SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Most Underrated Defenseman in the NHL

Who is the most underrated dman in the league?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

20 sept. 2023 à 20 h 14
Banni
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,536
Vote
20 sept. 2023 à 21 h 3
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,346
Of these options I’d say Sergachev, but I think Spurgeon would be my answer for most underrated in the whole league
Mr_Gardoki et BrianLeeHOF a aimé ceci.
20 sept. 2023 à 21 h 10
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: mv21227
Of these options I’d say Sergachev, but I think Spurgeon would be my answer for most underrated in the whole league

Hmmm, yeah, that would have been a good option. Me not thinking of him kind of proves your point. lol
Rangsey, HockeyScotty et zk97 a aimé ceci.
21 sept. 2023 à 11 h 57
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 435
Samuelsson
wojme a aimé ceci.
21 sept. 2023 à 12 h 50
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: Bflo_Soldier
Samuelsson

He's barely played over one season collectively so far. Calm down lol
21 sept. 2023 à 14 h 0
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,096
Gustav Forsling
Mr_Gardoki et imawesome a aimé ceci.
21 sept. 2023 à 15 h 36
Quoting: Mr_Gardoki
He's barely played over one season collectively so far. Calm down lol

The questions was, "Who is the most underrated dman in the league?"
Did you mean to ask a different question?
A_Habs_fan, wojme et McGruff a aimé ceci.
21 sept. 2023 à 16 h 58
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,385
No, I asked a very straight-forward question. One that you're clearly lacking some commons sense with. You can't be over or underrated if you've barely played one season. Nobody knows what you are yet. Come on, man. Stop being a homer.

You can absolutely be overrated/underrated after a year, there have been so many prospects that had great rookie season who never panned out and prospects who looked horrid as rookies and turned out fine. (Also btw, this isn't Samuelsson's rookie year, that was last year)
Bflo_Soldier a aimé ceci.
21 sept. 2023 à 17 h 14
No, I asked a very straight-forward question. One that you're clearly lacking some commons sense with. You can't be over or underrated if you've barely played one season. Nobody knows what you are yet. Come on, man. Stop being a homer.

Yes, that was the question you posed. And I agree it was a very straight-forward question. One I responded to with a very straight-forward answer.

What is your cut-off for when a player can be considered overrated or underrated? And why?
Can prospects who have not played a game in the NHL be overrated/underrated? Because people certainly do rate them.

Look, I'm not sure why you feel the need to be snarky here. Maybe look internally. Do some reflecting.
And I don't really subscribe to the idea that there is such a thing as "common sense", but if I did I might think that it is definitely common sense that players people rate are certainly capable of being overrated or underrated. Just sayin.
A_Habs_fan et wojme a aimé ceci.
21 sept. 2023 à 19 h 30
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
You can absolutely be overrated/underrated after a year, there have been so many prospects that had great rookie season who never panned out and prospects who looked horrid as rookies and turned out fine. (Also btw, this isn't Samuelsson's rookie year, that was last year)

Genius, I never said it was his rookie year. Also to your other argument, he has no real track record yet. So, nice try.
21 sept. 2023 à 20 h 1
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,385
Genius, I never said it was his rookie year. Also to your other argument, he has no real track record yet. So, nice try.

Being underrated/overrated is an opinion, which part of an opinion needs track record? I could call Juraj Slafkovsky overrated and your counter argument would be no track record instead of disagreeing? That’s not a good counter-argument
22 sept. 2023 à 2 h 16
I'm not sure how such a simple concept eludes you.

It's probably because whatever concept you're trying to convey hasn't properly been put into the appropriate words by you yet.
You've clearly conjured some parameters beyond the simple, straight-forward question that you actually asked, but you've yet to utter what they are. That's why it's elusive.
A_Habs_fan et mokumboi a aimé ceci.
22 sept. 2023 à 9 h 28
Rejoint: févr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 870
Letang is properly recognized around the hockey world. He's also in a bit of a weird position given his age. It's really hard to call a 36 year old player, and soon to be 18 season NHL veteran underrated, especially the title of most underrated defenseman in the league. Hanifin I think has caught a lot of attention in the last 2 years, especially now with him being a top 5 player on CapFriendly's trade bait board among users. Sergachev is interesting. He got a lot of recognition after his break out season last year. I don't think his name is underrated, but moreso his game. A lot of people point to him making only $500k less than Makar, but not being as big of an offensive threat, or as dynamic. But I think there are a lot of people who don't really understand the full scope of Sergachev's game. While him improving offensively was a needed and huge step in his game, he's also very very solid defensively. He's a big body who lays it down, he blocks a ton of shots. He logs heavy minutes, playing top 4, powerplay and penalty kill time. His name is not underrated anymore I dont think, but his completeness as a defenseman is I think.

As for these three names, I would vote for Sergachev. But I don't think he's the most underrated in the league. Like the first user on this post said, Spurgeon is definitely near the top of the list. I think Adam Larsson is up there. Jake Walman after his season last year, I would put him up there. Gustav Forsling is also a very good pick for most underrated.
Eissportclub a aimé ceci.
3 oct. 2023 à 12 h 20
mokumboi
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,352
Honestly, Heiskanen. Or Forsling.
3 oct. 2023 à 17 h 9
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: mokumboi
Honestly, Heiskanen. Or Forsling.

Heiskanen is widely regarded as one of the top dmen in the NHL. Forsling? Maybe, but I feel like he gets the right amount of recognition.
3 oct. 2023 à 17 h 56
mokumboi
Heiskanen is widely regarded as one of the top dmen in the NHL. Forsling? Maybe, but I feel like he gets the right amount of recognition.

Heiskanen has never finished higher than 7th in Norris voting, and only in the top 10 that once. As well regarded as he is, it's still not near enough.

Forsling almost never gets mentioned in any conversation. He's the most forgotten top pairing D in the league.
3 oct. 2023 à 21 h 54
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Heiskanen has never finished higher than 7th in Norris voting, and only in the top 10 that once. As well regarded as he is, it's still not near enough.

Forsling almost never gets mentioned in any conversation. He's the most forgotten top pairing D in the league.

Forsling is a similar situation to how Dumoulin was. I think he's regarded just fine. He's a support dman on the first line.

Heiskenan, by hockey analysts and fans alike, is widely regarded as a top dman in the league.
4 oct. 2023 à 1 h 6
mokumboi

Heiskenan, by hockey analysts and fans alike, is widely regarded as a top dman in the league.

The Norris Trophy is voted on by the Professional Writers Association. So by that measure, in my estimation, he's widely regarded as being rather below the top tier of defensemen. If they think he's the 7th or 12th (twice) best Dman, they're under-rating him in my book. Same goes for fans, who also tend to have him below the top guys, an opinion we see routinely around here.

Some may not agree, but his was the first name that immediately came to mind.
4 oct. 2023 à 10 h 46
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,036
Gotta be Justin Holl
Tintin a aimé ceci.
4 oct. 2023 à 14 h 58
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: NorthernLeafsFan05
Gotta be Justin Holl

LOL
4 oct. 2023 à 15 h 0
Démarrer sujet
Banni
The Norris Trophy is voted on by the Professional Writers Association. So by that measure, in my estimation, he's widely regarded as being rather below the top tier of defensemen. If they think he's the 7th or 12th (twice) best Dman, they're under-rating him in my book. Same goes for fans, who also tend to have him below the top guys, an opinion we see routinely around here.

Some may not agree, but his was the first name that immediately came to mind.

Well, when the NHL network and other MAJOR media outlets rank him in the top ten, along with other hockey major hockey people, I'm looking at that. I guess I have to be extra specific for people like you.
4 oct. 2023 à 16 h 6
I guess I have to be extra specific for people like you.

Quoting: Bflo_Soldier
You've clearly conjured some parameters beyond the simple, straight-forward question that you actually asked, but you've yet to utter what they are. That's why it's elusive.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
4 oct. 2023 à 17 h 30
mokumboi
Well, when the NHL network and other MAJOR media outlets rank him in the top ten, along with other hockey major hockey people, I'm looking at that. I guess I have to be extra specific for people like you.

First of all, reel it in, Mr. Roper. You're not cute enough to be so prickly.

Secondly, when people say he's top 10 (judging by their Norris votes a great many do not, obviously) and he's actually top 5... well, there ya go. Not sure what's throwing you for a loop about simple math. Or the concept of an opinion on a thread where the post starter straight up asks for everybody's opinion.
A_Habs_fan et Bflo_Soldier a aimé ceci.
4 oct. 2023 à 17 h 41
Démarrer sujet
Banni
First of all, reel it in, Mr. Roper. You're not cute enough to be so prickly.

Secondly, when people say he's top 10 (judging by their Norris votes a great many do not, obviously) and he's actually top 5... well, there ya go. Not sure what's throwing you for a loop about simple math. Or the concept of an opinion on a thread where the post starter straight up asks for everybody's opinion.

No, I'm not cute. I'M A HOTTIE.

As for the rest, you've just made a simple concept very painful.
4 oct. 2023 à 18 h 14
mokumboi

As for the rest, you've just made a simple concept very painful.

You're flailing unnecessarily again, man. Reel it in.
Bflo_Soldier a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage