Forums/NHL

2022-23 NHL Season Discussion Thread #8: Vote for Jesper Bratt

8 janv. 2023 à 20 h 13
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,950
Timmins first NHL goal

Dubas traded an AHL enforcer for him and hes been fantastic for us
BigBallsBriere, Sharkie69, Saskleaf and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
8 janv. 2023 à 20 h 18
Respect Mike Grier
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,597
Quoting: aadoyle
Timmins first NHL goal

Dubas traded an AHL enforcer for him and hes been fantastic for us

Dubas Contributing to our Bedard hopes. rock on
Sharkie69 a aimé ceci.
8 janv. 2023 à 20 h 19
Respect Mike Grier
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,597
NICOLAS DESLAURIER HAS A GOAL
Sharkie69 a aimé ceci.
8 janv. 2023 à 20 h 21
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: ARMCHAIRGMOFTHEYEAR
NICOLAS DESLAURIER HAS A GOAL

Didnt he have a goal already NHL app says hes at 2
BigBallsBriere a aimé ceci.
8 janv. 2023 à 20 h 21
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: ARMCHAIRGMOFTHEYEAR
Dubas Contributing to our Bedard hopes. rock on

This is ****ing rediculous

ITS THE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AFFECT
BigBallsBriere, BuFfaLOFaN, Saskleaf and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
8 janv. 2023 à 20 h 22
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,192
flyers look depressing. gonna be upset if they get another goal this game
8 janv. 2023 à 21 h 34
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,192
Quoting: mondo
flyers look depressing. gonna be upset if they get another goal this game

alright this didn't jinx it, great!
8 janv. 2023 à 22 h 0
GM CRIME DAWG
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,695
Boston Bruins
3 Plates of Pasta!
Yum Yum Yum...
Hatty that Is in Disneyland!
BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
8 janv. 2023 à 22 h 38
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: McGruff
Boston Bruins
3 Plates of Pasta!
Yum Yum Yum...
Hatty that Is in Disneyland!

10 mill x 8 years

Signed at the TDL
Sharkie69 a aimé ceci.
8 janv. 2023 à 22 h 44
GM CRIME DAWG
10 mill x 8 years

Signed at the TDL

I'd sign him tonight.
Even flap my own crazy wings to La La Land LAX to expedite his autograph on the new deal!
8 janv. 2023 à 22 h 45
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: McGruff
I'd sign him tonight.
Even flap my own crazy wings to La La Land LAX to expedite his autograph on the new deal!

I feel they are gonna wait as they probs got to plan for k what we gonna do at the TDL and then extend him. As sometimes super early extensions make players become lazy or they turn off the jets and just cruise.
8 janv. 2023 à 22 h 49
GM CRIME DAWG
I feel they are gonna wait as they probs got to plan for k what we gonna do at the TDL and then extend him. As sometimes super early extensions make players become lazy or they turn off the jets and just cruise.

Do that in their 'room' and you'd regret it...
Thankfully, he's not that guy; never was.
8 janv. 2023 à 22 h 52
Bedard23
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,476
WE FINALLY HIT 10 WINS
capsfan2121 et Sharkie69 a aimé ceci.
9 janv. 2023 à 8 h 54
Tintin over 1122
Mentions "j'aime": 10,166
Quoting: IconicHawk
WE FINALLY HIT 10 WINS

1974 capitals in shambles
9 janv. 2023 à 9 h 42
cautious optimism
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,753
Bobcat’s Post Game Notes, Game 38

Jackets win in a shootout over the Carolina Hurricanes.

-The first half of a back-to-back. And the Canes have looked pretty strong this year. Can we please not be totally embarrassed this time? Is that not too much to ask?

-Not exactly getting off to the best of starts: Mathieu Olivier cross-checks Jesper Fast, and gets sent to the box. This isn’t good…

-We kill it off, which is good, but by the end, we’re getting outshot 8-2 after 5 minutes, which is bad. Can we get going on offense, please?

-Oh hey, a power play. Brady Skjei high-sticks Bemmer, off to the box you go.

-We don’t do anything with it. It almost seems like we’re afraid of taking shots. I don’t get it…

-Not much happens before Gavi and Max Pacioretty hook skates, and… Gavi gets a tripping minor. Methinks if Vlad took a dive, that would have been a double minor (or better, no penalty either way)…

-10 minutes of nothing later, the first period is over. This is eerily similar to last game against Washington. At what point do we fall into quicksand?

-Andrei Svechnikov cross-checks Andrew Peeke, so we go on the power play. I have no expectations…

-Kirill Marchenko wraps around Antti Raanta and shuffles it in. That kid is smooth as butter. That’s the type of play I wanna see every night.

-Not long after, Svech and Andy get into it again. This time, Svech gets bopped for high sticking. I wonder what beef those two have…

-Kent Johnson feeds Marchy one of the most gorgeous passes I’ve ever seen in the slot, and Marchy beats Raanta with a snapper. Those two are gonna be a thing for a long, long time…

-Uh oh. Max Pacioretty scores his first as a Hurricane on a deflection that Korpi doesn’t see at all. That doesn’t bode well…

-A couple of penalties for both sides (Kuraly for DoG, Jarvis for Goalie Interference) get killed off. We’re starting to slow down now. Good for our blood pressure…

-Uh oh, we got a scrum. Carson Meyer lightly shoves Antti Raanta, and Raanta channels his inner actor. Guddy and Meyer go off for roughing for us, Patches is off for the Canes. I don’t understand what Guddy did, but nonetheless we’re on the PK.

-…tie game. Goddammit. Brady Skjei scores on the power play. We’re stuck now.

-…YYYYYYEP. Patches gets another PPG for the Canes. There goes our lead.

-Third period looks a bit better. I have hope now, but I think it’s for naught. I’ve been led along too many times.

-KIRILL MARCHENKO, YOU ROCKSTAR. A GREAT SHOT FROM THE BLUE LINE GOES STRAIGHT IN TO NOTCH KIRILL THE THRILL’S FIRST CAREER HAT TRICK. TIE GAME. STUNT ON THESE HOES.

-Both teams put up a good defensive fight, not giving up an inch either way. One penalty gets killed off in the process. WE’RE OFF TO OVERTIME.

-Five uninterrupted minutes of overtime give us no goals. Off to a shootout we go!

-I think the Hurricanes have to be the only team that starts the shootout with a defenseman. I would think they’d start with Svechnikov or Teravainen, but no, Brent Burns opens the shootout for Carolina. Interesting.

-Kirill Marchenko scores a fourth goal, but it doesn’t count because it’s in the shootout. I love this kid.

-A short scare towards the end, but in the end, Korpi stands tall and gets us the dub!

I wish we played like this all the time.
Sharkie69 et Tintin a aimé ceci.
9 janv. 2023 à 10 h 19
Tintin over 1122
Delete
9 janv. 2023 à 10 h 47
I make typos
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,991
Modifié 9 janv. 2023 à 10 h 57
Quoting: MatthewsFan
It’s utterly ridiculous they’ve missed the playoffs 3 times with McDavid and Draisaitl on the roster and are in serious trouble with possible missing out this year.

it is utterly ridiculous that they leafs have lost in the first round like how many years now.

your saying this as if the leafs have been had been dominating the league well they have had their core
9 janv. 2023 à 11 h 5
Tintin over 1122
@Bobcat205

Thoughts on yesterdays game
9 janv. 2023 à 12 h 16
cautious optimism
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,753
Quoting: capsfan2121
Bobcat205

Thoughts on yesterdays game

Bobcat's Post Game Notes, Game 39

Jackets lose, 1-0 to the Washington Capitals.

-Didn't exactly start out the best: Erik Gustafsson scores on a weird bounce.

-Gavin Bayreuther and Garnet Hathaway fought. I thought that was cool, although Gavin lost.

-I legit fell asleep during this game. It was SO boring.

-Elvis looked pretty solid past the hiccup 3 minutes in. Perhaps this is the beginning of a turnaround.

-We should be proud of how we did for this back-to-back. First beating Carolina in a shootout, and then keeping pace with the Caps? I wish we'd play like this all the time.

I apologize for the length. It's just that this was such a blur.
Sharkie69, capsfan2121 et zk97 a aimé ceci.
9 janv. 2023 à 12 h 20
Tintin over 1122
Quoting: Bobcat205
Bobcat's Post Game Notes, Game 39

Jackets lose, 1-0 to the Washington Capitals.

-Didn't exactly start out the best: Erik Gustafsson scores on a weird bounce.

-Gavin Bayreuther and Garnet Hathaway fought. I thought that was cool, although Gavin lost.

-I legit fell asleep during this game. It was SO boring.

-Elvis looked pretty solid past the hiccup 3 minutes in. Perhaps this is the beginning of a turnaround.

-We should be proud of how we did for this back-to-back. First beating Carolina in a shootout, and then keeping pace with the Caps? I wish we'd play like this all the time.

I apologize for the length. It's just that this was such a blur.

Like legit nothing happened after the first. Mojo hit the pipe. And Elvis robbed someone in the spilts. And that’s all I can remember from this game. And Wilson declining a fight for the first time in his career. We have a changed man. But yeah. nothing happened.
9 janv. 2023 à 12 h 55
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,982
Quoting: oilersguy
it is utterly ridiculous that they leafs have lost in the first round like how many years now.

your saying this as if the leafs have been had been dominating the league well they have had their core

Matthews/Marner Reg season win % .641

Mathews/Marner Playoffs 16-23
Made the playoffs every year

McDavid/Draisaitl Reg season win % .553

McDavid/Draisaitl playoffs 16-21
Missed playoffs 3 times

But sure, enjoy that run last year
Saskleaf et aadoyle a aimé ceci.
9 janv. 2023 à 13 h 58
Ban Price trades
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,455
Something tells me that despite the lack of first-round success, Marner, Matthews, and the entire Maple Leafs core wake up each morning rather content to remain in Toronto. Their GM is actively addressing problems.

I cannot in good faith say the same thing about Draisaitl and McDavid.

Regular season points percentage isn't an end-all-be-all metric of who wins Stanley each year but it is a damn good indicator of where your team needs to be in order to think yourself a legitimate contender. If the Mendoza line is hovering around 95 points this season, teams that are looking at sub-.579 points-percentages are not making the playoffs. The Edmonton Oilers fall below that line at their exact midpoint in the season. Having looked at the regular season records of all cup winners since the 2004 NHL lockout, ONE team has made the playoffs from that 8th place seed and ONE team has won the cup after being in the basement of the league. Those are statistical anomalies and not something anyone sane in the mind should be expecting. The mentality of "just get in baby" does not hold air in this league anymore. There are actually good teams atop the upper echelons of the NHL standings now and a team like the Edmonton Oilers is not built to gut out a 2-1 win in the postseason.

There are two teams at or above .500 that I think the Oilers could beat without a doubt in a seven-game series and if the high water mark is that the year-8 McDavid Oilers can routinely beat the Red Wings and Senators then the club has failed and nobody in that organization should be employed in the NHL a day longer.

I would kill to have the issues the Leafs do. The second that club makes it into the second round, they'll win it all.
A_Habs_fan, Saskleaf, capsfan2121 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
9 janv. 2023 à 14 h 0
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 9 janv. 2023 à 14 h 7
Does Tarasenko to the NYI make sense

As I look at what hes doing and how STL are struggling an im like hmmmm

Other teams will have interest but I just see him fitting well with the NYI

As he would give them another double digit scoring wing besides Parise and Lee
9 janv. 2023 à 14 h 14
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,191
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
Something tells me that despite the lack of first-round success, Marner, Matthews, and the entire Maple Leafs core wake up each morning rather content to remain in Toronto. Their GM is actively addressing problems.

I cannot in good faith say the same thing about Draisaitl and McDavid.

Regular season points percentage isn't an end-all-be-all metric of who wins Stanley each year but it is a damn good indicator of where your team needs to be in order to think yourself a legitimate contender. If the Mendoza line is hovering around 95 points this season, teams that are looking at sub-.579 points-percentages are not making the playoffs. The Edmonton Oilers fall below that line at their exact midpoint in the season. Having looked at the regular season records of all cup winners since the 2004 NHL lockout, ONE team has made the playoffs from that 8th place seed and ONE team has won the cup after being in the basement of the league. Those are statistical anomalies and not something anyone sane in the mind should be expecting. The mentality of "just get in baby" does not hold air in this league anymore. There are actually good teams atop the upper echelons of the NHL standings now and a team like the Edmonton Oilers is not built to gut out a 2-1 win in the postseason.

There are two teams at or above .500 that I think the Oilers could beat without a doubt in a seven-game series and if the high water mark is that the year-8 McDavid Oilers can routinely beat the Red Wings and Senators then the club has failed and nobody in that organization should be employed in the NHL a day longer.

I would kill to have the issues the Leafs do. The second that club makes it into the second round, they'll win it all.

Context is key for the losses to me. I don’t like to make excuses, but when you think about it most of the loses weren’t bad.

The first 2 losses (Washington and Boston #1) were perfectly fine as it was still a young and up and coming team. In fact it was impressive that they did well in those series.

Boston #2 and Tampa were both against teams who lost in the finals. No shame losing to teams like that. If they played easier teams those years they would have won.

The Columbus series was in the Covid bubble and can be excused. Hard to blame them for losing after taking a few month off of hockey.

The only one that was a true choke and really pathetic is the Montreal loss. Every other loss was justifiable.

They are going to win eventually.
aadoyle a aimé ceci.
9 janv. 2023 à 14 h 22
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 9 janv. 2023 à 14 h 47
Quoting: Saskleaf
Context is key for the losses to me. I don’t like to make excuses, but when you think about it most of the loses weren’t bad.

The first 2 losses (Washington and Boston #1) were perfectly fine as it was still a young and up and coming team. In fact it was impressive that they did well in those series.

Boston #2 and Tampa were both against teams who lost in the finals. No shame losing to teams like that. If they played easier teams those years they would have won.

The Columbus series was in the Covid bubble and can be excused. Hard to blame them for losing after taking a few month off of hockey.

The only one that was a true choke and really pathetic is the Montreal loss. Every other loss was justifiable.

They are going to win eventually.

The fact is in most of the series

Bos vs Tor Round 2 and Tampa vs. Tor they gave both teams their biggest headache as look at Tampa's run last year

Next to the Avs we gave em the biggest headache lul. They swept Florida. Didnt even lose to em

If they play like they did last series but get better goaltending man 2nd, 3rd finals aint out of the question. As that was a thing in that series that bit them. Campbell was good but he did have an under 0.900sv. But man what I would have gave to have the Kings in the first round. Like of all round 1 opponents arguably the easiest

Anyways we still dont know for sure who we got and whats the plan for the TDL so im just gonna sit back and watch.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage