SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2023-2024 NHL Discussion Thread #4: Deadline is Approaching

8 mars à 21 h 57
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,966
Quoting: HockeyScotty
Canucks? Already a great team but TDL silence (not even a contract for Kessel)

I mean they did trade for Lindholm

That was a good chunk of assets to get him. Also didnt have a tonne of cap and to move someone like Mikheyev would have costed them assets

Basically there hands were tied. Also guess they decided to maybe do Kessel this summer as I believe if he signed now would have been live Perry with bonus and stuff and maybe they didnt want that now
8 mars à 21 h 59
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: NorthernLeafsFan05
Islanders

Its Lou though so you kind of expected that

Hes only made 1 good TDL trade in all his history and even thats been questioned
8 mars à 21 h 59
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: MGK
Has to be the Penguins. No coaching change, somewhat disappointing returns for the guys they were able to move, added a cap dump in Bunting, gave CBJ Nylander

Penguins I feel are not the biggest losers but are not out of the loser category
8 mars à 22 h 3
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 952
Quoting: aadoyle
I mean they did trade for Lindholm

That was a good chunk of assets to get him. Also didnt have a tonne of cap and to move someone like Mikheyev would have costed them assets

Basically there hands were tied. Also guess they decided to maybe do Kessel this summer as I believe if he signed now would have been live Perry with bonus and stuff and maybe they didnt want that now

Yeah I meant the finale I guess. Being connected to Guentzel, Toffoli, etc abd then nothing was surprising. I don't think they needed to add in truth
8 mars à 22 h 7
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: HockeyScotty
Yeah I meant the finale I guess. Being connected to Guentzel, Toffoli, etc abd then nothing was surprising. I don't think they needed to add in truth

Those were gonna be very hard to pull off with their cap space. Basically Mikheyev would have had to go the other way and hes not been a positive asset recently
8 mars à 22 h 13
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 473
Playoff teams/in the race with all their firsts, think I got them all:

Rangers, Islanders, Stars, Hurricanes, Kings

Flyers have 5 total over next 3 years, predators 4.

Kinda stingy year considering the trade deadline started with Boston, both floridas, and one other can’t remember missing multiple firsts already. Maybe just those 3. Still, that’s 10 total firsts that weren’t moved from playoff teams, either because they did last year or didn’t move.
edeangel84 a aimé ceci.
8 mars à 22 h 32
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: CantStopWontStop
Playoff teams/in the race with all their firsts, think I got them all:

Rangers, Islanders, Stars, Hurricanes, Kings

Flyers have 5 total over next 3 years, predators 4.

Kinda stingy year considering the trade deadline started with Boston, both floridas, and one other can’t remember missing multiple firsts already. Maybe just those 3. Still, that’s 10 total firsts that weren’t moved from playoff teams, either because they did last year or didn’t move.

Lot of the Atlantic teams made more conservative trades it seemed while the west was like **** it NUKE

Heck even the Metro made more intriguing moves.
CantStopWontStop a aimé ceci.
8 mars à 23 h 19
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 502
Quoting: aadoyle
Its Lou though so you kind of expected that

Hes only made 1 good TDL trade in all his history and even thats been questioned

Lou has never believed in remaking his roster mid-season. Used to be slightly more active in the NJ days. Arnott and Langenbrunner one year.

Mostly center and defense depth at the deadline.
8 mars à 23 h 24
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Pompadour_de_Armstrong
Lou has never believed in remaking his roster mid-season. Used to be slightly more active in the NJ days. Arnott and Langenbrunner one year.

Mostly center and defense depth at the deadline.

Lou's priority is pay and then complain or make a move then when you look back on it is just why

Only surprise was Horvat and Pageau trades
9 mars à 2 h 10
JimmyPaek
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,175
I feel like 90% of the Leafs posts on ACGM must be made by Don Cherry’s grandkids because they’re all the same “pi**y vinegar” and snot stuff.
9 mars à 2 h 25
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,041
Quoting: edeangel84
I feel like 90% of the Leafs posts on ACGM must be made by Don Cherry’s grandkids because they’re all the same “pi**y vinegar” and snot stuff.

What do you expect from a Fandom that's been so starved of that for the last few years? We've watched those exact kind of teams bully us out of the playoffs time and time again, its about time we have some bruisers of our own
9 mars à 9 h 14
Logan Couture unfortunately sat down for the season.

Sharks Depth Chart is looking crazy. Imma have to catch a few of their games. Interesting to see how they do over full games.
9 mars à 9 h 27
Respect Mike Grier
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,597
Trade Deadline Winners And Losers:

Winners:
Vegas - Traded for everyone lol,
Carolina - Got best player available without giving up premium assets, got a reclamtion project in Kuzy who might revive his career
Colorado - Solified their top 6 with Mitts, and added a solid defenseman in Walker, who plays their style and is probably a better fit than Byram for their playoff run for this year.
Philly - Stuck to the rebuild plan sold high on Walker and added another first. Gurianov was a sneaky add, fast and huge, could be a nice little project for Torts. EJ is a Vet, Flyers needed bodies on D with Seeler, Drysdale, Ristolainen injured. York being banged up and Walker traded. EJ is a body with a lot of experience should be a good fit for the room.
San Jose - They stuck to their rebuild, When Grier got there that team needed a tear down with the lack of prospects/picks, current depth, and age of the stars. And Grier has done that. This was the most amount of value he was gonna ever get for Hertl who wouldn't have played in a meaningful game with San Jose again anyway. He got 2 firsts, They have a good chance at Celebrini, a ton of cap space now. Also got good value on Duclair.

Losers:
Leafs - Didn't aim high enough, waste of a deadline. Another year wasted of Matthews and Marners career
Vancouver - Didn't do anything, Lindholm ehh. Lost out on Guentzel
Rags - Acuired mid players paid high prices
Calgary - Lost every trade 60-40
Dallas - Didn't do enough, still have Hakapaa and Suter on their top 6 d
Boston - Overpaid for Peeke who doesn't even play full time for CBJ, Ullmark deal fell through.
9 mars à 9 h 39
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,266
Quoting: ARMCHAIRGMOFTHEYEAR

Winners:
Carolina - Got best player available without giving up premium assets, got a reclamtion project in Kuzy who might revive his career
Colorado - Solified their top 6 with Mitts, and added a solid defenseman in Walker, who plays their style and is probably a better fit than Byram for their playoff run for this year.
Philly - Stuck to the rebuild plan sold high on Walker and added another first. Gurianov was a sneaky add, fast and huge, could be a nice little project for Torts. EJ is a Vet, Flyers needed bodies on D with Seeler, Drysdale, Ristolainen injured. York being banged up and Walker traded. EJ is a body with a lot of experience should be a good fit for the room.
San Jose - They stuck to their rebuild, When Grier got there that team needed a tear down with the lack of prospects/picks, current depth, and age of the stars. And Grier has done that. This was the most amount of value he was gonna ever get for Hertl who wouldn't have played in a meaningful game with San Jose again anyway. He got 2 firsts, They have a good chance at Celebrini, a ton of cap space now. Also got good value on Duclair.

Losers:
Leafs - Didn't aim high enough, waste of a deadline. Another year wasted of Matthews and Marners career
Boston - Overpaid for Peeke who doesn't even play full time for CBJ, Ullmark deal fell through.

Yep. Very disappointing. Didn't have much hope that we could put together a roster that I think has an actual shot this year, so I understand not aiming high on rentals, but they should've taken a more "present and future" approach rather than wasting our limited assets on bottom of the lineup rentals.

Disagree on the Sharks though. Hertl for David Edstrom and like a 35-45 pick improvement, plus throwing another 3rd back their way AND retaining on Hertl... that was brutal for them, imo.
BigBallsBriere a aimé ceci.
9 mars à 9 h 52
Respect Mike Grier
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,597
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
Yep. Very disappointing. Didn't have much hope that we could put together a roster that I think has an actual shot this year, so I understand not aiming high on rentals, but they should've taken a more "present and future" approach rather than wasting our limited assets on bottom of the lineup rentals.

Disagree on the Sharks though. Hertl for David Edstrom and like a 35-45 pick improvement, plus throwing another 3rd back their way AND retaining on Hertl... that was brutal for them, imo.

The 35-45 pick improvement is a lot. Most 3rd round picks don't do anything after Juniors. You have a lot better chance of drafting an NHLer with any 1st rounder.

They had to retain, I can't see any team taking on Hertl for 8m for 6 years. He's a 2C on a contender, and that even pricy for a 2C, in a few year what is he? Is 34 year old Hertl still a legit 2C? Cause 8m is a lot to have on your 3rd line.

If there was a better deal available, San Jose would've taken it. They had to sell before his value plummets, and he's another Couture/vlasic -- expensive player, hard to move, little value --.

Do you see San Jose being able to contend any time soon with Hertl? Cause I don't whatsoever. Wilson left them in a spot where they had to rebuild it from ground up.

Hertl wasn't gonna advance their rebuild in anyway, The 1st and Edstrom do.
9 mars à 10 h 18
The 35-45 pick improvement is a lot. Most 3rd round picks don't do anything after Juniors. You have a lot better chance of drafting an NHLer with any 1st rounder.

They had to retain, I can't see any team taking on Hertl for 8m for 6 years. He's a 2C on a contender, and that even pricy for a 2C, in a few year what is he? Is 34 year old Hertl still a legit 2C? Cause 8m is a lot to have on your 3rd line.

If there was a better deal available, San Jose would've taken it. They had to sell before his value plummets, and he's another Couture/vlasic -- expensive player, hard to move, little value --.

Do you see San Jose being able to contend any time soon with Hertl? Cause I don't whatsoever. Wilson left them in a spot where they had to rebuild it from ground up.

Hertl wasn't gonna advance their rebuild in anyway, The 1st and Edstrom do.

The difference really isn't THAT crazy. It's notable, for sure, but the fact that SJ sent those picks back here is a joke.

Retaining is the smart move if it helps you get bang for your buck, just don't think they did here.

You can say they would've taken a better deal if it was available about pretty much any trade ever. But timing is key. They weren't backed into a corner and HAD to move off him right now. It might have been the best deal there yesterday, but I don't imagine the field to acquire a $6.75m player mid-season was very big... Not many teams could make that work. They traded him from a position of low-leverage. I'd bet my life's savings they could've done better in the offseason (either this past one or this upcoming)
9 mars à 11 h 3
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,386
Quoting: CantStopWontStop
Logan Couture unfortunately sat down for the season.

Sharks Depth Chart is looking crazy. Imma have to catch a few of their games. Interesting to see how they do over full games.

Since both Vanecek and Blackwood are hurt their tandem is Chrona-Cooley, it’s full on tank season in San Jose
9 mars à 11 h 45
JimmyPaek
https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/815105

This is what being deranged looks like…
9 mars à 11 h 50
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,041
Quoting: edeangel84
https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/815105

This is what being deranged looks like…

Hes not entirely right, but those are definitely guys that Dubas really likes. I do find it funny that he conveniently left off guys like Acciari, Schenn, ROR, and Foligno who are all polar opposites of those guys lmao
9 mars à 12 h 0
Hes not entirely right, but those are definitely guys that Dubas really likes. I do find it funny that he conveniently left off guys like Acciari, Schenn, ROR, and Foligno who are all polar opposites of those guys lmao

McCabe, Muzzin, Clifford, Simmonds, Lafferty, Ritchie...

People just see what they wanna see with Dubas
NorthernLeafsFan05 a aimé ceci.
9 mars à 12 h 25
JimmyPaek

There’s a sizeable portion of Leafs fans who have a bizarre hate of the guy. I sincerely do not understand it.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
9 mars à 12 h 32
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,273
Looks like Kuznetsov will center Kotkaniemi and Fast on the fourth line
9 mars à 12 h 33
we miss leo k
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,107
Islanders

It is the day after the trade deadline and the Islanders still have every draft pick they started yesterday with, I'd call that a win. They're on the outside of the playoff picture even with their current 5-game winning streak, and I don't relish the idea of giving up a potential lottery pick on the outside chance they sneak in this year.

I wouldn't have hated getting a guy like Anthony Duclair to upgrade the wing group, but beyond him I don't really think there were any guys moved for a mid-round pick that would've been an upgrade for the team. If anything, I'm mildly disappointed that they went into the deadline with $2.4M in LTIR cap space and Scott Mayfield basically out through the playoffs and didn't decide to try and snag a pick as a 3rd party retainer - but we know the likelihood of Lou doing something like that is next to nothing.
CantStopWontStop a aimé ceci.
9 mars à 13 h 29
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 9 mars à 13 h 34

Winners:

Losers:

Yea there be issues with this list.

Based on your preference PHI should also be in the loser category with Leafs and Rangers

But everyone titled to an opinion
9 mars à 14 h 45
Modifié 9 mars à 14 h 54
I don’t mind the leafs deadline.

It’s like drafting goalies or getting socks for Christmas.

Dewar should be a nice skater for them benefiting multiple years, Edmundson’s brand is stable and well established. They kept their first, which maybe is the best strategy of all of them unless you’re adding term.

Yall got 8 years of great hockey players. I think it’s okay to have a pace of pulling assets forward that isn’t reckless. You can still pull forward, just 75% or so, wait for outstanding deals to pull 100%.

It’s not an awful deadline. Is meh.
NorthernLeafsFan05 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage