Rooting for Vegas, for 3 reasons:
1) They beat Dallas. Always a great consolation prize to lose to a would-be cup winner.
2) Can't have a former President's Trophy winner to become a cup winner a year later, as that has been a thing as of late. I mean...
- 2018-19 TB won President's trophy, won the Cup in 2019-20
- 2019-20 was the covid year, results are invalid
- 2020-21 Colorado won the President's trophy, won the Cup in 2021-22
- 2021-22 Florida Panthers won the President's trophy, winning the Cup in 2022-23?
2022-23 Boston Bruins won the President's trophy...I can't have Boston winning the cup in 2023-24. I hate 'em
3) As a brother of a Tampa fan it wouldn't do to root for a rival team. That being said, FLA winning it would be such a joke after the regular season they had...it'd be kinda hilarious.