SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2023-2024 NHL Discussion Thread #3: After Further Review...

24 janv. à 9 h 12
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,273
Quoting: IconicHawk
What else do we have in net? I’ve long given up on Soderblom being good and everyone else is a rookie and starting rookies in net is a recipe of disaster

The most important part of a rebuild is maximizing assets and KD resigning big trade pieces who aren't going to be around when Chicago is ready to compete is wild to me. On top of that, overpaying every single one of them is even crazier. Take on bad contracts, take advantage of the FA market. He's doing neither.
24 janv. à 9 h 16
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 473
Chicago has been quite competitive. I bet it’s hard to be a rebuilding team night in, night out. It’s nice to find guys like Mrazek to give your team a chance to grow, and it’s good for Mrazek as I’m guessing he’s getting a bit more $ (like Corey Perry and others) due to the situation. Win win!
Turbo a aimé ceci.
24 janv. à 9 h 17
Bedard23
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,476
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
The most important part of a rebuild is maximizing assets and KD resigning big trade pieces who aren't going to be around when Chicago is ready to compete is wild to me. On top of that, overpaying every single one of them is even crazier. Take on bad contracts, take advantage of the FA market. He's doing neither.

We’ve taken enough ****ty contracts to get picks, we have a combined 27 picks over the next 3 years, what if we have too many good players? It’ll chuck us into cap hell, we already ran into this problem in the dying days of the dynasty, we shouldn’t focus on repeating those mistakes
24 janv. à 9 h 19
WentWughes
We’ve taken enough ****ty contracts to get picks, we have a combined 27 picks over the next 3 years, what if we have too many good players? It’ll chuck us into cap hell, we already ran into this problem in the dying days of the dynasty, we shouldn’t focus on repeating those mistakes

If you have too many good players, you take advantage of that. Acquire needs for players who you don't need. Being in Cap Hell is not a problem as long as those players are talented. Tampa was in cap hell for 3-4 years, yet they were winning cups, don't think anybody in Tampa cared. Chicago is committing to being mid while having Bedard. I have serious doubts about KD, but it's still early. He gives me huge current Ken Holland vibes.
24 janv. à 9 h 25
WentWughes

Like, At least test the market, set the prices super high and see if anyone pays. KD is resigning them at the worst time when their value is an all time high (Expiring contract), on top of that, he's giving them all 2 year deals while being overpaid so they have 0 value next year. I really don't get it man.
HockeyScotty a aimé ceci.
24 janv. à 9 h 43
WentWughes
Five former 2018 Canada world junior hockey players told to surrender to face charges of sexual assault

Names haven't been announced. Not speculating who they are.
24 janv. à 9 h 44
v5 CBJ GM
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 8,570
Five former 2018 Canada world junior hockey players told to surrender to face charges of sexual assault

What's the source? Not doubting just curious
24 janv. à 9 h 47
WentWughes
Quoting: zk97

Globe and Mail, it's all over twitter right now. It's true. All of the big reporters are RTing and posting about it.
zk97 a aimé ceci.
24 janv. à 9 h 51
18 lotteries, 0 wins
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 748

THE DAY OF RECKONING IS FINALLY UPON US
KSIxSKULLS a aimé ceci.
24 janv. à 9 h 53
WentWughes
Quoting: AndrewPawlack
THE DAY OF RECKONING IS FINALLY UPON US

Yeah, we should know within the next couple of weeks who those 5 are.
24 janv. à 10 h 8
18 lotteries, 0 wins
Yeah, we should know within the next couple of weeks who those 5 are.

so far the most speculated are Formenton for sure, Dube, Hart, Batherson despite vehemently denying it, and Comtois
24 janv. à 10 h 15
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,386
Quoting: zk97

TSN and Rick Westhead (who has been one of the people reporting this story since the beginning and doing great work ) https://www.tsn.ca/hockey-canada/report-five-members-of-canada-s-2018-wjc-team-told-to-surrender-to-london-police-1.2066984
zk97 a aimé ceci.
24 janv. à 10 h 38
Démarrer sujet
Ban Price trades
Mentions "j'aime": 6,455
Just a reminder to avoid any/all speculation and whodunnit-isms while more news is presented regarding the 2018 juniors team.
A_Habs_fan, KSIxSKULLS, WJC_Enthusiast and 3 others a aimé ceci.
24 janv. à 10 h 47
WentWughes
Alex Formenton has been granted a leave of absence from his Switzerland team due to "Personal Reason"
Sharkie69 et CantStopWontStop a aimé ceci.
24 janv. à 10 h 59
Rejoint: juin 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 119
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
Just a reminder to avoid any/all speculation and whodunnit-isms while more news is presented regarding the 2018 juniors team.

Yes. At best it's irresponsible to speculate and as worst it's evil.

I'll just put it that way: I trust the London Police more than I trust random people on the internet...
AndrewPawlack a aimé ceci.
24 janv. à 11 h 58
18 lotteries, 0 wins
wouldn't be surprised if the convicted are allowed to keep playing considering Dany Heatley killed his teammate and faced no jail time lol
"forgiven by the family" womp womp don't drink and speed
24 janv. à 12 h 2
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,386
wouldn't be surprised if the convicted are allowed to keep playing considering Dany Heatley killed his teammate and faced no jail time lol

Considering how Mitchell Miller is not in the league and Boston immediately regretted signing him, I think the public outcry would be too big for the league to allow the players to play. (also some if not all of the name would likely get some sort of jail time for sexual assault)
AndrewPawlack et dannibalcorpse a aimé ceci.
24 janv. à 12 h 7
Devils twitter:

Michael McLeod and Cal Foote have each requested and been granted indefinite
leave of absences from the team. The club will have no further
comment at this time.
24 janv. à 12 h 7
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,192

Depends on whose actually guilty. Heatley was an all-star player in the league.
24 janv. à 12 h 8
mokumboi
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,359
Alex Formenton has been granted a leave of absence from his Switzerland team due to "Personal Reason"

And he's returning to Canada. Was also in the news article.
KSIxSKULLS a aimé ceci.
24 janv. à 12 h 13
WentWughes
Quoting: mokumboi
And he's returning to Canada. Was also in the news article.

NJ just announced both Cal Foote and Michael McLeod have been granted a leave of absence. Makes 5 players from THAT Team Canada that have been granted a leave of absence.
mokumboi et AndrewPawlack a aimé ceci.
24 janv. à 12 h 22
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 952
I just can't get it out of my head how a team like Tampa Bay could divest themselves of Boris Katchouk, Taylor Raddysh, and Cal Foote after the incident came to public scrutiny and the investigation reopened, Formenton and Comtois were basically blacklisted because they didn't have contracts for this past year; Philly shored up their goaltending in advance; but other teams like Chicago and New Jersey were acquiring/signing these guys.

Chicago of all teams!

Jersey signs McLeod's extension and then Foote in July and Aug of 2023.

And a day before the news breaks of the charges, their GM gets an extension!
24 janv. à 12 h 24
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,036
I hate speculating about stuff in players personal lives (especially when it pertains to illegal stuff, innocent until proven guilty and all), but it's definitely no coincidence that 5 players all from the 2018 WJC team take leaves for "personal reasons" at the exact same time.

One thing to note is that the Flames cited Dube's leave as being a result of mental health, while the 4 others all cited personal reasons.

I'm very curious to see what the league does here. They tend to not address stuff like this in any significant way, and whether or not they suspend the players is always hit or miss. If these 5 are guilty, I hope they get what is coming to them. Just a horrible, disgusting situation
24 janv. à 12 h 28
18 lotteries, 0 wins
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Considering how Mitchell Miller is not in the league and Boston immediately regretted signing him, I think the public outcry would be too big for the league to allow the players to play. (also some if not all of the name would likely get some sort of jail time for sexual assault)

i mean there's already enough outcry for the Coyotes' stripping of picks for breaking draft workout rules vs no punishment for Chicago leading to Bedard. Forever tainted but the league doesn't seem to care about old cases vs current ones
24 janv. à 12 h 34
I’m going to suggest that the league will suspend indefinitely, and the PA and League will wait for the process to conclude before negotiating the future.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage