(TOR/ARI) - future considerations for Hutton

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

21 févr. 2022 à 20 h 34
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,223
Modifié 21 févr. 2022 à 20 h 41
The Yotes have noticed Ritchie's $3.3 million contract and felt the Leafs should pay Hutton contract to offset the cash transaction.

Though seriously, if Dubas had front loaded that contract instead of back loading it, he probably wouldn't need such a high bribe to rid himself of Ritchie.

$1.7 this year.
$3.3 next year.

I thought the Leafs had the best cap management team in the League, who screwed up that one.
21 févr. 2022 à 20 h 35
sensonfire
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,451
Quoting: MetalToday
If they claimed him on waivers Toronto would need to waive him as well, unless there was a goaltender spot on the main roster. This way they get Hutton to play in the minors for essentially nothing with no risk. This was purely an AHL move, probably won't play on the main roster, and if he does it will be because of multiple goalie injuries.

1. If you claim someone off waivers, only to then waive him shortly after that, then there is almost no point in claiming him in the first place.

2. Kyle Dubas claimed Adam Brooks last week from Vegas and then waived him to Winnipeg the next day.

So, he should know how waivers works by now.

3. Hutton clears waivers today and Dubas has to pick up the phone to call Arizona's front office about Hutton.

This amateur of a GM either has too much time on his hands or was asleep at the wheel and simply forgot.

Either way, he should smarten up.

I rest my case.
21 févr. 2022 à 20 h 37
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,191
Quoting: sensonfire
1. If you claim someone off waivers, only to then waive him shortly after that, then there is almost no point in claiming him in the first place.

2. Kyle Dubas claimed Adam Brooks last week from Vegas and then waived him to Winnipeg the next day.

3. Hutton clears waivers today and Dubas has to pick up the phone to call Arizona's front office about Hutton.

This amateur of a GM either has too much time on his hands or was asleep at the wheel and simply forgot.

I rest my case.

Aquiring Hutton after he clears waivers is fine.

Claiming Hutton off waivers would be a mistake.
21 févr. 2022 à 20 h 47
GoJetsGo
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 522
Quoting: MarcShow
There should be a “meh” option.

That's what the "fair deal" option is for
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
21 févr. 2022 à 20 h 49
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,685
Hutton just came LTIR. Leafs did Arizona a "$$$$$" favour, as the Leafs will now pay Hutton's salary the rest of the year. Same the Dzingel trade , Leafs were prepared to pay Dzingel's salary.
Trading cash in not allowed in any NHL trade. So the Leafs help Arizona with their cap dumps to help offset the money they pay Ritchie.
Faulk_my_Dzingel a aimé ceci.
21 févr. 2022 à 20 h 51
Quoting: Saskleaf

I rest my case.

Correct: see the Clifford transaction, he cleared waivers, so the Leafs trading for him gives the Leafs the ability to send Clifford up and down to the Marlies without waivers because they traded for his contract rights to abuse him, lol.... that's how it works.... Brooks was never cleared waivers so he was bound to be lost again.
21 févr. 2022 à 20 h 51
sensonfire
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,451
Quoting: Saskleaf

1. Acquiring Hutton after he clears is not fine.

3 games this season.

7.76 GAA

0.741 Save Percentage

Suffers from a visual impairment, going back to his days in Buffalo.

2. If claiming Hutton would be a mistake, then claiming Adam Brooks was a mistake as well.

I know Brooks' cap hit is below league minimum.

But that says more about Dubas' competence when it comes to basic things like managing the Leafs' cap situation and making waiver claims.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
21 févr. 2022 à 20 h 52
Quoting: palhal
Hutton just came LTIR. Leafs did Arizona a "$$$$$" favour, as the Leafs will now pay Hutton's salary the rest of the year. Same the Dzingel trade , Leafs were prepared to pay Dzingel's salary.
Trading cash in not allowed in any NHL trade. So the Leafs help Arizona with their cap dumps to help offset the money they pay Ritchie.

I just stated that, 7 minutes earlier.

Hutton has an 1 way contract...so no cheaper Ahl $ amount can be paid to him.

I'm sure 'Yotes other Ahl goalies own a 2 way contract.
palhal a aimé ceci.
21 févr. 2022 à 20 h 53
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,271
So it turns out the Leafs just took on the contract for ****s and giggles. He's staying in Tucson (Toronto is loaning him there). Yikes
21 févr. 2022 à 20 h 54
Go leafs go
1. Acquiring Hutton after he clears is not fine.

3 games this season.

7.76 GAA

0.741 Save Percentage

Suffers from a visual impairment, going back to his days in Buffalo.

2. If claiming Hutton would be a mistake, then claiming Adam Brooks was a mistake as well.

I know Brooks' cap hit is below league minimum.

But that says more about Dubas' competence when it comes to managing the Leafs' cap situation and making waiver claims.

Haha sure but what I'm trying to say is aquiring someone who just clears waivers for future considerations is better than claiming them off waivers because you can send them down without having to use waivers.
sensonfire a aimé ceci.
21 févr. 2022 à 20 h 55
Go leafs go
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
So it turns out the Leafs just took on the contract for ****s and giggles. He's staying in Tucson (Toronto is loaning him there). Yikes

What the frick? Ok this is a loss then.
21 févr. 2022 à 21 h 0
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS

He was the only goalie of the 6 in house for Yotes who owned an 1 way contract believe it or not.
KSIxSKULLS a aimé ceci.
21 févr. 2022 à 21 h 14
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,385
I mean, it’s future considerations so fair deal but do you really need Hutton, he’s sucked
21 févr. 2022 à 21 h 25
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,219
Quoting: DrDinkiee
The dude was acquired for free. No one wins or loses here.

It's a loss for Toronto because they got the worse player in the deal.
21 févr. 2022 à 21 h 25
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,952
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
I mean, it’s future considerations so fair deal but do you really need Hutton, he’s sucked

Its weird but...Marlies have lost Woll and Scott due to injuries

Hutchinson and Kallagren are the only guys they can call up rn. Should Mrazek or Campbell get hurt we got to call Hutchinson up. Leaving Kallagren alone as Growlers have our other goalie Pert but they are having injury issues and need him. And so Hutton is insurance in case Hutchinson needs to be called up
21 févr. 2022 à 21 h 36
Canes hockey.
Rejoint: nov. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 344
It's a free goalie lmao, I swear some ya'll Toronto fans and Toronto haters are insane. It costed Toronto $0, it's just a depth option for this season.
21 févr. 2022 à 21 h 41
WentWughes
Mentions "j'aime": 10,271
Quoting: Sparkyboi_GoCanes
It's a free goalie lmao, I swear some ya'll Toronto fans and Toronto haters are insane. It costed Toronto $0, it's just a depth option for this season.

Extra contract spot and he's not even going to be playing for a Toronto team
21 févr. 2022 à 21 h 42
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,685
Quoting: Sparkyboi_GoCanes

You're right about the Leafs haters. But the Leafs did it so they save Arizona some $$$$$...much like including Dzingel in the trade a few days ago. Cash transaction aren't legal but this way the Leafs can help Arizona with a few dollars....hey it helps pay the Ritchie salary
21 févr. 2022 à 22 h 18
Smythe.over.Hart
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,350
Quoting: palhal
You're right about the Leafs haters. But the Leafs did it so they save Arizona some $$$$$...much like including Dzingel in the trade a few days ago. Cash transaction aren't legal but this way the Leafs can help Arizona with a few dollars....hey it helps pay the Ritchie salary

Also it doesn’t hurt to be on the good side of a team like Arizona for future cap space deals. Lots of comments in here about the leafs losing as they take on the extra contract…. It’s for the remainder of one year. The leafs still have 3 contract spots. And if they look to buy someone still they have room. This whole thing is literally like you say, a cash deal in a cap world where cash doesn’t exist.
palhal a aimé ceci.
21 févr. 2022 à 23 h 33
GM CRIME DAWG
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,695
Modifié 21 févr. 2022 à 23 h 38
Quoting: Bobcat205
Hutton: Future Considerations can save you 15% or more on goalie insurance.

(This was funnier in my head)

Guy-co

Edit - Said it before: KD is addicted to deals. I worked w/ a boss that loved to be making deals all day long, gave him a high!
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
22 févr. 2022 à 0 h 9
hey look a squirrel
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,754
Modifié 22 févr. 2022 à 10 h 2
AHL depth acquisition due to injuries to the goalies there, that's all this is.

And the purpose of making a move for him after he clears wavers is simple, now leafs dont have to put him on wavers to send him down.

Stop reading more into it.
aadoyle et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
22 févr. 2022 à 1 h 11
v5 Minnesota GM
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 4,684
I'd rather future considerations tbh. Just call it nothing already. Enough with all the fluffy stuff
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
22 févr. 2022 à 1 h 40
Rejoint: avr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3
Kyle Dubas forgot how to claim someone off waivers.

Worst GM ever.

This is the second player this year he's lost on waivers, and another 2 last year. Funny how he wants to find depth players, but then waives them.

I voted for the Arizona Coyotes.
sensonfire a aimé ceci.
22 févr. 2022 à 6 h 12
Mentions "j'aime": 353
It's essentially a free depth goalie who they don't need to place on waivers that can play in the minors. Let's just hope he never gets called up
22 févr. 2022 à 8 h 48
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,911
Quoting: JTrades
It's essentially a free depth goalie who they don't need to place on waivers that can play in the minors. Let's just hope he never gets called up

True. If he gets called up it may be the first ever time "Future Considerations" wins the trade.

Yotes trying to do everything they can to improve that 2099 second rounder.
Saskleaf et JTrades a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage