SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Toronto Maple Leafs 2023 2024 Offseason Discussion - Now What?

19 mai 2023 à 13 h 28
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,187
Quoting: Nathaniel
Correction: If you want a guy to trade one of your young players for an equally good but older player, he's your guy. Huberdeau for Tkachuk, at the time, was seen as a wash. The big difference was Weegar. That was a weird trade and it has blown up in Calgary's face. I'd much rather promote from within or go for Tulsky

I got a feeling both guys gonna rebound with a new coach. You could tell Sutter had 0 idea how to work with guys like that. Hopefully with a new coach both rebound as we know Huberdeau was better than that.
19 mai 2023 à 13 h 29
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,983
Quoting: oneX
Maybe the offer had conditions to it? Like a major shakeup and Kyle didn't want to do that. Obviously without more information, speculation is the only thing anyone has right now.

I don't know how you guys feel about this team but MatthewsFan is right that there's just too many of the same type of player on this roster in Matthews, Marner and Nylander. A different type of player needs to be brought in and I'm not sure trading Willy accomplishes that.

With Dubas being out now, it's going to be tricky for any guy from outside the organization to come in and make these changes.

I am just afraid that anyone not named Brandon Pridham could clean house. It's hard to envision Matthews resigning under a new GM with no ties to the organization already. And if that happens, just blow it up.
oneX a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2023 à 13 h 29
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,146
Quoting: aadoyle
Lindholm + Hanafin trade ring any bells.

Also look at the draft record pretty good

Bennett, Mangiapane, Andersson, Tkachuck, Dube, Fox (traded but still good), Zary, Pellitar, Wolf (nuff said)

The only ? for him was FA signings but when we looked at Dubas at his start contracts were also an issue

The same trade where he sent off Hamilton and Fox?

Remember at the last TDL when he did nothing? He added Ritchie, Hunt, and Stetcher. He gave up a first to dump 1 year of Monahan. At best, Treliving is a lateral move. We need someone that is miles better than Dubas to justify letting him go
19 mai 2023 à 13 h 30
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: oneX
Maybe the offer had conditions to it? Like a major shakeup and Kyle didn't want to do that. Obviously without more information, speculation is the only thing anyone has right now.

I don't know how you guys feel about this team but MatthewsFan is right that there's just too many of the same type of player on this roster in Matthews, Marner and Nylander. A different type of player needs to be brought in and I'm not sure trading Willy accomplishes that.

With Dubas being out now, it's going to be tricky for any guy from outside the organization to come in and make these changes.

I dont think it had anything I honestly think Dubas was burned out so they gave him a deadline. He didnt agree so they let him go thats my best guess

As they need to start things before July 1 when the M-NTC and NTC kick in. If they want to make moves nows the time. Next week will probs be interviews and then they will probs have someone beginning of June and from there real fun begins.
19 mai 2023 à 13 h 33
Hakuna Matata
The same trade where he sent off Hamilton and Fox?

Remember at the last TDL when he did nothing? He added Ritchie, Hunt, and Stetcher. He gave up a first to dump 1 year of Monahan. At best, Treliving is a lateral move. We need someone that is miles better than Dubas to justify letting him go

I got a feeling ownership was not letting him do anything beyond that. You could see Treliving was not happy. If I was him I would have quit sooner lul.

As this was a guy who would have probs made another Toffoli like trade given the chance. As that was a good trade but Murray Edwards seems to be the next Aquillini. interfering to much. Honestly surprised he let Sutter go as he seemed to love the guy
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2023 à 13 h 35
Saskoiler for now
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,253
Well it finally happened, Dubas is gone. Obviously Keefe will be next when a new GM is hired. I’m not sure how to feel about it to be honest. I really do think Dubas was a good GM. But at the same time major change is needed and maybe starting from the top the the best idea. Obviously it also depends on who the new GM is. Pridhams probably my guess, but who knows. I honestly wouldn’t mind having it be Brad Treliving. Just as long as it’s not someone like Charelli lol
19 mai 2023 à 13 h 41
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Saskleaf
Well it finally happened, Dubas is gone. Obviously Keefe will be next when a new GM is hired. I’m not sure how to feel about it to be honest. I really do think Dubas was a good GM. But at the same time major change is needed and maybe starting from the top the the best idea. Obviously it also depends on who the new GM is. Pridhams probably my guess, but who knows. I honestly wouldn’t mind having it be Brad Treliving. Just as long as it’s not someone like Charelli lol

Eric Tuslsky be my #1 pick as that man is he backbone of the Canes org and I got a feeling MLSE can easily steal him away

Treliving would also be fine along with promoting Pridham.

Bergevin, Chirelli, no thank u
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2023 à 13 h 42
Just Keep Swimming
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,693
Lindholm + Hanafin trade ring any bells. We want a bold move for the big 4 thats a pretty good comparable

Also look at the draft record pretty good

Bennett, Mangiapane, Andersson, Tkachuck, Dube, Fox (traded but still good), Zary, Pellitar, Wolf (nuff said)

The only ? for him was FA signings but when we looked at Dubas at his start contracts were also an issue especially RFA's

You are really downplaying how bad of a GM he was including getting hosed in one of the largest trades in decades and having 2 stars force their way out.
Hey look, our stars contracts are all up soon...

He'd be horrible
NorthernLeafsFan05 a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2023 à 13 h 43
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Remember when the Blue Jays traded one of their best hitters in Teoscar Hernandez to address their pitching? The team already had Guerrero and Bichette. Almost wonder if the Leafs do something similar
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2023 à 13 h 44
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Quoting: Random2152
You are really downplaying how bad of a GM he was including getting hosed in one of the largest trades in decades and having 2 stars force their way out.
Hey look, our stars contracts are all up soon...

He'd be horrible

Instead of extending Tkachuk, he traded the guy they knew for some other dude and then extended HIM FOR MORE THAN THE GUY THEY ALREADY HAD. No thanks on Treliving.
19 mai 2023 à 13 h 52
Hakuna Matata
Instead of extending Tkachuk, he traded the guy they knew for some other dude and then extended HIM FOR MORE THAN THE GUY THEY ALREADY HAD. No thanks on Treliving.

U do realize Tkachuck wanted out right he demanded a trade. If Treliving didnt move him the return would have potentially been worse as we would have saw him skating around like PLD did with CBJ
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2023 à 13 h 56
Ovchinnikov 137
Just to pile on with the Trevliving hate

This did change with Pelletier playing late

His notable picks, Bennett (over Nylander Ehlers), Anderson Kyington, Tkachuk, Dube, Fox, Pelletier, Wolf, Poirier, Coronato,
19 mai 2023 à 13 h 58
Hakuna Matata

So that takes away many candidates

Tulsky
Pridham
etc

But then again this is just a guy going "I think"

MLSE has surprised us before. Tulsky has already been working as a GM (not in name) in Carolina for almost 3 years. Could be perfect but if they are going for experience probs Treliving as nobody better out there rn
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2023 à 14 h 16
Ovchinnikov 137

If this IS what it came down too, man
19 mai 2023 à 14 h 26
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
U do realize Tkachuck wanted out right he demanded a trade. If Treliving didnt move him the return would have potentially been worse as we would have saw him skating around like PLD did with CBJ

Treliving also refused to sign him long term off of his ELC
19 mai 2023 à 15 h 10
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
https://twitter.com/mikeystephens81/status/1659637512090923012?s=20

Wtf happened?
19 mai 2023 à 15 h 10
average joe
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 102
As far as I know, there is no trade freeze during the playoffs. Or is there one for the teams still remaining?
If I remember right, there are no real trades until after the Cup is awarded.
I wonder if Shannahan would do the dirty work of trading one of the stars himself before brining in a new GM. If he is not wedded to the Top 4 that is.
19 mai 2023 à 15 h 14
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever

This franchise just keeps finding new ways to kick us in the balls. This press conference is saddening
19 mai 2023 à 15 h 15
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever

WHAT DO YOU MEAN?!?!?!?!?
MatthewsFan et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2023 à 15 h 17
Ovchinnikov 137

WHAT DO YOU MEAN?!?!?!?!?

How do we go from a deal to “felt differently” after an email while driving home 🤦‍♂️
19 mai 2023 à 15 h 21
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
So let me get this straight:

The org had planned on Dubas returning, and now, just weeks before the most crucial offseason in years, the Leafs turn on a dime and fire Dubas because he wanted more money?? They literally just changed the entire trajectory of this franchise over salary. We haven't even began looking for new GMs and have no clear plan. Again, the draft and Free Agency are just over a month away.

I can't believe this franchise man...
19 mai 2023 à 15 h 22
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever

At this point, just promote the guy.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2023 à 15 h 25
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
I want you to imagine a scenario:

The Leafs are on a winning streak. Matthews is playing great, but then the Leafs lose a game 5 - 0. In his post game interview, Matthews says "I didn't have the best game"

Then Shannahan trades him. That's what just happened to Kyle Dubas... This team is such a joke, this decision better not blow up in our faces. I was hoping Shanny had some sort of plan, and not just some kind of gut feeling after a few personal remarks at a presser, but I guess that's too much to ask for
19 mai 2023 à 15 h 26
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
So let me get this straight:

The org had planned on Dubas returning, and now, just weeks before the most crucial offseason in years, the Leafs turn on a dime and fire Dubas because he wanted more money?? They literally just changed the entire trajectory of this franchise over salary. We haven't even began looking for new GMs and have no clear plan. Again, the draft and Free Agency are just over a month away.

I can't believe this franchise man...

Great, so it's not even money. We just changed the course of our franchise one some kind of mystical whim. Awesome
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2023 à 15 h 30
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever

Only in Toronto does media prodding result in a franchise completely changing course
MatthewsFan et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage