SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021/22 NHL Season Discussion thread #3

27 oct. 2021 à 18 h 4
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
Comeau making his season debut and Peterson has been sent down just to make room for him…

Vegas please score 10 goals tonight.

Nice to see Jason Robertson back tonight.
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
27 oct. 2021 à 18 h 4
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,828
Kyle Beach is speaking currently on Sportscentre.

Couldn’t imagine the strength needed.
A_Habs_fan, CoopsTroops, Devil and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
27 oct. 2021 à 18 h 7
Jinx god
Mentions "j'aime": 13,730
Quoting: Brian2016
Nice to see Jason Robertson back tonight.

I guess there’s that.
27 oct. 2021 à 18 h 8
EklundCelebriniSmith
Modifié 27 oct. 2021 à 18 h 14
Kyle Beach, paraphrased,

"Every player knew."

Toews, Kane, Keith (lied today btw) are gonna have well, things are no where near done.

A_Habs_fan et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
27 oct. 2021 à 18 h 9
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
Quoting: Brian2016
I really don't like the term, "his truth." There's only one version of the truth. I.e. what actually happened. The report corroborates his claim. For all intents and purposes, "his truth" is "the truth."

I agree with what you’re saying, although I don’t think that was Westhead’s intention behind what he’s saying.
yikes, A_Habs_fan et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
27 oct. 2021 à 18 h 12
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,958
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Can Chicago retain half his salary and send him our way for Montembeault

probs yes
27 oct. 2021 à 18 h 13
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,272
I find it weird that Beach played for the Blackhawks for 3 more years knowing he was sexually assaulted and they did nothing about it.
27 oct. 2021 à 18 h 14
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,385
Quoting: yikes
Kyle Beach, paraphrased,

"Every player knew."

Toews, Kane, Keith (lied today btw) are gonna have well, things are no where near done.

Yep, Kane, Toews, Keith, can't forget Andrew Ladd who are the 4 active players from that 2010 team are gonna face some backlash
27 oct. 2021 à 18 h 15
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
I find it weird that Beach played for the Blackhawks for 3 more years knowing he was sexually assaulted and they did nothing about it.

you actually should just delete this comment, a very dumb comment idc you can bring in a mod in if thats a "out of line take". its pretty funny as this comment is basically part of the problem.
Sorry to offend anybody, and yes I'm pretty ignorant about the situation, but can you seriously answer the question? If he was so disgruntled, he could've went to Europe, but chose to continue playing for them

the guy needed to:
make money
pursue a career
probably under contract?
move on (which he regrets)
not speak about it (which he just said he regretted)
he was told he was the reason why it happened
A_Habs_fan et SevenLeg a aimé ceci.
27 oct. 2021 à 18 h 16
WentWughes
you actually should just delete this comment, a very dumb comment idc you can bring in a mod. its pretty funny as this comment is basically part of the problem.

Sorry to offend anybody, and yes I'm pretty ignorant about the situation, but can you seriously answer the question? If he was so disgruntled, he could've went to Europe, but chose to continue playing for them
27 oct. 2021 à 18 h 21
WentWughes
you actually should just delete this comment, a very dumb comment idc you can bring in a mod in if thats a "out of line take". its pretty funny as this comment is basically part of the problem.

the guy needed to:
make money
pursue a career
probably under contract?
move on (which he regrets)
not speak about it (which he just said he regretted)
he was told he was the reason why it happened

That just makes the entire situation even worse if he was told that he wasn't the victim. But he could've went to Europe or requested a trade (or mutually terminated his contract). There was many ways out and he didn't take any.

My last comment because this is a very touchy subject. I just find it odd that he kept playing for a team that chose to ignore he was sexually assaulted
27 oct. 2021 à 18 h 22
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6,514
Kyle Beach, paraphrased,

"Every player knew."

To be fair to other players, they have similar risk in saying something as Beach would have had. Not as much trauma but not saying it couldn't have happened to another player/players. Just a thought, not sticking up for them.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
27 oct. 2021 à 18 h 23
That just makes the entire situation even worse if he was told that he wasn't the victim. But he could've went to Europe or requested a trade (or mutually terminated his contract). There was many ways out and he didn't take any.

My last comment because this is a very touchy subject. I just find it odd that he kept playing for a team that chose to ignore he was sexually assaulted

Well he played for the Hawks AHL team while the offender was with the NHL team so he had some distance, but also yes money, career-wise, maybe contract wise and other ways he stayed with the Org
KSIxSKULLS a aimé ceci.
27 oct. 2021 à 18 h 24
EklundCelebriniSmith

he was told that exactly by the hawks internal team and doc gary that he isnt a victim and that he caused it to happen to himself. he told everyone and even the NHLPA head knew.

As I said we cannot understand being in that situation but your 20 years old, told ur fine by the guys who own you (yes teams own you, weve seen that with eichel). told ur not a victim and no one acts so what can you do? he didnt know what to do and didnt tell anyone else until months later and no one did anything before or until now. watch his interview youll find your answers.

Imagine being raped and then literally no one does anything and told that youre not the victim by the people who pay you and his future lies in the NHL and then you still have to pursue your NHL career, becoming labeled as a low value player. guy obviously didn't have many options.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
27 oct. 2021 à 18 h 28
WentWughes

They called him Homophobic name... so I guess the players thought it was Mutual?
27 oct. 2021 à 18 h 30

That's gonna hurt Fehr a lot if true.
yikes a aimé ceci.
27 oct. 2021 à 18 h 30
EklundCelebriniSmith

They called him Homophobic name... so I guess the players thought it was Mutual?

Nope, Sopel said some players told management and HR. It was not mutual fun comments.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
27 oct. 2021 à 18 h 35
WentWughes
Quoting: A_Habs_fan

That's gonna hurt Fehr a lot if true.

Nope, Sopel said some players told management and HR. It was not mutual fun comments.

But there's still another question about that... did they players tell because he was sexually assaulted or did they tell because of the homophobic comments
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
27 oct. 2021 à 18 h 38

I'd expect Chicago to be booed a lot tonight, same for Keith, Q, etc
yikes, KSIxSKULLS et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
27 oct. 2021 à 18 h 39
EklundCelebriniSmith
But there's still another question about that... did they players tell because he was sexually assaulted or did they tell because of the homophobic comments

Beach did not tell anyone but management and executives (later his family in the summer) that he was sexually assaulted and he regrets not telling anyone. Sopel; did not harass him, and told HR/ Management/ Executives that there was harassment in a negative way. So you have:

One guy saying he was assaulted
An entire management team who KNOWS he was sexually assaulted (not harassed) (they later fired him but gave him glowing recommendations)
A group of players that know somethings wrong (not that he was raped)
A group of players harassing someone

not hard to put the pieces together but the NHLPA, and Hawks turned a blind eye and buried it, and that same burying led to a 16 year old being sexually assaulted at his next job. Aldrich is now a registered sex offender after that.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
27 oct. 2021 à 18 h 40
torontos finest
Mentions "j'aime": 11,192
Take the 2010 win off the cup.
yikes a aimé ceci.
27 oct. 2021 à 18 h 40
EklundCelebriniSmith
A_Habs_fan et Bobcat205 a aimé ceci.
27 oct. 2021 à 18 h 46
torontos finest
Mentions "j'aime": 11,192
A minute in and you can hear the pain in his voice. Already hard to hear.

Florida needs to fire Quenneville yesterday. There's absolutely no doubt that he intentionally sabotaged Beach's career because of this incident. He was the highest player drafted in 2008 not to play an NHL game and the only forward in the first round not to. Hard to excel in an environment where the guy you're trying to impress hates you because you took away his favourite video coach.

Also Bill Peters was the Rockford coach too. Fantastic environment.
A_Habs_fan et yikes a aimé ceci.
27 oct. 2021 à 18 h 48
Quoting: mondo

Florida needs to fire Quenneville yesterday. There's absolutely no doubt that he intentionally sabotaged Beach's career because of this incident. He was the highest player drafted in 2008 not to play an NHL game and the only forward in the first round not to. Hard to excel in an environment where the guy you're trying to impress hates you because you took away his favourite video coach.

Q and Chevy should be gone. Keith, Toews, Ladd and Kane are gonna have a lot of though questions to answer. This is a defining moment for the NHL and they better not f*ck it up
yikes a aimé ceci.
27 oct. 2021 à 18 h 50
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: mondo

cant wait for Q to coach tonight 🙃
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage