SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-22 NHL Season Discussion Thread #27: The Home Stretch

8 avr. 2022 à 8 h 44
Tintin over 1122
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 10,166
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
2014-2015 season. 15 30 Goal scorers, highest point was 87, probably the biggest anomaly we've seen in a long time.

Ovi😎. Also the first year I started watching hockey.
KSIxSKULLS a aimé ceci.
8 avr. 2022 à 8 h 45
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,271
2014-2015 season. 15 30 Goal scorers, highest point was 87, probably the biggest anomaly we've seen in a long time.

For reference

2021-2022

33 30 goal scorers
High Points 108

Still 10 games to go...
capsfan2121, MitchMarner_16, EsoYeezus69 and 2 others a aimé ceci.
8 avr. 2022 à 8 h 47
Tintin over 1122
For reference

2021-2022

33 30 goal scorers
High Points 108

Still 10 games to go...

It says something when Jamie Benn leads the league in points.
KSIxSKULLS, EsoYeezus69, zk97 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
8 avr. 2022 à 8 h 50
Démarrer sujet
cautious optimism
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,753
Bobcat’s Post Game Notes, Game 72

Jackets lose, 4-1 against the Philadelphia Flyers.

-I feel like we’re overworking Elvis. We’ve started him for the last eight games. Berube is backing him up, and he did pretty well in the short stint we gave him, why not let him start tonight?

-Carson Meyer takes a lot of penalties. That was a very unfortunate high-sticking penalty. Complete accident.

-Thankfully, the Philadelphia defense/penalty kill is terrible, so we find ourselves on a breakaway, and Robbie tucks it behind Martin Jones for a SHG immediately after our tribute to the franchise leader in SHGs. Lol.

-I swear to god, half of these names on this Flyers team have to be fake. Patrick Brown? That’s so plain it hurts. How is this team BEATING US AFTER THIRTY MINUTES? WE’RE BETTER THAN THIS!

-THAT GUY I DIDN’T KNOW EXISTED LAST GAME SCORED AGAIN. I AM THIS GODDAMN CLOSE TO A TOTAL MELTDOWN.

-Can we please stay out of the box for 5 minutes, for the love of god? If we give up a goal here, I’m shutting this off.

Five minutes later…

-I’m done. This is an embarrassment. A TOTAL. F*CKING. EMBARRASSMENT. WHY DO WE LOOK THIS FLACCID AGAINST THE WORST TEAM IN THE GODDAMN DIVISION? WHAT HAPPENED BETWEEN LAST GAME AND NOW THAT MADE THIS TEAM SO TERRIBLE? WHAT THE ACTUAL F*CK!?

Just… just no.
capsfan2121 et zk97 a aimé ceci.
8 avr. 2022 à 8 h 59
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,271
Quoting: capsfan2121

I'm going to defend Benn, he's fallen hard, but he was a very good player at one point.
capsfan2121, A_Habs_fan, EsoYeezus69 and 2 others a aimé ceci.
8 avr. 2022 à 9 h 4
Jinx god
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 13,730
I'm going to defend Benn, he's fallen hard, but he was a very good player at one point.

Yeah during his prime he was undoubtedly one of the best players in the league, and Segs too.

Too bad they fell off completely when they signed those massive contracts.
zk97, capsfan2121, justaBoss and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
8 avr. 2022 à 9 h 9
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,077
One guy who's not being talked about, Tanner Jeannot.

Hes quietly putting together a solid season with 24 goals (leads rookies) and 41 points in 69 games
zk97, Saskleaf, hanson493 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
8 avr. 2022 à 9 h 11
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,763
Quoting: justaBoss
He has requested for a trade, he hasn't developed to any direction in last couple of years, his performance stats wise is equal to your average mid-6 winger from last 3 years but his cap is (now) higher than your average mid-6 winger.

Maybe he is worth more, but I personally don't think he's anything special or worth spending that much to. He doesn't really stand out in any manner whatsoever.

Quoting: aadoyle
That and if we look at a strong comparable trade

Buchnevich went for how much again?

And he had 20 goals and 28 assists in 54 games

And he was 25 when traded so no use using age factor

So my guess rn is 2 2nds at most. As often players who want out often get less then when they are just straight up traded. Debrusk is a big wildcard here as he started producing with Marchand and Bergeron. Whats the guarantee he will do that with his new team. Could end up going flat again.

Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Teams will haggle but best-case scenario for the Bruins, you're looking at a player swap or 2nd+

as justaboss stated buch didnt have an extension he was simply just rights and the Rangers werent willing to pay him 6m pretty much had to choose kreider or buch and they chose kreider. not only that he had one 20 goal year before his career year in a contract year. i think we can safely say that wasnt a fluke but he had less goals in the same 5 year sample than debrusk does right now. hes got far more assists though which helps when you play with guys who can also shoot the puck...

Im not sure what you mean when "he hasnt developed in any direction" Debrusk's biggest issue is streakiness and effort. Is everyone still stuck on 1 bad year?

His 5 year sample size:
Rookie: 16G 27A 43P 70 GP
y2: 27G 15A 42P 68 GP
y3: 19G 16A 35P 65 GP
y4: (covid/injury year) 5G 9A 14P 41G
y5: 21G 13A 34P 65GP

hes a 2 time 20 goal scorers, pace wise 3 time, hes shown he can pass with marchand and bergeron and hes still scoring when given top 6 minutes. if you average out his 5 years hes a 17.6 goal per year 16 assist per year... if you take out the outlier covid year that will likely never happen again (situation wise) hes a 20.75g 17.75A player per year player. also while not being a huge powerplay guy, can be a solid back checker (when engaged) just because he requested a trade doesnt mean bruins have to honor it (as seen by the latest not moving him by the TDL).

IMO i get marchand and bergeron will "inflate" numbers but hes still a primary goal scorer. thats his main job. in 5v5 situations this year hes outscoring alot of big name top 6 players. including tavares, nylander, garland, pavelski, kane and tied with barkov, svechnikov, bjorkstrand etc.

I just dont understand the slander on debrusk. He started the year off cold, on a line with haula and foligno who also started off ice cold. debrusk was still scoring on that line though. he has been projected for 20+ goals all year long. the assists are starting to catch up playing with better quality teammates. as haula and foligno have a combined 14 goals between them to this date. i think they had a whopping 3 or 4 goals before bruce changed the lineups around while jake had 9 or 10.

Just like at the TDL i dont think the bruins are simply gunna dump a player just to honor a trade request. PLD wanted the hell out of columbus, tanked major value and still returned laine and roslovic... im not saying debrusk is PLD but stating his value is singificantly lower than it is is a bit of a stretch. i can see debrusk as a 1 or 2 LW for a team being a 30-20 player especially given pp time.

Debrusk is 33rd ranked LW in goals atm. tied with killorn, ahead of panarin, bunting, arvidsson, saad, teravainen, burakovsky. none of the guys around him on this list played half the year bouncing around with inconsistent linemates. serious thought where is debrusk if hes playing with matthews and marner? where is debrusk if hes playing the entire year with bergy and marchy vs 20ish games?

Idk just dont understand the low valuations, i definitely have a little homer bias but 25 year old consistent proven 20 goal scorers dont grow on trees.
8 avr. 2022 à 9 h 25
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,449
Quoting: hanson493
as justaboss stated buch didnt have an extension he was simply just rights and the Rangers werent willing to pay him 6m pretty much had to choose kreider or buch and they chose kreider. not only that he had one 20 goal year before his career year in a contract year. i think we can safely say that wasnt a fluke but he had less goals in the same 5 year sample than debrusk does right now. hes got far more assists though which helps when you play with guys who can also shoot the puck...

Im not sure what you mean when "he hasnt developed in any direction" Debrusk's biggest issue is streakiness and effort. Is everyone still stuck on 1 bad year?

His 5 year sample size:
Rookie: 16G 27A 43P 70 GP
y2: 27G 15A 42P 68 GP
y3: 19G 16A 35P 65 GP
y4: (covid/injury year) 5G 9A 14P 41G
y5: 21G 13A 34P 65GP

hes a 2 time 20 goal scorers, pace wise 3 time, hes shown he can pass with marchand and bergeron and hes still scoring when given top 6 minutes. if you average out his 5 years hes a 17.6 goal per year 16 assist per year... if you take out the outlier covid year that will likely never happen again (situation wise) hes a 20.75g 17.75A player per year player. also while not being a huge powerplay guy, can be a solid back checker (when engaged) just because he requested a trade doesnt mean bruins have to honor it (as seen by the latest not moving him by the TDL).

IMO i get marchand and bergeron will "inflate" numbers but hes still a primary goal scorer. thats his main job. in 5v5 situations this year hes outscoring alot of big name top 6 players. including tavares, nylander, garland, pavelski, kane and tied with barkov, svechnikov, bjorkstrand etc.

I just dont understand the slander on debrusk. He started the year off cold, on a line with haula and foligno who also started off ice cold. debrusk was still scoring on that line though. he has been projected for 20+ goals all year long. the assists are starting to catch up playing with better quality teammates. as haula and foligno have a combined 14 goals between them to this date. i think they had a whopping 3 or 4 goals before bruce changed the lineups around while jake had 9 or 10.

Just like at the TDL i dont think the bruins are simply gunna dump a player just to honor a trade request. PLD wanted the hell out of columbus, tanked major value and still returned laine and roslovic... im not saying debrusk is PLD but stating his value is singificantly lower than it is is a bit of a stretch. i can see debrusk as a 1 or 2 LW for a team being a 30-20 player especially given pp time.

Debrusk is 33rd ranked LW in goals atm. tied with killorn, ahead of panarin, bunting, arvidsson, saad, teravainen, burakovsky. none of the guys around him on this list played half the year bouncing around with inconsistent linemates. serious thought where is debrusk if hes playing with matthews and marner? where is debrusk if hes playing the entire year with bergy and marchy vs 20ish games?

Idk just dont understand the low valuations, i definitely have a little homer bias but 25 year old consistent proven 20 goal scorers dont grow on trees.

By saying that he hasn't developed in any direction I meant basically his points. Currently his best season is still his rookie season where he apparently got to play with better linemates. He appears to be your regular 35-45 point player. Do they grow in trees? No. But it's still nothing that special.

I don't think calling him a mid-6 winger with a knack for scoring goals is slandering him, per se. I just don't think he's an exact top-6 winger. At least in contending teams - of all the players you listed there other than Bunting who is most likely a product of the players he'll play with I'll take everyone before DeBrusk - simply because the fact that they currently perform worse than DeBrusk is an outlier rather than normal. All of them can and have scored 50+ point years, but DeBrusk have not.

While the consideration of where he could be with playing with the likes of Matthews and Marner is intriguing, it doesn't really affect his value.

2nd+prospect or two seconds seems like a market value of these kind of wingers. Maybe at most the same return as Lehkonen got - but to be fair market was inflated then, he got dealt half retained at $1M and he had elite level defensive stats to boot.
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
8 avr. 2022 à 9 h 49
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,449

At his prime Benn was Top3 LW in the league and the best power forward in the league.

Unfortunately power forwards tend to decline earlier than others because that playstyle wears them down.
EsoYeezus69, capsfan2121 et zk97 a aimé ceci.
8 avr. 2022 à 9 h 58
Tintin over 1122
At his prime Benn was Top3 LW in the league and the best power forward in the league.

Unfortunately power forwards tend to decline earlier than others because that playstyle wears them down.

I know. Shows how defensively tight the league back then. That type of play style was successful
justaBoss et KSIxSKULLS a aimé ceci.
8 avr. 2022 à 10 h 31
By saying that he hasn't developed in any direction I meant basically his points. Currently his best season is still his rookie season where he apparently got to play with better linemates. He appears to be your regular 35-45 point player. Do they grow in trees? No. But it's still nothing that special.

I don't think calling him a mid-6 winger with a knack for scoring goals is slandering him, per se. I just don't think he's an exact top-6 winger. At least in contending teams - of all the players you listed there other than Bunting who is most likely a product of the players he'll play with I'll take everyone before DeBrusk - simply because the fact that they currently perform worse than DeBrusk is an outlier rather than normal. All of them can and have scored 50+ point years, but DeBrusk have not.

While the consideration of where he could be with playing with the likes of Matthews and Marner is intriguing, it doesn't really affect his value.

2nd+prospect or two seconds seems like a market value of these kind of wingers. Maybe at most the same return as Lehkonen got - but to be fair market was inflated then, he got dealt half retained at $1M and he had elite level defensive stats to boot.

just curious what would your price be on gurianov?
8 avr. 2022 à 10 h 41
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,096
The disrespect to Pelech and Pulock

capsfan2121, EsoYeezus69, hanson493 and 2 others a aimé ceci.
8 avr. 2022 à 11 h 11
KFTW
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 23,935
I feel like Luke Hughes is kinda comparable to Shea Theodore. No?
capsfan2121, Devil et EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
8 avr. 2022 à 11 h 14
Ex Nucks fan
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 17,624
Quoting: Db1899
The disrespect to Pelech and Pulock

I think they forgot about franchise cornerstone, 6’9 beast Stanley Cup Champion Zdeno Chara
Db1899, capsfan2121, csick and 5 others a aimé ceci.
8 avr. 2022 à 11 h 29
Tintin over 1122

we are doing the Hathaway on the first line again😩
csick et zk97 a aimé ceci.
8 avr. 2022 à 11 h 37
Tintin over 1122

oilersguy a aimé ceci.
8 avr. 2022 à 11 h 45
Tintin over 1122
8 avr. 2022 à 11 h 46
I make Articals.
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 368

lmfaoo
capsfan2121, csick et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
8 avr. 2022 à 11 h 56
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,383

It's his first CF post so he has a slight pass
capsfan2121, zk97, Devil and 7 others a aimé ceci.
8 avr. 2022 à 11 h 59
Tintin over 1122

Yeah I guess. I shouldn’t be talking
DucharmetheDOMinator et Tntpod a aimé ceci.
8 avr. 2022 à 12 h 23

Yeah I guess. I shouldn’t be talking

idk man this is like not even nhl 22 level stuff.
oilersguy, capsfan2121, DucharmetheDOMinator and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
8 avr. 2022 à 12 h 40
Hakuna Matata
Mentions "j'aime": 20,950
Quoting: Tntpod
lmfaoo

Loui Eriksson under Boudreau would probs be doing much better than he did under Greene
Tntpod a aimé ceci.
8 avr. 2022 à 12 h 40
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,383

aadoyle, AndrewLadd, zk97 and 2 others a aimé ceci.
8 avr. 2022 à 12 h 43
Hakuna Matata
Mentions "j'aime": 20,950

Makes sense 2 years under his belt and has shown he flashes of being ready. Would like to see him start with the Monsters but who knows could pull a Sillinger and make it out of camp.
Saskleaf, zk97 et Tntpod a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage