SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Toronto Maple Leafs 2023 2024 Offseason Discussion - Now What?

19 mai 2023 à 18 h 33
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,111
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
Can't link the tweet, but supposedly there are more than a few unhappy people in the Leafs organization over this news - specifically staff members. Have your opinions on Dubas' personnel decisions, but you can't convince me he isn't a world class person and a great guy to work for.

He was a great being but I guess greed got the best of him in the end but nobodies immuneto it. I would have signed that deal offered and started the business of extending Matthews but the agent strikes again.

Still great person and I wish the best. I got faith in Pridham and know he will be a good successor
19 mai 2023 à 18 h 35
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,983
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
Can't link the tweet, but supposedly there are more than a few unhappy people in the Leafs organization over this news - specifically staff members. Have your opinions on Dubas' personnel decisions, but you can't convince me he isn't a world class person and a great guy to work for.

His approach to having a three-tier system (Growlers/Marlies/Leaf’s) all being competitive and developing talent. Being a progressive in hiring in the workplace, great at identifying talent, was he perfect no, but god damn this is a sad day in this organization’s history.
19 mai 2023 à 18 h 38
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,105
Quoting: aadoyle
He was a great being but I guess greed got the best of him in the end but nobodies immuneto it. I would have signed that deal offered and started the business of extending Matthews but the agent strikes again.

Still great person and I wish the best. I got faith in Pridham and know he will be a good successor

I hate the fact that this whole money rhetoric is taking grip. Shanny said in the presser that money wasn't the motivating factor, but it was just some fukcing feeling he had because he said there was a world where he would step away from hockey to SPEND TIME WITH HIS FAMILY IF THE LEAFS DIDN'T EXTEND HIM.

Again, who knows whats next? What this means for the on-ice product is still yet to be determined, but the off-ice impact could not be more clear. We heartlessly led Kyle on, only to fire him last minute because of one random comment. ONE OFF ICE COMMENT IS ALL IT TOOK. It's infuriating. Love him or hate him, spitting in Kyle's face like that is absolutely unacceptable. Completely barbaric and I could not be more ashamed of the Leafs ethics right now. I'm actually disgusted.

This could turn out to be a brilliant move that leads to a Cup, but it doesn't change the fact that this is absolutely heartless. I feel genuinely bad for Kyle. I wish him all the best and hope he wins a Cup sooner rather than later.
19 mai 2023 à 18 h 41
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Nathaniel
I hate the fact that this whole money rhetoric is taking grip. Shanny said in the presser that money wasn't the motivating factor, but it was just some fukcing feeling he had because he said there was a world where he would step away from hockey to SPEND TIME WITH HIS FAMILY IF THE LEAFS DIDN'T EXTEND HIM.

Again, who knows whats next? What this means for the on-ice product is still yet to be determined, but the off-ice impact could not be more clear. We heartlessly led Kyle on, only to fire him last minute because of one random comment. ONE OFF ICE COMMENT IS ALL IT TOOK. It's infuriating. Love him or hate him, spitting in Kyle's face like that is absolutely unacceptable. Completely barbaric and I could not be more ashamed of the Leafs ethics right now. I'm actually disgusted.

This could turn out to be a brilliant move that leads to a Cup, but it doesn't change the fact that this is absolutely heartless. I feel genuinely bad for Kyle. I wish him all the best and hope he wins a Cup sooner rather than later.

In the end I trust Pridham and this is his chance of a lifetime good luck be rooting for yah

As to me this guy could become a really good gm

And I wish Dubas all the best
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2023 à 18 h 41
Ovchinnikov 137

All I know right now is those mother fukcers better not even try bring back the core 4. If one of their heads doesn’t roll, then what the fukc are we even doing
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2023 à 18 h 44
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 19 mai 2023 à 18 h 51
I'm starting to wonder if Keefe has something to do with the firing

As I'm starting to wonder if Shanahan wanted him fired but dubas said no. Just spit balling but the glued to hip soo Brothers might have also done him in

As when u mention multiple factors firing a best friend might have been a no no for Dubas
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2023 à 18 h 55
Saskoiler for now
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,241
Quoting: MatthewsFan
All I know right now is those mother fukcers better not even try bring back the core 4. If one of their heads doesn’t roll, then what the fukc are we even doing

At this point just go with the craziest option and trade Matthews.
19 mai 2023 à 18 h 56
Hakuna Matata

Been thinking like what blue jays did with hernandez u trade Willy for a Dman who can create offense and play good defense.

Toews would be interesting

Unless u go really bold (Marner + for Josi)
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2023 à 19 h 1
Ovchinnikov 137
Been thinking like what blue jays did with hernandez u trade Willy for a Dman who can create offense and play good defense.

Toews would be interesting

Unless u go really bold (Marner + for Josi)

The thought right now of Brad Treliving, the ghost of John Tavares, and a **** ton of picks/prospects makes me sick to my stomach.
19 mai 2023 à 19 h 2
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: Saskleaf
At this point just go with the craziest option and trade Matthews.

Sorry, this was for you.

The thought right now of Brad Treliving, the ghost of John Tavares, and a **** ton of picks/prospects makes me sick to my stomach.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2023 à 19 h 7
Hakuna Matata

It's Pridham time I can feel it. Matthews will be extended thanks to him and then he probs gets the job

As this is Pridham time to shine and we all got to believe in the math god
19 mai 2023 à 19 h 9
Ovchinnikov 137
It's Pridham time I can feel it. Matthews will be extended thanks to him and then he probs gets the job

As this is Pridham time to shine

Kyle’s people are gone, it won’t be long
19 mai 2023 à 19 h 12
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 19 mai 2023 à 19 h 27
Kyle’s people are gone, it won’t be long

After Shanahan comments on Pridham I don't think he's going anywhere. I think he's gonna make a good impression and be the new GM

But hey if we hire Tulsky as the new GM I'm good

That duo would be legendary

Like Yzerman did with Tampa I think Dubas put the blocks in place and Pridham will do well
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2023 à 19 h 48
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever

This. Im more upset about the fashion in which they let Kyle go. Can't really get too mad about him being canned before seeing his replacement
19 mai 2023 à 20 h 2
Hakuna Matata

This. Im more upset about the fashion in which they let Kyle go. Can't really get too mad about him being canned before seeing his replacement

Yep but honestly its giving me similar vibes to when Tampa got swept and Yzerman left. Brisbois gets promoted makes these bold moves at the TDL and they won a cup

Pridham could be that guy maybe not. Could be Tulsky lets see

As sometimes change of this magnitude is good
19 mai 2023 à 20 h 13
Saskoiler for now
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,241
Sorry, this was for you.

Yah, I’d rather them retool. I don’t know if I’m ready for another rebuild, especially if it’s Treliving.
19 mai 2023 à 20 h 27
Which witch is which
Rejoint: nov. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 28
The reality is - I think this team is in trouble. It's not blowing up, it's collapsing. I think there are a great many things going on internally that are beyond even our comprehension.
Dubas is cut loose. I don;t think the reasons are for the job he did. SOmething has happened.
Spezza has resigned.
Everything looks upside down.

I fully expected that Marner would be the one traded. I am now leaning towards both Marner and Nylander. I don't want Nylander traded, hope I am wrong.
With no GM, or even a potentially knew GM, the re-signing of Mathews has just become more difficult.
This off-season is going to be crazy.
NorthernLeafsFan05 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2023 à 20 h 31
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Iggwilv
The reality is - I think this team is in trouble. It's not blowing up, it's collapsing. I think there are a great many things going on internally that are beyond even our comprehension.
Dubas is cut loose. I don;t think the reasons are for the job he did. SOmething has happened.
Spezza has resigned.
Everything looks upside down.

I fully expected that Marner would be the one traded. I am now leaning towards both Marner and Nylander. I don't want Nylander traded, hope I am wrong.
With no GM, or even a potentially knew GM, the re-signing of Mathews has just become more difficult.
This off-season is going to be crazy.

Pridham is the interm GM so Leafs have a GM rn. Matthews knows him and if there is anyone besides Dubas who can get him extended its Pridham. And I got a feeling hes gonna make some surprising moves

As this guy was the backbone of the leafs org the guy who ensured we could put a team out every night. If there is anyone to be confident in its him

If he and Dubas were gone there would have been concerns. But as we look rn unless they bring in Tulsky there really isnt someone better than Pridham available.
19 mai 2023 à 20 h 35
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Pridham is the interm GM so Leafs have a GM rn. Matthews knows him and if there is anyone besides Dubas who can get him extended its Pridham. And I got a feeling hes gonna make some surprising moves

As this guy was the backbone of the leafs org the guy who ensured we could put a team out every night. If there is anyone to be confident in its him

If he and Dubas were gone there would have been concerns. But as we look rn unless they bring in Tulsky there really isnt someone better than Pridham available.

Anyone can sit Matthews down infront of them and table him a contract. Not everyone can get him to put pen to paper. Why would a superstar like AM34 buy into a team with a terrible GM. Pridham isn't the interim yet as far as I know, and even if he is, that's not an indication of this franchise's future. The next GM is going to have to convince the stars that they have a vision for winning. I think Shanny can make the right decision for hiring a new guy even if he made the wrong one today. He has been around the league for a while. If he thinks it's wise to let Dubas go, then so be it. What I didn't like is the fashion in which they did it
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2023 à 20 h 38
Hakuna Matata
Anyone can sit Matthews down infront of them and table him a contract. Not everyone can get him to put pen to paper. Why would a superstar like AM34 buy into a team with a terrible GM. Pridham isn't the interim yet as far as I know, and even if he is, that's not an indication of this franchise's future. The next GM is going to have to convince the stars that they have a vision for winning. I think Shanny can make the right decision for hiring a new guy even if he made the wrong one today. He has been around the league for a while. If he thinks it's wise to let Dubas go, then so be it. What I didn't like is the fashion in which they did it

Familiarity will be key. Pridham should handle the Matthews negotiation and trades. Then Shanahan can decide if he still wants a new GM or if Pridham deserves the job full time.

As rn I dont see there being enough time between now and July 1st for a GM to be selected and have enough time to get A, B, and C done. Unless they going for a record breaking hiring. As to me even if you hire Tulsky its not gonna be a great situation to put him in rn unless your okay with having Matthews and Nylander extend in August and not July but the issue would come with trades as the time frame would be to short to make sound decisions.
19 mai 2023 à 20 h 41
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Familiarity will be key. Pridham should handle the Matthews negotiation and trades. Then Shanahan can decide if he still wants a new GM or if Pridham deserves the job full time.

As rn I dont see there being enough time between now and July 1st for a GM to be selected and have enough time to get A, B, and C done. Unless they going for a record breaking hiring.

No, this offseason will almost certainly be run by Pridham, Wickenheiser, Gilman, and Metcalf. Hiring a new GM and expecting them to get s*** done in that span is ridiculous. Even if someone new is brought on, we won't notice a huge difference. Really hoping it's Tulsky if we're hiring from the outside
19 mai 2023 à 20 h 42
Just Keep Swimming
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,677
Quoting: Messier99
As far as I know, there is no trade freeze during the playoffs. Or is there one for the teams still remaining?
If I remember right, there are no real trades until after the Cup is awarded.
I wonder if Shannahan would do the dirty work of trading one of the stars himself before brining in a new GM. If he is not wedded to the Top 4 that is.

There is no trade freeze ever except for union mandated days around Xmas.

Thr deadline is just about eligibility to play in the playoffs.
19 mai 2023 à 20 h 44
Hakuna Matata
No, this offseason will almost certainly be run by Pridham, Wickenheiser, Gilman, and Metcalf. Hiring a new GM and expecting them to get s*** done in that span is ridiculous. Even if someone new is brought on, we won't notice a huge difference. Really hoping it's Tulsky if we're hiring from the outside

Yep and im rooting for them all the way. Pridham to me has the potential to be someone like Brisbois was during that weird time Tampa had after the CBJ sweep. Yzerman left but set up the foundation, he comes in made some bold moves and they won b2b cups. Now that Jeannot trade was just bad but u get it

But anyways if there's anyone who can get things done with Matthews and make a calculated bold trade its Pridham. As this guy was a cap wizz so lets see what else he can do
19 mai 2023 à 20 h 44
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever

Send me back to here
Saskleaf et MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2023 à 21 h 27
Ovchinnikov 137
I didn’t realize how much of a Dubasite I was:
- the concern he showed when Tavares got hurt
- how he went to the hospital with Mikheyev
- how happy his was when TOR came back 4-1 down

Was he perfect, nope, but I’m still pretty shook. Really wanted to see him and TOR win a Cup together. His fingerprints are all over this organization.

I can get behind the, “let’s wait to will see the new hire” theme but the Leaf’s had a really really good GM and they just flushed 9 years down the drain.

This was so avoidable, have a feeling both sides will look back with a ton of regret
NorthernLeafsFan05 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage