11 mars 2019
Jets de Winnipeg
Deuxième équipe favorite
Devils du New Jersey
Messages dans les forums
Messages par jour
<div class="quote"><div class="quote_t">Quoting: <b>Xspyrit</b></div><div>A lot of things doesn't work for Ottawa here :
- Center is really NOT a position of need with Stutzle, Norris, Pinto (+ Greig and Ostapchuk if there was a spot in the future)
- Sens don't have cap space, they can't ADD more salary
- Scheifele is really NOT the type of player the Sens need to add (all offense, no defense)
- Sens didn't want to trade Pinto for Chychrun (and DeBrincat I believe), which were more team needs. Why would they trade him now for an UFA to be that they don't need?
- Sens might not be very interested in trading another 1st round pick after they didn't have one for 2 years (3 if you count Boucher, which I do), particularly for an UFA-to-be
- If a small % of the rumors about Scheifele are true, he's really not the type of character the Sens would target
- Also wouldn't make sense for them to trade a young player for a 30 y/o who will want a huge contract that will make him overpaid in the near future
- No spot/interest in Stanley as well
Let's say you think Scheifele is an upgrade on Pinto, which he would be OFFENSIVELY, but then you have either him or Norris as the 3rd line center? That'd be quite the waste... Plus, there's already not enough PP time to share with everybody. Sens need to get better defensively, not worse.
Yes they are both vets but that's where the comparison stops, Giroux is a premium 2-way forward, aging like fine wine too
Scheifele is UFA-to-be and quite overrated (always among the worst defensive metrics). Any team paying a 1st (that could be anywhere) and a young player like Pinto will regret it. Plus there's no garantee he'd re-sign there
Even if there was cap space to acquire him, I wouldn't dangle any of Pinto, Greig, Kleven, 1st round picks.... It would be lower tier assets</div></div>
These defensive stats talk needs to be looked at a whole lot better by people if they are going to make false claims. The guy is a career + player in the NHL. Yes, the past 2 years have been a slide for him, but on a really poor defensive team. He is also the guy who sometimes slots in on the 4th line and that line gets beat up a lot because of lack of depth. He was also not that bad compared to others.
Jordan Kyrou -38
Johnny Gaudreau -33
Alex Debrincat -31
Nicklas Backstrom -25
Patrick Kane -22
Ryan O'Reilly -21
Alex Ovechkin -16
Mark Scheifele -16
These are all prominent players in the NHL and only Ovechkin scored 40 + goals last year and all of these players made more than Scheifele. Their are a ton more, but I will leave that for everyone to look up on their own.
<div class="quote"><div class="quote_t">Quoting: <b>WPGSK</b></div><div>I like those lines. Well done. Not sure the Jets need Bailey, but LOVING that you have scratched Schmidt for Heinola.
You need to fit in Chisholm though.</div></div>
I would agree, I am a season ticket holder for both the Moose and Jets. I just don't believe that Chisholm is better than anyone right now. Unfortunate, because we will probably lose him through waivers, but we can't just play him because of that fear. Also, scratching someone like Schmidt hurts. I am all on my own here I know, but I like his game. But, I recognize the need to get Heinola in. Again, not a fan of his, but he needs to play.
Bailey is just a decent veteran player that can be picked up at a low cost. All of our prospects are high end and shouldn't be wasted on the 4th line. He can also be sat if needed. Jets need to move on from Gustafsson. He is horrible, I do not want to see him in this lineup.