Forums/Armchair-GM

Scheifele and Helle deals

Créé par: Cory
Équipe: 2023-24 Jets de Winnipeg
Date de création initiale: 17 juill. 2023
Publié: 17 juill. 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I feel like Boston is the best spot for Scheifele. Too bad that both Krejci and Bergeron are holding things up for a 2nd year in a row.

Helle will probably go to NJ or Buff. Feel like as time goes on, his value will drop.

Not sure of Garlands value. I think this is fair value, but i'd be a fool not to know that Canucks fans will probably think he is worth a ton.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
1850 000 $
2975 000 $
2975 000 $
76 250 000 $
42 250 000 $
85 250 000 $
Transactions
WPG
  1. Frederic, Trent [Droits de RFA]
  2. Swayman, Jeremy [Droits de RFA]
VAN
  1. Appleton, Mason
  2. Stanley, Logan
  3. Choix de 3e ronde en 2024 (WPG)
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de WPG
Logo de MTL
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2383 500 000 $81 499 524 $0 $850 000 $2 000 476 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
7 142 857 $7 142 857 $
AG
UFA - 3
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AG, C
RFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
6 250 000 $6 250 000 $
AD, C
RFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
AG, AD, C
UFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo de Canucks de Vancouver
4 950 000 $4 950 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 3
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
975 000 $975 000 $
C, AG, AD
RFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
1 350 000 $1 350 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
6 250 000 $6 250 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 5
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
G
RFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
DG
RFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
5 875 000 $5 875 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
G
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
3 900 000 $3 900 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
5 950 000 $5 950 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
775 000 $775 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
775 000 $775 000 $
AG, C
RFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
762 500 $762 500 $
DG
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
17 juill. 2023 à 13 h 45
Rejoint: juill. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 103
Scheifele doesn’t fit the timeline and his play style isn’t what we need from a 1C
Cory a aimé ceci.
17 juill. 2023 à 13 h 51
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 368
Quoting: Quaider11
Scheifele doesn’t fit the timeline and his play style isn’t what we need from a 1C

Fair point. Isn't Boston's timeline the same every year? WIn, Win, Win. What about him doesn't fit and please don't talk about his +/- stats? 5 people are on the ice contribute to that stat and a guy who also puts in forth line minutes when someone gets hurt shouldn't have that fall directly on his shoulders. Is there work to be done their, for sure, but that is a really poor tracking stat. Also, the whole locker room issues is a myth. His whole team voted him to be a leader so that should show the knowledgeable people what that means.
Quaider11 a aimé ceci.
17 juill. 2023 à 13 h 52
Rejoint: août 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 772
So I understand Hellebuyck going to the devils makes all the sense in the world for them to become a powerhouse in the east and take a few cup runs, but I think you forgot the salary cap exists and he wants to be the highest paid goalie in the NHL, even if he comes down and asks for an 8 per deal Devils can't come close to that they have to do MErcer and Schmid after this coming season and then Huges the season after that.

And i don't see them giving up a lot to only take one year run with him and then him walking in free agency.
Tintin a aimé ceci.
17 juill. 2023 à 13 h 57
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: NDoody
So I understand Hellebuyck going to the devils makes all the sense in the world for them to become a powerhouse in the east and take a few cup runs, but I think you forgot the salary cap exists and he wants to be the highest paid goalie in the NHL, even if he comes down and asks for an 8 per deal Devils can't come close to that they have to do MErcer and Schmid after this coming season and then Huges the season after that.

And i don't see them giving up a lot to only take one year run with him and then him walking in free agency.

Not sure of their finances and how they see the fit. This is all without an extension and why the return is less than flattering.
littlejerryseinfeld a aimé ceci.
17 juill. 2023 à 14 h 0
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,065
Vancouver would accept that deal.
Nighthawk et alwaysnextyear a aimé ceci.
17 juill. 2023 à 14 h 0
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 7,002
I understand your thinking Cory, but there's just no chance the Jets sell that low on Hellebuyck and Scheifele. They'd be better off just keeping them and letting them walk as UFA's as that has more value to the Jets than the trades.

Also, according to the insiders, Garland is a free asset, so he should not cost even that much. Taking on his contract for free is good value for Vancouver.
17 juill. 2023 à 14 h 4
Dekesaladekes
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,059
Quoting: Cory
Fair point. Isn't Boston's timeline the same every year? WIn, Win, Win. What about him doesn't fit and please don't talk about his +/- stats? 5 people are on the ice contribute to that stat and a guy who also puts in forth line minutes when someone gets hurt shouldn't have that fall directly on his shoulders. Is there work to be done their, for sure, but that is a really poor tracking stat. Also, the whole locker room issues is a myth. His whole team voted him to be a leader so that should show the knowledgeable people what that means.

It is schiefele work ethic lots of times he half asses it back into the dzone and looks to really care less if they get scored on. He’s been a defensive reliability since about half way through Maurice’s tenure as coach and that just won’t work with Boston.

Boston has always been a defence by committee squad and everyone is expected to contribute on both ends of the ice, maybe a change of scenery is all he needs to regain the form he once had of being a 2 way Center man and maybe if had wingers like Marchand and debrusk who are good defensively that would influence his game but i don’t think that’s a risk Boston is willing to take for their future starting goalie when next season we have 20+ mill in cap and more if we move Ullmark then we could look to target any one of the top UFA centers including schiefele if they think he’s the answer.

Rather just let the young guys develop this year, hope for a breakout season and then that’s one less whole to fill, im really high on Geekie and giving him the best opportunities we can
Quaider11 a aimé ceci.
17 juill. 2023 à 14 h 5
2018 Canucks
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 747
Quoting: sedin33

Appleton is very serviceable. Stanley depth D more like AHL. Pick tossed in makes it an easy yes to save cap space.
17 juill. 2023 à 14 h 5
Not sure of their finances and how they see the fit. This is all without an extension and why the return is less than flattering.

Yah they have a little over $4M in cap space rn with Kevin Bahl still to sign.
Next summer Dawson Mercer is due. Even at a bridge deal and resigning players for less they don't have the money to offer him anything near what he wants.
Basically, they would have to give up assets, and likely more than you mentioned just to have him for one year and then try and sign and trade him else where.
tsyls a aimé ceci.
17 juill. 2023 à 14 h 8
Rejoint: juill. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 103

Scheifele seems like a good guy at a personal level but he’s certainly more of an offensive minded forward and metrics wise it seems that he’s flat out not defensively responsible
The Bruins need a Center that is “defense first” and Scheifele doesn’t really kill penalties and I don’t think he takes many d zone faceoffs He also isn’t the greatest forechecker and I’ve heard there are games he just doesn’t backcheck at all and all of those things are exactly what the team needs from the Center who’s going to replace Bergeron
What I think a lot of people fail to realize is that the Bruins management really value balanced Centers even at the expense of point production and obviously there would be exceptions in the case of superstars like Draisaitl
I don’t necessarily agree with that philosophy but I think that’s just how they view the 1C position they need that player to be someone who plays a very balanced game across all metrics
Dekes a aimé ceci.
17 juill. 2023 à 14 h 8
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,443
Quoting: sedin33

Jets wouldn't offer it. If hall was free Garland probably is too lol
WPGSK et TeddyLovesTheJets a aimé ceci.
17 juill. 2023 à 14 h 12
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 4,825
Quoting: NDoody
Yah they have a little over $4M in cap space rn with Kevin Bahl still to sign.
Next summer Dawson Mercer is due. Even at a bridge deal and resigning players for less they don't have the money to offer him anything near what he wants.
Basically, they would have to give up assets, and likely more than you mentioned just to have him for one year and then try and sign and trade him else where.

Jets have to take vanecek back at least. I’m not sure why fans are scared of adding good players and having to make a move or two to make it work. Look at vegas lol. They added good players and made the money work and they won a cup doing it.
WPGSK, TeddyLovesTheJets et NDoody a aimé ceci.
17 juill. 2023 à 14 h 14
CupChaser
Rejoint: mai 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 85
I think Scheifele meets what the Bruins are looking for and I like that trade.... Problem would be Winnipeg would have to retain salary. I would toss in a high draft pick for them to do so since the Bruins cant draft for **** anyway
17 juill. 2023 à 14 h 16
n.1 Topias Vilen fan
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,577
I don't think I trade Casey for Hellebuyck, and there would have to be retention if Vanecek isn't included.

Also to note is that Daws is injured and out for half the year, so you'd need to sign an AHL goalie
17 juill. 2023 à 14 h 26
Mentions "j'aime": 100
Quoting: pretzelcoatl
I don't think I trade Casey for Hellebuyck, and there would have to be retention if Vanecek isn't included.

Also to note is that Daws is injured and out for half the year, so you'd need to sign an AHL goalie

I mean we either hold onto him and he gets blocked by the core of Hamilton, Seigenthaler, Marino, Hughes, and Nemec two years from now. Or we use an asset like him to acquire a position we could use an upgrade at. If Casey as a centerpiece can get us one of Helleybuck, Swayman, or Sarros you simply have to do it.
17 juill. 2023 à 14 h 30
n.1 Topias Vilen fan
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,577
Quoting: RV23
I mean we either hold onto him and he gets blocked by the core of Hamilton, Seigenthaler, Marino, Hughes, and Nemec two years from now. Or we use an asset like him to acquire a position we could use an upgrade at. If Casey as a centerpiece can get us one of Helleybuck, Swayman, or Sarros you simply have to do it.

Or he switches to forward, which he has done at the NCAA level and has all the tools to do when he turns pro. I would trade him for Swayman, and maybe Saros with an extension, but not Hellebuyck at his current contract ask.
17 juill. 2023 à 14 h 30
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 18,356
Quoting: Windjammer
I understand your thinking Cory, but there's just no chance the Jets sell that low on Hellebuyck and Scheifele. They'd be better off just keeping them and letting them walk as UFA's as that has more value to the Jets than the trades.

Also, according to the insiders, Garland is a free asset, so he should not cost even that much. Taking on his contract for free is good value for Vancouver.

If I were to put my money on an outcome, this would be it for Hellebuyck. Goalies are particularly hard to value, hard to maximize return, and are much less frequently traded in-season. Since there is so little cap space available throughout league, Jets probably aren’t getting a ton of bids. And since he has made public he wants huge extension, will be even fewer bidders.
Cory a aimé ceci.
17 juill. 2023 à 14 h 34
WPGSK
Rejoint: juin 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 232
The only good deal there for the JETS is the one with BOS.

Garland isn't a good fit in WPG. The Jets don't need any small overpriced guys. Garland is one of the guys that VAN needs to package with a pick or prospect to get rid of him.

The NJD deal is brutal for WPG. 2 prospects for a Vezina goalie? Hmmmm...
TeddyLovesTheJets a aimé ceci.
17 juill. 2023 à 14 h 45
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 7,002
Quoting: NHLfan10506
If I were to put my money on an outcome, this would be it for Hellebuyck. Goalies are particularly hard to value, hard to maximize return, and are much less frequently traded in-season. Since there is so little cap space available throughout league, Jets probably aren’t getting a ton of bids. And since he has made public he wants huge extension, will be even fewer bidders.

Yeah, I think he stays as well. The "huge extension" part though, I don't think has any affect. What we think is huge and the actual people that are paying the money think is huge are incredibly different. The interested teams will have a fairly accurate idea of what the extension will be and if they want him will comeup with a way to make it fit. So, I don't think rumours of a large ask affect anyone outside of fans as the people involved know the actual story and aren't paying attention to rumours.

I do however think, with Vegas winning, that more teams are leaning towards "team average goaltending can work" and look elsewhere when they find out the acquisition cost and couple it with the extension cost.
Cory a aimé ceci.
17 juill. 2023 à 14 h 49
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: WPGSK
The only good deal there for the JETS is the one with BOS.

Garland isn't a good fit in WPG. The Jets don't need any small overpriced guys. Garland is one of the guys that VAN needs to package with a pick or prospect to get rid of him.

The NJD deal is brutal for WPG. 2 prospects for a Vezina goalie? Hmmmm...

I would agree, but goalies don't hold as much value as you may think. What was the last big haul for a goalie? Vegas proved it last year with Adin Hill that you don't need to spend a ton on a goalie no matter what their caliber is. Goalies are a fickle bunch, when they are hot, they are unbeatable, and any goalie can get hot. Montreal was a horrible team when they went to the final. It was only because Carey Price played unreal. Same with Adin Hill this year. Even Bobrovsky in Florida.
17 juill. 2023 à 14 h 50
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,065
Quoting: Howie
Jets wouldn't offer it. If hall was free Garland probably is too lol

Not saying they would. I'm only responding to the post.
17 juill. 2023 à 14 h 52
Quoting: tsyls
Jets have to take vanecek back at least. I’m not sure why fans are scared of adding good players and having to make a move or two to make it work. Look at vegas lol. They added good players and made the money work and they won a cup doing it.

Key is Vegas signed almost all the players they traded for long-term. They didn't make a move to let someone walk after one year.
tsyls a aimé ceci.
17 juill. 2023 à 14 h 58
Quoting: CupChaser
I think Scheifele meets what the Bruins are looking for and I like that trade.... Problem would be Winnipeg would have to retain salary. I would toss in a high draft pick for them to do so since the Bruins cant draft for **** anyway

While I am not sure if this trade is the right trade for both teams, however, What I haven't seen anyone mention here is that it has been mentioned a couple of times on Sportsnet and Tsn is that Boston is one of Scheifele's top preferred teams to get moved to, he does have a modified NTC, and the Jets seem open to helping him get to a team he wants. This all changes the trade value for him a lot especially after having made over $50 M after this season mabye he signs for less with a team he wants to play off.
17 juill. 2023 à 14 h 58
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Windjammer

I hear ya, historically goalies don't go for much.

I think the Jets win in that Scheifele trade. Swayman in a #1 goalie in this league. I think he is all but proven he can take that role. I really like Fredrick, I think he is just the type of player this team needs.

I may be the only one, but I definitely think Garland is a good hockey player. Maybe not a top line guy, but for under 5 mil, he can fit in well on the middle six. Appleton to me is a dime a dozen, Stanley doesn't want to be here, maybe you remove the pick.
17 juill. 2023 à 14 h 59
Mentions "j'aime": 4,825
Quoting: CupChaser

Holy crap a B’s fan that actually realizes they’re legitimately screwed at C and is okay with moving a young goalie for a 40 goal scorer….

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage