SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Toronto Maple Leafs 2023 2024 Offseason Discussion - Now What?

19 mai 2023 à 0 h 19
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,990
Quoting: aadoyle
Heck before he leaves a pair of Toews-Brodie would be solid

Rielly-Schenn
Toews-Brodie
McCabe-Liligren

Brodie is toast and TOR would be very wise to move on this summer. IF he comes back he needs to be playing his strong side (LD) no more RD
19 mai 2023 à 0 h 21
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,319
Modifié 19 mai 2023 à 0 h 32
Quoting: MatthewsFan
Brodie is toast and TOR would be very wise to move on this summer. IF he comes back he needs to be playing his strong side (LD) no more RD

I think this is just an overreaction to one series. He was solid all year for us and probs was battered and bruised from the Tampa series as in one of the games I remember someone took a run at him and he never felt the same. Probs what we saw in FLA series was 60% healthy Brodie. Getting him some help would be nice and Toews would be a nice start

As in the FLA series both he and McCabe not great but with a full training camp under their belts and some reinforcements things should be better. As I have no doubt when he gets healthy stable brodie will be back
Saskleaf et oneX a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2023 à 0 h 32
Ovchinnikov 137
I think this is just an overreaction to one series. He was solid all year for us and probs was battered and bruised from the Tampa series as in one of the games I remember someone took a run at him and he never felt the same. Probs what we saw in FLA series was 60% healthy Brodie. Getting him some help would be nice and Toews would be a nice start

“ Due to age, decline in play, and one year left on his contract, TJ Brodie is a reasonable trade candidate. Should he return, it is noteworthy that he struggled and only really rebounded once he was moved back to the left side (his strong side). There are defensemen across the league who can play their opposite side, but at the end of the day, it is always easier and more natural on the strong side, where a defenseman can transition the puck up ice without having to rotate their hips and pivot.

Should Brodie return, it should be a goal to get him on the left side permanently. With Morgan Rielly and Jake McCabe already locked in, that would make up the whole left side.”

I don’t think it’s an overreaction at all. There are some serious warning signs. This freakin team likes to hold onto players till the bitter end, it’s time to move on. Get younger/quicker
19 mai 2023 à 0 h 36
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 19 mai 2023 à 0 h 44

“ Due to age, decline in play, and one year left on his contract, TJ Brodie is a reasonable trade candidate. Should he return, it is noteworthy that he struggled and only really rebounded once he was moved back to the left side (his strong side). There are defensemen across the league who can play their opposite side, but at the end of the day, it is always easier and more natural on the strong side, where a defenseman can transition the puck up ice without having to rotate their hips and pivot.

Should Brodie return, it should be a goal to get him on the left side permanently. With Morgan Rielly and Jake McCabe already locked in, that would make up the whole left side.”

I don’t think it’s an overreaction at all. There are some serious warning signs. This freakin team likes to hold onto players till the bitter end, it’s time to move on. Get younger/quicker

If we listen to what people were saying all year it was he was our most stable Dman and in Tampa series looked good and where was he playing right side the majority of the time. But then he looked bad in the FLA series and all were hearing is trade trade trade

Trust me its an overreaction

He was our best defender during the season and I have no doubt hes gonna do it again as u dont suddenly go from stable to bad without a reason and I got a feeling its injury related. A summer of rest and hopefully some reinforcements to take the pressure off will do him some good.

https://twitter.com/KPapetti/status/1649561492952424448
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2023 à 0 h 38
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 19 mai 2023 à 0 h 48

Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2023 à 0 h 48
Ovchinnikov 137

LOL ok so lets back this up. Brodie and TOR played 11 games in 2023 playoffs.

TJ Brodie:
CF% 47
GF 6 GA 8
xGF% 54
GF%42

HDCF% 49
HDGF 1 HDGA 4

But yes, lets keep living in the past
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2023 à 0 h 48
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 19 mai 2023 à 0 h 59
LOL ok so lets back this up. Brodie and TOR played 11 games in 2023 playoffs.

TJ Brodie:
CF% 47
GF 6 GA 8
xGF% 54
GF%42

HDCF% 49
HDGF 1 HDGA 4

But yes, lets keep living in the past

As I said overreaction. You dont trade stability because of one bad series

Brodie was our best Dman this year and sure not a great playoffs but hes gonna bounce back as hes been stable the moment he signed with us

5 bad games is not gonna make me go yea no trade his ass. If he was bad the entire year would be going yea get rid of him but he wasnt he was the guy keeping things stable
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2023 à 0 h 59
Ovchinnikov 137

Brodie was our best Dman this year and sure not a great playoffs but hes gonna bounce back as hes been stable the moment he signed with us

5 bad games is not gonna make me go yea no trade his ass.

And that is the issue with TOR not realizing when they have a declining asset.

All good, agree to disagree
19 mai 2023 à 1 h 4
Ovchinnikov 137
Lastly, seeing Oliver Ekman-Larsson on this list at 25 lol

Can’t turn the puck over when you never carry it 🤔
19 mai 2023 à 1 h 16
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,253

5 bad games is not gonna make me go yea no trade his ass. If he was bad the entire year would be going yea get rid of him but he wasnt he was the guy keeping things stable

The thing is, smart teams identify declining players and move on accordingly. Think of the McDonagh deal, or the Fleury deal. Both got almost unanimously clowned on, but then they panned out very well.

Brodie isn't as pressing as an issue because he's only got 1 year left anyways, so BFD, but that's still 5 mil that can be used elsewhere
19 mai 2023 à 1 h 19
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 19 mai 2023 à 1 h 28
Quoting: Nathaniel
The thing is, smart teams identify declining players and move on accordingly. Think of the McDonagh deal, or the Fleury deal. Both got almost unanimously clowned on, but then they panned out very well.

Brodie isn't as pressing as an issue because he's only got 1 year left anyways, so BFD, but that's still 5 mil that can be used elsewhere

In general since the moment he signed Brodie has been a stable presence on our blue line. One bad series does not change that much. Just let him ride out his deal and be done as there is no doubt in my mind he will go back to being stable Brodie with a summer of rest and we will be going why we want to trade him again lul. As when your up there with McAvoy, Ekblad, Pesce, and other good dman in terms of fewest puck mistakes in the Dzone its a pretty good sign. As u dont decline that quick in 1month (Look what people were saying of him in April vs May lul) . Cause before the FLA series he was stable Brodie and everyone loved him then FLA series did not look good but neither did a lot of our guys lul and all we hearing is trade trade trade. As lets all agree before FLA series there was no way we would be discussing a trade involving him

And lets be honest who wouldnt want to see Toews-Brodie as the second pairing and a blue line of

Rielly-Schenn
Toews-Brodie
McCabe-Liligren
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2023 à 2 h 7
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,686

As in the FLA series both he and McCabe not great but with a full training camp under their belts and some reinforcements things should be better. As I have no doubt when he gets healthy stable brodie will be back

And what do you think will happen if the Leafs are fortunate enough to get to round 3? Brodie definitely looked like he lost a step, it's usually downhill from there.

On an unrelated note, it was hilariously shameful to see empty seats while watching the Florida/Carolina OT.
Would never happen in this town, even with a tough result.
19 mai 2023 à 2 h 12
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 19 mai 2023 à 2 h 20
Quoting: oneX
And what do you think will happen if the Leafs are fortunate enough to get to round 3? Brodie definitely looked like he lost a step, it's usually downhill from there.

On an unrelated note, it was hilariously shameful to see empty seats while watching the Florida/Carolina OT.
Would never happen in this town, even with a tough result.

He was solid the whole year but in one series didnt look great but lets be honest nobody did but Rielly and Schenn for our blue liners. I got a feeling he wasnt 100%. But based on what we saw from him before that series there is little to no concern as he was stable Brodie. But in general since the moment he signed hes been stable Brodie and 5 bad games is not a great sample to go yea hes bad trade. If we did that no hockey player would be safe lul. If Leafs go to final 4 next year Brodie and his defense will be a part of the reason they get their along with hopefully AM and whoever's around him. Hes got 1 year left and for what he does let him ride it out as trust me we move him and go hey Liligren your up RIP our sanity

I dont see it being a fortune if Leafs make the final 4 it will be them earning it through skill, good coaching, great goaltending, and playing playoff style hockey thats how you win. Lady luck can also help but if you wanting miracles then your not trying.

They got 20mill to spend so go add some scoring as lets be real thats #1 priority over moving their best Dman
19 mai 2023 à 9 h 42
Ovchinnikov 137
It’s actually nice to see Bobrovsky still playing well. Fans thinking he was just getting lucky was so frustrating.

19 mai 2023 à 11 h 44
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
It’s actually nice to see Bobrovsky still playing well. Fans thinking he was just getting lucky was so frustrating.

Champions make their own luck. Bob has really turned back the clock. Sure some of it was luck, but I hate that the rhetoric that the Leafs should go 16 - 0 through the playoffs is so popular. We got outplayed from top to bottom, it's that simple. Our team and coaching need to be better
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2023 à 11 h 48
Ovchinnikov 137
Champions make their own luck. Bob has really turned back the clock. Sure some of it was luck, but I hate that the rhetoric that the Leafs should go 16 - 0 through the playoffs is so popular. We got outplayed from top to bottom, it's that simple. Our team and coaching need to be better

Its crazy that it’s Fri and will still don’t have an answer as to what is going on with the organization. Easily the biggest offseason this team has faced in a long time and no clear cut answers as to who will make them
NorthernLeafsFan05 a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2023 à 11 h 50
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Its crazy that it’s Fri and will still don’t have an answer as to what is going on with the organization. Easily the biggest offseason this team has faced in a long time and no clear cut answers as to who will make them

The fact Shanny still hasn't done a presser worries me. There's reports that the Leafs have tabled an offer for Kyle, but he's still deliberating. Im not sure how much I believe these claims, but they make sense. I really hope he takes the offer and we can carry on with the offseason as usual. It's kind of funny that across the board, there is no urgency from the Leafs. Hope we get an answer here soon
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2023 à 11 h 58
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
The fact Shanny still hasn't done a presser worries me. There's reports that the Leafs have tabled an offer for Kyle, but he's still deliberating. Im not sure how much I believe these claims, but they make sense. I really hope he takes the offer and we can carry on with the offseason as usual. It's kind of funny that across the board, there is no urgency from the Leafs. Hope we get an answer here soon

Not what I meant
MatthewsFan et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2023 à 12 h 0
Ovchinnikov 137

Absolutely and then there is the whole Nylander not at the WC

Is a trade pending potentially, don’t want him getting hurt 🤷‍♂️

So many unknowns right now, don’t like it
NorthernLeafsFan05 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2023 à 12 h 1
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Absolutely and then there is the whole Nylander not at the WC

Is a trade pending potentially, don’t want him getting hurt 🤷‍♂️

So many unknowns right now, don’t like it

I swear to god if we are plunged back into the dark ages after 7 years of false hope I will cry
MatthewsFan et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2023 à 12 h 1
Ovchinnikov 137

Not what I meant

I don’t know why but I’m actually really surprised.
19 mai 2023 à 12 h 5
Ovchinnikov 137
I can’t believe this is how it ends. Some team will get a good one when Kyle comes back to the NHL
NorthernLeafsFan05 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2023 à 12 h 6
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
I don’t know why but I’m actually really surprised.

I hope it's someone from within. GM Pridham could make some sort of sense.

Today really sucks though. Whoever has the misfortune of stepping in has a GIGANTIC offseason ahead of them. Talk about a big opportunity
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2023 à 12 h 7
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
I hope it's someone from within. GM Pridham could make some sort of sense.

Today really sucks though. Whoever has the misfortune of stepping in has a GIGANTIC offseason ahead of them. Talk about a big opportunity

Of course there's always the pipe dream of Eric Tulsky as well, but I doubt it. I know better than to get my hopes up when it comes to the Leafs
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2023 à 12 h 8
Just Keep Swimming
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,736

Not what I meant

Collosal mistake by MLSE to not sign Dubas before now.
This complicates a Matthews contract.

I was expecting news today, but more on the coach

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage