SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Toronto Maple Leafs 2023 2024 Offseason Discussion - Now What?

6 juin 2023 à 15 h 4
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,724
Quoting: Random2152
Laughton isn't good tho

18 goals 25 assists 43 points on a bad flyers team

Signed to a nice contract for another 3 years

Can play PP and PK

And has got hands

So if this is your definition of bad scared to ask whats really bad lul
6 juin 2023 à 15 h 5
Just Keep Swimming
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,554
Quoting: aadoyle
18 goals 25 assists 43 points on a bad flyers team

Can play PP and PK

And has got hands

Dude if you keep using points as your eval method in the way you are, you're going to be surprised often
6 juin 2023 à 15 h 16
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 6 juin 2023 à 15 h 27
Dude if you keep using points as your eval method in the way you are, you're going to be surprised often

Laughton in Toronto would be a solid addition you cant see it I cant help you. Leafs have been after him for a while and with Philly potentially looking to blow it up now might finally be the time

Slot him inbetween JT and Marner or Nylander and thats your 2c guy to allow JT to shift to wing until we develop someone

3mill is the perfect cap hit for us as we also gonna want to target other guys for this team.

He adds that physical nature that the teams been asking for would add to the scoring this team has been needing, can play on PP unit 2 or on the PK with Marner

And expect the point totals to go up as he will be on a better team

Plus last time he was in the playoffs 5 goals 4 assists. Pretty good for a 3mill guy

6 juin 2023 à 15 h 27
Just Keep Swimming
Laughton in Toronto would be a solid addition you cant see it I cant help you. Leafs have been after him for a while and with Philly potentially looking to blow it up now might finally be the time

Slot him inbetween JT and Marner or Nylander and thats your 2c guy to allow JT to shift to wing until we develop someone

3mill is the perfect cap hit for us as we also gonna want to target other guys for this team.

He adds that physical nature that the teams been asking for would add to the scoring this team has been needing, can play on PP unit 2 or on the PK with Marner

And expect the point totals to go up as he will be on a better team

Plus last time he was in the playoffs 5 goals 4 assists. Pretty good for a 3mill guy

Why is it whenever a guy is wanted by this fanbase, they've just shot above their career average s%?
6 juin 2023 à 15 h 30
Hakuna Matata
Why is it whenever a guy is wanted by this fanbase, they've just shot above their career average s%?

Laughton's career average is 9.9 s%. Over the last 3 seasons hes been doing 10.1, 10 and 10.6 which is really nothing crazy

Its not like Jeannot who went from 19.4 to 5.7

Hes pretty much been shooting up to his avg which will soon be at 10%
6 juin 2023 à 15 h 32
Just Keep Swimming
Laughton's career average is 9.9 s%. Over the last 3 seasons hes been doing 10.1, 10 and 10.6 which is really nothing crazy

Its not like Jeannot who went from 19.4 to 5.7

Hes pretty much been shooting up to his avg which will soon be at 10%

Hmm. Second highest of his long career.
And his PDO has been steady against his career average. Sure seems suspect.

Dom has him barely worth his contract this year, and he has 5 more to go. Not at all a risk worth taking
6 juin 2023 à 15 h 38
Hakuna Matata
Hmm. Second highest of his long career.
And his PDO has been steady against his career average. Sure seems suspect.

Dom has him barely worth his contract this year, and he has 5 more to go. Not at all a risk worth taking

In general Leafs probs want to move JT to wing and if Philly is going hey we got this guy I would do it as Laughton to me would be a nice addition and would allow the leafs to make additional moves without to much compromise

Laughton on the PK with Marner would be fun as their speed and hands would make for a scary SH combo. And then once we develop that 2c he can slot down as the 3c or be shifted to wing. Either way he is someone to look at if available
6 juin 2023 à 15 h 40
Just Keep Swimming
In general Leafs want to move JT to wing and if Philly is going hey we got this guy I would do it as Laughton to me would be a nice addition and would allow the leafs to make additional moves without to much compromise

Laughton on the PK with Marner would be fun as their speed and hands would make for a scary SH combo. And then once we develop that 2c he can slot down as the 3c or be shifted to wing. Either way he is someone to look at if available

Oh Mr Burke! I didn't realise it was you!
6 juin 2023 à 17 h 35
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,982
I will take one Morgan Frost pls

<a href=morgan-frost.jpg">
NorthernLeafsFan05 a aimé ceci.
6 juin 2023 à 17 h 36
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: MatthewsFan

morgan-frost.jpg">

Yeah he was a guy I would have been interested in as a reclamation project a year or 2 ago, but now that he is starting to break out I doubt Philly will be inclined to move him
6 juin 2023 à 17 h 36
Hakuna Matata

morgan-frost.jpg">

I feel Phillys gonna build around guys like him and York

Everyone else not on an ELC probs available in some capacity

Also

https://twitter.com/JeffMarek/status/1666166917625675776
6 juin 2023 à 17 h 39
Ovchinnikov 137
Yeah he was a guy I would have been interested in as a reclamation project a year or 2 ago, but now that he is starting to break out I doubt Philly will be inclined to move him

You are not wrong, he just turned 24, if PHI tears it down they are what, 3 years away. Putting him around 27-28.
6 juin 2023 à 17 h 43
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 5,863
Toronto being linked to Hart shows that Toronto will forever be connected to every single player made available. We have zero need for a goalie and yet people throw out Toronto as being interested
MatthewsFan, Random2152 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
6 juin 2023 à 17 h 43
Ovchinnikov 137
I feel Phillys gonna build around guys like him and York

Everyone else not on an ELC probs available in some capacity

Also

https://twitter.com/JeffMarek/status/1666166917625675776

I mean plenty of players are close, I don't read much into that. I could see Walker being moved at next years TDL for a pick.

I really want TOR to address the 2C hole this summer, so if not Frost then possible Hayton.
6 juin 2023 à 17 h 54
Hakuna Matata
I mean plenty of players are close, I don't read much into that. I could see Walker being moved at next years TDL for a pick.

I really want TOR to address the 2C hole this summer, so if not Frost then possible Hayton.

The issue with those two is why would the teams want to move these youngsters unless a team really overpays.

If were looking for a 2c got to think realistic or obtainable. As I would be surprised if either guy is on the moving list.

To me if your looking for a C to slot into 2c go get someone like Rodrigues via FA, or trade for one of Geekie/Lunderstrom who are being pushed out of their teams lineups with graduates coming up. Or play safe and bring back ROR who seemed to fit in well here. Then at the draft try and get that next guy.

Lunderstrom and Geekie should be pretty cheap to get and are both are interesting candidates and slotting them between JT and Marner/Nylander would be interesting.
6 juin 2023 à 18 h 8
Ovchinnikov 137
The issue with those two is why would the teams want to move these youngsters unless a team really overpays.

If were looking for a 2c got to think realistic or obtainable. As I would be surprised if either guy is on the moving list.

To me if your looking for a C to slot into 2c go get someone like Rodrigues via FA, or trade for one of Geekie/Lunderstrom who are being pushed out of their teams lineups with graduates coming up. Or play safe and bring back ROR who seemed to fit in well here. Then at the draft try and get that next guy.

Lunderstrom and Geekie should be pretty cheap to get and are both are interesting candidates and slotting them between JT and Marner/Nylander would be interesting.

Then you overpay, both those guys are mystery boxes. I like Geekie too but then just give that opportunity to Holmberg is those are the choices.
6 juin 2023 à 18 h 44
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,152
Quoting: Nathaniel
Toronto being linked to Hart shows that Toronto will forever be connected to every single player made available. We have zero need for a goalie and yet people throw out Toronto as being interested

Yah, the only reason acquiring a goalie makes sense is if it’s a major upgrade. Hart doesn’t give us anything we don’t already have in Sammy and Woll.
6 juin 2023 à 19 h 6
Hakuna Matata

In general u target a goalie u want an upgrade not a lateral move.

Basically it would have to be someone like Hellybuyck whose gonna cost way to much.

Rn if were trading focus should be scoring top 6 wing or 2-way RD
6 juin 2023 à 19 h 14
Just Keep Swimming

Basically it would have to be someone like Hellybuyck whose gonna cost way to much.

The Rd you're looking for is named Liljegren
6 juin 2023 à 19 h 16
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever

The focus should be scoring depth for the forward group period. Defense isn't an issue. Goaltending stops being an issue when Samsonov gets resigned. We have 6 good defensemen under contract for next season with Schenn also needing a deal
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
6 juin 2023 à 19 h 20
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,152
The focus should be scoring depth for the forward group period. Defense isn't an issue. Goaltending stops being an issue when Samsonov gets resigned. We have 6 good defensemen under contract for next season with Schenn also needing a deal

I've never understood why the narrative about Toronto needing defense is still so common. Toronto hasn't needed defense since they added TJ Brodie in 2021. Like sure, it'd be nice, but it's not the priority.
6 juin 2023 à 20 h 3
Hakuna Matata

For dman not a big need but if someone really good becomes available should explore.

But yea more focus on scoring wings be needed.

Bertuzzi, Killorn, Pacioretty, Tarasenko, etc
6 juin 2023 à 20 h 19
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,201
Quoting: Saskleaf
I've never understood why the narrative about Toronto needing defense is still so common. Toronto hasn't needed defense since they added TJ Brodie in 2021. Like sure, it'd be nice, but it's not the priority.

And yet for some reason a large chunk of the fanbase seems to want to trade Brodie for peanuts...
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
6 juin 2023 à 20 h 31
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
And yet for some reason a large chunk of the fanbase seems to want to trade Brodie for peanuts...

mhm. One bad playoff series lets yeet him to the sun. People forgot he was steady Brodie all season but no lets trade him cause he sucked vs. FLA come on

Keep him till the end of his deal than move on or extend
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
6 juin 2023 à 20 h 55
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
mhm. One bad playoff series lets yeet him to the sun. People forgot he was steady Brodie all season but no lets trade him cause he sucked vs. FLA come on

Keep him till the end of his deal than move on or extend

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1eLJfMrJErpDHHu4NVCP7qgVY6cY86JoXPQ&usqp=CAU

When Brodie's contract is up, this man will be a regular

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage