Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,476
Damn this jets team might be the most resilient team I’ve ever watched
3 mars à 22 h 26
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,949
Quoting: aadoyle
Its not clean, he leaves his feet and takes 4 strides to make that hit with no puck in play so fast the ref ran out of the way. A 6'7 guy should have 0 reason to leave his feet to hit a guy 5 inches shorter

https://twitter.com/FAN590/status/1764144154223706495?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Someone who worked for a hockeyteam on the right defined it as a charge

Need to google the def of a charge vs a big hit as what Rempe did was not hitting.

Even NYR announcers were like did he leave his feet

Cant be doing that

Rempe glided into the hit and didn't have head be principal point of contact
3 mars à 22 h 57
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,972
Quoting: Leafsfan98
Rempe glided into the hit and didn't have head be principal point of contact

That does not mean its clean. Leaving your feet is a no no for a hit

Rule 42 - Charging 42.1 Charging - A minor or major penalty shall be imposed on a player who skates or jumps into, or charges an opponent in any manner.
3 mars à 22 h 59
Leafs going to Leafs
That does not mean its clean. Leaving your feet is a no no for a hit

Rule 42 - Charging 42.1 Charging - A minor or major penalty shall be imposed on a player who skates or jumps into, or charges an opponent in any manner.

At Rempe's first point of contact, feet were on the ground... He finished high, but in playoffs, that's the norm...
3 mars à 23 h 5
Hakuna Matata
At Rempe's first point of contact, feet were on the ground... He finished high, but in playoffs, that's the norm...

He leaves his feet before contact. I dont know why your defending this

Its not the norm to charge lul

Thats a penalty all day, Heck Clifford did something similar and got suspended a game
3 mars à 23 h 6
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 314
Looks like the acquire everyone over 30 experiment in Pittsburgh has failed.
3 mars à 23 h 9
Ban Price trades
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,455
He finished high, but in playoffs, that's the norm...

An admission that the hit is only legal once the league throws its rulebook out isn't the praise for the hit you think it is.
aadoyle et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
4 mars à 0 h 28
Mentions "j'aime": 502
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
An admission that the hit is only legal once the league throws its rulebook out isn't the praise for the hit you think it is.

It's a two-minute charge because he came so far across the ice to make the hit. He's allowed to leave his feet after making contact.

Did he need to? No, he wanted to blow Boosh up. Is that appreciated? No. Will he get knocked around if he does things like that? Yes, and he has. Look at his face. He's huge and playing on the edge. It'll bite him eventually. Especially if he doesn't learn how to fight defensively.

This is all a tempest in a teapot over a two-minute charge where unfortunately Boosh got hurt. I don't understand the hand-wringing and complaining that he left his feet. He's allowed to leave his feet after making contact. He's not allowed to leave his feet in an attempt to make contact. That's been the rule forever.
4 mars à 1 h 58
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 4 mars à 2 h 36
Quoting: Pompadour_de_Armstrong
It's a two-minute charge because he came so far across the ice to make the hit. He's allowed to leave his feet after making contact.

Did he need to? No, he wanted to blow Boosh up. Is that appreciated? No. Will he get knocked around if he does things like that? Yes, and he has. Look at his face. He's huge and playing on the edge. It'll bite him eventually. Especially if he doesn't learn how to fight defensively.

This is all a tempest in a teapot over a two-minute charge where unfortunately Boosh got hurt. I don't understand the hand-wringing and complaining that he left his feet. He's allowed to leave his feet after making contact. He's not allowed to leave his feet in an attempt to make contact. That's been the rule forever.

He left his feet before making contact though and charged. And no you are not allowed to leave your feet even the announcers on NYR side were like uh oh did he leave his feet.

Charging - A minor or major penalty shall be imposed on a player who skates or jumps into, or charges an opponent in any manner. He did and it resulted in an injury and last time he did a play like that got a match penalty.

Should have been more than a 2min. Rempe needs to learn trying to injure is not allowed

DOPS should have got off its ass and went okay enough 1 game cause refs didnt give 5 and a game to say to the kid cant be doing this ****.

2 players are now hurt cause of his **** and now he has incentive to do it again as nothing happened to him
4 mars à 2 h 46
He left his feet before making contact though and charged. And no you are not allowed to leave your feet even the announcers on NYR side were like uh oh did he leave his feet.

Charging - A minor or major penalty shall be imposed on a player who skates or jumps into, or charges an opponent in any manner. He did and it resulted in an injury last time he a play resulting in an injury got a match penalty.

A) Again, it has never been called that way in my lifetime. The most literal reading of NHL's Rule 42 leaves you with every hit being a charge (skates into an opponent). You cannot initiate contact by leaving your feet. You cannot jump into people. You can leave your feet after the hit has been initiated. They have said that repeatedly.

B) It was still a charge, imo, because of the distance he traveled lining him up. But there is no NHL rule on strides like other levels have placed, and it is entirely discretionary. Clearly the on-ice officials decided to let it go because it was right in front of them.
4 mars à 3 h 2
Modifié 4 mars à 3 h 10
https://twitter.com/NHLPlayerSafety/status/647473098032328704

"Akeson's skates are on the ice at impact, so the hit was not a charging violation."

Rempe makes contact with his front leg and shifts all his weight off the back leg and transfers it into the hit. Exactly like we were all taught to do. He still lined him up and ran him, and it should have been a charge, but not because he left his feet.
4 mars à 7 h 4
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 473
Modifié 4 mars à 7 h 13

But do you all think that one of Crosby, Malkin, or Letang get moved around?

I really have a hard time seeing Sid being okay with a trade, and I doubt anything they’d do with Malkin would move the needle: he’s fine, but at such a late career stage. Letang has so much term left. I could see Letang fill a role on a contender perhaps, but again I don’t know how that trade works when his term takes him to his 40 year old season. In my mind, moving Malkin or Letang probably costs you in immediate performance while also not providing any substantial return.

So my mind circles back around to Crosby. If he decided a move was an outcome, even at his age the penguins should expect at least one very notable, high shelf piece in the return.

I wonder if that happens, because it would be frustrating giving your all, trying to contend, but being haunted by the realities of time and previous choices. It would also be frustrating to know your gm is building for the future and no help was coming.

I’d have to guess if Crosby moved it would be to a Canadian market. Or Vegas, lol.

It would be nuts if Tavares’ replacement was Crosby, but dubas would def take a big chunk of torontos futures and a big piece in the deal.
4 mars à 8 h 32
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,386
Quoting: CantStopWontStop

I really have a hard time seeing Sid being okay with a trade, and I doubt anything they’d do with Malkin would move the needle: he’s fine, but at such a late career stage. Letang has so much term left. I could see Letang fill a role on a contender perhaps, but again I don’t know how that trade works when his term takes him to his 40 year old season. In my mind, moving Malkin or Letang probably costs you in immediate performance while also not providing any substantial return.

So my mind circles back around to Crosby. If he decided a move was an outcome, even at his age the penguins should expect at least one very notable, high shelf piece in the return.

I wonder if that happens, because it would be frustrating giving your all, trying to contend, but being haunted by the realities of time and previous choices. It would also be frustrating to know your gm is building for the future and no help was coming.

I’d have to guess if Crosby moved it would be to a Canadian market. Or Vegas, lol.

It would be nuts if Tavares’ replacement was Crosby, but dubas would def take a big chunk of torontos futures and a big piece in the deal.

All of them have NMC so ultimately, I think they stay in Pittsburgh unless Pit tears it down and leaves the roster barren, they don't really have reasons to leave, they all have 2-3 cups, so much money and will likely get their jerseys retired + possibly HHoF for some, I don't really see a reason to waive a NMC
4 mars à 8 h 47
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: BeterChiarelli

You mean the time where the league decides who wins it all?
4 mars à 8 h 48
Leafs going to Leafs
He leaves his feet before contact. I dont know why your defending this

Its not the norm to charge lul

Thats a penalty all day, Heck Clifford did something similar and got suspended a game

His right foot left after contact...

And he glided... under the rulebook and the way the NHL refs games, it's not a charger

And Clifford hit numbers... That's why he was suspended
4 mars à 8 h 52
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 952
Quoting: CantStopWontStop

Not a Penguins fan or direct follower to have any special insight. but I don't see any of them leaving, other than for retirement. They have their cups and their commitment to the Penguins has been remarkably high and I think the "stay together" legacy is too strong.

I think the Karlsson deal was misguided attempt at trying to double down/hedge against Letang having to carry too much. None of their contracts are easy to take on for any contender without a really complicated (and expensive) deal.

Guentzel, Jarry, Graves I do wonder about either at TDL or off-season.

Seriously wonder about an off-season move of Karlsson back to Ottawa as being possible. They desperately need RHD. Not sure if the feelers were too hurt though.

With Yager, Pickering, and Blomqvist (and eventually Murashov) they have few but high quality prospects; just not sure if their timeline will even be with this core.

The advantage they have is that free agents will want to come play with these guys, but they need an entire new second line, a true "shut down/matchup blueline pair", and a system that can actually work with two high powered RHD demanding a lot of puck time (Sharks bombed when they did this too).

They say they need to get "younger" which is OK but even their AHL team is kind of old; I guess they just need to play faster. Some speedy/skilled wingers and make Geno's a 3rd line grit/multi-tool line; which means a hunt for a quality 2C (how many teams are in that picture?)
CantStopWontStop et ricochetii a aimé ceci.
4 mars à 13 h 7
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 473
Really big 32 thoughts article Here
4 mars à 13 h 10
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,041
Looks like Novak is sticking around in Nashville, 3.5m × 3y. I love this signing for the Preds, absolute steal
4 mars à 13 h 21
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: NorthernLeafsFan05
Looks like Novak is sticking around in Nashville, 3.5m × 3y. I love this signing for the Preds, absolute steal

This always happens with NSH to where they dont sell the pending UFA then regression happens....

Granlund being the one to remember yet somehow got a 2nd out of Pitt lul

I know they won 8 in a row but being told no concert will do that lul
4 mars à 13 h 27
Seravalli said on the DFO podcast he believes Flames and Devils had agreed to a trade in principle for Markstrom and then Don Maloney on behalf of ownership nixed the trade.
4 mars à 13 h 30
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Seravalli said on the DFO podcast he believes Flames and Devils had agreed to a trade in principle for Markstrom and then Don Maloney on behalf of ownership nixed the trade.

Makes sense. I would wait till the summer before doing anything

As there will be some questions

Will the GM, HC, etc stick around and all that

Will they bring back pending UFA's or trade him, is Markstrom really the guy they should target

Like to be Markstrom felt like a draft move unless he was a pending UFA who like Lehner u could retain on and stuff
4 mars à 15 h 31
Alex Wennberg is allegedly scratched tonight for "trade related issues"
4 mars à 15 h 56
Leafs fans would hate this but Toronto needs a RD... Justin Holl is available tears of joy
McGruff, Saskleaf, zk97 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
4 mars à 16 h 32
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,193
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Leafs fans would hate this but Toronto needs a RD... Justin Holl is available tears of joy

I don’t want it, but it would still be hilarious 😂🤣
zk97 a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage