SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2023-2024 NHL Discussion Thread #4: Deadline is Approaching

3 mars à 15 h 20
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 502
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Dylan Guenther is unreal, can't believe Arizona haven't been playing him all year.

Best game of his career, and he's been on a tear since he came up. But honestly last year he wasn't ready, and he didn't really convince anyone at camp this year. There's never been a question of whether he'd be a player, but he had some kinks and consistency to work on. Not mad at all that he spent time in Tucson. Did him good, and they called him up for a cup of coffee during injuries and made it impossible to send him back. Good for him.
KSIxSKULLS et CantStopWontStop a aimé ceci.
3 mars à 16 h 12
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,076
Gonna lay out a prediction

Henrique and Vatrano will be NYR by the TDL and Kakko will be a duck
CantStopWontStop a aimé ceci.
3 mars à 16 h 18
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 18,465
Quoting: NorthernLeafsFan05
I feel like Graf to Boston just feels like a foregone conclusion. I can't imagine the Bruins would turn their nose up at the opportunity to add a talent like him for free, and he is a local guy who would probably make the team next season (could fill DeBrusk's spot)

Quillan is a guy I really wanted Toronto to sign last offseason, but at this point there is no real opportunity for the guy. I think Quillan to Pittsburgh seems super likely.

They are probably getting different types of offers. Quillan would be looking at NHL deal, but year or two in AHL, and probably looked at as project future bottom-six center.

Graf is a guy who can probably look to go straight to NHL. If that’s a playoff team, they would probably have to be comfortably in playoff spot to use down stretch of regular season this year…and to start season next year.

The Bruins link seems logical on Graf…but they seem to get connected to Quillan often, as does Dallas due to Deboer link (I think he was roommates or something with one of his sons). And there is a Calgary link too. Graf is much harder to project as he will likely have offers from 32 teams…many of which will be promising ice time day one.
NorthernLeafsFan05 a aimé ceci.
3 mars à 16 h 19
Quoting: aadoyle
Gonna lay out a prediction

Henrique and Vatrano will be NYR by the TDL and Kakko will be a duck

Quakko
3 mars à 16 h 22
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,296
DEWAR, DUHAIME IN PLAY FOR WILD
3 mars à 16 h 25
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,095

Dewar would be a quietly great addition. I really like Duhaime as well, probably wont cost a ton and would be super valuable on a contenders fourth line
3 mars à 16 h 30
Hakuna Matata

Would take a flyer on Dewar as hes 24 and results havent been awful.

He can PK, isnt afraid to hit, and good at takeaways

If its a 5th would explore
KSIxSKULLS a aimé ceci.
3 mars à 17 h 2
do not Devil my ass
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,264
Lindy out. Greene out.
Woodcroft in.

Enough with this trading for Markström crap, cleaning the coaching staff up (and finding a good deal for Toffoli) should be the Fitzgerald's focus to close out the season.
3 mars à 17 h 5
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 502
Quoting: aadoyle
Would take a flyer on Dewar as hes 24 and results havent been awful.

He can PK, isnt afraid to hit, and good at takeaways

If its a 5th would explore

Have to think the fact he can lineup anywhere and has a non stop motor gets him more than a fifth.
3 mars à 17 h 12
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Pompadour_de_Armstrong
Have to think the fact he can lineup anywhere and has a non stop motor gets him more than a fifth.

Nah hes playing 4th line mins worth of time and has 13 points in 55 NHL games

At most a 5th or 4th would be it anything higher teams go keep em

His one advantage is age
3 mars à 17 h 18
More Finns More Wins
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 632
Quoting: Canesfan21_
Please do something. Don. Anything will do.

Be careful what you wish for.
3 mars à 17 h 32
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Tintin
Lindy out. Greene out.
Woodcroft in.

Enough with this trading for Markström crap, cleaning the coaching staff up (and finding a good deal for Toffoli) should be the Fitzgerald's focus to close out the season.

I would be intrigued by Wood in NJ would be a nice fit. Other guy be Dean Evarson or Brid'Amour
3 mars à 17 h 49
Quoting: Tintin
Lindy out. Greene out.
Woodcroft in.

Most good coaches have jobs…that should be off-season move. Move Toffoli and Miller. Demote the analytics in the hierarchy of decision making.

And wrong “Jay”

Jay Leach
Jay Pandolfo
…before Jay Woodcroft.
3 mars à 17 h 52
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,044
Quoting: Hurricanes_WPG
Be careful what you wish for.

Don isn’t the guy to overpay for anything. If it’s way too much I’ll gladly take nothing lol. I’m just hoping he can pull something like the Trocheck deal in 2020
Hurricanes_WPG a aimé ceci.
3 mars à 18 h 35
WentWughes
Kent Johnson has a torn labrum in his left shoulder and will miss the rest of the season
3 mars à 19 h 8
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,197
im not shocked rempe didn't get anything for that hit on lyubushkin yesterday.

guess we'll have to wait until the next time rempe does something extremely reckless for the league to maybe do something about it. this ogre shouldn't be in the nhl.
3 mars à 19 h 9
mokumboi
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,390
I swear, the last 2-3 weeks, every time a capable team playing for something runs up against Nashville, LA or Calgary, they lay the stinkiest big fat face-flopping egg. NJ, Colorado, Vancouver twice, Edmonton, Dallas, Vegas, Boston, Pittsburgh, Winnipeg, even LA once against each of the other two. And that includes one Blues stinker. This is starting to piss me right off. Teams just rolling over for those three lately.
3 mars à 19 h 30
GM CRIME DAWG
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,704
Quoting: NHLfan10506
Most good coaches have jobs…that should be off-season move. Move Toffoli and Miller. Demote the analytics in the hierarchy of decision making.

And wrong “Jay”

Jay Leach
Jay Pandolfo
…before Jay Woodcroft.

BERUBE!!! huh?
3 mars à 19 h 50
WentWughes
David Pagnotta has Ottawa linked to the following players: Juuse Saros, Adam Boqvist, Logan Couture and Jonatan Berggren.
3 mars à 19 h 50
WentWughes
David Pagnotta has Ottawa linked to the following players: Juuse Saros, Adam Boqvist, Logan Couture and Jonatan Berggren.

Ottawa trading for Couture would be hilarious
CantStopWontStop a aimé ceci.
3 mars à 19 h 54
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: mondo
im not shocked rempe didn't get anything for that hit on lyubushkin yesterday.

guess we'll have to wait until the next time rempe does something extremely reckless for the league to maybe do something about it. this ogre shouldn't be in the nhl.

Kind of surprised and not surprised

Thought Bastian would be the one pass up then Boosh would be the DOPS phone call

Getting b2b passes be a first I think for anyone lul
3 mars à 19 h 57
Hakuna Matata

Only guy who could actually happen and make sense is Berggren

Boqvist to but hes bad and is an offense Dman and they got 2 already
3 mars à 20 h 8
Quoting: McGruff
BERUBE!!! huh?

I think we need a young coach, some one with experience, but still green enough to have flexibility, adaptability, and can communicate with young players.

Lindy is a well-respected veteran, but his solution to every problem is the same. Nothing changes, team rarely adapts. It works when things are going well, hard to recover when things going bad.

Not sure if Berube fits that mold or not.
3 mars à 20 h 50
GM CRIME DAWG
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,704
Quoting: NHLfan10506
I think we need a young coach, some one with experience, but still green enough to have flexibility, adaptability, and can communicate with young players.

Lindy is a well-respected veteran, but his solution to every problem is the same. Nothing changes, team rarely adapts. It works when things are going well, hard to recover when things going bad.

Not sure if Berube fits that mold or not.

Yeah, as an outsider, I think they need a kick in the pants; but you follow them.

I know getting a save is HUGE but they look to have come back to the "BUFF/OTT" pack, if that makes an sense...
3 mars à 20 h 57
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,403

Saros is not happening, I don’t see why Boqvist would go to Ottawa, Ottawa already has Chabot, Chychrun, Zub, Sanderson, Brannstrom, it’s be a weird fit, Couture I guess but I wouldn’t touch Couture personally, though as a Habs fan, screw that, Ottawa should move heaven for Couture

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage