SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-2022 NHL Season Discussion Thread #32 - DALLAS VS VEGAS - This is the endgame..

30 avr. 2022 à 12 h 41
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,928
Quoting: Saskleaf
You think the leafs are the favourites? I don’t think I agree there.

I think its silly to look at what they've done this year and think otherwise. Vegas odds have Leafs ahead too.
Top 6. Adv Leafs.
Bottom 6. About even.
D. Bolts but it's closer than you think.
Special Team. Leafs by a mile. PK is a legit scoring threat.
Goal Tending. Vasy.
Throw is home ice and it's really the Leafs series to lose.

But the Leafs being favourites is just going to make it that more satisfying when the Bolts win in 7 :-D
Cya Monday.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
30 avr. 2022 à 12 h 42
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,928
Quoting: Canesfan21_
Am I the only one that’s slightly bothered by the fact that there’s 1 more regular season game a day before the playoffs start, between 2 non playoff teams?

They played regular season games during the playoffs last year. This is an improvement.
30 avr. 2022 à 12 h 44
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,044
Modifié 30 avr. 2022 à 12 h 49
My first round predictions

East

Carolina Hurricanes vs Boston Bruins - Canes in 5

Tampa Bay Lightning Vs Toronto Maple Leafs - Lightning in 6

New York Rangers vs Pittsburgh Penguins - Rangers in 6

Florida Panthers vs Washington Capitals - Panthers sweep

West

Minnesota Wild Vs St. Louis Blues - Wild in 7 (most excited about this one)

Edmonton Oilers Vs Los Angeles Kings - Oilers in 6 just can’t see LA keeping up with EDM firepower

Colorado Avalanche Vs Nashville Predators - Avs in 5

Calgary Flames Vs Dallas Stars - Flames in 5 Sorry but Dallas doesn’t stand a chance unless J Rob goes superhuman
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
30 avr. 2022 à 12 h 45
Tintin over 1122
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 10,168
Capitals aren’t getting swept. They will win in 7
Canesfan21_ a aimé ceci.
30 avr. 2022 à 12 h 46
Mentions "j'aime": 3,044
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Lol Lou, can't wait to see Chara-Greene, Jack Johnson-Brendan Smith, Pelech-Pulock with Dobson as 7th D

Lol I’m sure Trotz would love Smitty
30 avr. 2022 à 13 h 7
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,105
Code for he is signing with Vancouver

capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
30 avr. 2022 à 13 h 9
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,299

Perfectly sums up the season
capsfan2121, Devil, BuFfaLOFaN and 2 others a aimé ceci.
30 avr. 2022 à 13 h 10
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,407
Am I the only one that’s slightly bothered by the fact that there’s 1 more regular season game a day before the playoffs start, between 2 non playoff teams?

It wasn’t supposed to be there but there was that blizzard that postponed the game, kinda sucks but who cares
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
30 avr. 2022 à 13 h 11
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,407
Quoting: capsfan2121
Capitals aren’t getting swept. They will win in 7

Lol, they’re playing Florida, Florida’s offense and goaltending is clear cut better, defense too
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
30 avr. 2022 à 13 h 13
Tintin over 1122
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Lol, they’re playing Florida, Florida’s offense and goaltending is clear cut better, defense too

True but people never realize how good we are when we are at the top of our game. That’s what I’m going off of. We competed with them in the reg season. Sammy could be really shut down when he is on point.
30 avr. 2022 à 13 h 14
Tintin over 1122
Quoting: Db1899

Lol
Db1899 a aimé ceci.
30 avr. 2022 à 13 h 16
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,298
Quoting: Rangsey
I think its silly to look at what they've done this year and think otherwise. Vegas odds have Leafs ahead too.
Top 6. Adv Leafs.
Bottom 6. About even.
Goal Tending. Vasy.

But the Leafs being favourites is just going to make it that more satisfying when the Bolts win in 7 :-D
Cya Monday.

Leafs special teams have fallen off hard over the last couple months of the season while Tampa's PP has been surging, and Vasy is a huge x-factor playing the most influential position in the game. Plus you've got the championship pedigree and proven playoff monsters, vs guys who haven't been able to get it done in high pressure situations. Tampa is without a doubt the favorite here, imo.
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
30 avr. 2022 à 13 h 20
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968

Yes lol, literally who cares at all about the Kraken and the Jets, it’s solely for draft positioning and has no impact on the playoffs, it could literally be played a week from now and it would still mean next to nothing as long as it was done before the draft lottery (I wouldn’t even care if it was played literally alongside the cup finals lol, as long as the draft lottery was at some point after the game). Last year regular season games were played during the first round, so this is still better.
30 avr. 2022 à 13 h 21
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,298

Momma Barzal is currently searching for old photos of Mat wearing his Canucks pyjamas.
Db1899, Juiceman, csick and 2 others a aimé ceci.
30 avr. 2022 à 13 h 37
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,437

Pajama boy 2.0
Juiceman, capsfan2121, EsoYeezus69 and 2 others a aimé ceci.
30 avr. 2022 à 13 h 40
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,087
Quoting: Devil
Pajama boy 2.0

So hes gonna join JT with the Leafs grin

Then we can have a Pajama party
zk97 a aimé ceci.
30 avr. 2022 à 13 h 43
Top 6. Adv Leafs.
Bottom 6. About even.
Goal Tending. Vasy.

Cya Monday.

Do the Leafs really have that big of an advantage in the top 6? Matthews is a monster and the best player on either team, but you could argue that Kucherov, Stamkos, and Point are the next 3 best forwards, and even if you take Marner over 1 of the Lightning guys they still have 3 of the top 5, and then a Selke calibre guy in Cirelli. I would say those 4 edge Toronto’s big 4 slightly, and Killorn and Palat are at least a wash with Bunting and Kerfoot. The advantage the Lightning have is that they’re all proven playoff performers who typically get better in the post-season and the Leafs do not have that pedigree. If they do that thing where they throw like Mikheyev and Blackwell with Tavares and run Nylander on the 3rd line, then the Lightning have the clearly better top 6 imo. The Leafs have the advantage on 3rd line (regardless of if Nylander is there or not imo), and the Lightning have the advantage on 4th line.

The Lightning have the clear advantage on D imo. Muzzin should be their McDonagh, but he’s constantly injured and not great this year. Hedman smokes Rielly. Cernak and Brodie are probably pretty close as reliable top 4 defensive guys. Sergachev vs. Giordano is an interesting conversation, I’d probably lean Sergachev at this point although I do love Gio and he’s been solid for the Leafs so let’s call it a wash. Liljegren and Lyubushkin vs. Foote and Rutta is pretty similar and even if you lean the Leafs there it’s not close to making up the gap between Hedman/McDonagh and Rielly/Muzzin.

Vasi>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>every Leafs goalie since the Sawchuk/Bower/Plante days lol

Special teams edge Leafs, although I’m not sure I’ve seen a PP more threatening than Kucherov and Point threading cross-seam passes through some of the best defenses in the league on the PP, and they always turn it up in the playoffs. Combine that with a resurgent Stamkos and Hedman still being elite (and another playoff performer) and if the PP isn’t considered at least even, I would almost lean Tampa again. PK is probably slight edge Leafs though.

Overall I think Tampa has the pretty clear advantage. Plus they have the experience of actually doing the thing twice so they know what it takes. Tampa historically turns it up, and Toronto historically chokes, which is definitely something to factor in. If it was all based on the regular season, Tampa wouldn’t have won last year when they finished 3rd in the division, and they honestly kinda waltzed to the cup lol, they had a good series against Florida that they won decisively, and NYI pushed them to 7 but they didn’t really look scared of them.

As an outsider I would say Tampa is very clearly the favourite, and will honestly be the favourite against anyone and everyone until somebody manages to beat them, which nobody has done in 3 years.
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
30 avr. 2022 à 13 h 46
Ex Nucks fan
Mentions "j'aime": 17,624
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
Momma Barzal is currently searching for old photos of Mat wearing his Canucks pyjamas.

I’m waiting for this to happen in 8 years with Connor Bedard.
csick, LeafsFanForSomeReason, capsfan2121 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
30 avr. 2022 à 13 h 47
Ex Nucks fan
Quoting: Devil
Pajama boy 2.0

Canucks:
6eg6na.jpg
A_Habs_fan, EsoYeezus69 et zk97 a aimé ceci.
30 avr. 2022 à 13 h 50
Ex Nucks fan
Quoting: aadoyle
So hes gonna join JT with the Leafs grin

Then we can have a Pajama party

Ah yes, Mat Barzal, the pride of Toronto
zk97 a aimé ceci.
30 avr. 2022 à 13 h 50
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 30 avr. 2022 à 13 h 59
Quoting: Alfie11
Do the Leafs really have that big of an advantage in the top 6? Matthews is a monster and the best player on either team, but you could argue that Kucherov, Stamkos, and Point are the next 3 best forwards, and even if you take Marner over 1 of the Lightning guys they still have 3 of the top 5, and then a Selke calibre guy in Cirelli. I would say those 4 edge Toronto’s big 4 slightly, and Killorn and Palat are at least a wash with Bunting and Kerfoot. The advantage the Lightning have is that they’re all proven playoff performers who typically get better in the post-season and the Leafs do not have that pedigree. If they do that thing where they throw like Mikheyev and Blackwell with Tavares and run Nylander on the 3rd line, then the Lightning have the clearly better top 6 imo. The Leafs have the advantage on 3rd line (regardless of if Nylander is there or not imo), and the Lightning have the advantage on 4th line.

The Lightning have the clear advantage on D imo. Muzzin should be their McDonagh, but he’s constantly injured and not great this year. Hedman smokes Rielly. Cernak and Brodie are probably pretty close as reliable top 4 defensive guys. Sergachev vs. Giordano is an interesting conversation, I’d probably lean Sergachev at this point although I do love Gio and he’s been solid for the Leafs so let’s call it a wash. Liljegren and Lyubushkin vs. Foote and Rutta is pretty similar and even if you lean the Leafs there it’s not close to making up the gap between Hedman/McDonagh and Rielly/Muzzin.

Vasi>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>every Leafs goalie since the Sawchuk/Bower/Plante days lol

Special teams edge Leafs, although I’m not sure I’ve seen a PP more threatening than Kucherov and Point threading cross-seam passes through some of the best defenses in the league on the PP, and they always turn it up in the playoffs. Combine that with a resurgent Stamkos and Hedman still being elite (and another playoff performer) and if the PP isn’t considered at least even, I would almost lean Tampa again. PK is probably slight edge Leafs though.

Overall I think Tampa has the pretty clear advantage. Plus they have the experience of actually doing the thing twice so they know what it takes. Tampa historically turns it up, and Toronto historically chokes, which is definitely something to factor in. If it was all based on the regular season, Tampa wouldn’t have won last year when they finished 3rd in the division, and they honestly kinda waltzed to the cup lol, they had a good series against Florida that they won decisively, and NYI pushed them to 7 but they didn’t really look scared of them.

As an outsider I would say Tampa is very clearly the favourite, and will honestly be the favourite against anyone and everyone until somebody manages to beat them, which nobody has done in 3 years.

Lightning dont have a clear advantage in D other than Hedman

A healthy Muzzin vs. McDonagh is an equal match
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
30 avr. 2022 à 13 h 54
Quoting: aadoyle
Lightning dont have a clear advantage in D other than Hedman

A healthy Muzzin vs. McDonagh is an equal match

Yeah but Muzzin is not healthy. He hasn’t been for over a year (and has missed parts of the playoffs the last two seasons, to the Leafs’s deteiment), and it’s been clear every time he steps on the ice this season that he’s not the player you want him to be. Also please stop making major edits to your posts immediately after posting, just take an extra few seconds to think if there’s something you want to add lol
capsfan2121, LeafsFanForSomeReason, EsoYeezus69 and 3 others a aimé ceci.
30 avr. 2022 à 13 h 56
Saskoiler for now
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,237
Top 6. Adv Leafs.
Bottom 6. About even.
Goal Tending. Vasy.

Cya Monday.

IDK man, the lightning are also the 2 time defending stanley cup champions... Ive learned not to bet against them.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
30 avr. 2022 à 13 h 56
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Alfie11
Yeah but Muzzin is not healthy. He hasn’t been for over a year (and has missed parts of the playoffs the last two seasons, to the Leafs’s deteiment), and it’s been clear every time he steps on the ice this season that he’s not the player you want him to be. Also please stop making major edits to your posts immediately after posting, just take an extra few seconds to think if there’s something you want to add lol

Well both sides will have someone unhealthy its just how the NHL season has gone

Having Gio will soften the worload as Muzzin wont be forced to play 25 mins a night.
30 avr. 2022 à 13 h 57
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,197
Is there a CF bracket challenge setup already?
BuFfaLOFaN, EsoYeezus69, Saskleaf and 1 other person a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage