SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-2022 NHL Season Discussion Thread #32 - DALLAS VS VEGAS - This is the endgame..

1 mai 2022 à 15 h 4
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6,514
Quoting: Tintin
Cooley's been excellent this game, love that guy.

Quoting: csick
Hot take:
Cooley > Wright

I would definitely look at that for a long time if I was the GM with first overall. Reminds me of Zegras vs someone like Lafrenière or Dach. Player who shows high skill and burst or the man who is abusing players his age?
csick et MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
1 mai 2022 à 15 h 4
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,530
Huge upset. SWE wins.
BuFfaLOFaN et Juiceman a aimé ceci.
1 mai 2022 à 15 h 5
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6,514
Quoting: Devil
I was naming my bracket and it didn't let me use 'Devil' because it includes "profanity"

Do they know they have a team called devils?
Devil a aimé ceci.
1 mai 2022 à 15 h 7
Thank you Pavelski
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,489
Lmao Howard getting suspended 5 seconds before the game is over
Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
1 mai 2022 à 15 h 8
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,215
Everyone on ESPN and stuff picking Boston, think I’m just gonna have to accept that a small market team like Carolina will never receive national recognition no matter how good they are.
1 mai 2022 à 15 h 9
KFTW
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 25,199
Quoting: justaBoss
Lmao Howard getting suspended 5 seconds before the game is over

Sounds like a Sens pick lmao . The penalty squad . Greig still has to serve a 1 game suspension
justaBoss a aimé ceci.
1 mai 2022 à 15 h 9
Thank you Pavelski
US goalie having the SV% of below .65% in the final isn't exactly ideal.
csick, Juiceman et EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
1 mai 2022 à 15 h 13
Thank you Pavelski
A team needing RHD and goalie could draft those Hävelid twins one after another similar to Sedins.

Should be possible in the second round, if someone has two consecutive picks.
1 mai 2022 à 15 h 14
do not Devil my ass
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,296
Amazing game, heroic display from the Swedes against a fantastic US team. Feeling that the US talent was augmented by the bigger ice as they had no issues in entering the o-zone, keeping possession and generating shots.
On the flipside, the bigger surface probably hurt the Americans in not realizing how much space there is to defend whenever the puck is turned over.
Also probably has a huge impact when defending on the PK, there's just so much space you're not gonna be familiar with having to defend. I think that may have been decisive in the end.
On a smaller surface this game probably goes to OT, at least.
1 mai 2022 à 15 h 16
do not Devil my ass
I'm predicting 5th overall.

Sounds like a Devils pick to me. They like their Swedes.

idk. I wouldn't want the Devils to draft him at 5th ova.
Would prefer whomever of Slaf, Nemec, Cooley or Jiricek available at 5.
If the Devils were to trade back a few spots however...
1 mai 2022 à 15 h 16
1st Round Playoff Predictions:

FLA vs. WASH: FLA 4-1

CAR vs. BOS: BOS 4-3

TOR vs. TBL: TBL 4-3

NYR vs. PIT: PIT 4-3

COL vs. NSH: COL 4-0

CGY vs. DAL: CGY 4-2

MIN vs. STL: STL 4-2

EDM vs. LAK: EDM 4-1

2/6 best teams (imo) league-wide will get bounced inn the 1st round, regardless of who wins: Bolts/Leafs & Blues/Wild
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
1 mai 2022 à 15 h 17
US goalie having the SV% of below .65% in the final isn't exactly ideal.

future NJD Goalie
Tintin et Juiceman a aimé ceci.
1 mai 2022 à 15 h 17
SHL NJD GM
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,487
Ostlund will be a 10-15 pick , late riser and Ohgren somehwere in the 15-20 range

I have Ohgren over Ostlund, Ostlund’s amazing but his ceiling’s lower than most around him imo, if he can get a bit stronger and improve his shot though, Ostlund will become an even better force
csick a aimé ceci.
1 mai 2022 à 15 h 19
Quoting: Canesfan21_
Everyone on ESPN and stuff picking Boston, think I’m just gonna have to accept that a small market team like Carolina will never receive national recognition no matter how good they are.

I picked BOS, too. I love the Canes and I've watched them a ton this season, including 3 times in-person. People are very concerned about their goaltending situation. IMO, it's a coin-flip.
Canesfan21_ a aimé ceci.
1 mai 2022 à 15 h 20
do not Devil my ass
All-star team:

🇨🇿 Jiří Kulich
🇸🇪 Jonathan Lekkerimaki
🇺🇸 Logan Cooley

🇨🇿 Tomáš Hamara
🇺🇸 Lane Hutson

🇸🇪 Hugo Havelid

MVP:
🇨🇿 Jiří Kulich
MatthewsFan, csick et EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
1 mai 2022 à 15 h 23
KFTW
Quoting: Tintin
All-star team:

🇨🇿 Jiří Kulich
🇸🇪 Jonathan Lekkerimaki
🇺🇸 Logan Cooley

🇨🇿 Tomáš Hamara
🇺🇸 Lane Hutson

🇸🇪 Hugo Havelid

MVP:
🇨🇿 Jiří Kulich

Logan Cooley is so good and Lekkerimaki will be a top 7 pick imo.
BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
1 mai 2022 à 15 h 26
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,985

Improving your stocks are the U-18’s, blasphemy.

I was also very impressed with Kasper Kulonummi.

Should the Leafs keep their 1st, I’d be targeting Kulich or Odelius. Very high on both players
BuFfaLOFaN et KSIxSKULLS a aimé ceci.
1 mai 2022 à 15 h 47
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,322
Quoting: MatthewsFan

Improving your stocks are the U-18’s, blasphemy.

I was also very impressed with Kasper Kulonummi.

Should the Leafs keep their 1st, I’d be targeting Kulich or Odelius. Very high on both players

Most people think the U-20 shouldn't change your draft stock... I can't even imagine thinking the U18's would too. Crazy
1 mai 2022 à 15 h 54
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,946
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
The all-star team and Norris was very similar, that was what I remembered about his lol. Mostly hedman and makar over josi

When I saw his all-star team, I got a bit confused too lol. They're so similar.
csick et BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
1 mai 2022 à 16 h 1
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,985
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Most people think the U-20 shouldn't change your draft stock... I can't even imagine thinking the U18's would too. Crazy

I think we are on different wave lengths, I do believe there are some guys who impressed with their play and will move up or (Kulich) into the 1st round.
1 mai 2022 à 16 h 1
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,969
Quoting: PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188
LOL-any hockey fan who lives in downtown Toronto and was bored tonight I feel for you tears of joy

Someone said “I can’t play hockey but I can come track your microstats” LOL
A_Habs_fan, capsfan2121, Saskleaf and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
1 mai 2022 à 16 h 1
Quoting: SevenLeg

UFA class is taking shape

All of this makes sense, none of those players are good. Tierney would be lucky to get a PTO. Mete will probably get signed to be an 8th D by a team that wants waiver wire protection, I can’t see anybody signing him to use regularly. Ennis is okay, and might get a shot as a depth player somewhere, but he wasn’t as good as he was last year, and if the Sens are healthy he won’t have a spot (top line, Stutzle, Formenton, C. Brown, Pinto, White, and Joseph will be our top 9 in some combination if we make no additions. 4th line will probably be Kelly-Kastelic-Watson and guys like Greig and Sokolov could push for spots too, so there’s really no spot for Ennis).
Quoting: A_Habs_fan

Did no team get the memo on why Q was fired? At least he has to go to Bettman for reinstatement before being able to coach I guess…

Can we normalize not getting immediately re-hired after covering up a sexual assault scandal? Seems like the bare minimum that the NHL can’t reach, as usual.
Dorion saying he would trade the 7th overall or 8th overall for immediate help does scare me. Garland, Konecny , Boeser etc are not worth a top 8 pick. Fiala would be fine but his next contract will be scary and too expensive

I wouldn’t hate trading it for Fiala. For anyone else though, we better be getting something back, preferably like a later 1st. Although I’d probably just draft Kemell or Lekkerimaki or Savoie at that point.
Hot take:
Cooley > Wright

I think that’s a pretty hot take. He might be slightly more skilled, but Wright has the better shot and better all around game, as well as pretty much the same level of skill. I think Wright will end up as a good 1C, and Cooley will be a low-end 1C who you would kill to have as your 2C. Like Wright could be Tavares (good at everything, 40 goal upside, responsible, consistent 1C for a long time), Cooley could be a mix of Scheifele and Couturier (really good centre for a long time but not a top 15 centre, should be able to put up 70-80 points consistently, not elite nor terrible defensively).
1 mai 2022 à 16 h 9
SHL NJD GM
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,487

Imo, the u-18’s is more for getting your name out there, whether it’s as a future prospect or making sure people know you for this draft, if you’re draft eligible and at the u-18’s, you’re (usually) supposed to be much better than your peers so a good performance is expected, however, the WJC definitely can change stock imo, then you’re playing against guys who are older than you and harder competition
1 mai 2022 à 16 h 12
KFTW
Quoting: Alfie11
All of this makes sense, none of those players are good. Tierney would be lucky to get a PTO. Mete will probably get signed to be an 8th D by a team that wants waiver wire protection, I can’t see anybody signing him to use regularly. Ennis is okay, and might get a shot as a depth player somewhere, but he wasn’t as good as he was last year, and if the Sens are healthy he won’t have a spot (top line, Stutzle, Formenton, C. Brown, Pinto, White, and Joseph will be our top 9 in some combination if we make no additions. 4th line will probably be Kelly-Kastelic-Watson and guys like Greig and Sokolov could push for spots too, so there’s really no spot for Ennis).

Can we normalize not getting immediately re-hired after covering up a sexual assault scandal? Seems like the bare minimum that the NHL can’t reach, as usual.

I wouldn’t hate trading it for Fiala. For anyone else though, we better be getting something back, preferably like a later 1st. Although I’d probably just draft Kemell or Lekkerimaki or Savoie at that point.

I think that’s a pretty hot take. He might be slightly more skilled, but Wright has the better shot and better all around game, as well as pretty much the same level of skill. I think Wright will end up as a good 1C, and Cooley will be a low-end 1C who you would kill to have as your 2C. Like Wright could be Tavares (good at everything, 40 goal upside, responsible, consistent 1C for a long time), Cooley could be a mix of Scheifele and Couturier (really good centre for a long time but not a top 15 centre, should be able to put up 70-80 points consistently, not elite nor terrible defensively).

Makes sense for Fiala but his next contract can’t be afford past 2 years from now. I’d rather take Jiricek, Savoie, Kemell or Lekkerimaki
Alfie11 a aimé ceci.
1 mai 2022 à 16 h 15

The U-18s are a little different, especially for Europeans playing in top pro leagues (or alternatively, in leagues that typically aren’t development leagues), because they’re one of the few chances you get to see these players play against their peers. For example, Kemell has been playing in Liiga all year. He had a crazy hot start and a very cold second half. This tournament was a big measuring stick for him, to prove he is elite among his peers and all the good things he showed in the 1st half are still there. He responded with 6 goals and 8 points in 5 games while wearing an A, so he’s likely solidified his draft stock. Last year, Klimovich was playing in the Belarusian 2nd league, which has literally never produced an NHL player, but he had a crazy good U18s for Belarus and wound up getting selected by Vancouver in the 2nd round. Olen Zellweger also jumped up in the draft thanks to a strong U18s for Canada last year, going to Anaheim in the early 2nd when I believe he was projected as a 3rd rounder prior to that, which was a really helpful tournament for showcasing his abilities due to COVID shortening the WHL season. Overall the U18s are probably the most influential on draft rankings of any tournament (you could argue for good reason, or argue that the sample size is too small, but I would say it’s at the very least a fact given how some teams draft).

Edit: It’s also the last major tournament for draft eligible prospects prior to the draft, so recency bias is a heavy factor.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage