SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game 2018-19

2018-19 Gm Game - Messages to the BOG/Commisioner

25 sept. 2018 à 0 h 14
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,820
Quoting: ricochetii
Yes please. It's been ridiculous previously how many players GMs were able to claim.
I'd also suggest making sure teams have a contract spot available to claim a player BEFORE submitting a claim. If you don't have a spot for a player, you shouldn't be able to pick them up and then correct it later. If you're sitting at 50 contracts, then other teams that only have 45-49 contracts should have a chance to use their contract spots. Hopefully then teams will be more selective about who they sign/claim, instead of just grabbing everyone they possibly can in hope of turning a profit eventually.
(Note I'm talking about contracts only, not roster spots. Picking someone up and then sending one down, isn't an issue if you aren't over the contract limit.)

Once a team claims a player, they will move to the end of the waiver list. The 50 contract rule will also be highly enforced.
25 sept. 2018 à 0 h 26
Lets Go Blues
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 4,335
I'd also suggest making sure teams have a contract spot available to claim a player BEFORE submitting a claim.

Yep. We will be sure to address this in our instructions for waiver transactions. The onus will remain on GMs to be sure that they aren't violating the rules. depending on the severity, the consequence will range from losing waiver priority to draft pick forfeiture. thanks @Rico
ricochetii a aimé ceci.
25 sept. 2018 à 10 h 43
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,922
Quoting: krakowitz
Did somebody give the impression that the 15 NHL player rule could be excused?

thought that Dylan said we would need a roster of 22 NHL players to actually count towards the new standings criteria
25 sept. 2018 à 11 h 11
Go Habs Go
Mentions "j'aime": 4,091
Been waiting to see the IRL waiver decisions before I make my own.
I don't want to lose a player on waivers if they were never sent down IRL, or keep a player up if they are put on waivers IRL.
Is it going to be possible for us to review the IRL transactions before the deadline for our own moves with the way you have it planned?
25 sept. 2018 à 13 h 27
CFGM Game Moderator
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,502
Quoting: jmac490
thought that Dylan said we would need a roster of 22 NHL players to actually count towards the new standings criteria

Unless they completely changed the rule, I think it still stands as follows...

Min 15 players (incl goalie) who played at least 10 NHL games last season are what's required for our in game rosters.
So I think both me and Jake are safe in that way right now, as it is NOT all 23 roster spots.

If I'm wrong, then I too am hooped as that's been the basis of how I've built my stellar roster smile
25 sept. 2018 à 14 h 19
V3 Canucks GM, BOG
Mentions "j'aime": 653
Quoting: flamesfan419
Unless they completely changed the rule, I think it still stands as follows...

Min 15 players (incl goalie) who played at least 10 NHL games last season are what's required for our in game rosters.
So I think both me and Jake are safe in that way right now, as it is NOT all 23 roster spots.

If I'm wrong, then I too am hooped as that's been the basis of how I've built my stellar roster smile

@jmac490

Here's the official rule:

"Teams must have at least 15 players on the active roster who played in 10+ NHL games in the past year. Once the season starts, players who have 10+ GP in 2018-19 also count towards the 15 player minimum."
25 sept. 2018 à 14 h 21
V3 Canucks GM, BOG
Been waiting to see the IRL waiver decisions before I make my own.
I don't want to lose a player on waivers if they were never sent down IRL, or keep a player up if they are put on waivers IRL.
Is it going to be possible for us to review the IRL transactions before the deadline for our own moves with the way you have it planned?

As with the draft and free agency, GMs will have to make their roster decisions before they are confirmed in real life
25 sept. 2018 à 14 h 38
NateElder12
Rejoint: avr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 801
Quoting: TonyStrecher
As with the draft and free agency, GMs will have to make their roster decisions before they are confirmed in real life

can we at least grant teams the ability to complete October 1st deals before the roster freeze and waiver wire determination? That would make sense too.
25 sept. 2018 à 14 h 55
V3 Canucks GM, BOG
Quoting: NateElder12
can we at least grant teams the ability to complete October 1st deals before the roster freeze and waiver wire determination? That would make sense too.

That just doesn't really make sense for a number of reasons. First of all, in all future months, the waiver order will be determined by your roster from the end of the last month, it shouldn't be different for October. Secondly, it seems unfair to allow October 1 traded to effect it, but not any trades later in the month. Thirdly if we do then everyone will basically have to submit their roster and waivers on one Tuesday and if they don't, we won't have any time to fix it.
25 sept. 2018 à 16 h 25
NateElder12
That just doesn't really make sense for a number of reasons. First of all, in all future months, the waiver order will be determined by your roster from the end of the last month, it shouldn't be different for October. Secondly, it seems unfair to allow October 1 traded to effect it, but not any trades later in the month. Thirdly if we do then everyone will basically have to submit their roster and waivers on one Tuesday and if they don't, we won't have any time to fix it.

So a team that might be weak but has three trades lined up to improve their team Oct 1st could stay near the top of waiver priority list to start the season? I don't see how that makes sense. In a vacuum, I'd agree with you but the only thing preventing already completed trades from going through is a trade limitation rule? Seems petty. For when the season begins I think the waiver priority order seems fine. I just don't think starting the season waiver order without rosters being officially set is good idea and that's what we are doing here. All teams must set their roster, then IRL dominos fall, then teams readjust their roster, and then October 1 trades go through, and then teams readjust their rosters? We are essentially conducting three waves of waivers in this scenario.
Daryl a aimé ceci.
25 sept. 2018 à 16 h 29
get ur corsi up
Mentions "j'aime": 1,558
Are we going to get a chance to make our already set up October trades before we put people on waivers?
25 sept. 2018 à 16 h 30
NateElder12
Quoting: Daryl
Are we going to get a chance to make our already set up October trades before we put people on waivers?

I guess not from the sounds of it. People that have waivers players included in trades could get screwed over too. Hopefully, we figure something out.
25 sept. 2018 à 16 h 39
get ur corsi up
Mentions "j'aime": 1,558
Quoting: NateElder12
I guess not from the sounds of it. People that have waivers players included in trades could get screwed over too. Hopefully, we figure something out.

Yeah it'd nice if we could get a chance to make some trades before we put people on waivers. I know for myself I'd like to move both Kuemper and Deangelo before waiving people.
25 sept. 2018 à 16 h 47
Black Lives Matter
Mentions "j'aime": 4,651
@jmac490

Here's the official rule:

"Teams must have at least 15 players on the active roster who played in 10+ NHL games in the past year. Once the season starts, players who have 10+ GP in 2018-19 also count towards the 15 player minimum."

So first you say that you need 15, and now i'm told you need every player in the lineup to be playing IRL.
25 sept. 2018 à 16 h 57
Lets Go Blues
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
So first you say that you need 15, and now i'm told you need every player in the lineup to be playing IRL.

The rule is 15 NHL players with 10+ games last year or 10+ games this year. How you fill the rest of the roster is completely up to you, although guys that aren't playing in the NHL are not accounted for in monthly scoring. Questions?
rangersandislesfan et TrueNorth a aimé ceci.
25 sept. 2018 à 16 h 59
Lets Go Blues
Quoting: Daryl
Yeah it'd nice if we could get a chance to make some trades before we put people on waivers. I know for myself I'd like to move both Kuemper and Deangelo before waiving people.

with accompanying music: We're working on a solution
Daryl a aimé ceci.
25 sept. 2018 à 17 h 41
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: A_K
The rule is 15 NHL players with 10+ games last year or 10+ games this year. How you fill the rest of the roster is completely up to you, although guys that aren't playing in the NHL are not accounted for in monthly scoring. Questions?

So you're saying i'll need to trade for or sign players that are playing to have them count for the stats?
25 sept. 2018 à 17 h 43
Lets Go Blues
So you're saying i'll need to trade for or sign players that are playing to have them count for the stats?

Yes, having the most NHL players on your team will give you the most competitive roster. This is an NHL simulation after all wink
25 sept. 2018 à 19 h 10
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: A_K
Yes, having the most NHL players on your team will give you the most competitive roster. This is an NHL simulation after all wink

Can we still sign UFAs?
25 sept. 2018 à 19 h 13
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,161
Can we still sign UFAs?

Yes, just send me the contract and I'll write it up
25 sept. 2018 à 19 h 25
SEA GM v5
Rejoint: sept. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 880
Quoting: Bo53Horvat
Yes, just send me the contract and I'll write it up

What UFAs are still available?
25 sept. 2018 à 19 h 50
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,052
Quoting: TabooPenguo

Gritty
25 sept. 2018 à 20 h 22
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: MrBooth
Gritty

Actually Turner already signed him
25 sept. 2018 à 20 h 22
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: TabooPenguo

I'll DM you the list
25 sept. 2018 à 20 h 45
Go Habs Go
Mentions "j'aime": 4,091
NOTICE: Waiver claiming will open later in the week and in order to claim a player, YOU MUST HAVE AN OPEN ROSTER SPOT (less than 23 healthy players) AND AN OPEN CONTRACT SPOT (less than 50 contracts). We will strictly enforce this rule, so if you’re interested in claiming players off the waiver wire, please think ahead!!!

When I mentioned this I specifically stated you shouldn't need an open roster spot, just an open contract slot. Waivers are a tool to improve your team, not just plug holes.
Is there a good reason for not allowing a current player to be placed on waivers after a claim is confirmed?

The way this would work as written, could result in a team waiving a player, not winning the claim, and having their own player claimed in the process. Instead of improving or filling a hole, they'd be losing a player and creating a hole.

If you don't feel the contract slot restriction is adequate, you can use other restrictions (total number of successful claims allowed per season or something). If you lose a 14th forward while failing a claim it's no big deal, but then you have to replace that 14th forward and it might end up happening again.
flamesfan419 et Daryl a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage