Benoit, and McCabe heck even Knies was no slouch

Now if in game 1 things got out of hand he goes in game 2 to settle things

Cause we saw in the FLA game he did a lot of good but when we were defending a lead man him being out which lead to the 4th goal was just a why

That's a Keefe issue more than anything, defending a lead with Reaves out on the ice is obviously ridiculous.

However, game 1 vs Florida is 100% going to get out of hand. It'll be nuts. Having Reaves in the lineup to run everyone is going to be a good idea. Game 2 he can come out and back in for game 3. I think it was Adam Oats on Kyper and Bourne who was saying those are the two really emotional games. The first game gets silly, and then the 2nd game calms down and then when you switch back to the other teams barn it gets silly again. Then it'll be calm again. As calm as playoff hockey gets anyways. I don't know who comes out, maybe it is Jarnkrok since he's missed so much time. Also injuries will happen as well.
oneX a aimé ceci.
8 avr. à 10 h 49
Leafs going to Leafs
Keefe just isn't as good of a coach as his record suggests. He'll get out coached

He's not good at late game adjustments... All coaches have flaws... Keefe's biggest flaw is more apparent as it happens all of a sudden and very late...

I do imagine Edmundson gets better the deeper you go and the less the refs call anything. I think it was ok Kyper and Bourne last week sometime they had mentioned the Leafs PP collapsed in the 2nd round. It's crazy that more wasn't said about this but the Leafs had 1 PP in the entire 2nd round. And it's like that for everyone. The refs are a joke. So with that said, if you can get away with anything come the 2nd round, Edmundson all of a sudden has a lot more worth. Much like Schenn looked better in the 2nd round than the 1st.

I think this Leafs team should get away with stuff unlike last year, which will bring Eddy's worth up... Oilers had 5 PPs and none of them were Eddy...

I don't see the refs making the penalties 7-3 in favour of Florida or Boston
8 avr. à 12 h 6
Rip
He's not good at late game adjustments... All coaches have flaws... Keefe's biggest flaw is more apparent as it happens all of a sudden and very late...

I think this Leafs team should get away with stuff unlike last year, which will bring Eddy's worth up... Oilers had 5 PPs and none of them were Eddy...

I don't see the refs making the penalties 7-3 in favour of Florida or Boston

Well if we go off last year vs Florida, the penalties will be 0-0. At least we have a defence that can handle that a bit better.
8 avr. à 12 h 41
Leafs going to Leafs
Well if we go off last year vs Florida, the penalties will be 0-0. At least we have a defence that can handle that a bit better.

And Matthews will probably be angry after leading the NHL in shots during RD 2 while getting 0 goals
8 avr. à 13 h 19
Rip
And Matthews will probably be angry after leading the NHL in shots during RD 2 while getting 0 goals

Bad luck eh? The guy hit the post 5 times in the 2nd round. In any case the keys to TO winning a round will be adjusting to what the other team does and Marner not getting in his head. Both of those are highly unlikely unfortunately. At least with the coach we have.
8 avr. à 15 h 29
Leafs going to Leafs
Bad luck eh? The guy hit the post 5 times in the 2nd round. In any case the keys to TO winning a round will be adjusting to what the other team does and Marner not getting in his head. Both of those are highly unlikely unfortunately. At least with the coach we have.

Frankly, it depends on goaltending... Nobody was beaten .950 Bob... If Sammy can play .905+ save % hockey, Leafs should win
8 avr. à 16 h 47
Rip
Frankly, it depends on goaltending... Nobody was beaten .950 Bob... If Sammy can play .905+ save % hockey, Leafs should win

Sammy as the starter is a great way to ensure we don't win. He's going to blow up, did more often than not in the playoffs last year. A couple of bad goals, which he has still been letting in on his current run, and the Leafs lose.
8 avr. à 17 h 3
Leafs going to Leafs
Sammy as the starter is a great way to ensure we don't win. He's going to blow up, did more often than not in the playoffs last year. A couple of bad goals, which he has still been letting in on his current run, and the Leafs lose.

He's just got to give them a chance to win
8 avr. à 17 h 13
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,661
That's a Keefe issue more than anything, defending a lead with Reaves out on the ice is obviously ridiculous.

However, game 1 vs Florida is 100% going to get out of hand. It'll be nuts. Having Reaves in the lineup to run everyone is going to be a good idea. Game 2 he can come out and back in for game 3. I think it was Adam Oats on Kyper and Bourne who was saying those are the two really emotional games. The first game gets silly, and then the 2nd game calms down and then when you switch back to the other teams barn it gets silly again. Then it'll be calm again. As calm as playoff hockey gets anyways. I don't know who comes out, maybe it is Jarnkrok since he's missed so much time. Also injuries will happen as well.

For all the people who think Keefe is not an issue or don't have problems with him as the coach, Reaves being out during the final minutes of a game just points out why he isn't the coach that will elevate/inspire this team to win in the playoffs.

As for using Reaves in the playoffs? Absolutely will need to have him in some games to keep the rats of other teams in check but definitely not a every game player for sure.

Goaltending is tricky because Woll is the guy of the future but he definitely hasn't earned the game 1 start. There's also Matt Murray and how he's had his surgery so...maybe he is a real option after whatever conditioning stint he goes through with the Marlies.

I guess the goalie stuff will depend on how Samsonov looks in game 1.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage