SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-2022 NHL Offseason Discussion Thread #6 - Alex DeBrincat is an Ottawa Senator

12 juill. 2022 à 17 h 48
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,259
Quoting: Devil
Talbot is also much better than Murray in the past 3 years and $1M cheaper

Talbot was also on a better team remember that
12 juill. 2022 à 17 h 48
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,969
Quoting: aadoyle
I would have thought they would go with Forsberg/Gustavsson till 2023 when Ned would become available

Ned? As in Nedeljkovic? Why would we want him lol. Sogaard is our goalie of the future, who will eventually kick one of them out (Gustavsson had the chance to outplay Forsberg, because Forsberg's expectation is just to be league average, Gustavsson's upside is higher, but he had a bad year last year).
Gustavvsson to Minnesota

Is that confirmed? Twitter is dumb and wants me to make an account. Like, no. I don't want to join your sh*thole website lol
csick et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
12 juill. 2022 à 17 h 48
KFTW
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 25,223
Got to be one of the weirdest trades I have seen

Guiren is a weird GM

Goes from

"I dont got to do ****"

To trading Talbot for a intriguing young backup with some upside

Is it a 1 for 1 or picks involved?

Talbot doesn’t want to split the net with fleury . Gus is clearly backup now and a cheap one. Ottawa gets a tandem goalie but Talbot will likely be the #1
Alfie11 a aimé ceci.
12 juill. 2022 à 17 h 49
KFTW
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 25,223
Quoting: Alfie11
Ned? As in Nedeljkovic? Why would we want him lol. Sogaard is our goalie of the future, who will eventually kick one of them out (Gustavsson had the chance to outplay Forsberg, because Forsberg's expectation is just to be league average, Gustavsson's upside is higher, but he had a bad year last year).

Is that confirmed? Twitter is dumb and wants me to make an account. Like, no. I don't want to join your sh*thole website lol

1 for 1 Gus for Talbot
Alfie11 a aimé ceci.
12 juill. 2022 à 17 h 49
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,442

Yes
Alfie11 a aimé ceci.
12 juill. 2022 à 17 h 49
Hakuna Matata
Talbot is also much better than Murray in the past 3 years and $1M cheaper

Talbot was also on better teams remember that

This could either turn out great or Talbot struggles again like he did at times last season.
12 juill. 2022 à 17 h 50
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: csick
Talbot doesn’t want to split the net with fleury . Gus is clearly backup now and a cheap one. Ottawa gets a tandem goalie but Talbot will likely be the #1

The way it was sounding from the GM at the draft was he didnt give a **** about that lul

Guess he saw a flashy forward in FA and decided to dump money fast
csick a aimé ceci.
12 juill. 2022 à 17 h 50
Speak of the Devil
Talbot was also on a better team remember that

That means he would have done good on the Leafs as well
Murray fell off
csick a aimé ceci.
12 juill. 2022 à 17 h 51
Hakuna Matata
That means he would have done good on the Leafs as well
Murray fell off

Murray still has potential to rebound hes only 28 after all

Remember before his injury he had a 0.920 in 18 games with the sens
12 juill. 2022 à 17 h 52
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Tintin
You do realize the 4.7m (poorly) spent on MM is an asset a strapped-for-cap GM should value a lot higher than a 3rd, a 7th and a VERY questionable goaltender?

Spend 1.18 mill more get a 3rd and a 7th and if all goes well a guy who can play 40 games. Dont know about you but that seems fine. Also Murray is much younger than Talbot.

This about sums it up best

https://twitter.com/KPapetti/status/1546608155030945793
12 juill. 2022 à 17 h 52
Speak of the Devil
Murray still has potential to rebound hes only 28 after all

Remember before his injury he had a 0.920 in 18 games with the sens

He also has the potential to be a diaster
If Talbot flops, oh well he's a UFA. If Murray flops, he's still under contract for another year
The Matt Murray trade was bad for the Leafs you can't deny that with all of the other goalie news going on
12 juill. 2022 à 17 h 55
Hakuna Matata
He also has the potential to be a diaster
If Talbot flops, oh well he's a UFA. If Murray flops, he's still under contract for another year
The Matt Murray trade was bad for the Leafs you can't deny that with all of the other goalie news going on

If Murray rebounds or has a 0.910 SV the deal really aint bad

It all comes down to health and with our med staff's work in the past can see him playing 40 games this year as long as Zaitsev doesnt crash into him again

As we have seen goalies struggling on one team thrive with another and vice versa
12 juill. 2022 à 17 h 56
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: csick
1 for 1 Gus for Talbot

I'm not going to sit here and pretend I like trading a decent young goalie for a rental, but I can respect it for a few reasons.
- Gustavsson was bad last year. He was good in 20-21, and atrocious last season, and is now 24. I think the organization expected him to at least be a solid tandem goalie by this point, and this didn't happen. Decent chance he bounces back, but it seems like (unfortunately, because I like him and he's shown flashes) the organization is very low on him now.
- Sogaard looked solid in the AHL last year, and projects to dominate there this season, and be ready to fight for an NHL job by the start of next season. Ideally he fights for some starts this season and looks like he belongs.
- Talbot being a rental frees up a spot for Sogaard in 23-24, without getting rid of a proven solid tandem goalie in Forsberg.
- Talbot + Forsberg will be a legitimate solid tandem next year. We should go from terrible goaltending overall to at least league average goaltending next season. Clearly the team is trying to be good next year.
- Talbot's fairly cheap. He makes less than the cap hit of Murray on Toronto lol, and his total salary is only 3mil (less than his cap hit), so the organization isn't out that much in real dollars either, which should hopefully still have enough in the budget to upgrade RD and maybe get Giroux

Overall a solid trade. Minnesota gets a cheaper backup with upside, basically to replace Kahkonen, that Fleury can tutor and hopefully turn into a solid goalie over the next two years. Cheaper is important, because they have no cap room. Ottawa gets the better goalie now, but for shorter term, which isn't terrible because we have a high end prospect on the way.
csick et yikes a aimé ceci.
12 juill. 2022 à 17 h 56
Thank you Pavelski
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,489
Quoting: DucharmetheDOMinator
TampaBayLightning22

Petry isn't waiving for Winnipeg, right?

Ain't that guy banned
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
12 juill. 2022 à 17 h 57
Démarrer sujet
Oh and regardless: DORION MASTERCLASS LMAO HE TURNED MURRAY INTO TALBOT AND IT ONLY COST HIM A 3RD AND A (NOW MEH) GOALIE WHO HASN'T PROVEN ANYTHING
csick, yikes et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
12 juill. 2022 à 18 h 1
Speak of the Devil
If Murray rebounds or has a 0.910 SV the deal really aint bad

It all comes down to health and with our med staff's work in the past can see him playing 40 games this year as long as Zaitsev doesnt crash into him again

As we have seen goalies struggling on one team thrive with another and vice versa

Thats IF he rebounds. If he doesn't, Leafs would have to give up a pick and dump him (he still has M-NTC)

Talbot is the safer option, cheaper option, and better option.

I know you're a Leafs fan but you can't deny that Dubas messed up
12 juill. 2022 à 18 h 2
Thank you Pavelski
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,489
Don’t forget Kirill Kirsanov. LA is stacked

Impostor Jack Hughes, Kirill Kirsanov, Alexis Laferriere, Andre Lee.

Los Angeles Impostors is a thing
Alfie11, zk97, EsoYeezus69 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
12 juill. 2022 à 18 h 3
Hakuna Matata
Thats IF he rebounds. If he doesn't, Leafs would have to give up a pick and dump him (he still has M-NTC)

Talbot is the safer option, cheaper option, and better option.

I know you're a Leafs fan but you can't deny that Dubas messed up

I mean it costed them 13 spots to get out of Mrazek for 2 years and Chicago aint getting any better. Knowing 1 year dump trades a 2nd is what it would cost these days so if we have to go down that road so be it.

But in the end we cant say a GM messed up until the season commences. Were already giving up on the guy without letting him show what hes got. If Murray plays like he did this year in Ottawa and Dubas gets Reimer, Allen, Samsonov to back him up Leafs are set. As remember they achieved 115 points with sup 900 goaltending for 4 months

If Dubas let Campbell go and brought in Talbot it would have made 0 difference to the fanbase they would have been pissed. And then in 2023 we would have to go goalie hunting again and the market once again aint great.
12 juill. 2022 à 18 h 6
Démarrer sujet
I mean it costed them 13 spots to get out of Mrazek for 2 years and Chicago aint getting any better. Knowing 1 year dump trades a 2nd is what it would cost these days so if we have to go down that road so be it.

But in the end we cant say a GM messed up until the season commences. Were already giving up on the guy without letting him show what hes got. If Murray plays like he did this year in Ottawa and Dubas gets Reimer, Allen, Samsonov to back him up Leafs are set. As remember they achieved 115 points with sup 900 goaltending for 4 months

If Dubas let Campbell go and brought in Talbot it would have made 0 difference to the fanbase

Talbot has a more recent track record of being at least decent than Murray. Murray has been actively bad for years. Sens fans have been waiting 2 years for him to regain his form, and it never happened. At the end of the day he didn’t make enough saves to win us a hockey game most nights.
12 juill. 2022 à 18 h 8
Hakuna Matata
Talbot has a more recent track record of being at least decent than Murray. Murray has been actively bad for years. Sens fans have been waiting 2 years for him to regain his form, and it never happened. At the end of the day he didn’t make enough saves to win us a hockey game most nights.

Well he looked like he was gonna this year then he got crashed into and suffered a concussion

If it wasnt for that potentially Murray woud have ended with a 0.915 sv and stuck around with them as the tandem guy with Forsberg.
12 juill. 2022 à 18 h 9
retired
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,761
by all means take the risk on murray but why go for picks instead of more retention. that's where dubas takes a big l
MatthewsFan et pinslack a aimé ceci.
12 juill. 2022 à 18 h 12
Démarrer sujet
Well he looked like he was gonna this year then he got crashed into and suffered a concussion

But man for 2 months Murray really looked like he was coming back than Zaitsev ruined it

He won 5 games. At the end of the day you need to make enough saves to get the win. Forsberg had a 22-17-4 record. Murray was 5-12-2. It doesn’t really matter if you make 40/44 saves and lose 4-3, you need the goalie that’s gonna give you 42/44 in that game y’know?
12 juill. 2022 à 18 h 12
CELEBRINI IS A SHARK
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,920
First glance; I don’t like it for Ottawa.
Second glance, I like it.

Gus isn’t going to be a starter for 3 years I think but I think Gus has fallen from his high expectations and see him as a 1B at most in his prime. This is big for Ottawa as Forsberg Talbot could take the Sens to a wildcard.
Alfie11 a aimé ceci.
12 juill. 2022 à 18 h 13
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,985
Quoting: DirtyDangle
by all means take the risk on murray but why go for picks instead of more retention. that's where dubas takes a big l

Look at us finding common ground
Tintin a aimé ceci.
12 juill. 2022 à 18 h 13
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: DirtyDangle

Because Ott has an internal cap and probs didnt want to spend more for outside money.

Apparently from what I have heard both teams tried to bring in a third team for extra retention but nobody wanted to ret without a big prospect going the other way

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage