SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-2022 NHL Season Discussion Thread #30 - Chara's Last 7 Games

21 avr. 2022 à 15 h 5
v5 Minnesota GM
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 4,684
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Lol, they're not comparable bud, unless you think Caufield can carry the Habs next year like JRob is doing this year

Jrob is carrying the stars along with hintz and pavelski
Caufield as a 21 year old with MSL has better stats than Jrob had when he was 21
21 avr. 2022 à 15 h 6
v5 Minnesota GM
Quoting: hanson493
ducharmetheDOMinator how can you say caufield is having a better year than jason robertson did at 21?

Robertson in 51 games: 17 goals 28 assists 45 points. (rookie year)
Caufield 62 games 18goals 20 assists 38 points (rookie year)

clear as day to me.

Caufield with MSL as coach
21 avr. 2022 à 15 h 7
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 23,113
Quoting: justaBoss
You know, based on the late talks here I'm kind of surprised (and disappointed) that no one suggested I buy some maple syrup due to my busted fridge.

That one ain't about to expire any time soon.

I'm not so worried about a busted fridge but the worldwide supply chain and the war in Europe. But you're right load up on Maple Syrup and honey. Gee, Canada might have two of the most valuable commodities in the world. Maple Syrup and fresh water.
EsoYeezus69 et justaBoss a aimé ceci.
21 avr. 2022 à 15 h 7
Jinx god
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 13,730
Quoting: Alfie11
Robertson’s a power forward, Caufield’s a tiny sniper. They’re different styles of player. Plus you can’t just cherry pick his stats under MSL. Robertson did the entire year under Bowness lol

Yeah compare Caufield’s numbers with Ducharme to JRob’s with Bowness, because they’re pretty much the same quality of coach.
capsfan2121, A_Habs_fan, zk97 and 3 others a aimé ceci.
21 avr. 2022 à 15 h 7
Saskoiler for now
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,247
Quoting: hanson493
ducharmetheDOMinator how can you say caufield is having a better year than jason robertson did at 21?

Robertson in 51 games: 17 goals 28 assists 45 points. (rookie year)
Caufield 62 games 18goals 20 assists 38 points (rookie year)

clear as day to me.

TheDominator is cherry picking his stats by saying that under MSL Caufield has put up better P/G numbers.

The coaching change thing can't be ignored competely but you also can't completely ignore the other stats. Besides, Robertson played his first season under Rick Bowness, who is a worse coach then Duchame.

Don't get me wrong, Caufield is a great player with a high ceiling, but Robertson is one of the best wingers in the NHL. He's also a power forward as oposed to a tiny little guy. I'd take Robertson 10 times out of 10.
A_Habs_fan, EsoYeezus69, justaBoss and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
21 avr. 2022 à 15 h 8
v5 Minnesota GM
Robertson’s a power forward, Caufield’s a tiny sniper. They’re different styles of player. Plus you can’t just cherry pick his stats under MSL. Robertson did the entire year under Bowness lol

At least Robertson was playing on the top line all year.
Caufield with ducharme was playing in the bottom 6 every night
21 avr. 2022 à 15 h 9
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 23,113
Quoting: DougieGilmour
To the children who worship Dubas… I get it you aren’t old enough to remember Pat Burns, but Dubas sucks as a GM and this team is going out in round one again. You’ll learn to lose the optimism soon. Being a Leafs fan means suffering

Sorry, why is Dubas fault if the Leafs go out in the first round? Isn't it the players and coaching too. Since Pat Burns, the Leafs have some horrid GMs...and still suffering the consequences of those GMs, so please look at facts and don't blame all on Dubas.
Saskleaf, A_Habs_fan et EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
21 avr. 2022 à 15 h 9
SHL NJD GM
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,443
Stutzle was literally injured on that knee and missed the next game. The fact that people believe Gallagher’s whining is a joke, he needs to focus on his play to try and become relevant again rather than trying to denigrate young players that are faster and more skilled than him. And if you’re talking about the Nylander play, that’s textbook interference. I woulda won the Lady Byng every year of my playing career and even I’ve been called for nearly an identical play of slightly impeding a forechecker. As a referee, I’ve called several penalties like that and nobody’s complained because it’s clearly interference, and even Atom coaches can recognize that. He stopped Stutzle from competing in that puck race. That’s interference. It’spure Leafs homerism, coupled with Habs fans trying to justify Gallagher’s comments, that have turned this into a “thing” when it really shouldn’t be. If anything Stutzle should be given props for fighting through the injury and returning to the game against the Habs, and be admired for his speed because he was obviously about to dust Willy. This is just another example of people thinking that players that have been around longer are always correct or doing things the right way, and you can ask Isles fans how they feel about that concept.

You know that a) Stutzle was called a diver before by many, it just took Gally's comments to get everyone else to notice them, b) the fact that you went off on literally everything based on my simple comment shows all the bias i need
DucharmetheDOMinator a aimé ceci.
21 avr. 2022 à 15 h 9
v5 Minnesota GM
Quoting: capsfan2121
Can someone name a really good defensive forward that has an offensive touch that plays first line minutes. Lw is the position needed

Danault? He has close to 30 goals this year and can play LW
21 avr. 2022 à 15 h 11
SHL NJD GM
To the children who worship Dubas… I get it you aren’t old enough to remember Pat Burns, but Dubas sucks as a GM and this team is going out in round one again. You’ll learn to lose the optimism soon. Being a Leafs fan means suffering

Dubas hasn't really sucked, i get you haven't won a round in a while but he's done a pretty decent job at getting a team that on paper should content for more than a 1st round win, it's on the players/coach I'd say to excel at this point, Dubas has built a good roster
Saskleaf, capsfan2121, palhal and 3 others a aimé ceci.
21 avr. 2022 à 15 h 12
v5 Minnesota GM
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
Yeah compare Caufield’s numbers with Ducharme to JRob’s with Bowness, because they’re pretty much the same quality of coach.

Except caufield was playing with dauphin and pezzetta with ducharme and jrob has been playing with hintz and pavs all year.
So it doesn't matter if they are the same quality coach
21 avr. 2022 à 15 h 13
Saskoiler for now

What about Dubas sucks? He's made a lot of good moves. Not saying he's the best GM in the league or anything, but he's a top 10-15 GM, and he is miles better than any GM the leafs have had since Pat Burns.
palhal, aadoyle, EsoYeezus69 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
21 avr. 2022 à 15 h 13
v5 Minnesota GM
Quoting: Saskleaf
TheDominator is cherry picking his stats by saying that under MSL Caufield has put up better P/G numbers.

The coaching change thing can't be ignored competely but you also can't completely ignore the other stats. Besides, Robertson played his first season under Rick Bowness, who is a worse coach then Duchame.

Don't get me wrong, Caufield is a great player with a high ceiling, but Robertson is one of the best wingers in the NHL. He's also a power forward as oposed to a tiny little guy. I'd take Robertson 10 times out of 10.

I'm not cherry picking, I'm saying when caufields playing top 6 he gets same production jrob gets
21 avr. 2022 à 15 h 14
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 8,576
Quoting: DucharmetheDOMinator
Danault? He has close to 30 goals this year and can play LW

i haven’t seen him play LW like ever
Saskleaf et EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
21 avr. 2022 à 15 h 14
TheLeafsAbuseMe
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 659
Quoting: palhal
Sorry, why is Dubas fault if the Leafs go out in the first round? Isn't it the players and coaching too. Since Pat Burns, the Leafs have some horrid GMs...and still suffering the consequences of those GMs, so please look at facts and don't blame all on Dubas.

Fletcher was not a horrible GM. Even Ferguson Jr wasn’t a horrible GM. Dubas ruined our cap and made some of the worst trades in recent history. Kadri, Connor Brown, Mason Marchment, Trevor Moore, and Freddie could and should be on this roster right now. Instead we overpaid Tavares, added Kerfoot who we now need to move, and of course wasted millions on Mrazek. It’s his team that he has assembled and it is fools gold. This team is not built for the postseason. The guy walked into a generational talent who was drafted before he ever got here. He’s no genius
21 avr. 2022 à 15 h 14
Saskoiler for now
I'm not cherry picking, I'm saying when caufields playing top 6 he gets same production jrob gets

It's also a way smaller sample size. Not to mention Robertson has a better all around game.
EsoYeezus69 et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
21 avr. 2022 à 15 h 14
v5 Minnesota GM
Quoting: Zuki9797
i haven’t seen him play LW like ever

He for sure can tho
21 avr. 2022 à 15 h 15
TheLeafsAbuseMe
Mentions "j'aime": 659
What about Dubas sucks? He's made a lot of good moves. Not saying he's the best GM in the league or anything, but he's a top 10-15 GM, and he is miles better than any GM the leafs have had since Pat Burns.

Miles better than Fletcher? That’s laughable
21 avr. 2022 à 15 h 16
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
You know that a) Stutzle was called a diver before by many, it just took Gally's comments to get everyone else to notice them, b) the fact that you went off on literally everything based on my simple comment shows all the bias i need

I’m going off because people still believe this bull****. He wasn’t called a diver before by many lol, and he’s only taken 2 embellishment penalties in his career to date. If the roles had been reversed there woulda been several articles written about Gallagher being a warrior, and the heart and soul of the Habs, praising him for fighting through the pain to try and help his team score on the ensuing power play and win. If McDavid had drawn the interference penalty, we woulda marvelled at his speed and revisited why this exact type of penalty wasn’t called last playoffs when it’s so textbook. But because Stutzle’s 20 and still establishing himself as a superstar, all of a sudden he’s a diver? Give me a break. This is equally as ridiculous as Crosby being labelled a whiner early in his career, something many people still attribute to him, when all along he was simply correct. Like, this is what we want out of the game. Let the stars shine, and the washed veterans who the game has passed by should just shut up.
21 avr. 2022 à 15 h 16
Saskoiler for now
Fletcher was not a horrible GM. Even Ferguson Jr wasn’t a horrible GM. Dubas ruined our cap and made some of the worst trades in recent history. Kadri, Connor Brown, Mason Marchment, Trevor Moore, and Freddie could and should be on this roster right now. Instead we overpaid Tavares, added Kerfoot who we now need to move, and of course wasted millions on Mrazek. It’s his team that he has assembled and it is fools gold. This team is not built for the postseason. The guy walked into a generational talent who was drafted before he ever got here. He’s no genius

Rask for Raycroft...

I'll take John Tavares thank you very much.
A_Habs_fan, DucharmetheDOMinator, yikes and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
21 avr. 2022 à 15 h 16
SHL NJD GM

Really, Marchment lol, the trade was fine, just sucks he broke out on Florida. the Brown trade was needed to get rid of Zaitsev, and losing Trevor Moore was fine considering how you have good bottom 6 guys and got Campbell back who's been great
21 avr. 2022 à 15 h 17
v5 Minnesota GM

Kadri needed change of scenery and Barrie was supposed to be good. Brown, Marchment, Moore, and Freddie would never have succeeded in Toronto as much as they have on their respective teams. Mrazek contract wasn't bad, he just turned out terrible. He was good years prior. And Dubas was getting immense pressure to sign Tavares, and at the time he was worth that. Maybe he was 1m overpaid, but still.
He isn't bad.
Saskleaf et zk97 a aimé ceci.
21 avr. 2022 à 15 h 19
Saskoiler for now
Miles better than Fletcher? That’s laughable

Not miles better than Fletcher, ok fair enough, you could argue Fletcher was better now that I looks at the moves he made, but he most certainly is miles better than JFJ, Burke, Nonis, and Lou.
21 avr. 2022 à 15 h 22
v5 Minnesota GM
It's also a way smaller sample size. Not to mention Robertson has a better all around game.

I'm just saying Habs wouldn't trade caufield + MORE for 1st overall.

I'm giving an example to justaBoss if he'd like jrob for 1st overall.
Yes, Robertson is better and will always be better but it's not a huge margin like jesper Bratt and Josh Bailey. It's more like a margin of Huberdeau and Tkachuk.

Explain me why the habs should trade caufield and MORE for Shane Wright?
21 avr. 2022 à 15 h 26
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,764
Caufield with MSL as coach

idc who the coach is. 32 games: 17 goals 10 assists 27 points under MSL thats a small sample size. he had seriously increased usage under MSL as well.
first half of the year he was probably averaging around 14ish min toi last half hes averaging around 18.5 or so.

not saying hes a bad player but robertsons full year was much better. we will see how he does next year if st louis stays on. that will be the true sign of is this a hotstreak or did st louis unlock something,

edit: he wont play his entire career under one coach, he has to adapt. he didnt fit ducharmes system obviously but you cant just say hes a better player based on these 32 games.
A_Habs_fan, EsoYeezus69 et zk97 a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage