SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Leafs 2023 2024 Season Discussion Part 2

23 nov. 2023 à 15 h 41
Cowan Season
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,103
Klingberg placed on LTIR so I wouldn’t expect to see him for a while, sounds worse than I initially expected. While I didn’t like his fit with the leafs I still hope he is okay.

On the bright side, leafs have almost 5 mil in cap space now
23 nov. 2023 à 16 h 38
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,419
Modifié 23 nov. 2023 à 16 h 58
Quoting: CameronSquires
Klingberg placed on LTIR so I wouldn’t expect to see him for a while, sounds worse than I initially expected. While I didn’t like his fit with the leafs I still hope he is okay.

On the bright side, leafs have almost 5 mil in cap space now

Sure but we got to remember that its not permanent space. As I dont think hes gonna be out the rest of the season

More so maybe a month or two they will have the space to work with (Like Muzzin 2 years ago)

So they cant just go get someone at 4-5m unless hes going the other way but with the injury it makes things more difficult

Honestly tempted to say they should sign Bear and explore a potential Zadorov trade and see how things go. If Klingberg is back by TDL make another move to turn him into another Dman
23 nov. 2023 à 17 h 8
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,256
Just finished my chemistry lab and I come out to news of Klingberg on LTIR and Steeves being recalled? Hallelujah!
23 nov. 2023 à 22 h 12
Rejoint: avr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,512
yea....unless they know he'll be out for the regular season, they can't just go an use that cap space...right now it feels like the move that's available so that they can reinstate Timmins without having to trade out cap space.

It would have been interesting to know if he was part of any trade talks as going to LTIR makes it a lot more difficult now.

Gotta also wonder how long he's really been grinding. We could all see how immobile he was looking out there...and if he was trying to be a warrior until McCabe came back then ya gotta respect the effort
23 nov. 2023 à 22 h 50
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Juice
yea....unless they know he'll be out for the regular season, they can't just go an use that cap space...right now it feels like the move that's available so that they can reinstate Timmins without having to trade out cap space.

It would have been interesting to know if he was part of any trade talks as going to LTIR makes it a lot more difficult now.

Gotta also wonder how long he's really been grinding. We could all see how immobile he was looking out there...and if he was trying to be a warrior until McCabe came back then ya gotta respect the effort

Honestly if he wants to play and Leafs want cap space I wonder about LTIR till playoffs

TBL did it with Kucherov, VGK with Stone, CHI did it with Kane

We had an opportunity to do it years ago with Muzzin nope

Well maybe this is the opportunity so to speak

As the Leafs despite what his flaws are will need offensive help on the back end on top of better defense. Cant just be Rielly

It just benefits both sides so to speak. Hopefully he can come and perform in playoffs if possible
oneX a aimé ceci.
23 nov. 2023 à 23 h 3
Hakuna Matata
So based on Klingberg being out here are some options

Buy low or maybe get for Free = Peeke

Do not overpay for this guy = Zadorov

FA option = Bear

Give the PKG if blow up = Pelech or Pulock

Spit balling a name I would love to have but probs wont be available ever: Brodin
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
23 nov. 2023 à 23 h 31
Just Keep Swimming
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,751
This isn't really a response to anything or anyone in particular but I just want to highlight that I think Minten may be expendable depending on what Shanny and Trev want to do with the roster.

We have Matthews and JT down the middle, in a few years we're going after McDavid, and in the interim I think we are going to sign Domi to the Kerfoot contract to be our 3C going forward. Unless the plan is to move him to the wing (which seems non-ideal), especially with guys like Cowen making a push as soon as next year potentially I think it wouldn't be the end of the world to move him for a piece that fits elsewhere on the roster
23 nov. 2023 à 23 h 54
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 24 nov. 2023 à 2 h 50
Quoting: Random2152
This isn't really a response to anything or anyone in particular but I just want to highlight that I think Minten may be expendable depending on what Shanny and Trev want to do with the roster.

We have Matthews and JT down the middle, in a few years we're going after McDavid, and in the interim I think we are going to sign Domi to the Kerfoot contract to be our 3C going forward. Unless the plan is to move him to the wing (which seems non-ideal), especially with guys like Cowen making a push as soon as next year potentially I think it wouldn't be the end of the world to move him for a piece that fits elsewhere on the roster

To me it depends on whose coming back. As if its a top 4 Dman like Pelech, Pulock, etc sure but if its Zadorov or Tanev hell nah lul

But then again if Willy is gonna make 11m were gonna need Minten and a bunch of ELC's lul

As lets say Brad trades for Zadorov and Tanev and extends them then brings Sammy back since its determined Woll cant be 100% trusted to be the starter

Not a lot of cap space could be available

So Minten may be in 2024-2025

Now the guy who I do think is expendable is Holmberg. Keefe dont seem to like him

Honestly send him Abruzzese and a 3rd for Zadorov or something
24 nov. 2023 à 7 h 25
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,344
Quoting: Random2152

Yep 100% he should be expendable. Never been sold on him anyway, tbh, I think he tops out as a solid 3C PP2 guy if things go well. That's a piece you can afford to walk away from.
24 nov. 2023 à 7 h 52
Rejoint: avr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,512
Quoting: aadoyle
Honestly if he wants to play and Leafs want cap space I wonder about LTIR till playoffs

We had an opportunity to do it years ago with Muzzin nope

Well maybe this is the opportunity so to speak

As the Leafs despite what his flaws are will need offensive help on the back end on top of better defense. Cant just be Rielly

It just benefits both sides so to speak. Hopefully he can come and perform in playoffs if possible

I thought of that and then wondered what kind of terrible situation we would be in if he sat for 4-5 months and we felt compelled to let him play a playoff game
24 nov. 2023 à 12 h 33
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Juice
I thought of that and then wondered what kind of terrible situation we would be in if he sat for 4-5 months and we felt compelled to let him play a playoff game

Well there is playoff Klingberg

Need a Dman besides Rielly to give you goals thats your guy. Maybe some rest to heal that hip would do him some good

As if they can get a healthy Klingberg things could be interesting. Cause while Timmins is also a nice fill-in he has had injury issues and he may not make it.

Gonna be interesting. As on the PP for the most part despite not being 100% he did do that at least well.
24 nov. 2023 à 14 h 29
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,690

Honestly, Klingberg doesn't belong in the same conversation as Kucherov and Kane because well at least I believe he's not at the same talent level as those two yet you expect Klingberg to play at a high level like that when the playoffs start.

I'm not sold on that.
24 nov. 2023 à 15 h 29
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 24 nov. 2023 à 15 h 52
Quoting: oneX
Honestly, Klingberg doesn't belong in the same conversation as Kucherov and Kane because well at least I believe he's not at the same talent level as those two yet you expect Klingberg to play at a high level like that when the playoffs start.

I'm not sold on that.

Hes a guy going on LTIR till playoffs what conversation is there to be had

You dont got to be a superstar to be put on LTIR till playoffs those are just recent examples of teams doing it

As sure Klingberg has his flaws but also has uses for offense. Last playoffs besides Rielly they had nobody on the back end giving them production. Only Muzzin gave them that but hes out. If ready a healthy Klingberg could help with that as we saw in Dallas on that run to the finals. Either way would not be a bad depth option to have
24 nov. 2023 à 15 h 30
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 24 nov. 2023 à 15 h 39
Man Timmins cant be letting Dickenson steal the puck from you that easy

Get its your first game back but so far you and Lagesson dont feel great.

And man that rest of that 2nd period just all kinds of bad. Big 4 just be floating and were lucky we didnt blow another 3-1 lead in 1 period

But hey we got to see a Reaves goal
24 nov. 2023 à 15 h 54
Hakuna Matata
The **** was that

Matthews just be sloppy today

And of course Dickenson gets his first Hatty against us

Can the big 4 ****ing wake up already jesus as once again 3-1 lead blown
24 nov. 2023 à 15 h 59
Hakuna Matata
Keefe should split up Knies-Matthews-Marner those 3 for the past few games have not been good.
24 nov. 2023 à 16 h 0
Rip
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,264
The **** was that

Matthews just be sloppy today

And of course Dickenson gets his first Hatty against us

Can the big 4 ****ing wake up already jesus as once again 3-1 lead blown

You blame Matthews there? What a joke. McCabe is 1000% to blame for that goal. Throws it in front of his own net when way better options were available. Are you sure you are watching the Leafs game?
NorthernLeafsFan05 a aimé ceci.
24 nov. 2023 à 16 h 3
Rip
Keefe should split up Knies-Matthews-Marner those 3 for the past few games have not been good.

Put Willy with Matthews and Knies and Marner with JT
24 nov. 2023 à 16 h 4
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: RipNasty
You blame Matthews there? What a joke. McCabe is 1000% to blame for that goal. Throws it in front of his own net when way better options were available. Are you sure you are watching the Leafs game?

That was all Matthews literally being stripped of the puck that easily than falling over not good

McCabe made the good pass to him but Matthews just casually tries to grab it

He has not looked good. Just looked out of it and lazy
24 nov. 2023 à 16 h 6
Rip
That was all Matthews literally being stripped of the puck that easily than falling over not good

He has not looked good. That should have been an easy skate out for him what you gonna let little kid steal the puck that easy

A backhand pass to the front of your own net in the defensive zone is the dumbest play anyone can make. The moment he put that pass there he was asking for trouble. Matthews was ready for it because he never expected such a bad pass. Next level stupid
24 nov. 2023 à 16 h 7
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 24 nov. 2023 à 16 h 14
A backhand pass to the front of your own net in the defensive zone is the dumbest play anyone can make. The moment he put that pass there he was asking for trouble. Matthews was ready for it because he never expected such a bad pass. Next level stupid

When there is pressure and your teammate is there to get it its not. Matthews had a chance to get it out he was just playing so casual allowing Foligno to take it. In general he has been sloppy this game. Needs to be better

Dont care if this is a lottery team cant be like this

Like if he is in the zone he skates that out or protects the puck better. But nope hes out of it.

In general he has not been good these past few games. No more excuses for him same goes for Marner

Cant just be when Willy and JT are going we step off the gas
24 nov. 2023 à 16 h 17
Hakuna Matata
Big 4 against tough opponents

Alright lets do this

Against lottery teams

Wake us up when its over

Top line especially has not looked good and has been invisible. Third goal especially just highlights Matthews not being game focused. Was an open outlet. But wasn’t ready and was lazy on the puck. Against a stronger opponent probs skates that out no problem

Switch Marner with Nylander to see if that helps if not then got to have a talk with them
24 nov. 2023 à 16 h 21
Rip
When there is pressure and your teammate is there to get it its not. Matthews had a chance to get it out he was just playing so casual allowing Foligno to take it. In general he has been sloppy this game. Needs to be better

Dont care if this is a lottery team cant be like this

Like if he is in the zone he skates that out or protects the puck better. But nope hes out of it.

In general he has not been good these past few games. No more excuses for him same goes for Marner

Cant just be when Willy and JT are going we step off the gas

There was literally no pressure on McCabe. None, he could have skated that up the boards and made a much better play. A no look pass in front of his net when there was no pressure was just terrible. Your love of McCabe is getting just nuts. Guys not half as good as you think he is
24 nov. 2023 à 16 h 23
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 24 nov. 2023 à 16 h 33
There was literally no pressure on McCabe. None, he could have skated that up the boards and made a much better play. A no look pass in front of his net when there was no pressure was just terrible. Your love of McCabe is getting just nuts. Guys not half as good as you think he is

There was if you look Anderson was cutting off the pass there was a lane to Matthews who took the puck then fumbles it

In the end Matthews was an open outlet. He wasn’t ready and was lazy on the puck.

Thats all there is to it he has not been good this game and needs to be better along with the rest of the big 4

Cant be defending Matthews rn as may be the star but this work ethic just bad for us rn

As its zzz vs. lottery teams
24 nov. 2023 à 16 h 27
Hakuna Matata
Never want to see Lagesson-Timmins again wow is that pairing just bad

Every time they on the ice CHI just feels like they have way to much offensive zone pressure.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage