SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2023-2024 NHL Discussion Thread #4: Deadline is Approaching

6 mars à 23 h 43
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 502
Quoting: aadoyle
I feel they would want to move him for picks. And hes got term so they could get a 1st despite the struggle this season which is out of character for him

AZ has lots of picks. Zucker is a good rental. I can see them working something out.
6 mars à 23 h 43
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,020
Quoting: Canesfan21_
Buchnevich for Slavin eh guys? Cmon we’re better than this

U really want to move one of the most underrated Dman for Buch?

Why

Every team wishes for a Dman like him

Just spend the picks and prospects go get em
6 mars à 23 h 46
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,044
U really want to move one of the most underrated Dman for Buch?

Why

Every team wishes for a Dman like him

Just spend the picks and prospects go get em

Nah a blues fan made that trade in an armchair GM
edeangel84 a aimé ceci.
6 mars à 23 h 48
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 18,419
Flames fans have been done a terrible disservice by their “insiders” promising them huge deals with huge returns.

1. Always trust the comps
2. Top-25 prospects (or even top-50) rarely get traded.
3. Don’t listen to anonymous internet people

Signed,

Anonymous internet person
aadoyle, HockeyScotty, CantStopWontStop and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
6 mars à 23 h 50
Hakuna Matata
Big TDL targets still available

Guentzel, Chycrun, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Toffoli
6 mars à 23 h 51
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: NHLfan10506
Flames fans have been done a terrible disservice by their “insiders” promising them huge deals with huge returns.

1. Always trust the comps
2. Top-25 prospects (or even top-50) rarely get traded.
3. Don’t listen to anonymous internet people

Signed,

Anonymous internet person

Still remember their ACGM's when they were like "HES GONNA GET MORE"

Conroy

no-pernalonga.gif
6 mars à 23 h 52

Three with term, one with GM saying he is still trying to extend.
aadoyle a aimé ceci.
6 mars à 23 h 52
Hakuna Matata
Three with term, one with GM saying he is still trying to extend.

Yep

Now I do think we could see more surprises but yea these be the 5 rn.

Everyone else just be depth adds.
6 mars à 23 h 53
Still remember their ACGM's when they were like "HES GONNA GET MORE"

Conroy

Me in 2019: “it’s Byram+1st or Söderstrom+1st” for Hall.

(We’ve all been there…)
6 mars à 23 h 57
Hakuna Matata
Me in 2019: “it’s Byram+1st or Söderstrom+1st” for Hall.

(We’ve all been there…)

My fav was its gonna cost your left kidney + 1st for Zadorov

Went for 3rd and 5th tears of joy

But its like the Toffoli trade was the warning side for Conroy lul

Now yes that one of his few trades thats looked nice other than the Lindholm trade but still guys just got mugged 3 times on his 3 Dman

Could have did a blockbuster with Brad back in NOV to get more value for Zadorov + Tanev but was not wowed. How did getting taken out and mugged do yah Conroy lul
NHLfan10506 a aimé ceci.
7 mars à 1 h 2
mokumboi
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,371
And of course, the "insiders" were waaaaay off on the Hanifin return. How any of them keep their audiences is beyond me. They just make up stuff and everyone laps it up. Blows my mind.

Buch is not available, brother. Teams calling nonstop does not = available.
7 mars à 1 h 4
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: mokumboi
And of course, the "insiders" were waaaaay off on the Hanifin return. How any of them keep their audiences is beyond me. They just make up stuff and everyone laps it up. Blows my mind.

Buch is not available, brother. Teams calling nonstop does not = available.

He is but the Blues just have to be blown away with the offer. No need to rush just see whats out there then make a move.

As for them especially they should be eying some selling and teams pay big for guys like him
7 mars à 1 h 6
mokumboi
He is but the Blues just have to be blown away with the offer.

As for them especially they should be eying some selling and teams pay big for guys like him

Uh no. He's not and that is not what that means.

As for selling, we will happily discuss Krug, Faulk and Schenn any time anyone pleases. Happy to sell cheap.
7 mars à 1 h 8
Hakuna Matata
Uh no. He's not and that is not what that means.

As for selling, we will happily discuss Krug, Faulk and Schenn any time anyone pleases. Happy to sell cheap.

Idk why u say hes not when multiple insiders have said he is they just need to be blown away with the offer. Like EDM made an offer but the NTC got in the way so they shifted elsewhere

Like none of those guys will get yah much if anything. Hes the guy with value rn especially if ret is involved
7 mars à 1 h 10
mokumboi
Idk why u say hes not when multiple insiders have said he is they just need to be blown away with the offer.

Like none of those guys will get yah much if anything. Hes the guy with value rn.

I dare you to find one "insider" (seriously, dude?) that says the Blues have made Buch available or that they are shopping him or any of that jazz. Not only do you trust obvious charlatans, you don;t even actually listen to what they say. It's like the kid's game Telephone.

The value in trading those guys does not rely on returns.
7 mars à 1 h 16
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 7 mars à 1 h 24
I dare you to find one "insider" (seriously, dude?) that says the Blues have made Buch available or that they are shopping him or any of that jazz. Not only do you trust obvious charlatans, you don;t even actually listen to what they say. It's like the kid's game Telephone.

The value in trading those guys does not rely on returns.

As said before they need to be blown away with the offer

This means teams come to them and go hey is this guy available maybe what you offering

As if you straight up say hes available the return wont be as good instead of playing hardball like hmm idk

Jeremy Rutherford already wrote an article about it back on Feb 22 and he covers STL

Per his article

they are listening, which they’d be foolish not to, considering the current state of the trade market, with very few true difference makers available.

The source said the club would have to be wowed by an offer to even consider it.

Then you got Frank who yes take with a pinch of salt saying they wanna get creative. That im putting an * to but who knows.

Its a wait and see but with him being the highest valued player he could get a pretty tweet return rn. So its not active shopping but that also dont mean not available as listening can eventually lead to alright I like the package deal

Like if CAR comes and goes 2 1sts + Niskinin or Morrow STL would be fools to say no

As once Guentzel goes the calls could intensify for Buchnevich as he would be the best wing out there potentially available
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
7 mars à 1 h 25
hes dynamite
Rejoint: févr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 36
One thing for the insiders, is, we had a couple years where the there was serious cap crunch and a good player with a cheap expiring contract had an inflated value. People went from spending massive assets to get any cap space to, whatever you need for 1 yr is a 4/5th. They just havent adjusted their expectations to a world where the cap is growing again it seems to me. I could be wrong though, maybe theres nothing but hot air between their ears.
7 mars à 2 h 21
mokumboi
As said before they need to be blown away with the offer

This means teams come to them and go hey is this guy available maybe what you offering

As if you straight up say hes available the return wont be as good instead of playing hardball like hmm idk

Jeremy Rutherford already wrote an article about it back on Feb 22 and he covers STL

Per his article

they are listening, which they’d be foolish not to, considering the current state of the trade market, with very few true difference makers available.

The source said the club would have to be wowed by an offer to even consider it.

Then you got Frank who yes take with a pinch of salt saying they wanna get creative. That im putting an * to but who knows.

Its a wait and see but with him being the highest valued player he could get a pretty tweet return rn. So its not active shopping but that also dont mean not available as listening can eventually lead to alright I like the package deal

Like if CAR comes and goes 2 1sts + Niskinin or Morrow STL would be fools to say no

As once Guentzel goes the calls could intensify for Buchnevich as he would be the best wing out there potentially available

Okaaaay. Exactly none of that qualifies as "available". We'll listen but won;t even consider it unless the offer wows us does not = available. Feel free to dazzle us if you must, but we're not looking to trade him does not = avaliable.

Words have meanings, man. Hanifin was available. Henrique was available. Buch is not available. Listening to desperate teams trying to top each other is indeed smart, which is why he's doing that.

And Seravalli "reported" glaringly obvious stuff that had already been discussed tons of time and pretended it was some huge, meaningful scoop. He's clickbait nonsense in human form.
7 mars à 7 h 45
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 483
I’ll trust Elliott Friedman over some random person on the internet 1 million times out of 1 million.

Buchnevich is being shopped. The Blues are open for business.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
7 mars à 7 h 49
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,277
Quoting: CantStopWontStop
I’ll trust Elliott Friedman over some random person on the internet 1 million times out of 1 million.

Anyone who says otherwise is just waffling.
7 mars à 8 h 2
JimmyPaek
Mentions "j'aime": 1,175
And Seravalli "reported" glaringly obvious stuff that had already been discussed tons of time and pretended it was some huge, meaningful scoop. He's clickbait nonsense in human form.

Yes this times 100!
BeterChiarelli a aimé ceci.
7 mars à 8 h 54
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,001
Quoting: edeangel84
He’s number 2.

So many good memories associated with Kunitz
edeangel84 a aimé ceci.
7 mars à 9 h 1
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,001
Quoting: Pompadour_de_Armstrong
I don't think Robertson has much trade value. More valuable to the Leafs if he can stay healthy.

Robertson's in the doghouse... I wouldn't be shocked if he gets traded for a guy like Hague
7 mars à 9 h 12
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 303
Quoting: CantStopWontStop

Sounds like when Hagel 'wasn't being shopped'. Brisebois started this trend and I'm glad it blew up in his face with Jeannot.
7 mars à 10 h 2
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 483
Modifié 7 mars à 10 h 13
I want Lawson Crouse on the St. Louis blues and I’m willing to pay 1 Jordan Kyrou. I’d also consider a Zegras, and I can be greedy and wish for a Brady Tkachuk or a Clayton Keller. But I’d settle on Lawson Crouse today. 1:1. I’ll throw in the first thing you ask for that doesn’t get me fired too. Ski trip to steamboat springs, a first, whatever.

I did this last deadline too. And the one before that. He’s not getting traded. It would be fun to have 2 Jake neighbors. All your netfront are belong to us.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage