SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Anaheim Ducks signed Troy Terry (7 Years / $7,000,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

2 août 2023 à 14 h 31
Rejoint: août 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 41
Modifié 2 août 2023 à 14 h 38
Quoting: IconicHawk
The ducks cheap ass owner tried lowballing him and it backfired

The hell are you talking about, that's a great deal for both parties
OldNYIfan, Tintin, GiggywithGibby and 2 others a aimé ceci.
2 août 2023 à 14 h 49
Goorts
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 91
The People who vote not a good deal are likely Leaf fans, because they know Nylander will cost a lot more than this, and they are salty that they don't have Terry instead.
GiggywithGibby a aimé ceci.
2 août 2023 à 15 h 0
CFHomersR2Kool4Me
Rejoint: juin 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 118
Quoting: Goorts
The People who vote not a good deal are likely Leaf fans, because they know Nylander will cost a lot more than this, and they are salty that they don't have Terry instead.

The hate is real from 5 people so far. This is a WIN ALL DAY.

Nylander WILL cost more than this.

and you're right, I would rather have Terry over Nylander.
2 août 2023 à 15 h 1
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 18,492
Was guessing he’d be in same $7.875m range as Fiala, Bratt, DeBrincat. Ducks did well here.
2 août 2023 à 15 h 5
Leafs Sufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,511
Quoting: Wilson_W_Wilson_Jr
The hate is real from 5 people so far. This is a WIN ALL DAY.

Hold up, you mean a guy who is making a hair under 7M right now and is due for a new contract in a year is going to make more than a guy who literally just signed a 7M AAV contract today?

Color me shocked, would have never seen that coming.
thelastlongbow a aimé ceci.
2 août 2023 à 15 h 8
CFHomersR2Kool4Me
Quoting: Ritzy
Hold up, you mean a guy who is making a hair under 7M right now and is due for a new contract in a year is going to make more than a guy who literally just signed a 7M AAV contract today?

Color me shocked, would have never seen that coming.

The Leafs did this to themselves, don't hate. You're 1 of the 6.
2 août 2023 à 15 h 12
Leafs Sufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,511
The Leafs did this to themselves, don't hate. You're 1 of the 6.

1 of the 6...what?
2 août 2023 à 15 h 32
and proud of it
Rejoint: févr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 1,609
It's about time. Sign Zegras next
2 août 2023 à 17 h 4
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 548

If you're saying you'd rather have Terry at $7M than Nylander at $10M, I'm with you on that, but if they were both the same cap hit I'd pick Nylander. They actually are at the same cap hit now, but obviously that's not going to last unless something happens to lower Nylander's value before he signs his next contract.
2 août 2023 à 17 h 17
CFHomersR2Kool4Me
Quoting: jr400
If you're saying you'd rather have Terry at $7M than Nylander at $10M, I'm with you on that, but if they were both the same cap hit I'd pick Nylander. They actually are at the same cap hit now, but obviously that's not going to last unless something happens to lower Nylander's value before he signs his next contract.

What is with people and $10 million a season for Nylander? Really? What are you guys talking about? Anything over $8.5 million a season for this guy is an overpay, and even if he signed to $8.5 million a season, I would trade him after he signed it.

I would trade Nylander now and maximize your return, or wait until the deadline if you want to go that route. Toronto just had two guys walk through the door in Bertuzzi and Domi and it didn't cost them anything other than $.

I would have Terry on my team over Nylander at the similar CAP hit. I like Terry more.

People forget about the players that Nylander is playing alongside.
2 août 2023 à 17 h 28
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 16
Quoting: aadoyle
Kind of surprised they didnt work on an 8 year deal in the 7.75m range but hey this is good to

Insanely good deal for ducks, but I really agree 8 years should have happened. I think both sides would have benefitted.
2 août 2023 à 17 h 36
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,048
Quoting: Goorts

As a Leafs fan who voted yes and knows that generally other Leafs fan like Troy Terry, have to disagree, it's prob. Habs fans who realized they payed more money for a weaker player this offseason
2 août 2023 à 17 h 38
Leafs going to Leafs
Would have Terry on my team over Nylander at the similar CAP hit. I like Terry more.

People forget about the players that Nylander is playing alongside.

This doesn't work both ways... Either Matthews isn't very good or Nylander's being backpacked by Matthews... You can only pick 1
2 août 2023 à 17 h 48
CFHomersR2Kool4Me
Quoting: Leafsfan98
This doesn't work both ways... Either Matthews isn't very good or Nylander's being backpacked by Matthews... You can only pick 1

What I'm saying is the players that Nylander gets to play with are elite. He's not.

I would slot Terry in over Nylander. Imagine Terry getting to play with Matthews, Marner, Tavares, and Rielly on a 1st unit powerplay.

What are you even trying to say, Leafsfan98?
2 août 2023 à 18 h 2
Leafs going to Leafs
What I'm saying is the players that Nylander gets to play with are elite. He's not.

I would slot Terry in over Nylander. Imagine Terry getting to play with Matthews, Marner, Tavares, and Rielly on a 1st unit powerplay.

What are you even trying to say, Leafsfan98?

I'm trying to say, you can't call Matthews overrated and blah blah blah but then go around and say Nylander's only great bc of who he plays with

I'm huge on Terry, I think he's great and voted yes on his contract... Doesn't mean I'd take him over Nylander
2 août 2023 à 19 h 26
Why Green
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,549
Amazing contract by the Ducks. That's a bargain if I ever saw one.
2 août 2023 à 19 h 31
What is with people and $10 million a season for Nylander? Really? What are you guys talking about? Anything over $8.5 million a season for this guy is an overpay, and even if he signed to $8.5 million a season, I would trade him after he signed it.

We're saying it because it's been reported that that's what he wants. I wouldn't give it to him. I don't think anybody will, unless he hits another level this coming season.
2 août 2023 à 19 h 43
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 435
The Rise of Troy
2 août 2023 à 20 h 9
Future Ducks legend
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,826
Quoting: kogger
The Rise of Troy

Scorey Terry
2 août 2023 à 21 h 2
Mentions "j'aime": 855
If this were a 1 year deal, then it would be bad. HOWEVER, keeping him for seven years is great. He should still be improving and with the cap going up, this contract will age gracefully.
2 août 2023 à 23 h 21
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,527
Had he repeated his 2021-22 season last year, the AAV would be significantly higher, so I think the Ducks did well here. However, they're still in the early stages of a long and arduous total rebuild. Terry will likely be in the final 2-3 years of this contract by the time the Ducks are a playoff team.
2 août 2023 à 23 h 37
Bedard23
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,487
Quoting: GiggywithGibby
That was just an arbitration number, it's standard salary negotiation tactics. Arb number would have been around 6.5, arbitration filing was just to put some pressure on the situation to get it done.

Quoting: nickalleye
The hell are you talking about, that's a great deal for both parties

What the ducks wanted to give him: 4M

What Terry wanted: What the arbitration ruling ended up being
2 août 2023 à 23 h 38
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,252
Should have been a 10 year deal, because the Ducks rebuild will still be going on during season 7 of this contract.
3 août 2023 à 0 h 5
Future Ducks legend
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,826
Quoting: IconicHawk
What the ducks wanted to give him: 4M

What Terry wanted: What the arbitration ruling ended up being

There was no arbitration ruling dingbat, they came to terms before the arbitration hearing. If Terry had been awarded an arbitration award, it would have been a two year maximum contract.

Terry submitted 8 to the Arbitrator, Anaheim submitted 4.5. 6.25 would have been the middle ground the arbitrator would have centered around, they gave him 7 with term.
nickalleye et Ritzy a aimé ceci.
3 août 2023 à 21 h 9
Quoting: GiggywithGibby
Terry submitted 8 to the Arbitrator, Anaheim submitted 4.5. 6.25 would have been the middle ground the arbitrator would have centered around, they gave him 7 with term.

Are these figures public, or do you just get them from "insiders" who know the parties involved? When there's an arbitration case, I never see anything official announcing each side's position, but I often see numbers being thrown around in discussions. I'm wondering how reliable those are. That said, I understand that the arbitrator is free to pick any amount, so there's not much incentive for either party to submit a reasonable number, which makes me think they don't mean much anyway.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage