Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

27 juin 2023 à 15 h 11
sensonfire
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,466
Quoting: phillyjabroni
Hayes is not part of this teams core nor did he or the coaching/front office have any interest in him remaining part of the core. He was brought into an established core that saw each player get traded away. He was off the team come hell or highwater. A 6th round pick is better than having to buy him out.

Suit yourself then.

IMO, Flyers deserved more than what they got here.

If someone proposed this exact trade in AGM, he/she would get roasted.

And rightfully so.
27 juin 2023 à 15 h 14
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,885
Quoting: sensonfire
Suit yourself then.

IMO, Flyers deserved more than what they got here.

If someone proposed this exact trade in AGM, he/she would get roasted.

And rightfully so.

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/4305524

This was before the RyJo and Hall deals. I don't think the Flyers deserved more because the market adjusted and said cap dumps aren't worth a whole lot. Flyers also get the benefit of an additional 3.5M in space that they otherwise wouldn't have had
27 juin 2023 à 15 h 26
Future Ducks legend
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,770
Sucks the Krug deal fell apart but doubt anyone was expecting a better return considering RyJo set the market a couple days before. A 6th is better than warehousing a buyout on the books for 6 years. In a vacuum it's heavily lopsided towards STL, but Hayes isn't a fit for the team or culture going forward. Rather have players that actually want to be in Philadelphia than those who whine and complain when they get called out.

I think Stevey Y set the market with the Vrana dump a few months back.
27 juin 2023 à 15 h 28
sensonfire
https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/4305524

This was before the RyJo and Hall deals. I don't think the Flyers deserved more because the market adjusted and said cap dumps aren't worth a whole lot. Flyers also get the benefit of an additional 3.5M in space that they otherwise wouldn't have had

Hayes at 3.6 million for the next 3 season has positive value.

And the RoJo and Hall deals were also egregious.

We agree to disagree.
27 juin 2023 à 15 h 31
Mentions "j'aime": 965
Quoting: OutDoorRinkBoy
I get it it's a cap dump, but only a 6th? I figured the Flyers might be able to get a bit more than that for Hayes 50% retained.

it's still the term on Hayes that pulls his value back to nothing.
27 juin 2023 à 15 h 39
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,512
Quoting: jpsnow13
STL just paid a 6th round pick for a $3.5M capable top 6 center and you think another team is going to offer PHI a 2nd to take on a $3.5M pure capdump?!? Google double standard...

google zack kassian
27 juin 2023 à 15 h 54
Future Ducks legend
Mentions "j'aime": 6,770
Quoting: sensonfire
Hayes at 3.6 million for the next 3 season has positive value.

And the RoJo and Hall deals were also egregious.

We agree to disagree.

The Ryjo, Hall, and most importantly the one that set the market Vrana deals are the reality of the current cap world.

Got an old player with term who is underperforming the contract that you WANT moved, it's 50% retained for a bag of pucks or a buyout that lingers twice as long.

Only question now is who is going to get Granlund for 2.5 million.
27 juin 2023 à 16 h 8
sensonfire
Quoting: GiggywithGibby
The Ryjo, Hall, and most importantly the one that set the market Vrana deals are the reality of the current cap world.

Got an old player with term who is underperforming the contract that you WANT moved, it's 50% retained for a bag of pucks or a buyout that lingers twice as long.

Only question now is who is going to get Granlund for 2.5 million.

1. Vrana was injured most of the time and went into the players assistance program.

He was the very definition of a cap dump.

Ryjo, Hall and Hayes can all still play in your Top 6 for the most part.

2. Even in this current cap world, GMs are still wildly inconsistent with their trade values.

It's their fault they can't come up with better trade ideas.

3. Granlund at 2.5 million can be had for future considerations.

When he went to Pittsburgh, his on-ice performance nose-dived.

4. I understand there's a sunk cost element to all these trades.

And some can be forgiven.

But the more sunk costs are incurred by a single team, the more badly that team's GM needs to be fired.
27 juin 2023 à 16 h 23
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
W for Torts. His authority cannot be overstated.
27 juin 2023 à 16 h 28
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 502
It really just shows that the teams that have cap space aren't much interested in taking back salary, imo. Teams don't have the option of dumping guys owed a bunch of money, especially on long-term deals for mid-round picks right now. So teams are forced to get more creative to make deals happen to find space. Poile was willing to dump RyJo and pay half his contract to make four million in cap space. If he could have made room another way for cheap, he would have done it.
I'm guessing the Torts/Hayes situation probably makes Philly a motivated seller, and if the best they could do was a sixth and extra cap space, they took it.

Good for St. Louis though. They can retain again later if the gamble doesn't pay off, and at 25% he's easy for most teams to fit even if he's playing more of a bottom-six role at that point. Meantime, he's a decent middle-six C on an entirely reasonable cap hit for them.
27 juin 2023 à 16 h 35
and proud of it
Rejoint: févr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 1,606
Giving away Kevin Hayes for free lol.
27 juin 2023 à 16 h 47
45 for Norris.
Rejoint: nov. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 328
Armstrong W.
27 juin 2023 à 16 h 52
You know nothing JS
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,436
Quoting: budgeteam
Could you elaborate? I don't understand your point as it is written.

Sorry, english is my second language. Thank you for just asking a rectification and not just blasting me.
budgeteam et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
27 juin 2023 à 17 h 1
couldnt afford 2nd t
Rejoint: sept. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 431
Quoting: jpsnow13
Sorry, english is my second language. Thank you for just asking a rectification and not just blasting me.

I applaud you for participating on a board where English is your second language. I would have nightmares about posting on a French message board. squinty smile
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
27 juin 2023 à 18 h 8
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 855
Quoting: TheFastAndTheFleuryous
Once again, cap space is the most valuable asset in the NHL!

I agree that cap space is valuable, but it shouldn't be this valuable. If Hayes was being paid $3.6 million, then you would be able to get serious assets back for him. Only getting a 6th is nothing.
poeticentropy et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
27 juin 2023 à 18 h 39
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 531
Holy crap this leads me to believe SJ is going to get screwed in a Karlsson trade. Can't believe all that retention and term for only a 6th
CSStrowbridge et nanderson a aimé ceci.
27 juin 2023 à 20 h 36
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,651
Cap move?
27 juin 2023 à 22 h 18
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 272
the 6th round isnt worth much... the Flyers will miss that capspace more than what that pick is likely to bring.

Hayes for 3yrs at 3.5... is a pretty good deal.
nanderson a aimé ceci.
28 juin 2023 à 0 h 31
Mentions "j'aime": 15
Blues got him at 50% retained basically for free. Big win for them. I don't like Hayes at $7M, but I love him at $3.5M.
28 juin 2023 à 16 h 8
Mentions "j'aime": 548
What we’re seeing with this trade and the Johansen trade is a different approach to cap dumps. What we are used to seeing is teams giving up positive assets, like early round draft picks, to get another team to take a bad contract off their hands. Instead, these teams are retaining salary to turn the bad contract into a neutral one, i.e. one that another team would be willing to give the player if he was a UFA. This way they don’t have to give up any positive assets.

Whether Philadelphia got a 6th-round pick, a pending UFA or a bag of pucks is irrelevant. The goal was not to get anything of value back. The goal was to get somebody to take the player for nothing. What we should be debating is not the return but the amount of the retention. At what annual cap hit for 3 years does Hayes have value as a player? According to this trade, it’s $3,571,429. Should it have been more like $4M or $5? Should they have been able to get somebody to take him for nothing with less retention?

I’m surprised they couldn’t move him with less retention. I know there’s more to a player’s value than how many points he puts up, but Hayes was only one point off his career best this past season. How does he go from being worth over $7M per year after a 19-goal, 55-point season in 2019 to only half of that after an 18-goal, 54-point season in 2023?

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage